Why wouldn't Jesus...

I have a strong family, I'll still get upset if you attack us, or any one of us.
I guess I just don't understand that, especially if your family is strong.

Sure, correct inaccuracies, but what they heck?

It's like if someone here calls me fat, for example. I know what I am. I know that they have no idea what I look like. So, why would it bother me? The only "bother" I get is that someone is that idiotic, or insane, to think they know much about me at all.

As if none of us doesn't already know this, there are tons of lunatics on this site.

So if someone is teasing or harassing your little brother or sister or child, it doesn't bother you a bit.

Little brothers and sisters and children need protecting. Are you saying Christians need protecting from teasing?

It's interesting to watch some Christians get very defensive about their faith.

While I do agree that there are many who do attack it, I don't understand why it would bother anyone who has a strong faith.

Because it's about Laws also... :thup:

:)

peace...
What laws are you referring to?

It's about the Protections the Church has now to Deny Marriage or Benefits or even Entry to the Church to Homosexuals...

That's some of the Agenda.

I don't Care any less or more about these Anti-Religion People Attacking the Mormon Church or the Catholic...

Their Goal, the Activists is the same...

To Silence ANYONE who doesn't Embrace their Sexuality.

It's in the News again today with that Italian Soccer player...

He apparently can't have an Opinion about Gays without calls for his Removal.

peace...

Because it's about Laws also... :thup:

peace...

It's about the Protections the Church has now to Deny Marriage or Benefits or even Entry to the Church to Homosexuals...

I don't Care any less or more about these Anti-Religion People Attacking the Mormon Church or the Catholic...

peace...
To the bolded: I haven't seen that from many at all, and I'm hard pressed at trying to think of anyone who wants to violate the Supreme Law of the land to force churches into doing something they don't want to do.

Wait....I take that back...this administration is doing that with trying to force religious organizations into providing health care coverage in areas against their organizations beliefs.

But, I digress...as far as anyone wanting to force churches into performing same-sex marriages, that is never going to happen, unless the Constitution ceases being the Supreme Law of the Land.

Marriage is a legal contract and always available through the local magistrate. No one needs a church for that.

peace...
To the bolded: I haven't seen that from many at all, and I'm hard pressed at trying to think of anyone who wants to violate the Supreme Law of the land to force churches into doing something they don't want to do.

Wait....I take that back...this administration is doing that with trying to force religious organizations into providing health care coverage in areas against their organizations beliefs.

But, I digress...as far as anyone wanting to force churches into performing same-sex marriages, that is never going to happen, unless the Constitution ceases being the Supreme Law of the Land.

Marriage is a legal contract and always available through the local magistrate. No one needs a church for that.

I Disagree... The Freedom of Religion stops at the Violation of Rights of others.

For example, Muslims Stone people to Death... Freedom of Religion?... Not in our Country regardless of what the 1st Amendment says.

Same goes for IF "Marriage" is Expanded as a "Right" by the SCOTUS for Homosexuals.

peace...

peace...

I Disagree... The Freedom of Religion stops at the Violation of Rights of others.

For example, Muslims Stone people to Death... Freedom of Religion?... Not in our Country regardless of what the 1st Amendment says.

Same goes for IF "Marriage" is Expanded as a "Right" by the SCOTUS for Homosexuals.

peace...
As I said, if marriage is extended as a right, that marriage is available civilly. There is no need to violate the Constitution (specifically the First Amendment) to guarantee that right.

peace...

peace...

You are comparing stoning with a religious marriage ceremony?

You really believe churches should be forced to go against their religion when it comes to something that harms nobody?

I'm more and more glad everyday that I don't belong to any particular church. You can't force me to accept ANYONE into my religion or force me to go against my religion.

BTW, I know a church that refused to marry a couple because she was Buddhist. Do you really think that Pastor should have been forced to go against his belief and marry them?

peace...

You really believe churches should be forced to go against their religion when it comes to something that harms nobody?

I'm more and more glad everyday that I don't belong to any particular church. You can't force me to accept ANYONE into my religion or force me to go against my religion.

BTW, I know a church that refused to marry a couple because she was Buddhist. Do you really think that Pastor should have been forced to go against his belief and marry them?

How do you Conclude that I want that?...

I am Warning of what others want. :thup:

peace...

peace...
As I said, if marriage is extended as a right, that marriage is available civilly. There is no need to violate the Constitution (specifically the First Amendment) to guarantee that right.

We will see... There is also Tax Free Status and Employment Issues with the Gay Marriage if it becomes a "Right".

That's the Distinction... If it's a "Right" a whole new door opens.

peace...

peace...

peace...
It think the point is that we disallow stoning - a religious practice of Muslims - because it violates the Constitution here and violates individual rights guaranteed in the Constitution. Allowing same-sex marriages doesn't violate anyone's rights.

Of course, if the federal government wants to amend the Constitution regarding marriage, I will fight that tooth and nail. But, for other reasons.

mal,

what are your thoughts on the Citizens United ruling?

work with me here, I'm not trying to set a trap or play 'gotcha', I just have a thought I'd like to explore via the Socratic method... sort of.

peace...

We will see... There is also Tax Free Status and Employment Issues with the Gay Marriage if it becomes a "Right".

peace...
Yet more stupid reasons to deny equal rights.

peace...

peace...

Yeah, I figured that out after I vented, sorry.

peace...
It think the point is that we disallow stoning - a religious practice of Muslims - because it violates the Constitution here and violates individual rights guaranteed in the Constitution. Allowing same-sex marriages doesn't violate anyone's rights.

Of course, if the federal government wants to amend the Constitution regarding marriage, I will fight that tooth and nail. But, for other reasons.

Churches Employ people and they get Tax Breaks... If Marriage becomes a "Right" for Homosexuals and they get all of the Benefits etc that come with it, the Church would be Denying them "Rights" in a number of areas including in Hiring Practices.

Also, as you are seeing in our more "Progressive" Friends Country's, Religious Doctrine, what is Written, is being Considered Hate Speech Against Homosexuals...

That's coming here... Soon. :thup:

peace...

peace...
Yet more stupid reasons to deny equal rights.

^That's what I'm Talking about right there... :thup:

peace...

It's interesting to watch some Christians get very defensive about their faith.

While I do agree that there are many who do attack it, I don't understand why it would bother anyone who has a strong faith.

In "this" country, freedom of religion is set in our Constitution. If you do not "defend" that "freedom" there are those that would take that "freedom" from you. That is how those against "freedom" work; they chip away at things that don't seem important to most people and before you know it, they have divided the population into segments that are voting to take things from others. It ends in a total stain....

Forum List

Back