Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

There is no UNSC resolution authorizing the use of force against Iraq in 2003. The US invasion violates the UN Charter. SCR 1441 was accepted by the other permanment members of the SC because the only course of action it prescribed if Saddam interfered with the weapons inspector was to reconviene to determine what course of action to take. SCR 1441 superceeds all other resolution on the matter.

You're pretty sure the United Nations runs the USA now, huh?

Would it surprise you to learn that the USA actually HASN'T rescinded her sovereignty and that the hated-by-the-left document of the US Constitution is still considered the law of the land by a few, benighted peasants?

The USA waged an illegal war under international law, Uncensored. Why do you think the senior bushies don't travel to Europe. They don't want to spend the rest of their lives in The Hague's prision for war criminals.

We are subject to the laws of war the same as everyone else.

No one suggest getting of SH was bad. The point is: matters are now worse.

You ever talk with any Iraqis who lived under saddam's regime?
How quickly they forget the massive amounts of Iraqi people dancing in the streets when they fully understood Sadaam's power was forever gone......And they sure don't want to remember the visions of the Iraqi people reacting to the unearthing of their relatives in all the mass graves that were discovered and uncovered.

But then, they're just Iraqi's, so who cares?

Correct, they're "just" Iraqis, why am I responsible for their well-being as a US taxpayer?

Again, that sounds awfully ilberal to me.

The fact remains, Uncensored, that we played the Iraqis against the Iranians. Reagan's permitting the Iran-Contra affair to play out had many unfortunate sides to it, one being so many officer and NCOs left the military services rather than serve a cic that would permit shenanigans such as that. Ronnie was such a loser in so many ways.

We didn't want either side to win. We helped Hussein enough to keep him from being overrun by the Iranians but not enough to win. That isn't playing them off each other.

I think we should have stayed out of it. I'm for leaving the middle east entirely. But you're re-writing history to serve your arguments, not the truth.

The Iraq War was NOT "illegal" no matter how many hysterical lefties screech about it.

The fact remains, Uncensored, that we played the Iraqis against the Iranians. Reagan's permitting the Iran-Contra affair to play out had many unfortunate sides to it, one being so many officer and NCOs left the military services rather than serve a cic that would permit shenanigans such as that. Ronnie was such a loser in so many ways.

We didn't want either side to win. We helped Hussein enough to keep him from being overrun by the Iranians but not enough to win. That isn't playing them off each other.

I think we should have stayed out of it. I'm for leaving the middle east entirely. But you're re-writing history to serve your arguments, not the truth.

Nonsense, I am telling the truth of it.

God but you're full of shit. Even for a mindless KOS Kiddie, you are just full of utter bullshit.

Played the Iraqis and Iranians against each other? Well damn, what a concept...

Iran-Contra caused NCO's to quit?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

What a fucking loon you are. Even for a partisan moron, you are a whackjob.

You are such a loon, Uncensored, and we are grateful for your entertainment here. The fact remains that while playing them off against each other the cic played potentially his troops off agaisnt the enemy. Thaty is why so many left the service when the could.

God but you're full of shit. Even for a mindless KOS Kiddie, you are just full of utter bullshit.

Played the Iraqis and Iranians against each other? Well damn, what a concept...

Iran-Contra caused NCO's to quit?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

What a fucking loon you are. Even for a partisan moron, you are a whackjob.

I could not help but notice that you could not even attempt to disprove what Jake said.

You are so full shit, I can smell you from here.

Seriously, the shit you are posting is utterly fucking ridiculous.

Lay off the damn booze, and get off the the damn far left sites you obvioulsy frequent.

You are such a loon, Uncensored, and we are grateful for your entertainment here. The fact remains that while playing them off against each other the cic played potentially his troops off agaisnt the enemy. Thaty is why so many left the service when the could.

Nope, he played one enemy off of another enemy.

It's a brand new idea that an unknown amateur at strategy, a guy named Sun Tzu talks about in his book...

Go back to watching Olbermoron now....

I could not help but notice that you could not even attempt to disprove what Jake said.

Jake is a fucking moron who thinks his partisanship relieves him of the need to think or offer rational arguments.

No, I'm not going to "disprove" stupid fuck claims like "Reagan caused the NCO's to quit." It's utter idiocy that only other stupid fucks at KOS or HuffingPo would pay attention to.

Jake is a fucking moron who thinks his partisanship relieves him of the need to think or offer rational arguments.

No, I'm not going to "disprove" stupid fuck claims like "Reagan caused the NCO's to quit." It's utter idiocy that only other stupid fucks at KOS or HuffingPo would pay attention to.
I was active duty at that time.......He's so full o' shit, he stinks.

So it's Dubya's fault that France, Briton and Germany sold supplies to Iraq, right?

(Fuck, not being able to back quote really mangles the thread!)

Nope never said it was.

That's right, it was Reagan's fault!

You know, Saddam kept his mustache trimmed with a razor made by Wilkerson, further proof that Reagan is responsible for gassing the Kurds.

I mean, Wilkerson is made in Great Britain. Reagan RODE in a Bell Helicopter, more than once. AND he went to England which is actually IN Britain! Obviously Reagan gassed the Kurds!

Again with the hyperbole, but it still fall upon Raygun for taking Iraq off the nations who support terrorist list. Without that Saddam get no advance weapons. Probably get assassinated.

There is no UNSC resolution authorizing the use of force against Iraq in 2003. The US invasion violates the UN Charter. SCR 1441 was accepted by the other permanment members of the SC because the only course of action it prescribed if Saddam interfered with the weapons inspector was to reconviene to determine what course of action to take. SCR 1441 superceeds all other resolution on the matter.

You're pretty sure the United Nations runs the USA now, huh?

Would it surprise you to learn that the USA actually HASN'T rescinded her sovereignty and that the hated-by-the-left document of the US Constitution is still considered the law of the land by a few, benighted peasants?

You're pretty stupid if you think that. The above answer was in response to a poster who claimed the war was sanctioned by the UN. It wasn't.

The USA is one of the original members. President Bush (41) said:

"we had been self-consciously trying to set a pattern for handling aggression in the post-cold war world. Going in and occupying Iraq, thus unilaterally exceeding the U.N.'s mandate, would have destroyed the precedent of international response to aggression we hoped to establish. Had we gone the invasion route, the U.S. could conceivably still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land. It would have been a dramatically different--and perhaps barren--outcome."

Then Junior came along and destroyed it.

That's history.

Nope, he played one enemy off of another enemy.

It's a brand new idea that an unknown amateur at strategy, a guy named Sun Tzu talks about in his book...

Go back to watching Olbermoron now....

Actually it's called war profiteering. Sell to both sides during a conflict. We are still living with the results of that treasonous bastards decisions, um, er, well lack thereof.......

Nope never said it was.

That's right, it was Reagan's fault!

You know, Saddam kept his mustache trimmed with a razor made by Wilkerson, further proof that Reagan is responsible for gassing the Kurds.

I mean, Wilkerson is made in Great Britain. Reagan RODE in a Bell Helicopter, more than once. AND he went to England which is actually IN Britain! Obviously Reagan gassed the Kurds!

Again with the hyperbole, but it still fall upon Raygun for taking Iraq off the nations who support terrorist list. Without that Saddam get no advance weapons. Probably get assassinated.

Right, because Obama knows that when Iraq was put on Embargo after it invaded Kuwait, NO ONE was buying oil or defrauding the "Oil for Food" program, certainly not France and Russia. If only Reagan had kept Iraq on the list, then Saddam would have loved puppies and made the Mullahs in Iran turn to San Francisco style Hippyism.....

You're pretty stupid if you think that. The above answer was in response to a poster who claimed the war was sanctioned by the UN. It wasn't.

Actually, what was said was that the war with Iraq was not "illegal." What determines legality for actions by the USA is the US Constitution, as much as that might distress you.

The USA is one of the original members. President Bush (41) said:

"we had been self-consciously trying to set a pattern for handling aggression in the post-cold war world. Going in and occupying Iraq, thus unilaterally exceeding the U.N.'s mandate, would have destroyed the precedent of international response to aggression we hoped to establish. Had we gone the invasion route, the U.S. could conceivably still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land. It would have been a dramatically different--and perhaps barren--outcome."

Then Junior came along and destroyed it.

That's history.

That's life.

Doesn't make the war in Iraq, approved of by the US Congress, an "illegal war."

Forum List

Back