Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

to start with those kids who gave it all over there did it because they felt is was the right thing to do. It amazes me anyone woud use that as a reaon you call this a failure
To them, it was a sacrifice they made to meake it a succes as it is

waste?
the failed job stimulus cost the same while over 130,000 people were murdered in this country during the same time
thats a waste

The number of bases we have closed in Iraq and Kuwait semse 03 numbers, well look for your self
No longer existent:

Camp Doha (closed in 2006, forces and equipment distributed among Camps Arifjan and Buehring)
Camp Navistar(closed 2007)
Camp New Jersey (closed in 2004) Combined to become part of Camp Virginia
Camp New York (closed in 2004, reactivated and deactiviated several time since.)
Camp Pennsylvania (closed in 2004)
Camp Victory (closed in 2006)
Camp Wolverine (closed in 2004)
Camp Maine (closed in 2003)
you can goggle the big one in saudi
that was closed in 03
List of United States Army installations in Kuwait - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They did not necessarily feel this way, just as many soldiers did not feel that way in the Vietnam War. When you are in the service and get sent to fight a stupid war by an asshole like Bush, you are stuck, you do not particularly like it.

wat does nam have to do with Iraq?
2 totally different events

The soldiers were fighting in an immoral, unjustified war both in Vietnam and Iraq. Have you not read the comparisons?

They did not necessarily feel this way, just as many soldiers did not feel that way in the Vietnam War. When you are in the service and get sent to fight a stupid war by an asshole like Bush, you are stuck, you do not particularly like it.

wat does nam have to do with Iraq?
2 totally different events

The soldiers were fighting in an immoral, unjustified war both in Vietnam and Iraq. Have you not read the comparisons?

you keep repeating the in accurate history of these events the days of becoming true are gone. People have wised up and stopped taking your word for it

Firstly, dismissing my point of view because of your perception of my politics is instant loss.

Secondly, I have never presumed to speak for anyone, let alone those who went to fight in Iraq, neither has anyone else here - you are the only one doing that.

I do say, though, that if their reason for going was because they believed it was just and legal and essential for the defence of the USA then they were deceived by the people at the top.
That is a tragedy.
I don't question their bravery or their strong sense of duty or whatever, I'm in awe of their commitment to their country - but it's a catastrophe that those qualities were wasted, and subsequently lost to your country on a false cause.

Further, 62% turnout in a country that was supposed to be gagging for democracy and spreading flower petals before the feet of their liberators seems a bit low to me.
As I said earlier they had a 100% turnout a few years before.

your politics is your business
took it for granted that your lack of knowledge of the events with Iraq you fit the mold
the deception part takes care of the lack of knowlwdge
you want to go find a marine that thinks he ids doing the right thing when he went to Iraq and explain that to him, you know being a waste

Your mold is about complete

You did again with the politics!

Anyway
From 2000 until October 2002, I was a Marine Corps lieutenant general and director of operations for the Joint Chiefs of Staff. After 9/11, I was a witness and therefore a party to the actions that led us to the invasion of Iraq--an unnecessary war...............I am driven to action now by the missteps and misjudgments of the White House and the Pentagon, and by my many painful visits to our military hospitals. In those places, I have been both inspired and shaken by the broken bodies but unbroken spirits of soldiers, Marines and corpsmen returning from this war. The cost of flawed leadership continues to be paid in blood. The willingness of our forces to shoulder such a load should make it a sacred obligation for civilian and military leaders to get our defense policy right. They must be absolutely sure that the commitment is for a cause as honorable as the sacrifice.

Read more: Why Iraq Was a Mistake - TIME

There are plenty more...you are the one presuming to talk for the soldiers, no one else here.

To start with it is rare for a person to admit they did not have an accurate understanding of an event
That I respect you for
I also have no doubt there are some who where in the military who did not agree with invading Iraq.

y point has been and continues to be that at some point in time by joining you knew Iraq was not only on the radar, it was over 50% of the radar
What is difficult for some to vision is people like me. I did my own DD
I put my self in GWB shoes
I looked at the info we had available in the public
I think he made the right choice

I could agree with you if Blix had not been saying the same things we were saying 6-8 weeks before we invade
That info was based on Iraqi intel from Iraqi documents provided by the Iraqi govt.

Those kids believe like I do. I am not speaking for them, I am speaking with thim

What the fuck is with these left-over hippies and their clumsy attempts at revisionism?

your politics is your business
took it for granted that your lack of knowledge of the events with Iraq you fit the mold
the deception part takes care of the lack of knowlwdge
you want to go find a marine that thinks he ids doing the right thing when he went to Iraq and explain that to him, you know being a waste

Your mold is about complete

Anyway
From 2000 until October 2002, I was a Marine Corps lieutenant general and director of operations for the Joint Chiefs of Staff. After 9/11, I was a witness and therefore a party to the actions that led us to the invasion of Iraq--an unnecessary war...............I am driven to action now by the missteps and misjudgments of the White House and the Pentagon, and by my many painful visits to our military hospitals. In those places, I have been both inspired and shaken by the broken bodies but unbroken spirits of soldiers, Marines and corpsmen returning from this war. The cost of flawed leadership continues to be paid in blood. The willingness of our forces to shoulder such a load should make it a sacred obligation for civilian and military leaders to get our defense policy right. They must be absolutely sure that the commitment is for a cause as honorable as the sacrifice.

Read more: Why Iraq Was a Mistake - TIME

There are plenty more...you are the one presuming to talk for the soldiers, no one else here.

To start with it is rare for a person to admit they did not have an accurate understanding of an event
That I respect you for
I also have no doubt there are some who where in the military who did not agree with invading Iraq.

y point has been and continues to be that at some point in time by joining you knew Iraq was not only on the radar, it was over 50% of the radar

I could agree with you if Blix had not been saying the same things we were saying 6-8 weeks before we invade
That info was based on Iraqi intel from Iraqi documents provided by the Iraqi govt.

Those kids believe like I do. I am not speaking for them, I am speaking with thim

Can't you follow?
Blix was working for the UN.
Despite what he said, it was not his job to call for an invasion (which he never did in any case).
He could only report back to the UN and then that body would make the call for action.
They didn't, yet the US used the UN as a justification for their action.

You've been adamant up 'til now that everyone that has served over there believed in the justness of the cause, but now you retreat from that after one easily-found article.

Every other argument you've put up has been refuted by others.

I'm sure you'll retreat back to a default setting of outrage now but...so be it.

Your naive trust in your politicians is almost endearing.

Anyway

That I respect you for

Can't you follow?
Despite what he said, it was not his job to call for an invasion (which he never did in any case).
He could only report back to the UN and then that body would make the call for action.

You've been adamant up 'til now that everyone that has served over there believed in the justness of the cause, but now you retreat from that after one easily-found article.

I'm sure you'll retreat back to a default setting of outrage now but...so be it.

Never have I claimed Blix was the person to make the call
It was verification
not retreat, never
my point stays the course
If you joined after 9-11 you had to believe or why else would you join?
Your article was about people that were there all ready

I am disappointed in that accusation
Your resembling other left wing liberals I have grown tired of there spin

That I respect you for

Can't you follow?

It was verification
not retreat, never

Yet you're using his opinion as justification.

Now you're changing your position to counter my argument

Which one...that you're endearing?

I'm not sure what you mean, I have no objection to justified military action, I just don't accept that this one was justified - oddly enough, neither do many of the major players; Bush, Rumsfeld, Powell being three fairly major examples.

Last edited:
exactly. These folks continue to scramble to explain the horribleness of us being stuck in an uneccessary war!

You fascists attempt to portray this as "Bush lied" to get us into war. But the fact is that both sides have used IDENTICAL statements back to 1988, regarding Iraq and Saddam. The partisan hacks of the fascist democrats are the worst at this. The list of calls for military action against Iraq BY FASCIST LEADERS, is pages long, Hillary, John Kerry, Harry Reid, et al. This portrayal of Bush and Republicans as "war mongers" while the fascists were the voice of reason is pure dishonesty. Bush may well have done nothing more than read Clinton's speeches.

and how we got there! they try to blame everyone except the ONES who LED us there.

The ones who led us there include the leaders of the fascist democratic party. YOU try to pretend that the fascists opposed this and the Republicans FORCED us to go to war. That is pure bullshit. Iraq sits as firmly in the lap of Clinton as it does Bush. Some of the loudest voices for war came from the fascist party. The pretense that this was all the Republicans is purely dishonest.

you dont think we remember Bush's state of the union address? the freedom fries crap? the dixie chick stuff? (hey! those dixie chicks ended up BEING TOTALLY CORRECT!)

Oh, you fascists remember everything Bush said, you just conveniently forget everything Clinton and the leaders of YOUR party said, then dishonestly pretend that the fascists were the voice of reason. You weren't.

Can't you follow?

It was verification
not retreat, never

Yet you're using his opinion as justification.

Now you're changing your position to counter my argument

Which one...that you're endearing?

I'm not sure what you mean, I have no objection to justified military action, I just don't accept that this one was justified - oddly enough, neither do many of the major players; Bush, Rumsfeld, Powell being three fairly major examples.

In statements and reports, Blix's inspection team reported that despite Iraq's denials, there were indications that Iraq had created weapons of mass destruction, including VX agent, a weapon that Blix described as "one of the most toxic [nerve agents] ever developed." Blix's report also contained evidence that Iraq had provided contradictory information about its VX stocks in a 12,000-page declaration regarding Iraq's weapons programs that Iraq supplied to the Security Council in December 2002. The United States and United Kingdom contended that Iraq's false declaration to the Security Council was clear and convincing evidence of Iraq's continued unwillingness to comply with United Nations resolutions and to peacefully disarm.

UN inspection reports provided evidence to the Security Council that Iraq had failed to account for 6,500 chemical bombs, thousand of tons of known chemical agents, empty chemical warheads (including an empty Sakr-18 chemical warhead) discovered subsequent to Iraq's declaration, and stocks of thiodiglycol (a precursor of mustard gas).

Iraq admitted to producing—in violation of international law—8,500 liters of anthrax bacteria capable of use in biological warfare. Iraq claimed that production stopped before the first Persian Gulf War and that it destroyed the anthrax. UN inspection reports stated, "Iraq has provided little evidence for this production and no convincing evidence for its destruction." In addition, UN inspectors concluded that there were strong indications that Iraq had manufactured far greater stores of anthrax.

Blix also reported that Iraq had manufactured a missile, the Samoud 2, that violated United Nations range restrictions limiting missiles to a range of 90 miles (150 kilometers). Inspectors also provided evidence to the Security Council that Iraq rebuilt a missile plant that had previously been destroyed by earlier inspection teams and that it continued to illegally import chemicals used in formulating missile fuels and prohibited weapons. Blix ordered Iraq to begin destruction of the prohibited missiles by March 1, 2003, and to cease production of the missiles. Blix also insisted that Iraq begin to allow U-2 reconnaissance aircraft overflights demanded by inspectors.

This is not an opinion
This is what one calls information

Read more: Iraq War: Prelude to War (The International Debate Over the Use and Effectiveness of Weapons Inspections) - Iraq War: Prelude to War (The International Debate Over the Use and Effectiveness of Weapons Inspections) -

As far as being as being justified? are you saying GWB and Rumsfeld said the Iraq war was not justified?If you say so

I have not changed any position. Your the same as Dr Drock and every other liberal I have debated with on this issue, in fact I doubt your a different person, you remind me of a paid spammer I have seen on other message boards

it is the same spin over and over and it never is about the subject matter
Its allways about bringing harm to the person, never about debating the subject matter

As far as the kids who volunteered to fight the battle with GWB as president, I have no idea why anyone would think this country was doing the right thing and that the president was worth supporting by putting there life on the line for that purpose and that person
You seriously are willing to deny that?
You seriously are willing to play with that? to spin it?

JRK say this out loud.

"I support a war that's end result is a government based on Islam with a Hezbollah agent as prime minister."

It's really that simple, even if you can downplay all the deaths and $. As Uncensored says it's both parties fault equally, democrats think they were playing nice with Iraq. Clinton's sanctions on Iraq probably killed more civilians than the War did and the majority of democratic senators wanted this stupid war too.

JRK say this out loud.

"I support a war that's end result is a government based on Islam with a Hezbollah agent as prime minister."

It's really that simple, even if you can downplay all the deaths and $. As Uncensored says it's both parties fault equally, democrats think they were playing nice with Iraq. Clinton's sanctions on Iraq probably killed more civilians than the War did and the majority of democratic senators wanted this stupid war too.

Dr Drock say this out loud
JRK supports the war because it was the right thing to do
JRK supports the war because he leader we removed was an evil person who had weapons he was not suppose to have, he had lied about what weapons he did have, and had murdered 100s of thousands of people
JRK supports the republic which has been formed from this war
JRK supports the will of the people of Iraq
and
JRK supports the time table that Iraq and the US agreed upon in 2008 that mandates our final days there as we speak, to the point come 2012 there maybe as few as no Americans left there
JRK supports this victory and the will of the people in Iraq is no different than the will of the people in this country. Who they elect as well as who we elect is not going to make every one happy

exactly. These folks continue to scramble to explain the horribleness of us being stuck in an uneccessary war!

You fascists attempt to portray this as "Bush lied" to get us into war. But the fact is that both sides have used IDENTICAL statements back to 1988, regarding Iraq and Saddam. The partisan hacks of the fascist democrats are the worst at this. The list of calls for military action against Iraq BY FASCIST LEADERS, is pages long, Hillary, John Kerry, Harry Reid, et al. This portrayal of Bush and Republicans as "war mongers" while the fascists were the voice of reason is pure dishonesty. Bush may well have done nothing more than read Clinton's speeches.

and how we got there! they try to blame everyone except the ONES who LED us there.

The ones who led us there include the leaders of the fascist democratic party. YOU try to pretend that the fascists opposed this and the Republicans FORCED us to go to war. That is pure bullshit. Iraq sits as firmly in the lap of Clinton as it does Bush. Some of the loudest voices for war came from the fascist party. The pretense that this was all the Republicans is purely dishonest.

you dont think we remember Bush's state of the union address? the freedom fries crap? the dixie chick stuff? (hey! those dixie chicks ended up BEING TOTALLY CORRECT!)

Oh, you fascists remember everything Bush said, you just conveniently forget everything Clinton and the leaders of YOUR party said, then dishonestly pretend that the fascists were the voice of reason. You weren't.

Only a fascist would apologize for a war of aggression, making you the fascist.

A lot happened in those 5 years including Saddam's cooperation with IAEA inspectors. Your attempt to rewrite history has failed, as have your other inane revisionist posts.

You’re not very good at this, maybe a BB isn't the best place for you to spend your time?

JRK say this out loud.

Dr Drock say this out loud
JRK supports the war because it was the right thing to do
JRK supports the war because he leader we removed was an evil person who had weapons he was not suppose to have, he had lied about what weapons he did have, and had murdered 100s of thousands of people
JRK supports the republic which has been formed from this war
JRK supports the will of the people of Iraq
and
JRK supports the time table that Iraq and the US agreed upon in 2008 that mandates our final days there as we speak, to the point come 2012 there maybe as few as no Americans left there
JRK supports this victory and the will of the people in Iraq is no different than the will of the people in this country. Who they elect as well as who we elect is not going to make every one happy

1.) Going from a Hussein nut to a Hezbollah nut isn't the right thing to do.
2.) Going from one evil person to another isn't the right thing to do.
3.) Who cares what the UN said he could and couldn't have, doing the UN's bidding is unconstitutional.
4.) A republic that elects Hezbollah agents, still dunno how you support that.
5.) If you support the will of the people of Iraq then let them revolt on their own.
6.) Screw the timetable, should've never gone.
7.) Electing Hezbollah shouldn't make any US taxpayer happy, since the US taxpayer had to pay for this disaster.

Only a fascist would apologize for a war of aggression, making you the fascist.

I'm not a democrat, moron.

Nor did I support, promote or apologize for the war. What I did was pin your skanky ass to the wall for the hypocrisy of you and your shameful party. The fascist democrats pushed and promoted this war every bit as much as the Republicans did. YOU own it just as much as Bush does.

{"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." --Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by: -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." Letter to President Bush, Signed by: -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them." -- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002 }

Democrat Quotes on Iraq Weapons of Mass Destruction

A lot happened in those 5 years including Saddam's cooperation with IAEA inspectors. Your attempt to rewrite history has failed, as have your other inane revisionist posts.

You’re not very good at this, maybe a BB isn't the best place for you to spend your time?

You fascists attempt to portray this as a Bush thing - but as usual, you're lying.

Which Democrat ordered our troops to invade?

Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, drooling Dick Durban, and 131 more.

It's a Bush thing alright, you lose again fascist.

I'm not a democrat, dumbfuck.

I don't support the Obama plan to merge corporations and the federal government. I oppose the fascists democrats and Obama's fascist care.

JRK supports the war because ........

JRK supports the war because he is related to GWB
JRK supports the war because he is a zionist and Israel was the intended beneficiary.
JRK supports the war because he is a parasite hence his money was not used.
JRK supports the war because he didn't have to personally fight - he could comfortably watch it from his home in TelAviv;

And so it goes.

Which Democrat ordered our troops to invade?

Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, drooling Dick Durban, and 131 more.

It's a Bush thing alright, you lose again fascist.

I'm not a democrat, dumbfuck.

I don't support the Obama plan to merge corporations and the federal government. I oppose the fascists democrats and Obama's fascist care.

You're so stupid you don't even know who is the CIC.

Why do you even try?

Forum List

Back