Wikipedia says Dem leader Chuck Schumer got a perfect 1600 on the SAT

How the fuck am I a white-hating racist? I AM White. How the fuck can someone do well on the Math portion of a standardized test if the school district they go to doesn't even teach it? As I said, and you still can't fucking comprehend, the SAT, ACT, and other tests doesn't measure INTELLIGENCE. It measures what a person has learned through their educational experience. If a minority wasn't afforded the same educational opportunities as some White kid from the suburbs, guess what is going to happen genius? They aren't going to do as well.

And you saying "THINK" after all your statements is fucking retarded... So what was your score on the SAT or ACT? Was it high enough to qualify you for your job mopping up the floors in the adult book store on the side of the highway?
Math is kind of a requirement for every school.

If your school didn't teach math, they were claiming that they did and lying.

To do well on the SAT or ACT is requires much more than "Math." I personally took all the way up to AP Calculus in high school... but then again I went to a high school that was predominantly White and the community was in what you would call a rich suburb...
If that were the case then no one outside of private schools and advanced public school classes would have a chance of getting a better than average score.

No... that's not true, thus why the idea of a "standardized test" is not a true measurement of intelligence. Every individual is unique and comes form a a different situation with different resources and opportunities.

Do you know what the word "standardized" means? So who exactly is the "standard?" Who's the test written for? That's the point.

Not who, but what. A test is written to the level of knowledge expected.

Wrong again. Standardized test had a cultural bias to them, and thus why many of them were changed...

I don't know what it is? :lmao:You get dumber with every post you make. I sure hope the new health care bill covers vasectomies, because you have no right to be procreating.

HAHAHA. The board notes that all you have is namecalling and you refuse to answer my question as to why asians do so well on these tests you insist are biased for whites.

Do you even have a fucking clue? It's because a lot of Asians actually study specifically for taking THAT test. Of course that's above your head I'm sure... and I don't mean studying the material, but actually studying on how to do well on the TEST.

To do well on the test, one must study the material.

Wrong, not always true. A person can actually do well on a test without truly understanding the material.

Then the problem is with the test, which seems to be the gist of this thread.

Math is kind of a requirement for every school.

If your school didn't teach math, they were claiming that they did and lying.

To do well on the SAT or ACT is requires much more than "Math." I personally took all the way up to AP Calculus in high school... but then again I went to a high school that was predominantly White and the community was in what you would call a rich suburb...
If that were the case then no one outside of private schools and advanced public school classes would have a chance of getting a better than average score.

No... that's not true, thus why the idea of a "standardized test" is not a true measurement of intelligence. Every individual is unique and comes form a a different situation with different resources and opportunities.

Do you know what the word "standardized" means? So who exactly is the "standard?" Who's the test written for? That's the point.

Wrong again. Standardized test had a cultural bias to them, and thus why many of them were changed...

If cultural bias is reflected in the test by the lack of depth required to truly test within the subject at the level expected, then the subject is not tested, but the culture that fails the test.

If cultural bias is reflected in the test by the lack of depth required to truly test within the subject at the level expected, then the subject is not tested, but the culture that fails the test.

No, because as I have already asked, WHO is the standard for the test based on?

It would be like saying, "How good does a player have to be to make the NBA?" Well give me the name of the player that is the "standard." What's their qualities... ?

The whole gist of the thread is someone being a racist fuck and saying the test was "dumbed down" for a race of people, and that's not true. Period.

And yet the huge black/white performance gap persists!! Why didn't getting rid of the mythical cultural bias result in blacks doing better? THINK

Do you even have a fucking clue? It's because a lot of Asians actually study specifically for taking THAT test.

In the first place you don't know that asians study for the test and in the second place, blacks can study for the SAT too and do it for free . All libraries have SAT prep books. Or buy one at a thrift store for $3.

Do you even have a fucking clue? It's because a lot of Asians actually study specifically for taking THAT test.

In the first place you don't know that asians study for the test and in the second place, blacks can study for the SAT too and do it for free . All libraries have SAT prep books. Or buy one at a thrift store for $3.

Yes, I bet all the Blacks in downtown Detroit are taking the bus to the Library to check out the SAT prep book... and WTF kind of thrift stores do you go to that have SAT prep books? You are fucking on acid.

Yes, I bet all the Blacks in downtown Detroit are taking the bus to the Library to check out the SAT prep book... and WTF kind of thrift stores do you go to that have SAT prep books? You are fucking on acid.

You will find SAT prep books in thrift stores, But not the one's that cover the current test, and as such are of almost no value, which is why they're in thrift stores instead of on e-bay.

You will find SAT prep books in thrift stores, But not the one's that cover the current test, and as such are of almost no value, which is why they're in thrift stores instead of on e-bay.

BS - you can buy them thru e-bay or amazon too. But you'll pay full price of say 20 bucks. And WTF makes you think it has to be the latest edition?? An SATprep book 3 years old is fine.. THINK

Yes, I bet all the Blacks in downtown Detroit are taking the bus to the Library to check out the SAT prep book

I bet they're not.

Forum List

Back