Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

1) REMOVE SADDAM
DONE
2) STABILIZE COUNTRY
DONE
3) HAVE A REPUBLIC BORN OF THESE EVENTS
DONE

Am missing something here?

Yeah, you're missing what should have been #1: We never should have been thereto begin with. Glad I could help you. Have a nice day.

Yeah, you're missing what should have been #1: We never should have been thereto begin with.

Yeah, it diverts resources from Libya and Dear Leader's great quest of liberation.....

It's good we have Zombies like you - indeed....

So, what you're saying is, a war that the previous president started 10 years ago is under criticism from the left because it diverts money from the current rebellion in Libya, which involves no US troops? Good to know we have geniuses like you to put things in perspective. :lol::lol::lol: What a maroon.

So, what you're saying is, a war that the previous president started 10 years ago is under criticism from the left because it diverts money from the current rebellion in Libya,

No, what I'm doing is highlighting the irony of your reeking hypocrisy.

How am I being hypocritical? And before you say that I'm against the war in Iraq, therefore it's hypocritical for me to support the Libyan rebellion - They are two different animals; one was a full blown war against a country that posed no threat to the US; the other is a rebellion by the people of Libya, which involved no US troops, and had other NATO nations, particularly France, overseeing the majority of air support missions. So, again, how am I being hypocritical?

It's funny.

People who claim to be savvy businessmen all of a sudden think the best way to make a profit is to flood the market with your product.

:lol:

Because we're STILL THERE.
COMMIE!

We're still in Germany.
We're still in Japan.
We're still in Mexico...oops...they're next.

Anyway...stop hating and hand over your Social Security.

Germany, Japan and Mexico, ALSO examples of failures of American foreign policy.

And that is especially surprising as in the cases of Japan and Germany, they started out as successful foreign policies.

AS to Social Security?

It turned out that I was one of its big winners.

NOt that I am especially happy with that winning, since it demanded that my life and health had to disintegrate before I could start winning the SSD game.

But I am thankful to this nation for giving me and my family the support we needed when we needed it.

And, as an added bonus, thanks to my illness I found the time to create CBO: the Rosetta Project.

On balance, I suspect that my overall contributions to this society and the world's commweal are actually greater than they were had I continued to teach or work as a computer consultant for Apple.

The irony of that weird fact often amuses me.

My life happened while I was planning other things.
I hope you haven't given up on those other things you were planning.
At some point this economy is going to scream loudly enough to focus US attention spans the same way 911 did; however, this time the effects will last far longer than one week.
When that happens, we will all discover just how completely the computer has changed human existence.
On balance, I don't get the impression your overall contributions to society are tapped out.
Keep planning. (CBO: the Rosetta Project??)

Bullshit

"Having looked at all of the evidence that was available to us, we find it impossible to confirm the State Department's claim that gas was used in this instance. To begin with there were never any victims produced. International relief organizations who examined the Kurds -- in Turkey where they had gone for asylum -- failed to discover any. Nor were there ever any found inside Iraq. The claim rests solely on testimony of the Kurds who had crossed the border into Turkey, where they were interviewed by staffers of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee."

STEPHEN C. PELLETIERE
US Army War College
CIA analyst

US Army War College: NO PROOF SADDAM GASSED THE KURDS!

Did your link say no victims?

The next morning Iraqi bombers appeared out of a clear blue sky. The people of Halabja were used to the successive attacks and counter-attacks of the Iraq-Iran war that had ravaged the region since September 1980. They thought they were in for the usual reprisal raid.e

Iranians were involved in a war against Iraq, so they are not impartial.

So you're saying there were victims?

The public record shows that Saddam's regime repeatedly spread poisonous gases on Kurdish villages in 1987 and 1988 in an attempt to put down a persistent rebellion.

The biggest such attack was against Halabja in March 1988. According to local organizations providing relief to the survivors, some 6,800 Kurds were killed, the vast majority of them civilians.

It is a good thing that Bush has highlighted these atrocities by a regime that is more brutal than most. Yet it is cynical to use them as a justification for American plans to terminate the regime. By any measure, the American record on Halabja is shameful.

Analysis of thousands of captured Iraqi secret police documents and declassified U.S. government documents, as well as interviews with scores of Kurdish survivors, senior Iraqi defectors and retired U.S. intelligence officers, show (1) that Iraq carried out the attack on Halabja, and (2) that the United States, fully aware it was Iraq, accused Iran, Iraq's enemy in a fierce war, of being partly responsible for the attack. The State Department instructed its diplomats to say that Iran was partly to blame.

Halabja - America didn't seem to mind poison gas - NYTimes.com

Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejph4LBdmmc]WMD LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld etc. - THE ULTIMATE CLIP - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtPBTybQ9k]The Hunt For Bin Laden - YouTube[/ame]

pinkhawks.jpg

Last edited:
You got it backwards, shitforbrains. If you are so fucking ignorant STFU until you have some fucking idea what the fuck you are talking about.

Let me re-state the facts.

The administration ADMITTED that it was using CIA agents as UN inspectors. Links were provided.

Congressional Investigators , led by Mr Pelletier, found no evidence that Kurds have been gassed.

So what are you relying upon for your assertions?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yep, you are that ignorant.

Ron Paul?..........I guess we shouldn't be surprised of your ignorance.

After all, he attracts the loons like flies to shit.

Oh I don't know. That is the exact rational the Administration used at the time. So are you calling them ignorant?

No. Post WWII policy has been a failure. We should be out of Europe and Japan, now.

So you are openly saying that the Marshall plan failed?
So you're saying the Marshall Plan was an act of "unimaginable benevolence?"

"WHO PAYS Halliburton and Bechtel?

"The U.S. taxpayer. The military system that bombed Iraq destroyed it. Who paid for that? The same taxpayers. So first you destroy Iraq, then you rebuild it. It’s a transfer of wealth from the general population to narrow sectors of the population.

"Even if you look at the famous Marshall Plan, that’s pretty much what it was. It’s talked about as an act of 'unimaginable benevolence.' But whose benevolence? It’s the benevolence of the American taxpayer. Of the $13 billion of Marshall Plan aid, about $2 billion went right to the U.S. oil companies.

"That was part of the effort to shift Europe from a coal-based to an oil-based economy, and parts of it would be more dependent on the United States. It had plenty of coal. It didn’t have oil. So there’s two billion of the 13.

"You look at the rest of it, very little of that money left the United States. It goes from one pocket to another. If you look more closely, the Marshall Plan aid to France just about covered the costs of the French effort to reconquer Indochina.

"So the U.S. taxpayer wasn’t rebuilding France.

"They were paying the French to buy American weapons to crush the Indochinese.

"Partially the same was true about the Marshall Plan aid to Holland, in the early stage, and what it was doing in Indonesia. It’s a complex flow of aid and benefits."

Telling the Truth about Imperialism, Noam Chomsky interviewed by David Barsamian

In another interview Chomsky makes the claim the transfer of wealth from the US taxpayer to the Marshall Plan nearly equaled Europe's capital flight to New York banks at the end of WWII.

Rich Europeans, some of whom collaborated with Hitler, sent their millions to Wall Street, and US taxpayers funded the "rebuilding of Europe".

Last edited:
Oh, and when you're calculating the cost of the Iraq war, don't forget,

it started in 1991.

your joking right?
well its good thing we put an end to it huh

The war started in 1991, for no good reason we invaded Iraq then; it was temporarily halted by a ceasefire, then resumed, for no good reason, in 2003.

So, yes the cost of the Iraq war starts in 1991.

That should include btw the cost to us of 9/11, since 9/11 was a consequence of our unnecessary meddling in Middle East affairs that put troops in Saudi Arabia.

No good reason? What? Of course he had a good reason. I know I know you're probably expecting something with dead babies and incubaters an the suprise attact from the rising next Hitler, but no.

With the Cold War over the military was faced with major cuts. Now after 20 years, not so much..........had to have an enemy to continue and expand the military. Well okay, for me that's not a good reason, but for him it was. He represented the MIC very well.

Forum List

Back