Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

america just needs to get the heck out of the middle east...how ironic they have all this.....oil. and sad.

Kevin GWB made sure we were going to get out of Iraq in 2008
we did what we said we would do and the 3% of the oil Iraq is providing for the world is flowing

huh? When did we get out of iraq? we're still there???:cuckoo:

cuckoo?
I did not say we were out yet
we have 4 months left

U.S.

there is talk about keeping 10,000 there
but thats at best a maybe

please do our DD before calling people cuckoo and do not take people out of context

Kevin GWB made sure we were going to get out of Iraq in 2008
we did what we said we would do and the 3% of the oil Iraq is providing for the world is flowing

huh? When did we get out of iraq? we're still there???:cuckoo:

cuckoo?
I did not say we were out yet
we have 4 months left

U.S.

there is talk about keeping 10,000 there
but thats at best a maybe

please do our DD before calling people cuckoo and do not take people out of context

your idea was cuckoo, not you! dont be so sensitive!:tongue:

we shouldnt be there in the first place! no presence at all, especially not a military one. that's my opinion.

Last edited:
are you repub/neo cons/tea partiers/conservatives or whatever you want to name yourselves, still feeling mighty guilty about this stupid war you guys led us into, and still trying to justify it? ha ha ha...
I know the truth here...

You know DA TROOF because you eat magic mushrooms!

{The president said Iraqs refusal to cooperate with U.N. weapons inspectors presented a threat to the entire world.

Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons,}

Goddamned Bush, lying to the people like....

OH WAIT...

{Clinton said.}

Clinton Iraq has abused its last chance - CNN

ROFL

You fascists are such stupid fucks..

"OK, I'll answer both your posts here. Firstly the number of people Saddam killed. However you break the number down, the vast majority of the people he killed including the genocide against the kurds at Halabja were from when he seized power until the beginning of the Gulf War..."

Vast majority?? Can you back that statement up with fact?He had more than a few people killed during his invasion of Kwait, the Gulf War, the following uprising against him, another decade of oppression and the Invasion of Iraq (GWII).

"...So don't you think it's hypocritical of war supporters to use those deaths as a reason to invade Iraq when America supported and armed Saddam during the preiod when most of those deaths occurred."

Not at all. As far as global politics/history is concerned that was ancient history.

Not at all. As far as global politics/history is concerned that was ancient history.
So you agree that supporters of the war shouldn't bring up the number of deaths under Saddam as a justification for the invasion?
After all, it's ancient history.

So we should not use the history of what that person was as we decide on what he may do?
that logic and ted bundy makes no sense what so ever. One of the very reaons we could not trust Saddam with anymore than BB gun is thos 1 million people he murdered as well as invading Kuwait for what he claimed was drilling for oil in Iraq, side ways

Well then, maybe you and 9thIDdoc need to have a private chat to agree on your positions.
My answer was to him.

Saddam's teeth to retaining a perception of power was bolstering he had WMD.

Got what he deserved.

World is mo better

are you repub/neo cons/tea partiers/conservatives or whatever you want to name yourselves, still feeling mighty guilty about this stupid war you guys led us into, and still trying to justify it? ha ha ha...
I know the truth here...

{The president said Iraqs refusal to cooperate with U.N. weapons inspectors presented a threat to the entire world.

Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons,}

OH WAIT...

{Clinton said.}

ROFL

What does something Clinton said in 1998 have to do with Bush's invasion?

Saddam's teeth to retaining a perception of power was bolstering he had WMD.

Got what he deserved.

World is mo better

Saddam was lying about having them and not having them
he was lying about everything and he could have stopped the entire thing
all I have done in this thread is show Saddam had WMD material and muntions he was suppose to have destroyed
that made the war legal and showed that the UN was wrong

what amazes me is if GWB lied, so did the dems and so did the UN
it was never a question of if, the question was what was and what was not
Saddam had years to do the ight hing

Bud If I have to tell you how far you have went over the line with all of this, it should suffice to say that should do it
you can question me 7-24s 365
we can debate what a WMD is and what A stock pile of WMDs are
i dont care
you can cal GWB every name in the book
I dont care

Those kids volunteered and put everything they have on the line because they feel the very same way I do
every-time you say one of them gave there life because they were lied too, I want you to find one that is doing this because he believes in it and look him in the face and start explaining to him what a fool he or she is
that they have been lied to and that there sacrifice is for nothing
go ahead

Like I said...lost...

its the liberal in you that makes you that way
To satrt with boh wars are a tragedy. without Saddam and OBL, thers is no wars
the root cause
not 9-11
not the WMDs
not the yellow cake
the people

2nd
you think we should not have went, you use the lose of life of american troops as one of your reasons
You speak for people who knew when they joined that there was avery good chance (marines etc...) that they were going to see battle
they did that for a reason, they joined ecause they see these events in the same light (in general) as I do

After 9-11 this world changed and those kids who decided to and fight the battle seen the very things we had no choice but to do the same Bush did and millions of us did and still do, yet you think its your place in life to speak for those kids

ITS NOT

let me ask another question. you realize there has been more people murdered in this country sense 9-11 than has died in Iraq?

yet your focus is not that proble, your more worried about attacking Bush and using those kids bravery and commitment to the cause as your reason

I hate violence, I hate where we are in both of those wars. But what else do we do after 9-11?
those kids knew what had to be done and they did it

You talk about Iraq as this huge failure and in only 7 years they has a 62% turnout in there last election that has women not only voting, but elected
saddam is gone
his desire to mass Weapons that have but one purpose is gone
His proven record of being mass murderer is gone

Firstly, dismissing my point of view because of your perception of my politics is instant loss.

Secondly, I have never presumed to speak for anyone, let alone those who went to fight in Iraq, neither has anyone else here - you are the only one doing that.

I do say, though, that if their reason for going was because they believed it was just and legal and essential for the defence of the USA then they were deceived by the people at the top.
That is a tragedy.
I don't question their bravery or their strong sense of duty or whatever, I'm in awe of their commitment to their country - but it's a catastrophe that those qualities were wasted, and subsequently lost to your country on a false cause.

Further, 62% turnout in a country that was supposed to be gagging for democracy and spreading flower petals before the feet of their liberators seems a bit low to me.
As I said earlier they had a 100% turnout a few years before.

WOW, there are still people who believe the big lie!

Amazing!

I know
there was over 500 muntions found that the DOD stated to congress that they met the definition of WMD and damn if there wasnt a shit load of yellow cake sitting over there all that time
just goes to show you that id you would just look into these matters you never know what you will find
Defense.gov News Article: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says
Archived-Articles: The 550 Tons of Yellowcake

Four thousand dead soldiers, thousands more maimed for life, a trillion dollars down the drain, and nothing gained for us here at home.

I call that a failure of monumental proportions.

to start with those kids who gave it all over there did it because they felt is was the right thing to do. It amazes me anyone woud use that as a reaon you call this a failure
To them, it was a sacrifice they made to meake it a succes as it is

waste?
the failed job stimulus cost the same while over 130,000 people were murdered in this country during the same time
thats a waste

The number of bases we have closed in Iraq and Kuwait semse 03 numbers, well look for your self
No longer existent:

Camp Doha (closed in 2006, forces and equipment distributed among Camps Arifjan and Buehring)
Camp Navistar(closed 2007)
Camp New Jersey (closed in 2004) Combined to become part of Camp Virginia
Camp New York (closed in 2004, reactivated and deactiviated several time since.)
Camp Pennsylvania (closed in 2004)
Camp Victory (closed in 2006)
Camp Wolverine (closed in 2004)
Camp Maine (closed in 2003)
you can goggle the big one in saudi
that was closed in 03
List of United States Army installations in Kuwait - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you hadn't have invaded, the bases wouldn't have been there at all.
Your point is...well...pointless.

I know the truth here...

OH WAIT...

{Clinton said.}

ROFL

then, in my opinion, Clinton was wrong on that issue. how does this even come close to letting Bush off the hook for LEADING us into an uneccessary war in Iraq? I hate excuses and excuse makers.

Four thousand dead soldiers, thousands more maimed for life, a trillion dollars down the drain, and nothing gained for us here at home.

to start with those kids who gave it all over there did it because they felt is was the right thing to do. It amazes me anyone woud use that as a reaon you call this a failure

waste?
the failed job stimulus cost the same while over 130,000 people were murdered in this country during the same time
thats a waste

The number of bases we have closed in Iraq and Kuwait semse 03 numbers, well look for your self
No longer existent:

Camp Doha (closed in 2006, forces and equipment distributed among Camps Arifjan and Buehring)
Camp New York (closed in 2004, reactivated and deactiviated several time since.)
that was closed in 03
List of United States Army installations in Kuwait - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is what is wrong with todays politics
no one does there own DD
those bases were there after 1991 to keep Saddam out

I know the truth here...

OH WAIT...

{Clinton said.}

ROFL

What does something Clinton said in 1998 have to do with Bush's invasion?

exactly. These folks continue to scramble to explain the horribleness of us being stuck in an uneccessary war! and how we got there! they try to blame everyone except the ONES who LED us there. you dont think we remember Bush's state of the union address? the freedom fries crap? the dixie chick stuff? (hey! those dixie chicks ended up BEING TOTALLY CORRECT!)

waste?
thats a waste

No longer existent:

that was closed in 03

pretty much.

waste?
thats a waste

No longer existent:

that was closed in 03

This is what is wrong with todays politics
no one does there own DD
those bases were there after 1991 to keep Saddam out

Fair enough, my mistake.

Like I said...lost...

the root cause
not 9-11
not the WMDs
not the yellow cake
the people

2nd
you think we should not have went, you use the lose of life of american troops as one of your reasons
You speak for people who knew when they joined that there was avery good chance (marines etc...) that they were going to see battle
they did that for a reason, they joined ecause they see these events in the same light (in general) as I do

After 9-11 this world changed and those kids who decided to and fight the battle seen the very things we had no choice but to do the same Bush did and millions of us did and still do, yet you think its your place in life to speak for those kids

ITS NOT

let me ask another question. you realize there has been more people murdered in this country sense 9-11 than has died in Iraq?

yet your focus is not that proble, your more worried about attacking Bush and using those kids bravery and commitment to the cause as your reason

I hate violence, I hate where we are in both of those wars. But what else do we do after 9-11?

You talk about Iraq as this huge failure and in only 7 years they has a 62% turnout in there last election that has women not only voting, but elected
saddam is gone

Firstly, dismissing my point of view because of your perception of my politics is instant loss.

Secondly, I have never presumed to speak for anyone, let alone those who went to fight in Iraq, neither has anyone else here - you are the only one doing that.

I do say, though, that if their reason for going was because they believed it was just and legal and essential for the defence of the USA then they were deceived by the people at the top.
That is a tragedy.
I don't question their bravery or their strong sense of duty or whatever, I'm in awe of their commitment to their country - but it's a catastrophe that those qualities were wasted, and subsequently lost to your country on a false cause.

Further, 62% turnout in a country that was supposed to be gagging for democracy and spreading flower petals before the feet of their liberators seems a bit low to me.

your politics is your business
took it for granted that your lack of knowledge of the events with Iraq you fit the mold
the deception part takes care of the lack of knowlwdge
you want to go find a marine that thinks he ids doing the right thing when he went to Iraq and explain that to him, you know being a waste

Your mold is about complete

the root cause
not 9-11
not the WMDs
not the yellow cake
the people

2nd

ITS NOT

saddam is gone

That is a tragedy.

your politics is your business
took it for granted that your lack of knowledge of the events with Iraq you fit the mold
the deception part takes care of the lack of knowlwdge
you want to go find a marine that thinks he ids doing the right thing when he went to Iraq and explain that to him, you know being a waste

Your mold is about complete

You did again with the politics!

Anyway
From 2000 until October 2002, I was a Marine Corps lieutenant general and director of operations for the Joint Chiefs of Staff. After 9/11, I was a witness and therefore a party to the actions that led us to the invasion of Iraq--an unnecessary war...............I am driven to action now by the missteps and misjudgments of the White House and the Pentagon, and by my many painful visits to our military hospitals. In those places, I have been both inspired and shaken by the broken bodies but unbroken spirits of soldiers, Marines and corpsmen returning from this war. The cost of flawed leadership continues to be paid in blood. The willingness of our forces to shoulder such a load should make it a sacred obligation for civilian and military leaders to get our defense policy right. They must be absolutely sure that the commitment is for a cause as honorable as the sacrifice.

Read more: Why Iraq Was a Mistake - TIME

There are plenty more...you are the one presuming to talk for the soldiers, no one else here.

Forum List

Back