Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

Defense.gov News Article: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says
Look Cheney knows that this event took place in 06 I promise you
He also knows that we did not find the piles we thought they had
It is confusing to me why you guys continue to argue a point that you know is not true. This info was presented to congress
do you have any idea how far under the prison these people would be if that was a lie?

You are lying, period. The admin would have yelled from the roof tops if they had found the stock piles of WMDs, particularly nuclear material, they had been warning the world about.

This is not about interpretation now, it is about your deliberate lies.

This is what I have been saying.

Did you ever hear GWB scream from the roof top about anything after he got what he wanted
this info from the DOD is not mine
the info about the yellow cake being in Iraq until we invade is not my info

I am just copying links
Defense.gov News Article: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says
thats a link to that very info being given to congress
you think you can lie to congress and get away with it?

BUSH’S ONE MILLION POUNDS OF NUCLEAR SILENCE
By Maj. General Jerry Curry (retired)

Many in the mainstream news media determined to discredit President Bush at all costs and not to give coverage to anything positive concerning him or his administration.

There is one exception to this trend. On July 6, 2008, The Associated Press reported that President Bush quietly removed over one million pounds of Yellowcake uranium. Although the story didn’t get picked up by many news organizations and though it did not portray the President in glowing terms, for those who could read between the lines, it spoke volumes of the great courage of George Bush and why he is worthy of being our President.

President Bush had to know as soon as the war ended and the nuclear research facility at Tuwaitha, Iraq was in our hands that it contained 550 metric tons of uranium yellowcake (over one million pounds). This meant that while yellowcake is not a weapon of mass destruction, it is an ingredient that is used in producing WMDs. It is not used for peaceful research or energy generation.

So while President Bush was being horribly beaten up by many in the news media and self-serving politicians, he could stop the beating by simply telling the world that our forces are in possession of the uranium yellowcake; therefore Saddam did have an active WMD program, though he did not actually have an assembled WMD sitting in a warehouse.

CLOSE THAT YELLOW CAKE HOLE: One Million Pounds cleared from Iraq

links that explain it better than I can

Look Cheney knows that this event took place in 06 I promise you
He also knows that we did not find the piles we thought they had
It is confusing to me why you guys continue to argue a point that you know is not true. This info was presented to congress
do you have any idea how far under the prison these people would be if that was a lie?

You are lying, period. The admin would have yelled from the roof tops if they had found the stock piles of WMDs, particularly nuclear material, they had been warning the world about.

1) your debating links, not me like this one

that was 2008, the press and you made your minds up 2003

This was in 2006 and was a public event in congress
the press and you had been calling GWB a liar for 3 years, this should hae been front page news
ask yourself why it was not?
Fox coverd it If I recall, that was it
Report: Hundreds of WMDs Found in Iraq - U.S. Senate - FOXNews.com

You know this speaks volumes of how much the main stream media sux and how much you that are gainst the success Iraq is will go to dis honor the facts
These are links people from the DOD, a retired Officer and fox news, not me

Last edited:
They would have been justifying the invasion to the world had they found any WMDs.

Dude there was 60 other nations invaded with us
There was those who were buying iraqi oil on the black market who did not

Who else was we suppose to tell

the press and you had been calling GWB a liar for 3 years, this should hae been front page news

You know this speaks volumes of how much the main stream media sux and how much you that are gainst the success Iraq is will go to dis honor the facts

You are either a lying sack of shit, or a moron...which one is it?

snopes.com: Yellowcake Uranium Removed from Iraq

The yellowcake removed from Iraq in 2008 was material that had long since been identified, documented, and stored in sealed containers under the supervision of U.N. inspectors. It was not a "secret" cache that was recently "discovered" by the U.S, and the yellowcake had not been purchased by Iraq in the years immediately preceding the 2003 invasion. The uranium was the remnants of decades-old nuclear reactor projects that had put out of commission many years earlier. One reactor at Al Tuwaitha was bombed by Israel in 1981, and another was bombed and disabled during Operation Desert Storm in 1991. Moreover, the fact that the yellowcake had been in Iraq since before the 1991 Gulf War was plainly stated in the Associated Press article cited in the example above:

"Tuwaitha and an adjacent research facility were well known for decades as the centerpiece of Saddam's nuclear efforts."

Israeli warplanes bombed a reactor project at the site in 1981. Later, U.N. inspectors documented and safeguarded the yellowcake, which had been stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War. There was no evidence of any yellowcake dating from after 1991, the official said.

The yellowcake removed from Iraq in 2008 was material that had long since been identified, documented, and stored in sealed containers under the supervision of U.N. inspectors. It was not a "secret" cache that was recently "discovered" by the U.S, and the yellowcake had not been purchased by Iraq in the years immediately preceding the 2003 invasion. The uranium was the remnants of decades-old nuclear reactor projects that had put out of commission many years earlier. One reactor at Al Tuwaitha was bombed by Israel in 1981, and another was bombed and disabled during Operation Desert Storm in 1991. Moreover, the fact that the yellowcake had been in Iraq since before the 1991 Gulf War was plainly stated in the Associated Press article cited in the example above:

"Tuwaitha and an adjacent research facility were well known for decades as the centerpiece of Saddam's nuclear efforts."

Israeli warplanes bombed a reactor project at the site in 1981. Later, U.N. inspectors documented and safeguarded the yellowcake, which had been stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War. There was no evidence of any yellowcake dating from after 1991, the official said.

Sack of shit?
So your link is better than mine?
answer me this dick head
Why did it take 18 years to get that yellow cake out of there if snopes is correct?

All that does is confirm there was Yellow cake, that it was not secure and that the US military took control of it after invading
no different than what I allway have said
Now dick head you go on ignore

Sack of shit?
answer me this dick head
Why did it take 18 years to get that yellow cake out of there if snopes is correct?

All that does is confirm there was Yellow cake, that it was not secure and that the US military took control of it after invading

tantrum2.jpg

Sack of shit?
answer me this dick head

tantrum2.jpg

I know
what a baby these libs are with the name calling and all of that
Grown men may not agree, but grown men dont resort to what a 10 year old just because of it

Sack of shit?
answer me this dick head

tantrum2.jpg

I know
Grown men may not agree, but grown men dont resort to what a 10 year old just because of it

Gee little boy, I though I was on 'ignore'...another lie from the lying sack of shit.

There is no dispute about FACTS...

The yellowcake removed from Iraq in 2008 was material that had long since been identified, documented, and stored in sealed containers under the supervision of U.N. inspectors. It was not a "secret" cache that was recently "discovered" by the U.S

Sack of shit?
answer me this dick head

tantrum2.jpg

When someone beats JRK in debate, they get put on ignore.

A perfect plan that allows JRK to continue to spew is falsehoods without having to counter any of the many, many posts that debunk his misinformation.

Join the club!

I know

Gee little boy, I though I was on 'ignore'...another lie from the lying sack of shit.

The yellowcake removed from Iraq in 2008 was material that had long since been identified, documented, and stored in sealed containers under the supervision of U.N. inspectors. It was not a "secret" cache that was recently "discovered" by the U.S

look dude your off the reservation with this. I dont know how one gets to the point your at, bur all I can say is its not normal in my world
The yellow cake has 100 different stories and theories

Calling your fellow american sack of shit and all the other stuff that goes with it has no place in this world, this conversation, nor my life
I will pray for you and the ones you love
Dude think about what your saying and who your saying it to
It nuts

The three trillion dollar war

The cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts have grown to staggering proportions

Joseph Stiglitz and Linda Bilmes

The Bush Administration was wrong about the benefits of the war and it was wrong about the costs of the war. The president and his advisers expected a quick, inexpensive conflict. Instead, we have a war that is costing more than anyone could have imagined.

The cost of direct US military operations - not even including long-term costs such as taking care of wounded veterans - already exceeds the cost of the 12-year war in Vietnam and is more than double the cost of the Korean War.

And, even in the best case scenario, these costs are projected to be almost ten times the cost of the first Gulf War, almost a third more than the cost of the Vietnam War, and twice that of the First World War. The only war in our history which cost more was the Second World War, when 16.3 million U.S. troops fought in a campaign lasting four years, at a total cost (in 2007 dollars, after adjusting for inflation) of about $5 trillion (that's $5 million million, or £2.5 million million). With virtually the entire armed forces committed to fighting the Germans and Japanese, the cost per troop (in today's dollars) was less than $100,000 in 2007 dollars. By contrast, the Iraq war is costing upward of $400,000 per troop.

Most Americans have yet to feel these costs. The price in blood has been paid by our voluntary military and by hired contractors. The price in treasure has, in a sense, been financed entirely by borrowing. Taxes have not been raised to pay for it - in fact, taxes on the rich have actually fallen. Deficit spending gives the illusion that the laws of economics can be repealed, that we can have both guns and butter. But of course the laws are not repealed. The costs of the war are real even if they have been deferred, possibly to another generation.

More

It's interesting that the "conservatives" are willing to spend three trillion dollars on wars of choice but are unwilling to spend less money to provide the most basic help to American poor.

The cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts have grown to staggering proportions

The Bush Administration was wrong about the benefits of the war and it was wrong about the costs of the war. The president and his advisers expected a quick, inexpensive conflict. Instead, we have a war that is costing more than anyone could have imagined.

The cost of direct US military operations - not even including long-term costs such as taking care of wounded veterans - already exceeds the cost of the 12-year war in Vietnam and is more than double the cost of the Korean War.

And, even in the best case scenario, these costs are projected to be almost ten times the cost of the first Gulf War, almost a third more than the cost of the Vietnam War, and twice that of the First World War. The only war in our history which cost more was the Second World War, when 16.3 million U.S. troops fought in a campaign lasting four years, at a total cost (in 2007 dollars, after adjusting for inflation) of about $5 trillion (that's $5 million million, or £2.5 million million). With virtually the entire armed forces committed to fighting the Germans and Japanese, the cost per troop (in today's dollars) was less than $100,000 in 2007 dollars. By contrast, the Iraq war is costing upward of $400,000 per troop.

Most Americans have yet to feel these costs. The price in blood has been paid by our voluntary military and by hired contractors. The price in treasure has, in a sense, been financed entirely by borrowing. Taxes have not been raised to pay for it - in fact, taxes on the rich have actually fallen. Deficit spending gives the illusion that the laws of economics can be repealed, that we can have both guns and butter. But of course the laws are not repealed. The costs of the war are real even if they have been deferred, possibly to another generation.

More

It's interesting that the "conservatives" are willing to spend three trillion dollars on wars of choice but are unwilling to spend less money to provide the most basic help to American poor.

True conservatives are against both, that's why a true conservative is almost impossible to find these days.

Same goes for true liberals, a true liberal would be furious with Obama for being anti-gay marriage, true liberals are all about free trade and capitalism, not the type who want huge tariffs and a bunch of big government bureacracies to take the place of capitalism in many instances. They'd also take a HUGE issue their party's love for the War on Drugs, which they don't.

I know

look dude your off the reservation with this. I dont know how one gets to the point your at, bur all I can say is its not normal in my world

Calling your fellow american sack of shit and all the other stuff that goes with it has no place in this world, this conversation, nor my life
It nuts

SO...

The United Nations, the international community and the scientific community are all lying just to smear your man crush Bush.

And Bush kept quite about this "secret" cache that was recently "discovered" by the U.S because he is too modest to toot his own horn...

UN...fucking...BELIEVABLE

More

True conservatives are against both, that's why a true conservative is almost impossible to find these days.

Same goes for true liberals, a true liberal would be furious with Obama for being anti-gay marriage, true liberals are all about free trade and capitalism, not the type who want huge tariffs and a bunch of big government bureacracies to take the place of capitalism in many instances. They'd also take a HUGE issue their party's love for the War on Drugs, which they don't.

Your 3 trillion dollar number is not correct, not even close for Iraq
CBO: Eight Years Of Iraq War Cost Less Than Stimulus Act | Fox News
The conservative knew the Iraqi war would be over as it will be this year and all reality the cost ended some time ago
The conservative also knows that the bases closed in Saudi, Kuwait as well as the money saved being gave to the UN in time would have been in the billions
Why does the liberal feel the need to exaggerate?

It nuts

SO...

The United Nations, the international community and the scientific community are all lying just to smear your man crush Bush.

And Bush kept quite about this "secret" cache that was recently "discovered" by the U.S because he is too modest to toot his own horn...

UN...fucking...BELIEVABLE

Really?
find a link prior to 2008 about that yellow cake
I mean one that is dated 1991, not 2008
I never stated it was discovered in 2008 anyway
best I can tell w got our hands on it in 2003

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080707/pl_afp/usiraqcanadauraniumnuclear_080707154601

Quote, July 7, 2008: "At Iraq's request, the US military this year transferred hundreds of metric tons of yellowcake uranium from Iraq to Canada in a secret, weeks-long operation, a Pentagon spokesman said Monday.

The 550 metric tons of uranium, which was sold to a Canadian company, was moved by truck convoy to Baghdad's "Green Zone," then flown by military aircraft to a third country where it was put on a ship for Canada, said Bryan Whitman, the spokesman.

The yellow cake was discovered by US troops after the 2003 US invasion of Iraq at the Tuwaitha Nuclear Research Facility south of Baghdad, and was placed under the control of the International Atomic Energy Agency."

Dude you really need to chill out also
Allot of this information should have been made public by ABC, CBS and NBC, not just fox

How many people were murdered in the US last night?
Is there a difference?

I think the question has to be how many Americans were killed by Car-bombs last night and every night.

How many police stations were targeted with bombs yesterday in America?

Do you see the difference?

Nope
violence is violence
You state that murder is different in Iraq because we won a war over there that you were against
bottom line is violence is violence no matter if its with a car bomb o a glock,

Its the same as the president of this country and the president of Iraq as u see one of them
you See the president of Iraq as a radical, There are millions in this country that see BHO as a radical for just as good as reasons as you see the president of Iraq as a radical

Its all in you objective
mine is simple, un spun, truth
truth is both were elected by a majority and both have a past that can be spun

Murder is murder
Iran is a pimple on the ass of Texas, much less the US. Stop talking as though it is some kind of super power

Most of the violence in Iraq is politically motivated. A little violence in the US is policially motivated.

Let us not forget that we sent in the CIA to pay off sadam several times but unlike the dictators that play ball with us, he would not take a dime and refused to be bought. Yes he was a horrid dictator, but the reason he became an enemy of the United States was due to us not being able to buy him and control him. Its all just a money game, which is like pointing out that the sky is blue, but I guess when you dumb, you dumb.

At the time of the invasion of Kuwait the US had taken Iraq off the list of countries who support terrorist and put Iraq on the most favorable trading partners list. We also loaned them 4 billion dollars (which was defaulted on and which the US Taxpayer had to pay). He thought the Bush (41) administration would continue to look the other way, just like Raygun did when he used banned chemical weapons against Iran and later against the rebelious Kurds. Why else would our embassador tell him that we had no opinion about the brewing conflict between Iraq and Kuwait? It wasn't until then that he actually turned on the us.

Forum List

Back