Wild Side Ornithology Club

you can't beat cardinals in winter. especially where there's lots of them

3-180113152553-14523965.jpeg

The people of 5 states claim the Mockingbird as their State Bird. They really are characters if you are ever lucky enough to have them frequent your back yard. :)

tx-mockingbird.jpg

Mockingbird - Texas, Mississippi, Arkansas, Florida and Tennessee State Bird

for a few years we had a mockingbird that did a ringing phone.....that was just a joy

she would wake you at the crack of dawn......you would answer the phone and cuss

We had a mockingbird that - seriously- learned the varied sound of car alarms.

The people of 5 states claim the Mockingbird as their State Bird. They really are characters if you are ever lucky enough to have them frequent your back yard. :)

tx-mockingbird.jpg

Mockingbird - Texas, Mississippi, Arkansas, Florida and Tennessee State Bird

for a few years we had a mockingbird that did a ringing phone.....that was just a joy

she would wake you at the crack of dawn......you would answer the phone and cuss

We had a mockingbird that - seriously- learned the varied sound of car alarms.
:lmao: Never a dull moment with some of the little characters! They're so amusing to watch--pushy, bright, quick, and full of antics and challenges. They never stop being little clowns, except when it's time to eat. Even then, it's fun to watch them be themselves. One day when I was picking blackberries growing by the fence, one was eyeballing me and staying ahead of me by 1 foot, eating his way down the other side of the fence. What a riot.

Last edited:
when i was framing this shot the bird wasn't in it. I was just taking the reservoir. by the time i clicked it had flown in. I didn't know it was there until i looked at the picture later.

3-140213020134-148321190.jpeg

this is one of my favorite shots. again, taken on film.

3-140213015848-14825294.jpeg
He's most elegant, even in the midst. I love blue herons. Thanks for sharing a very beautiful work, Spoonman. Move over a little, Ansel Adams. I think your replacement is here. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back