WI Teachers Union: Making You an Offer You Can't Refuse

yeah, so they should be forced to do the union's bidding or be threatened with the loss of business. sounds good to me. maybe the businesses just want to do business and not take a position in this. maybe the businesses would like to do business with, gulp, everyone :eek:

what a concept, huh, einstein?

Boycotts never work - ever.

I think that what concerns people is that Unions are violent. Will SEIU burn down any business that doesn't have their sign?

Will there be a Kristalnacht of union thugs breaking windows and beating shop owners?

We've all seen the unions do this so many times, it's a legitimate concern.

Apparently I'm much smart than you. The graph is already in 2008 constant dollars.

Reading for comprehension and retention is a useful skill. Too bad you didn't acquire it.

You are 'much smart' (sic) but I bet the 'spending' is per student per year and not union salaries.

I am sure that educators health care cost is a large part of the increase just like it is throughout the country (union and non-union alike).

Apparently I'm much smart than you. The graph is already in 2008 constant dollars.

Reading for comprehension and retention is a useful skill. Too bad you didn't acquire it.

You are 'much smart' (sic) but I bet the 'spending' is per student per year and not union salaries.

I am sure that educators health care cost is a large part of the increase just like it is throughout the country (union and non-union alike).

The graph is per pupil spending; I didn't say it was union salaries.

Again, you are an idiot. I used short words that perhaps you will understand.

Boycotts are not illegal and in fact they are effective. I am totally anti public workers unions and I am also totally dumbfounded that the idiots who run Wisconsin hiring system agreed to the outrageous demands. There is nothing wrong with asking for more, I do it all the time I just don't have a bubble head on the other side of the table saying yes.

80% of the population is getting tired for paying wages and benefits that are out of line with society to the 18% or so who make up the unions. They are cooking their own goose, it is a slow cook but it will get done.

Your much smartness is intimidating but the topic is on teacher unions... so if the graph isn't illustrating a problem with unions then what is the point?

Your much smartness is intimidating but the topic is on teacher unions... so if the graph isn't illustrating a problem with unions then what is the point?

If you don't grok that one of the major issues concerning unions is spending in general, then so be it.

Your ignorance is not my problem.

To quote myself, I said "Cadillac Spending", in response to some inane Edsel-Cadillac analogy.

Union worker provide an Edsel experience at Cadillac costs. Not worth it, by any stretch of the definition.

Last edited:
Look at all the people on this thread literally afraid of teachers.

What next? Hide under your bed from butterflies? Bite your nails when an old lady in a wheelchair goes by?

No offense, but what a bunch of pantywastes.

Being anti Union Thuggery does not equate to being afraid of teachers.

Just sayin'.

Boycotts are not illegal and in fact they are effective.

No, they're not effective.

Very few have had any effect at all. The few that did have an effect were not based on the actual boycott but the leftist media coverage, ala Anita Bryant. The actual boycott had no effect on orange juice sales, but the attack by the DNC media of ABC, CBS, NBC and the NY Times pressured the growers to dump her.

I am totally anti public workers unions and I am also totally dumbfounded that the idiots who run Wisconsin hiring system agreed to the outrageous demands.

Hard to say "no" to a union you're taking bribes from.

80% of the population is getting tired for paying wages and benefits that are out of line with society to the 18% or so who make up the unions. They are cooking their own goose, it is a slow cook but it will get done.

Which says their boycott will have no effect.

UNLESS they engage in their usual Kristalnacht acts.

If you don't grok that one of the major issues concerning unions is spending in general, then so be it.

To quote myself, I said "Cadillac Spending", in response to some inane Edsel-Cadillac analogy.

Union worker provide an Edsel experience at Cadillac costs. Not worth it, by any stretch of the definition.

Cadillac price?...really?

YOU are an IDIOT if you believe that the cost of wages don't go up, the cost of books go up, the cost of building equipment goes, the cost of heating a building goes up, the cost of almost everything goes up but Wages should not.
The cost of 5000.00 in 1970 was not the cost of wages, it was the overall cost of student to the state for educating that student. That 5000.00 in 2009 would be 28,000.00. so how is 11,000 which is high be a bad amount to be spent in 2009?

I was making 3.00 an hr in 1970, when i retired in 2006 i was making 25.50. so it's all relevant to time.

Many things have changed also, in the ed. of kids, as we now put less student into a class, and they educate many more students who were left out of school in the 1970's.

Trying to demonize the people who forgo great amounts of wages and benefits in the priviate sector in order to provide our student with a decent ed is sad at best as far as I am concerned. Why aren't all these quality people who you think who want to work these jobs for 70% of what they are being paid after getting a 4 or 6 year degree at.
But of course most of you think the local lawn guy can do the job or a kid working at mac and Dons.

Cadillac price?...really?

you mean they should get wages like those on WALL STREET, and maybe we should give them a 140,000 bonus also.

YOU are an IDIOT if you believe that the cost of wages don't go up, the cost of books go up, the cost of building equipment goes, the cost of heating a building goes up, the cost of almost everything goes up but Wages should not.
The cost of 5000.00 in 1970 was not the cost of wages, it was the overall cost of student to the state for educating that student. That 5000.00 in 2009 would be 28,000.00. so how is 11,000 which is high be a bad amount to be spent in 2009?

I was making 3.00 an hr in 1970, when i retired in 2006 i was making 25.50. so it's all relevant to time.

Many things have changed also, in the ed. of kids, as we now put less student into a class, and they educate many more students who were left out of school in the 1970's.

Trying to demonize the people who forgo great amounts of wages and benefits in the priviate sector in order to provide our student with a decent ed is sad at best as far as I am concerned. Why aren't all these quality people who you think who want to work these jobs for 70% of what they are being paid after getting a 4 or 6 year degree at.
But of course most of you think the local lawn guy can do the job or a kid working at mac and Dons.

Do you know what "adjusted for inflation" means?

I like that last sign I saw, NO UNEMPLYEED PERSON NEEDS TO APPLY?

This is what our business are all about, give them a little money and they will pay a guy who has a job more to quit his job and go to work for me, but if your not hired now your WORTHLESS or you would have a job..

I like that last sign I saw, NO UNEMPLYEED PERSON NEEDS TO APPLY?

This is what our business are all about, give them a little money and they will pay a guy who has a job more to quit his job and go to work for me, but if your not hired now your WORTHLESS or you would have a job..

You DO work at Noodles Restaurant, or used to.

Fo shizzle ma whizzle!

I don't have a clue as to what your trying to say, you make no sense but go ahead and explain to me what your saying?

5000.00 was the cost to ed. a student in 1970, thats amount per student that the govt spent.
in 2010 we spend 10,500 a student per year!

But if you take that 5000.00 and put it into 2009 dollars it would be 28,000.

Now you explain it to me.

I don't have a clue as to what your trying to say, you make no sense but go ahead and explain to me what your saying?

5000.00 was the cost to ed. a student in 1970, thats amount per student that the govt spent.
in 2010 we spend 10,500 a student per year!

But if you take that 5000.00 and put it into 2009 dollars it would be 28,000.

Now you explain it to me.

The graph is in CONSTANT 2008 DOLLARS.

Your persistent inability to recognize this fact is pathetic, but you do get 10 Points For Consistency.

I don't understand the beef and everytime someone asks specifics, the only response given are more questions laden with insults.

Are people on the conservative side here against boycotts? Or against the sign hanging that they are requesting? Only "organized" boycotts? Union boycotts? What is it?

What is it about Government Employees forcing people to say something against their will (i.e., in violation of their first amendment rights) that is okay with you?

But Government Employees didnt force anything...The unions are asking for their support by hanging it, they CAN turn them down. That is the opposite of force. Or else they wouldnt have asked, the unions would've just forced them.

Nothing is against anyones will here.

I don't understand the beef and everytime someone asks specifics, the only response given are more questions laden with insults.

Are people on the conservative side here against boycotts? Or against the sign hanging that they are requesting? Only "organized" boycotts? Union boycotts? What is it?

What is it about Government Employees forcing people to say something against their will (i.e., in violation of their first amendment rights) that is okay with you?

But Government Employees didnt force anything...The unions are asking for their support by hanging it, they CAN turn them down. That is the opposite of force. Or else they wouldnt have asked, the unions would've just forced them.

Nothing is against anyones will here.

You really don't understand much about psychology or unions, do you?

Forum List

Back