Wild Side Ornithology Club

I haven't been out and about much to see the wildlife, and my camera doesn't have a telephoto lens...but spring is coming, and I'm feeling the draw. I know the eagles are congregating at Eagle Creek back home like they do every year at this time....i saw pictures in the tribal paper, and it made me a little homesick.

I haven't been out and about much to see the wildlife, and my camera doesn't have a telephoto lens...but spring is coming, and I'm feeling the draw. I know the eagles are congregating at Eagle Creek back home like they do every year at this time....i saw pictures in the tribal paper, and it made me a little homesick.

ou can get a fairly god digital camera with zoom lens. i have a sony cybershot 12.1 megapixel. i love the thing.

Yes, one can...if one has money to buy it, lol.

I currently don't. I have my little digital which is a nice little camera, but sadly inadequate for birding.

I currently don't. I have my little digital which is a nice little camera, but sadly inadequate for birding.

i hear you. most of the other shots i posted were done without a zoom. put a feeder outside your window and let the birds come to you.

3-140213020718-148362401.jpeg

Up where Eagles fly o'er the mountain high...

[ame=http://youtu.be/AkzwE6ufhDY]Where the Eagle flies - YouTube[/ame]

(Except Spoonman's eagle would be something to see if he did videos...)

A lot of blue ribbons hang by photos taken by amateurs with one of those at state fairs... Just sayin'. :eusa_whistle:

A lot of blue ribbons hang by photos taken by amateurs with one of those at state fairs... Just sayin'. :eusa_whistle:

i used to have a few places i would send my photos to. lots of them have been used in calendars, marketing brochres and stuff. now there are sites on line where you can post photos and if someone wants to use them you get paid for them. i haven't hooked up with any of them yet, but i should. one of these days i;ll get around to it.

now this is the music that should have accompanied your eagle video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKn9n7VQQJ0]John Denver - Eagle and the Hawk - YouTube[/ame]

how about this guy? i thought it was dead and went to get a box to put it in. when i got back it had flown away. i think the wind must have just blown it out of the eves of the shed

DSC03161.jpg

how about this guy? i thought it was dead and went to get a box to put it in. when i got back it had flown away. i think the wind must have just blown it out of the eves of the shed

DSC03161.jpg

Too cool! It's catching a breath, then. :)

:clap2:

I admit to thinking this was a thread of a different variety. :redface:

yea, i think it just got blown out of place and wasn't quite awake yet. lol

DSC03161.jpg
Wow, that must've been some kind of windstorm! Thanks for sharing the story that it found its way back to the air. :)

Forum List

Back