🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why you are unable to get what you want from the stores;

Devils_Advocate

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2020
From the Depths of Hell

Click the link and realize until the people of this great society head back to work we as a Nation and World will see shortages for a long time…

1633862182289.png

We're all going to wipe our butts virtually soon so going back to work is highly overrated.

*****SARCASTIC CHUCKLE*****

:eusa_dance::banana: :smoke: :banana::eusa_dance:

Click the link and realize until the people of this great society head back to work we as a Nation and World will see shortages for a long time…

Sucks for Ben and or Jerry, but hardly the sky is falling stuff.

CNN completely missed the real reason. I've read similar arguments, and they always attribute the shortages and disruptions in the supply likes to "coronavirus."

They never seem to mention the fact that a large part of the American workforce is still sitting at home, drawing $300 per month per child right now. That is an advance of the Child Tax Credit being doled out. The stipulation is that it will have to be paid back at the end of the year, if those wage-earners make more money in 2021.

All you have to do is go to any store or business and look at the low quality of the employees lately. There are help-wanted signs and newspaper ads all over the place, but employers are still having problems hiring qualified employees, because so many people have left the workforce. The jobs report released this week shows that the labor participation rate dropped another 2% since the last report.

Mad_Jack_Flint the Dems are ALLOWING the thieves to steal --turning the US into a Third World shithole

CNN completely missed the real reason. I've read similar arguments, and they always attribute the shortages and disruptions in the supply likes to "coronavirus."

They never seem to mention the fact that a large part of the American workforce is still sitting at home, drawing $300 per month per child right now. That is an advance of the Child Tax Credit being doled out. The stipulation is that it will have to be paid back at the end of the year, if those wage-earners make more money in 2021.

All you have to do is go to any store or business and look at the low quality of the employees lately. There are help-wanted signs and newspaper ads all over the place, but employers are still having problems hiring qualified employees, because so many people have left the workforce. The jobs report released this week shows that the labor participation rate dropped another 2% since the last report.
I thought it was because all of the workers drawing that enhanced unemployment check. Everything was going to be fixed once that ended. How did that turn out? So now it is the enhanced child tax credit. I mean you guys are a hoot.

The word that I have been hearing is that Christmas gift ordering will be a real challenge this year and so if you find whatever you are looking for in a store instead, consider it a blessing because it may take a good long time for you to get anything that you buy online.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Between the surplus of jobs available and the lack of consumerism people refuse to work for wages they perceive as too low.

Especially by employers who have demonstrated a real lack of good management skills of its workforce.

Low wages and an asshole for a boss? Not by this primadonna! And I'm not even a drama queen.

And the places that are having the most trouble hiring are the jobs that are notorious for those two factors... except now the added risk of coronavirus to go along with. (Medical bills from catching it can wipe out months of paychecks and leave you permanently disabled)

So...for all those reasons nobody wants to work at these jobs. They are gravitating to jobs (if they get one or need one) to higher pay and better working conditions like consistent work with opportunities for advancement for above average performance.

Mad_Jack_Flint the Dems are ALLOWING the thieves to steal --turning the US into a Third World shithole
Maybe corporations could hire their own police for the stores.

I went to get a new laptop yesterday. I went to two Best Buys. The second one had my unit but was sold out of almost all others. The entire store had two sales people. I saw one young man who was unable to assist because he worked in the warehouse. He is the only worker in the warehouse.

Between paying people to stay home and vaccine mandates preventing people from working there are 70 container ships in the harbor unable to be off loaded. That's where the merchandise is. Between generous unemployment benefits and vaccine prohibitions there are few sales people.

The FJB regime is grinding the economic engine of the United States to a complete halt. Deliberstely.

Between the surplus of jobs available and the lack of consumerism people refuse to work for wages they perceive as too low.

Especially by employers who have demonstrated a real lack of good management skills of its workforce.

Low wages and an asshole for a boss? Not by this primadonna! And I'm not even a drama queen.

And the places that are having the most trouble hiring are the jobs that are notorious for those two factors... except now the added risk of coronavirus to go along with. (Medical bills from catching it can wipe out months of paychecks and leave you permanently disabled)

So...for all those reasons nobody wants to work at these jobs. They are gravitating to jobs (if they get one or need one) to higher pay and better working conditions like consistent work with opportunities for advancement for above average performance.
I believe you hit on two key problems. Lack of pay and poor management. When the Covid pandemic hit what did businesses do, they laid off their workers, so is it any surprise that those same workers are hesitant about coming back. The company demonstrated they had no allegiance to their workers, now the workers are demonstrating they have no allegiance to those businesses.

And the pay, for unskilled labor it is laughable. Fifteen dollars an hour is not going to get it, better off to come up with a side hustle. The Covid pandemic increased the gap between the haves and have nots. Skilled workers, working remotely, have seen their incomes expand and their expenses decrease. They have also seen an increase in productivity. Now it is more efficient for the unskilled workers to work directly for the skilled workers, delivering them their food, driving them to the bars and clubs, mowing their lawns and baby sitting their kids. Companies are going to have to suck it up and pay better, deliver better benefits, and teach their management staff the concept of servant leadership. Otherwise they are going to find themselves behind the curve.

I went to get a new laptop yesterday. I went to two Best Buys. The second one had my unit but was sold out of almost all others. The entire store had two sales people. I saw one young man who was unable to assist because he worked in the warehouse. He is the only worker in the warehouse.

Between paying people to stay home and vaccine mandates preventing people from working there are 70 container ships in the harbor unable to be off loaded. That's where the merchandise is. Between generous unemployment benefits and vaccine prohibitions there are few sales people.

The FJB regime is grinding the economic engine of the United States to a complete halt. Deliberstely.
You might as well still have an old-fashioned phone. I got a new laptop recently. Amazon, got here in two days, never even had to leave the house.

Those container ships are sitting offshore because the companies that own the products could give two shits if they are off-loaded. They can charge more, do less, and make more money. The corporate tax cut makes it even better. A good example, Oscar Mayer and lunchables. They reduce the diversity of their production, focusing on only producing their core products. Some products are no longer being produced, that streamlines their production process and lowers their cost. Then they jack up the price on those core products, eliminate promotional allowances, and increase their margins. Produce less, at a lower cost, and charge more. Hell, it is a no-brainer.

I believe you hit on two key problems. Lack of pay and poor management. When the Covid pandemic hit what did businesses do, they laid off their workers, so is it any surprise that those same workers are hesitant about coming back. The company demonstrated they had no allegiance to their workers, now the workers are demonstrating they have no allegiance to those businesses.

And the pay, for unskilled labor it is laughable. Fifteen dollars an hour is not going to get it, better off to come up with a side hustle. The Covid pandemic increased the gap between the haves and have nots. Skilled workers, working remotely, have seen their incomes expand and their expenses decrease. They have also seen an increase in productivity. Now it is more efficient for the unskilled workers to work directly for the skilled workers, delivering them their food, driving them to the bars and clubs, mowing their lawns and baby sitting their kids. Companies are going to have to suck it up and pay better, deliver better benefits, and teach their management staff the concept of servant leadership. Otherwise they are going to find themselves behind the curve.
Today's management is absolutely horrible. They are all about making themselves look good at the expense of those they manage.
And when the time comes for promotion...they have no one capable that they have groomed carefully except for themselves to occupy a better position (often for another company)

So it's obvious to the average worker that the company has zero loyalty to them and then the companies get their feelings hurt when the employees reciprocate the attitudes.

Now as far as the restaurant industry the simple answer is to remove the required pay for wait-staff while elimination of the income taxes they pay for gratuities.

This would give owners more money to pay back of the house staff while instantly giving wait-staff a 25% pay raise.
The cost would be negligible at best...

Forum List

Back