Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

The war started in 1991, for no good reason we invaded Iraq then.

You really don't remember the causes of the first Gulf War? Really? How old are you?

Was it because during 1989-1990 Kuwait was overproducing and driving down the price of oil? Or perhaps their refusal to allow Iraq access to the Persian Gulf?

Perhaps the U.S. government actually sought a pretext for a military intervention in the Middle East and made a secret agreement with the monarch of Kuwait to come to their aid, even though no formal agreement between the two contries existed at the time.....

How am I being hypocritical?

Gee, I dunno.....

Unprovoked war in Iraq - BAD

Unprovoked war in Libya - GOOD

It's a conundrum....

First of all, the REBELLION in Libya was not unprovoked. And we're not at war with Libya. NATO is helping the rebels with air support. Big difference. Second, I never said that I support any unprovoked war. Is there anything else you'd like to pretend that I said? Just let me know and I'll do my best to address the imagined conversation we've had in your head.

It is hard to understand the Lefts Double Standard here.

They think it is ok to us US Forces when there is only Humanitarian Reasons and not even a perceived threat to us Security, and have no problem tossing a Dictator out with no plan, or way, to make sure the replacement is not worse. In Libya.

Yet they can find no Humanitarian Reasons for liking Saddam being Removed, They Ignore that Saddam definitely Posed a bigger threat to our Interests, and Do not like that we stayed 8 Years to at least try and assure the Government we left in place was not worse than the one we removed.

We have no idea what we just did in Libya, and before you say it wasn't us it was NATO let me just say.

1. We are NATO, we contribute well over half their Budget, US commanders hold High Positions at every level, and Just because a US plane is flying under a NATO flag does not mean the President can pretend we not involved.

2. we did the Lions share of the Heavy lifting that paved the way for our Allies in the latter stages. In any Military Action like the one in Libya it is the first people in that are at the most risk. We used our Capabilities to take out their Air, and Anti Air Forces. It was our Pilots taking the most Risk, and through the NATO Budget it was and has been mostly US money funding it all.

How can anyone rectify thinking Iraq was a terrible Idea and a failure. Yet now believe Libya was a good idea and a success.

Who in the hell is going to end up in control? Is this going to be like Iran when the Sha Fell? Is the next Islamic Theocracy being Born. Thanks to our help?

But the truth is, all we know for certain is that Kurds were bombarded with poison gas that day at Halabja. We cannot say with any certainty that Iraqi chemical weapons killed the Kurds. This is not the only distortion in the Halabja story.

Ohhh, let me guess, it was DA JOOOOOZZZZ, right? They went over, dropped poison gas on the Kurds so that they could harvest their blood for Matzo, and then blamed it all of poor, innocent Saddam...

Am I right?
LMAO!

Tariq Aziz fully admitted they gassed the Kurds.
........But don't let that stop the conspiracy loons!

In your fucking dreams

"Since surrendering to American forces on April 24, 2003, Aziz has been held in prison, first by American forces and subsequently by the Iraqi government. He is currently in prison in Camp Cropper in western Baghdad.[3] He was acquitted of some charges on March 1, 2009 following a trial, but was sentenced to 15 years on March 11, 2009 for the executions of 42 merchants found guilty of profiteering in 1992 and another 7 years for relocating Kurds.

Tariq Aziz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How am I being hypocritical?

Gee, I dunno.....

It's a conundrum....

First of all, the REBELLION in Libya was not unprovoked. And we're not at war with Libya. NATO is helping the rebels with air support. Big difference. Second, I never said that I support any unprovoked war. Is there anything else you'd like to pretend that I said? Just let me know and I'll do my best to address the imagined conversation we've had in your head.

So you admit by Killing his own Citizens Gaddafi Provoked a war? Then how can you be against Iraq? Not only did Saddam Kill and Gas his own people, He was actively attempting to shoot down our Planes enforcing a UN MANDATED no fly zone.

If Libya wasn't an Unprovoked Military Action, then Neither was Iraq.

PERIOD!

Did your link say no victims?

The next morning Iraqi bombers appeared out of a clear blue sky. The people of Halabja were used to the successive attacks and counter-attacks of the Iraq-Iran war that had ravaged the region since September 1980. They thought they were in for the usual reprisal raid.e

Iranians were involved in a war against Iraq, so they are not impartial.

So you're saying there were victims?

The public record shows that Saddam's regime repeatedly spread poisonous gases on Kurdish villages in 1987 and 1988 in an attempt to put down a persistent rebellion.

A LINK to the "public record"

Let me clarify , I don't want a link to some stating what the public record says , I want to VIEW the public record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee, I dunno.....

It's a conundrum....

So you admit by Killing his own Citizens Gaddafi Provoked a war? Then how can you be against Iraq? Not only did Saddam Kill and Gas his own people, He was actively attempting to shoot down our Planes enforcing a UN MANDATED no fly zone.

PERIOD!

Iraq did all that stuff years..years..before they were invaded.

They were pretty much pacified when Bush decided to knock over that country.

Iranians were involved in a war against Iraq, so they are not impartial.

So you're saying there were victims?

The public record shows that Saddam's regime repeatedly spread poisonous gases on Kurdish villages in 1987 and 1988 in an attempt to put down a persistent rebellion.

A LINK to the "public record"

Let me clarify , I don't want a link to some stating what the public record says , I want to VIEW the public record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with that. Microfiche Sets

PERIOD!

Iraq did all that stuff years..years..before they were invaded.

They were pretty much pacified when Bush decided to knock over that country.

Pacified? Lol tell that to the Kurds and Shite that Saddam was still oppressing and yes killing even in 2003. Pretty Much pacified? that is funny.

And he was still Shooting at US planes just Months before we invaded. Planes enforcing a UN no fly zone put up to STOP HIM from killing his own people.

You guys are hilarious to watch trying to rectify your Support for 1 but not the Other. It's a real treat to watch for sure.

1) REMOVE SADDAM
DONE
2) STABILIZE COUNTRY
DONE
3) HAVE A REPUBLIC BORN OF THESE EVENTS
DONE

Am missing something here?

rational thought springs to mind.

there was no reason to go to iraq, not counting GWB's enuresis as a child.

it was and is a tremendous waste of blood and treasure for nothing

your joking right?
well its good thing we put an end to it huh

The war started in 1991, for no good reason we invaded Iraq then; it was temporarily halted by a ceasefire, then resumed, for no good reason, in 2003.

So, yes the cost of the Iraq war starts in 1991.

That should include btw the cost to us of 9/11, since 9/11 was a consequence of our unnecessary meddling in Middle East affairs that put troops in Saudi Arabia.

No good reason? What? Of course he had a good reason. I know I know you're probably expecting something with dead babies and incubaters an the suprise attact from the rising next Hitler, but no.

With the Cold War over the military was faced with major cuts. Now after 20 years, not so much..........had to have an enemy to continue and expand the military. Well okay, for me that's not a good reason, but for him it was. He represented the MIC very well.

Yes I've contemplated that curious 'coincidence' myself. Berlin Wall falls down, and barely has the dust settled, and Saddam Hussein is wearing a new crown,

King of the new Evil Empire.

The two lies I am talking about today are that the old chemical warheads represent the WMD claims the Bush admistration made before the invasion, and that stablizing Iraqis oil production was ever part of the Bush's war rational presented to the people.
It's all in Sadaam's confession..........All he had to do was come clean. He himself chose to continue his charade. Chose to repeatedly kick the inspectors out. Repeatedly fire on our planes. Repeatedly rattle his sword.

And, it was chemical weapons that he used on his own people....So yes, there was every reason to believe he still had them, and would use them if necessary.

HUH?

Do you ever research anything?

What "inspectors"?

What chemicals against his own people?

Excuse me, but (1) What W.J. described is exactly as the news was reported. Don't you remember? (2) The UN Inspectors are the "inspectors," and it was well documented Saddam didn't cooperate with them and was cited 54 times officially at the UN for multiple violations of International Law. (3) The chemicals he used on 30 villages of Kurdish Iraqis was known to be a substance more potent than sarin poison. Saddam was like a Hitler on steroids. He murdered conservatively 1.5 million people--.9 million Iranians, half of whom were under 15 years old; the rest were assorted neighbors he declared war on over 25 years, and at least .4 million in his own country. Our men in Iraq were charged with uncovering gruesome mass gravesites in the above-mentioned villages in Iraq, and documented at Centcom years ago. I read all that stuff. Where ya been all yer life, o charming one? :eek:

Last edited:
Does anyone really want to make an argument that Saddam deserved to continue to rule Iraq?
How about the fact that his even crazier sons will never rule Iraq?

Not really an argument for keeping Saddam. He had to die sometime, letting his sons take over.

It was far better that we put all three of them in the ground.
It isn't an argument for keeping Sadaam........It was just another reason for jusifying going in there and ending the problem once and for all......'cause Sadaam was batshit crazy, but his sons were even crazier.

Last edited:
Yeah, you're missing what should have been #1: We never should have been thereto begin with.

Yeah, it diverts resources from Libya and Dear Leader's great quest of liberation.....

It's good we have Zombies like you - indeed....

So, what you're saying is, a war that the previous president started 10 years ago is under criticism from the left because it diverts money from the current rebellion in Libya, which involves no US troops? Good to know we have geniuses like you to put things in perspective. :lol::lol::lol: What a maroon.
879 million dollars to this point. And for what?........We have no idea who these rebels are........We have no idea if we just handed the Jihadi's their own country with rich oil prospects to help fund their war against us.

Good job Obama!.......Dumbass.

The one in four Iraqis who have died, been maimed or displaced from their homes or incarcerated since March 2003.

How do you justify killing thousands of innocent human beings for money?

I am not sure your numbers are accurate
Iraq Body Count project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would say this one is which is 156,000 total deaths
from 03-11
A.Ps is less
WikiLeaks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Justify?
This world changed 9-11-2001
Saddam was told weeks later what to do or else
the man was given 18 months

There was nothing to justify the invasion and conquering of Iraq. It was and will remain one of the great war crimes of the twenty first century.

Pretty strong statement considering a bunch of Dems like Sen.Hillary Clinton and Sen.John Kerry voted for it...:eusa_shhh:

Right, they're all AlQaeda, and the USA slaughtered women and children. Turn off the BS.
You don't even have a clue as to the make-up of the Lybian population.

Much like Afghanistan, it's completely made up of tribes..........There is a very real chance we will be going in there, boots on the ground in the future.

It wasn't our fight. We had no business sticking our noses and resources into it.

Forum List

Back