🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why would Disney construct a manmade beach, where gators roam, for kids

The horriffic event probably wouldn't of happened with locals being we are very aware of alligators in our lakes/ponds. we heard enough stories of alligators, like a bat out of hell grabbing on to any living thing by the waters edge. but not on golf courses.
Giant alligator panics golfers as it ambles across course in Florida On golf courses too
yah , I saw that, I just assumed that the alligator must of had access to lots of fast food

what kind of moron would let their kids swim in this water?

750x-1.jpg

Gross.

Like most things Disney, it's not a real beach, it's a theatrical prop...a place for weddings, gatherings, etc., to be held on the stereotypical sand, but not for swimming.

I mean, that resort has like 3 pools, including one that's a freshwater beach with crystal clear water. Why would the parents choose this body of water over the one that was constructed for the express purpose of swimming?

They apparently show movies at night at this beach, that is what the parents were doing. They are also from Nebraska where I believe the threat of alligators is very low. They were not swimming they were wading.

I believe I read where there have only been 23 fatal alligator attacks in 100 years. So the risk seemed low as with anything people take precautions. The boy could have easily been standing next to the water and the alligator might have still taken him. I guess the bottom line is to use more caution than seems required. I know when I was at Disneyworld we stayed in the camping part and I was always concerned about the critters and my young ones.

750x-1.jpg

Gross.

Like most things Disney, it's not a real beach, it's a theatrical prop...a place for weddings, gatherings, etc., to be held on the stereotypical sand, but not for swimming.

I mean, that resort has like 3 pools, including one that's a freshwater beach with crystal clear water. Why would the parents choose this body of water over the one that was constructed for the express purpose of swimming?

They apparently show movies at night at this beach, that is what the parents were doing. They are also from Nebraska where I believe the threat of alligators is very low. They were not swimming they were wading.

I believe I read where there have only been 23 fatal alligator attacks in 100 years. So the risk seemed low as with anything people take precautions. The boy could have easily been standing next to the water and the alligator might have still taken him. I guess the bottom line is to use more caution than seems required. I know when I was at Disneyworld we stayed in the camping part and I was always concerned about the critters and my young ones.
i think this is the second time i heard of a story like this, not sure, i think the other time was a little girl that was only walking near a lake. so, there were no signs anywhere warning of alligators?

what happened in Orlando is just like when people get a little too curious in the Alaska forest. Oh yah, look,look at the bear! I got to get much closer to get a better look!, and often they dont see any bears, they just come out of nowhere,,same with man eating/angry wolves. i heard about a story of this family of 4? they went nature walking,somewhere in the north, and out of nowhere comes a few pissed off wolves.

750x-1.jpg

Gross.

i think this is the second time i heard of a story like this, not sure, i think the other time was a little girl that was only walking near a lake. so, there were no signs anywhere warning of alligators?

Yes, I believe there were signs, no swimming and an alligator warning.

But to me putting up signs is just a way that a company covers their asses. Some day walk around and count how many signs there are. It is amazing.

what happened in Orlando is just like when people get a little too curious in the Alaska forest. Oh yah, look,look at the bear! I got to get much closer to get a better look!, and often they dont see any bears, they just come out of nowhere,,same with man eating/angry wolves. i heard about a story of this family of 4? they went nature walking,somewhere in the north, and out of nowhere comes a few pissed off wolves.
Wrong a this gator was never seen until too late.

I can see a difference between someone from Florida allowing their child to wade in a pond at night and a person from Nebraska.

750x-1.jpg

Gross.

But to me putting up signs is just a way that a company covers their asses. Some day walk around and count how many signs there are. It is amazing.
thats what i think i heard, they could of at least put a fence in the water like they do in some beaches in austrailia to keep the box jelly fish out

Wrong a this gator was never seen until too late.
well u get what i mean, in this situation, it was in a controlled place where the powers that be had the capability to control the gators

750x-1.jpg

Gross.

thats what i think i heard, they could of at least put a fence in the water like they do in some beaches in austrailia to keep the box jelly fish out

There are fences in the water not far from this beach Google Maps

750x-1.jpg

Gross.

They can harvest the alligators, which is what I would do first.

I am thinking that it will be 100 years before people forget about what happened. The awareness of the danger should be heightened. In my opinion, a fence is overkill.

750x-1.jpg

Gross.

I don't see what looks like a fence at the beaches.

I can see a difference between someone from Florida allowing their child to wade in a pond at night and a person from Nebraska.
right, some tourists from out of state are not used to having that lake in their back yard. and a lake with deadly monsters. once u get out of the deep south, u dont have to worry about gators jumping out of lakes, maybe bears?

they did a story on this on some cable network, they were reviewing the top 10, deadliest creatures on earth....box jelly was within the top 5,,they focused on this beach where they had this barrier, maybe 50/75 feet into the water? it was to keep the jelly fish out so that the tourists/locals could go swimming,,,,it was like putting the great wall of china in the beach.

Not this exact beach, but there is another complex nearby that is fenced, it is south and east just a bit, surrounding some pier like structures

they did a story on this on some cable network, they were reviewing the top 10, deadliest creatures on earth....box jelly was within the top 5,,they focused on this beach where they had this barrier, maybe 50/75 feet into the water? it was to keep the jelly fish out so that the tourists/locals could go swimming,,,,it was like putting the great wall of china in the beach.
I think those are shark nets not designed to keep out jellies

I must say....living in the South anywhere below Columbia or Atlanta...especially Coastal SC, GA, FL and the Gulf....you cannot avoid gators.

EVERY body of water has or eventually will have a gator. Swimming pools. Lakes. You name it....Gators will be there.

IT'S a joke in Charleston when people say a lake or pond "doesn't have gators". Yes. It does. Or has. Or will.

Yep. Saw a ten footer last weekend and ate a four footer.

Because it's Florida, and water.

Always fucking assume that the water is going to kill you. It's basic common fucking sense. If you don't know what is going inside of a body of water, then you know it's deadly. Period.

Well, thank goodness that since everyone has common sense now, we can remove all the warning labels. No more warnings on lemon dish soap that it's not meant to drink. No more warnings on plastic bags because no one is stupid enough to give one to a child to play with. No more warnings on disinfectant wipes that they aren't to be used for baby wipes. Take the warnings off toys since no parent would give a baby a toy meant for a 5 yr. old. And seriously, who needs to be told not to use their hair dryer in the tub?

Yea, most of us have common sense, but the government had some people in mind when they started demanding warning labels on everything.

People from other countries and even other states probably aren't scared of muddy water since they just aren't used to alligators. It happens. Usually, liberals are doing everything they can to save people from themselves.

Shit will always happen no matter what. I think warning labels should be for those times when a danger is unusual and maybe alligators in a manmade pond in front of a family hotel would be one of those times. The sign said 'no swimming' and technically, the kid wasn't. If the sign had warned that alligators are in the water, do you think parents would have kept their children away from the edge of the water? After all, gators can come out of the water.

Doesn't happen often, you say, so no need. There is a sign on the highway just north of us that warns of the danger of falling rocks. Hasn't happened here in over 75 years, but hey, the warning signs are there.

Last edited:
Because it's Florida, and water.

Always fucking assume that the water is going to kill you. It's basic common fucking sense. If you don't know what is going inside of a body of water, then you know it's deadly. Period.

Well, thank goodness that since everyone has common sense now, we can remover all the warning labels. No more warnings on lemon dish soap that it's not meant to drink. No more warnings on plastic bags because no one is stupid enough to give one to a child to play with. No more warnings on disinfectant wipes that they aren't to be used for baby wipes. And take the warnings off toys since no parent would give a baby a toy meant for a 5 yr. old.

People from other countries and even other states probably aren't scared of muddy ponds since they just aren't used to alligators. It happens. Usually, liberals are doing everything they can to save people from themselves.

Shit will always happen no matter what. I think warning labels should be for those times when a danger is unusual and maybe alligators in a manmade pond in front of a family hotel would be one of those times.
This was not a muddy pond, in fact it was not even there at all until Disney built it. The lake and beach are manmade, the beach is designed for kids to play on, which is what it was being used for. Level Disney now, it was a mistake. It can be rebuilt in another location.

Forum List

Back