Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

The neo-cons made a mockery of everything America stands for. The personnel who were trapped with Stop Go and not allowed to exit when they were supposed to discharge. The terrible post-discharge conditions for vets. The fact that no WMDS as described by the administration were found, ever. The fact that the economy was severely damaged by costs kept off the regular budget, the fact the war was outsourced to corporations, who raped the taxpayer, And on and on and on . . .

JRK has no moral basis to speak on behalf of the vets, none.

JRK is a disgrace,

So there was no WMD, yet everyone in the world thought there was....so after 9/11 you'd just allow things to go on as normal..

oh and the UN, I bet you love it...so if they issue 17 declarations that are ignored or violated, what should we do? I'd love to ditch the UN, it's useless and the Iraq situtaion in the 90s proved it. Typical liberal crap, stop, if you dont stop....I'm gonna tell you again....at some point their has to be an ass whoopin for that to be effective, liberals dont get that.

Actually the intelligence we were provided was not 100% correct, nor 100% wrong, there where weapons found that met the criteria as a WMD
The 500 munitions discovered throughout Iraq since 2003 and discussed in a National Ground Intelligence Center report meet the criteria of weapons of mass destruction, the center's commander said here today.

"These are chemical weapons as defined under the Chemical Weapons Convention, and yes ... they do constitute weapons of mass destruction," Army Col. John Chu told the House Armed Services Committee.

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Jun2006/20060629_5547.html

The Libs attack me for this fact and I am not sure why. These weapons were useless in the condition they were found except for there pay-load and that they were a clear violation of the terms of surrender Saddam had agreed to in 1991
As stated in this data provided to congress in 2006 and should be noted the UN had claimed there was as many as 6500 of these in different states of condition
This as I asses was a clear violation

:lol: After the dozens of times you kept saying I was on ignore and now it is fun to watch you hop up and down for being told the same thing. You are going to be on ignore, ignore, ignore, when I get around to it. You will just have to hop and up and down for now.

You guys damaged our economy, wrecked our military, and screwed up the Guard and Reserve.

You have no moral right to speak for the veterans.

That should be clear enough, hmmm?

The housing collapse damaged our economy, and the Clinton administration started it and Bush continued it. Bush did try and slow nit down, but the Democrats weren't having any of it.

I am a Veteran and I agree with JRK most of the time. What do you think the purpose of having a Reserve and a National Guard is? I also served in the Guard as well as on active duty, and in the Guard we drilled once a month and two weeks in the summer to prepare to go to war if called. We got paid to do this.

The mismanaged finances of the war helped to damage the economy, and Bush and our GOP no more than the Dems tried to slow it down. I served as well, Too Tall, for 12 years active duty in combat arms. I helped to train the reserves from time to time Our Guard and Reserve were not created to go on multiple missions overseas. You are vet, so you have something to say about this. Thank you.

"The UN resolutions were in reality terms Saddam agreed to", and the USA was given no legal right to enforce them through invasion by the UN.

Jake what branch?
where did you go to boot camp?
Rank?

Jake being in the military and dis agreeing that the US does not have the right to defend itself is a contradiction
The UN has no jurisdiction over this country Jake. What about the 33 other countries that went with us?
I thought being in the military meant you were bound to defend the constitution Jake?

The neo-cons made a mockery of everything America stands for. The personnel who were trapped with Stop Go and not allowed to exit when they were supposed to discharge. The terrible post-discharge conditions for vets. The fact that no WMDS as described by the administration were found, ever. The fact that the economy was severely damaged by costs kept off the regular budget, the fact the war was outsourced to corporations, who raped the taxpayer, And on and on and on . . .

JRK has no moral basis to speak on behalf of the vets, none.

JRK is a disgrace,

So there was no WMD, yet everyone in the world thought there was....so after 9/11 you'd just allow things to go on as normal..

oh and the UN, I bet you love it...so if they issue 17 declarations that are ignored or violated, what should we do? I'd love to ditch the UN, it's useless and the Iraq situtaion in the 90s proved it. Typical liberal crap, stop, if you dont stop....I'm gonna tell you again....at some point their has to be an ass whoopin for that to be effective, liberals dont get that.

Actually the intelligence we were provided was not 100% correct, nor 100% wrong, there where weapons found that met the criteria as a WMD
The 500 munitions discovered throughout Iraq since 2003 and discussed in a National Ground Intelligence Center report meet the criteria of weapons of mass destruction, the center's commander said here today.

"These are chemical weapons as defined under the Chemical Weapons Convention, and yes ... they do constitute weapons of mass destruction," Army Col. John Chu told the House Armed Services Committee.

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Jun2006/20060629_5547.html

The Libs attack me for this fact and I am not sure why. These weapons were useless in the condition they were found except for there pay-load and that they were a clear violation of the terms of surrender Saddam had agreed to in 1991
As stated in this data provided to congress in 2006 and should be noted the UN had claimed there was as many as 6500 of these in different states of condition
This as I asses was a clear violation

I suppose that might be a good (credible) DOD link IF it worked :eusa_hand:

Don't you think it's a bit of a stretch IF these so called useless "weapons" even existed to use them to justify the bogus claims made by Rice, Rumsfeld, Cheney, and Bush about what an imminent threat Iraq was to our national security?

The invasion and occupation of Iraq by the Bush Administration was, is and will always remain a failure and a stain on our great nation. Only fools belief and liars contend that anything positive was gained by the death, destruction, deceit and near depression that was the result of Iraq fiasco.

It amazes me the liberal mind hates GWB but never mention the real terrorist
Saddam killed millions
tortured the same
OBL attacked this country for no other reason than to kill and maim

Yet the far left attacks the very people who permanently removed those people from earth. To claim the middle east is un stable because Saddam is dead, Al Qaeda has been broken, that is not reality

Saddam did rule with an iron hand. What business is it of the U.S.'s though what another leader does in his own sovereign country? Isn't that the definition of SOVEREIGNITY?

I take it you have just as little respect for the sovereignity of the United States as you do for that of other nations? You must be all for opening our borders and disbanding our military then?

It appears that with "friends" like you my nation doesn't even really need enemies does it?

BTW...There is very good reason to believe that this final justification that the Bushies finally settled on for invading Iraq (removing a brutal dictator) is ILLEGAL and a war crime under the principles of the Nuremberg Tribunal, 1950 number 82 Principle VI

a. Crimes against peace:

i. Planning, preparation, initiation or waging of a war of aggression or a war in violation of international treaties, agreements or assurances;

ii. Participation in a common plan or conspiracy for the accomplishment of any of the acts mentioned under (i).

Also OBL was not from Iraq and had no ties to Saddam Hussein. Saddam was a Ba'athist who supported the rise to power of a Sunni majority in his nation. OBL was a Saudi extremist...FAR from a Ba'athist or Sunni. Hussein actually had more in common with the U.S. than he did Bin Laden.

Finally, Osama was quite prolific in his words as to WHY he found it necessary to attack us on 9-11-2001. To me his reasons were bullshit but I'm still not stupid enough to fool myself into believing that it was just a random attack of senseless violence.

Try reading his own supposed "justification" for that tragic day and see what you think.

Understanding Terrorism: Why dies Osama bin Laden hate the USA and other Western nations?

former CIA analyst Michael Scheuer, who led the CIA's hunt for Osama bin Laden summed it up this way.

"This hatred towards the U.S. arises not from Muslims being offended by what America is, but rather from their plausible perception that the things they most love and value—God, Islam, their brethren, and Muslim lands—are being attacked by America. They hate us for what we do, not who we are."

Make of that what you will but it kinda goes beyond the simplistic reason of simply to "kill and maim" doesn't it?

This crimes thing then would include Clinton as well as BHO then?
what about the 29 Democratic Senators that voted to enforce the UN resolutions?
By the use of force?
What about the 33 other countries such as Poland (I use them because there special force groups were bad ass)?
You want all of them to be arrested?
Your kidding right?
The UN has 0 jurisdiction
Reality is a far thing away from were you are bud

The world court has 0 jurisdiction and as far as I know never officially charged any-one. Iraq lost its right to be a sovereign nation when they invaded Kuwait for no reason and agreed to terms of surrender

BTW why done you Libs have an issue with the billions the UN made in monies on Iraqi oil?

WHEN UNITED NATIONS SECRETARY GENERAL Kofi Annan quipped several years ago that he could "do business" with Saddam Hussein, he meant it figuratively. In light of the substantive charges coming out of the ever-expanding Oil-for-Food scandal, the throwaway line seems revealing or at least ironic.

"I think we have to take him literally," says Republican senator Norm Coleman, who is leading one of eight investigations into the corruption and mismanagement of the U.N.'s largest-ever humanitarian relief effort.

The basic outline of the scandal is simple: Saddam Hussein used the Oil-for-Food program to circumvent U.N. sanctions imposed after the Gulf war and to enrich himself and his allies. He did this by bribing leading journalists and diplomats and demanding kickbacks from those who profited from selling Iraqi oil. That he was able to do so indicates at least that the U.N. badly mismanaged the program it set up in December 1996. None of this is particularly astonishing. No one is surprised to learn that Saddam Hussein cheats, that politicians take bribes, and that the competence level of the U.N. bureaucracy is, well, suboptimal.

Nevertheless, the details of the Oil-for-Food scandal--who participated, and what they apparently did--are jaw-dropping. Vladimir Putin's chief of staff, Alexander Voloshin, appears to have accepted millions of dollars in oil-soaked bribes from Saddam Hussein. The same appears to be true of the former interior minister of France, Charles Pasqua, a close friend of President Jacques Chirac. And the same appears to be true of three high-ranking U.N. executives including Benon Sevan, handpicked by Kofi Annan to administer the Oil-for-Food program. Oil-for-Food money even went to terrorist organizations supported by the Iraqi regime and, according to U.S. investigators, might be funding the insurgency today.

Through seven years' worth of deals that should never have been made, compromises that should never have been struck, and concessions that should never have been granted, Oil-for-Food strengthened Saddam Hussein. What we know about all of this now is a fraction of what will eventually be uncovered. But even this limited understanding should mean an end to Kofi Annan's term as secretary general. The sad history of U.N. incompetence on Iraq generally and in the Oil-for-Food program specifically is enough to make you wonder why George W. Bush settled for John Bolton rather than, say, John Rocker to push for reform at the world body.

Saddam's Business Partners

The scandal engulfing the United Nations' oil-for-food program is not just a tale of a few sticky-fingered U.N. bureaucrats on the take. The program, which ran from 1996 to 2003, authorized at least $69 billion in Iraqi oil sales, supposedly to fund the purchase of food, medicine and other humanitarian necessities for Iraqis suffering under U.N. economic sanctions. Oil-for-food was the largest humanitarian relief operation in United Nations history.

In the event, it was thoroughly subverted and defrauded. Saddam Hussein diverted billions of dollars from the program as U.N. administrators looked the other way while skimming off some of the proceeds for themselves.

Sen. Norm Coleman, chairman of the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, estimates that Saddam raked off $6.7 billion from the oil-for-food program, plus another $13.7 billion by selling oil on the black market. Whether, as many suspect, Saddam used some of these billions to, in effect, bribe members of the U.N. Security Council to loosen sanctions and oppose any military action against Iraq remains to be determined.

Coleman, a political moderate and a former prosecutor, says Annan should resign "because the most extensive fraud in the history of the U.N. occurred on his watch."

Kofi Annan's dysfunctional United Nations | The San Diego Union-Tribune

Your spamming does not change the failure of the Iraqi war and the devastation wreaked on Iraq and Americans and tore up our military and damaged our economy.

JRK, on this, Memorial Day, you should be ashamed of speaking. This day is for vets and not the blood suckers like you who live off their sacrifices.

Last edited:
The invasion and occupation of Iraq by the Bush Administration was, is and will always remain a failure and a stain on our great nation. Only fools belief and liars contend that anything positive was gained by the death, destruction, deceit and near depression that was the result of Iraq fiasco.

You act so Liberal
Why do you Libs Lower your self to the actions of your leadership?
You dis agree, so you call this you dis agree with fools and liars?
Is that how you feel about BHO?
the 29 democratic senators that voted for the use of force to remove Saddam and enforce the UN resolutions he had ignored?
Satin? Stain?
there where 34 countries involved in that action, it was not just the US

What about the 2 million deaths Saddam was resp for?
and Al Qaeda along with Saddam loyalist and other terror groups such as Chezk Muslims, Iranians and terror groups from Pakistan as examples killed most of the civilians in Iraq

BTW there were 6 million victims of crime in this country in 2010
there where about the same number of people murdered in this country during the same time as civilians killed by those same terror groups I fore mentioned in Iraq according to wiki leaks

Your spamming does not change the failure of the Iraqi war and the devastation wreaked on Iraq and Americans and tore up our military and damaged our economy.

JRK, on this, Memorial Day, you should be ashamed of speaking. This day is for vets and not the blood suckers like you who live off their sacrifices.

Jake I told you about talking trash about me
We are done Jake
your insults and childish attacks on me have ended
This thread has over 3000 posts in it and all you have done is lied about me and spammed those lies and insults and NOT ONCE have you thanked the very people you have claimed to be one of
boot camp Jake?
rank Jake?
what branch Jake?
What division Jake?
what Platoon Jake?
commanding officer Jake?
we are done Jake, I have taken you off of ignore twice and you continue to conduct your self as though your some kind of buffoon
Your attacks on me have ended here today Jake

You act so Liberal
the 29 democratic senators that voted for the use of force to remove Saddam and enforce the UN resolutions he had ignored?
Satin? Stain?

and Al Qaeda along with Saddam loyalist and other terror groups such as Chezk Muslims, Iranians and terror groups from Pakistan as examples killed most of the civilians in Iraq

there where about the same number of people murdered in this country during the same time as civilians killed by those same terror groups I fore mentioned in Iraq according to wiki leaks

Read my post, nothing (NOTHING) but grief and loss was the result of the Iraq invasion and occupation.

Keep posting that the Iraq fiasco was anything else, and you'll keep painting yourself as a fool and a liar.

We honor our vets by calling those to account who would (and have) commit treason against the very flag they protect by sending them into harms way for reasons not even remotely related to America's national security. This is the "cause" they took an oath to defend after all. Unfortunately once the papers are signed these people....America's FINEST and BRAVEST are powerless to question or second guess the decisions of their commanders, especially the C.I.C.!

That is what we patriotic taxpaying civilians are tasked to do for them.

Others (like yourself) are perfectly content to dishonor their sacrifice in a silly political game where you refuse to question your leaders because they belong to your own political party and they demand your unflinching compliance to their dogma. So you dutifully comply regardless of how it serves our men and women in uniform.

SHAMEFULL!

Someday you may realize that the stakes in REAL life are a bit more consequential and your blind loyalty to your political party's PROPAGANDA has consequences more far reaching and bigger than just YOU?

Until then you don't need to worry about how those of us who dare question unjust wars reconcile ourselves to the sacrifices of America's brave troops.

They sacrifice so that even idiots like YOU can continue to survive and prosper in this Democratic Republic! Even though you're not really a credible participant!

Now....go figure out how you're going to sleep again tonight you LEECH!!!!! :mad:

Not this day, JRK, not on this day do you have anything to say to the veterans or about the veterans or about their sacrifices.

JRK, you can do no good. For the sake of decency, be quiet.

You act so Liberal
Satin? Stain?

Read my post, nothing (NOTHING) but grief and loss was the result of the Iraq invasion and occupation.

Keep posting that the Iraq fiasco was anything else, and you'll keep painting yourself as a fool and a liar.

Wry that is not what I ask you
Dis agreeing with policy is your right
calling those who dis agree with you liar, fools is childish

I have not posted 1 lie and I for one do not believe removing Saddam, re moving Al Qaeda from Iraq as well as other terror organisations was not foolish
Saddam killed millions
Al Qaeda was there before we invaded building there forces, this has been confirmed in the last 2 years
Saddam was paying terrorist to kill Jews in Israel
Saddam ignored the terms of surrender HE agreed to in 1991

These are facts

You think Saddam should have been allowed to continue and Al Qaeda been allowed to build up its forces in Iraq, you have that right (why?) but that does not give you the right to attack the people who think this world is a much better place without those terrorist

It amazes me that Saddam killing millions was okay, AL Qaeda killing Iraqis along with Saddam loyalist, Iranians and other terror groups such as Chezk Muslims is your right, but to attack me (us) as though we caused all of this is fantasy

JRK has completely fallen flat, because he keeps posting the same failed crap,

JRK, don't dishonor the veterans with your vileness here, not today, not on this day,

You are finished here.

You act so Liberal
Satin? Stain?

Wry that is not what I ask you
Dis agreeing with policy is your right
calling those who dis agree with you liar, fools is childish

I have not posted 1 lie and I for one do not believe removing Saddam, re moving Al Qaeda from Iraq as well as other terror organisations was not foolish
Saddam killed millions
Al Qaeda was there before we invaded building there forces, this has been confirmed in the last 2 years
Saddam was paying terrorist to kill Jews in Israel
Saddam ignored the terms of surrender HE agreed to in 1991

These are facts

You think Saddam should have been allowed to continue and Al Qaeda been allowed to build up its forces in Iraq, you have that right (why?) but that does not give you the right to attack the people who think this world is a much better place without those terrorist

It amazes me that Saddam killing millions was okay, AL Qaeda killing Iraqis along with Saddam loyalist, Iranians and other terror groups such as Chezk Muslims is your right, but to attack me (us) as though we caused all of this is fantasy

I simply answered your question. The facts are on my side, nothing was gained by the invasion and occupation of Iraq. The removal and subsequent death of Saddam is not and never will be worth the lives of our men and women killed and wounded over there.

Dooshes like JRK live off the blood and sacrifices of the military and the anguish of their families.

We honor our vets by calling those to account who would (and have) commit treason against the very flag they protect by sending them into harms way for reasons not even remotely related to America's national security. This is the "cause" they took an oath to defend after all. Unfortunately once the papers are signed these people....America's FINEST and BRAVEST are powerless to question or second guess the decisions of their commanders, especially the C.I.C.!

That is what we patriotic taxpaying civilians are tasked to do for them.

Others (like yourself) are perfectly content to dishonor their sacrifice in a silly political game where you refuse to question your leaders because they belong to your own political party and they demand your unflinching compliance to their dogma. So you dutifully comply regardless of how it serves our men and women in uniform.

SHAMEFULL!

Someday you may realize that the stakes in REAL life are a bit more consequential and your blind loyalty to your political party's PROPAGANDA has consequences more far reaching and bigger than just YOU?

Until then you don't need to worry about how those of us who dare question unjust wars reconcile ourselves to the sacrifices of America's brave troops.

They sacrifice so that even idiots like YOU can continue to survive and prosper in this Democratic Republic! Even though you're not really a credible participant!

Now....go figure out how you're going to sleep again tonight you LEECH!!!!! :mad:

Leech? Idiot?
name calling is childish and has no place in my life
that would be strike one

Let me ask you a simple question when it comes to the troops you use the word unjust, treason, so-on
Why did they continue to volunteer after 3/2003?
There is no game in this manner nor is there nothing silly about Saddam, Al Qaeda and the 33 other countries that were in Iraq doing the same we were

You have allot of anger about events that does not include any towards the real terrorist
Saddam
Al Qaeda
Hezbollah
Iranians
Chezks

All of these where in Iraq, Al Qaeda before we invaded
You got a problem with removing the people behind 9-11?
BHO did not

Former CIA director George Tenet reveals in his own autobiography, At the Center of the Storm, some of the intelligence that backed up Powell’s presentation. More than one dozen other al Qaeda terrorists had joined Zarqawi in Baghdad. One of them was an Egyptian known as Abu Ayyub al Masri, who had served Osama bin Laden’s deputy, Ayman al Zawahiri, since the 1980s. After Zarqawi was killed in 2006, al Masri took his place as the leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq. Al Masri himself was killed earlier this year, and his widow confirmed that they had moved to central Baghdad in 2002.
Blair’s testimony directly contradicts the Democrats. Still, in the British manner, he continues to understate the case.

Intelligence compiled by American officials, as well as the testimony of known al Qaeda associates, confirms that al Qaeda established a significant presence in Iraq prior to March 2003. The evidence that al Qaeda was in Iraq before the war is simply overwhelming. And it helps to explain why the insurgency became so lethal.

Even though Blair says it “later emerged” that Zarqawi had set up shop in Iraq in 2002, this connection was actually a formal part of the American case for war. Secretary of State Colin Powell included a section on Zarqawi’s network in Iraq in his February 5, 2003, presentation before the United Nations.

My reasons for supporting this event has facts as my reason why
It amazes me that most all troops had no issue going there and doing it is what they did and you feel its your place to speak for them
I find that very dis respectful

:lol: After the dozens of times you kept saying I was on ignore and now it is fun to watch you hop up and down for being told the same thing. You are going to be on ignore, ignore, ignore, when I get around to it. You will just have to hop and up and down for now.

You guys damaged our economy, wrecked our military, and screwed up the Guard and Reserve.

You have no moral right to speak for the veterans.

That should be clear enough, hmmm?

The housing collapse damaged our economy, and the Clinton administration started it and Bush continued it. Bush did try and slow nit down, but the Democrats weren't having any of it.

I am a Veteran and I agree with JRK most of the time. What do you think the purpose of having a Reserve and a National Guard is? I also served in the Guard as well as on active duty, and in the Guard we drilled once a month and two weeks in the summer to prepare to go to war if called. We got paid to do this.

The mismanaged finances of the war helped to damage the economy, and Bush and our GOP no more than the Dems tried to slow it down. I served as well, Too Tall, for 12 years active duty in combat arms. I helped to train the reserves from time to time Our Guard and Reserve were not created to go on multiple missions overseas. You are vet, so you have something to say about this. Thank you.

"The UN resolutions were in reality terms Saddam agreed to", and the USA was given no legal right to enforce them through invasion by the UN.

Thanks for your service. I still believe that the war(s) did a lot less damage to the economy than the housing collapse. Some will say that the war was good for the economy. Lots of jobs were created in the Defense industry.

And, our Guard and Reserve were created to go to war when activated. Nothing says it would be for 6 months or longer. I remember reading about WWII where the draft was for 'the duration and a year.' Even Vietnam was a one year deployment. And many went back for 3 or 4 tours.

The US doesn't need UN legal rights to do what is in the best interest of the US. Very little that comes out of the UN favors the US if you haven't noticed.

The housing collapse and the the war worked together to damage the economy.

Please do not mistake conscription with the Guard and Reserve. The Guard and Reserve were created for emergencies, local and regional and international, but not to the extent that the personnel were envisioned to serve two and more tours overseas over a period of years. As an aside: a voluntary no-draft force gives the President a private military to do with as he pleases with little restraint by a Congress dominated by his own Party.

The neo-cons should not make false claims that they are upholding UN resolutions, when in fact the US was failing in neo-con attempts to remake the ME into an America friendly zone. The fact is this: the US is not immune to international law. Why do you think senior Bushies almost never travel to western Europe?

The Iraqi invasion will continue to develop in the American narrative as the worst-to-date of all our foreign policy initiatives.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back