Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

JRK, you should just tell these nasty people to go to hell...then start a new thread - and not invite them/us.

JRK, you should just tell these nasty people to go to hell...then start a new thread - and not invite them/us.

idb i dont care either way. You know being lied about is never a good thing, it tends to take every-one down a path that never ends good
Dude this childish behavior is simply because we dis agree on events that are really not that complicated
To dis agree is one thing, to slander and to attack a persons character is another. I also have yet to understand why it was so important to each of you to make total asses of your selves and without exception ignore the simplicity of the thread

There was Al Qaeda in Iraq we know now prior to us invading
There was something found over there that kept GWB from being impeached, that is very simple
I mean these are simple facts that all I did was put them out here for the public to view and you guys flipped out
I know why and I have news for you. BHO has a record he will have to try and defend. Its not about Bush anymore

I would be embarrassed if I was you, I really would. you keep thinking this is cool. I am just a middle age CM waiting on my next project, couple of kids, surfed when I was younger, cancer survivor and you act like I am some evil terrorist that, well I dont understand it enough to even try and explain it

Only JRK needs to be embarassed for acting loony.

He is in a class of his own, period, and it ain't on the top level class.

My goodness.

By Robert Burns

U.S. forces did not know the country's languages and did not make "an effective effort" to learn them, he said.

McChrystal also said that the Bush administration's decision to invade Iraq less than two years after entering Afghanistan made the Afghan effort more difficult.

"I think they were made more difficult, clearly," he said because the Iraq invasion "changed the Muslim world's view of America's effort. When we went after the Taliban in Afghanistan in 2001, there was a certain understanding that we had the ability and the right to defend ourselves and the fact that al-Qaida had been harbored by the Taliban was legitimate. I think when we made the decision to go into Iraq that was less legitimate" in the eyes of much of the Muslim world.

Iraq also diverted some military resources that could have been put to good use in Afghanistan, he said.

More: Afghanistan War: Ex-Commander Stanley McChrystal Says U.S. Started War With 'Frighteningly Simplistic' View Of Country

Brain Drain: Arabic Linguists First Chapter - 'Unfriendly Fire,' by Nathaniel Frank - NYTimes.com

By Robert Burns

U.S. forces did not know the country's languages and did not make "an effective effort" to learn them, he said.

McChrystal also said that the Bush administration's decision to invade Iraq less than two years after entering Afghanistan made the Afghan effort more difficult.

"I think they were made more difficult, clearly," he said because the Iraq invasion "changed the Muslim world's view of America's effort. When we went after the Taliban in Afghanistan in 2001, there was a certain understanding that we had the ability and the right to defend ourselves and the fact that al-Qaida had been harbored by the Taliban was legitimate. I think when we made the decision to go into Iraq that was less legitimate" in the eyes of much of the Muslim world.

Iraq also diverted some military resources that could have been put to good use in Afghanistan, he said.

More: Afghanistan War: Ex-Commander Stanley McChrystal Says U.S. Started War With 'Frighteningly Simplistic' View Of Country

Brain Drain: Arabic Linguists First Chapter - 'Unfriendly Fire,' by Nathaniel Frank - NYTimes.com

Good thing we changed course then isn't it?
Congress made that decision to attack, not GWB, he only ask

AND whats the worst item in your link was that now it seems Al Qaeda was in Iraq before we invaded
does not do your links very good in the trust dept.

According to the document Zarqawi arrived to the Sunni areas in central Iraq. This document was written by one of Al Qaeda top leaders called “Saif Al Adel”.

There were many accounts about Zarqawi presence in Iraq before the war in particular in Northern Iraq with “Ansar Al Islam” an active Al Qaeda affiliated terrorist group that was present in the Kurdish areas of Iraq long before the war started. The document also proves that Ansar Al Islam helped Al Qaeda members establish themselves in Iraq before the war started.

Al Qaeda Document: Zarqawi Came to Iraq Before The War To Prepare The Fight Against U.S

do not waste your time linking this rebuttle to out dated and mis informed intel please

Last edited:
wonder why any-one would be scared of this link being open?
any ideas Jake?

Scared? :lol:

If you wish to continue to be beaten soundly and roundly to the ground, Lee, go ahead with it.

By Robert Burns

Good thing we changed course then isn't it?
Congress made that decision to attack, not GWB, he only ask

AND whats the worst item in your link was that now it seems Al Qaeda was in Iraq before we invaded
does not do your links very good in the trust dept.

According to the document Zarqawi arrived to the Sunni areas in central Iraq. This document was written by one of Al Qaeda top leaders called “Saif Al Adel”.

There were many accounts about Zarqawi presence in Iraq before the war in particular in Northern Iraq with “Ansar Al Islam” an active Al Qaeda affiliated terrorist group that was present in the Kurdish areas of Iraq long before the war started. The document also proves that Ansar Al Islam helped Al Qaeda members establish themselves in Iraq before the war started.

Al Qaeda Document: Zarqawi Came to Iraq Before The War To Prepare The Fight Against U.S

do not waste your time linking this rebuttle to out dated and mis informed intel please

But it was a bad thing when Harry Reid suggested that if we don't change course the war is lost on the floor of the Senate.

Congress gave the President the power to decide. You should read the authorization bill sometime.

Al Queda had a cell in the Kurdish section of Iraq. That section of Iraq was being protected by the Allies.

So even though we were victorious, the decision to invade an occupy Iraq was a monumental blunder in the war on the terrorist who attacked us on 9-11.

1) REMOVE SADDAM
DONE
2) STABILIZE COUNTRY
DONE
3) HAVE A REPUBLIC BORN OF THESE EVENTS
DONE

Am missing something here?

From today's news:

"The Iraqi government is aligning itself with Iran in trying to bolster the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. Unlike several other Arab governments, al-Malaki’s Shiite-led government is not only defending al-Assad but actively joining forces with Ahmadinejad in trying to prop him up - even in the face of the brutal assault against peaceful Syrian protesters. "

Oh yeah. Big success.

1) REMOVE SADDAM
DONE
2) STABILIZE COUNTRY
DONE
3) HAVE A REPUBLIC BORN OF THESE EVENTS
DONE

Am missing something here?

From today's news:

"The Iraqi government is aligning itself with Iran in trying to bolster the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. Unlike several other Arab governments, al-Malaki’s Shiite-led government is not only defending al-Assad but actively joining forces with Ahmadinejad in trying to prop him up - even in the face of the brutal assault against peaceful Syrian protesters. "

Oh yeah. Big success.

Boy, talk about having your cake etc, etc

Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said US troops might still be able to stay in Iraq as trainers beyond a 2011 withdrawal date, even though the country's political blocs have rejected giving immunity to any American soldiers.

Maliki last week won backing from Iraq's leaders for US troops to stay on for training, but without the legal immunity demanded by Washington as part of an accord for an American military role in Iraq more than eight years after the invasion.

US troops may stay in Iraq - middle-east - world | Stuff.co.nz

Not sure what any of that has to do with what is really going on. Not sure Why the Liberals are so concerned about Iran, If Obama would have supported the recent events there that bunch of loons running that country would be gone
As far as leaving troops there? GWB put the conditions i place to have them out of there by 2012 with the Iraqi president. If Iraq decides not to support any troops left there after 2012 and we keep them there after then, do not blame any-one but Obama
The rest of it is speculation. We know Iraq is a republic for the first time in many years.
We know that the only people talking about leaving troops is Obama (wonder why)
Wall Street Journal:
Iraq Wants The U.S. Out: Prime Minister Insists All Troops Must Leave
Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki ruled out the presence of any U.S. troops in Iraq after the end of 2011, saying his new government and the country's security forces were capable of confronting any remaining threats to Iraq's security, sovereignty and unity.

You guys went from day one claims that were not true or at best 1/2 truths to now saying the reason we should not have wen is because of the ELECTED presidents ties to Iran

Good God

Not sure what any of that has to do with what is really going on. Not sure Why the Liberals are so concerned about Iran, If Obama would have supported the recent events there that bunch of loons running that country would be gone
As far as leaving troops there? GWB put the conditions i place to have them out of there by 2012 with the Iraqi president. If Iraq decides not to support any troops left there after 2012 and we keep them there after then, do not blame any-one but Obama
The rest of it is speculation. We know Iraq is a republic for the first time in many years.
We know that the only people talking about leaving troops is Obama (wonder why)
Wall Street Journal:
Iraq Wants The U.S. Out: Prime Minister Insists All Troops Must Leave
Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki ruled out the presence of any U.S. troops in Iraq after the end of 2011, saying his new government and the country's security forces were capable of confronting any remaining threats to Iraq's security, sovereignty and unity.

You guys went from day one claims that were not true or at best 1/2 truths to now saying the reason we should not have wen is because of the ELECTED presidents ties to Iran

Good God

Independent Logic posted above the piece that undermines every argument of JRK, which he ignores, of course. He has to ignore it.

From today's news:

Oh yeah. Big success.

But look at what’s going on right now. The Iraqi government is aligning itself with Iran in trying to bolster the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. Unlike several other Arab governments, al-Malaki’s Shiite-led government is not only defending al-Assad but actively joining forces with Ahmadinejad in trying to prop him up - even in the face of the brutal assault against peaceful Syrian protesters.

Is that why the United States went to war in Iraq - to see a Baghdad regime cozy up with Tehran against U.S. interests in the region?

The Bush and Obama administrations have now lost trillions of dollars and thousands of troops in both Afghanistan and Iraq. And even after all these years, the words “Mission Accomplished” seem as far away as ever.

BLITZER'S BLOG: Iraq aligns itself with America's foes – The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer - CNN.com Blogs

I'm sure we'll need to repeat this a few dozen more times for it to sink in to JRK. Then after it does sink it, he'll find a way to tell us that it's a good thing that Iraq and Iran are the best of friends.

VERY INTERESTING-

1. The Garden of Eden was in Iraq.

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq...

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq...

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq.

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq ...

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.

10. Amos cried out in Iraq.

11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem..

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq.

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the Fiery Furnace!).

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the 'writing on the wall' in Iraq.

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.

16 Ezekiel preached in Iraq.

17. The wise men were from Iraq ...

18. Peter preached in Iraq.

19. The 'Empire of Man' described in Revelation is called Babylon -- which was a city inIraq.

And you have probably seen this one: Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible.

But do you know which nation is second?

It is Iraq!

However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible.

The names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia ... The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris And Euphrates River.

The name Iraq means country with deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.

No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated

with it than Iraq.

And also, this is something to think about:

Since America is
typically represented by an eagle.
Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages.

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah;

And there was peace.

(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?!

I BETTER NOT HEAR OF ANYONE BREAKING THIS ONE OR SEE IT DELETED.

This is a ribbon for soldiers fighting in Iraq.

Pass it on to everyone and pray.

Forum List

Back