Will African Americans EVER be free?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
As a NON-African American I've wondered if African Americans will ever be free?
Free from their ancestors passing on stories of how bad life was a slave. How bad the NON-African Americans treated them. How much in labor costs slavery saved and as a result that is a value that some African Americans think should this value should be reparations.

Historical economist James Marketti estimates the dollar value of the labor taken from enslaved African Americans from 1790 to 1860 to be, depending on the historical assumptions, from $7 billion to as much as $40 billion.20 Such a agure roughly indicates what black in- dividuals and families lost in income because they did not control their labor.21 Marketti suggests that, if that stolen income is multiplied by tak- ing into account lost interest from then to the present, the current (1983) economic loss (income diverted) for black Americans ranges from $2.1 to $4.7 trillion.
http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/blj/vol20/feagin.pdf

So let's pay off every one of the African Americans that can genetically trace their ancestry to coming over on slave boats. Assume it will be ALL Black or African American alone, of 13.2% in 2014 or 42 million.
That means adding to ALL Americans debt including African Americans this nearly $5 trillion in 1983,
or in today's value..$11.390 trillion. $271,346 for every single African-American.

Do you think they would shut up then? Wouldn't they be equals then? Actually they'd become part of the 1%ers! Now of course it would be a lump sum...one time payment. In exchange no more Section 8 housing. No more free cell phones. No more food stamps. No more welfare. I think it would be a fair exchange. Oh and it would be taxable by the way! After all it is income!!!

I think we should first go with Bernie Sanders's plan to tax the top ten percent at 100 percent, and then give the blacks $271,346 each.

In exchange no more Section 8 housing. No more free cell phones. No more food stamps. No more welfare.

This is how the Gnu Right pictures you, negroes. You're a buncha lazy moochers needlessly taking advantage of welfare benefits

Think about really. Let's pay them off in exchange for eliminating this:

The federal government spent $270 billion in 2012 to help Americans buy or rent homes (Section 8)
Chart Book: Federal Housing Spending Is Poorly Matched to Need | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

The U.S. government spent about $2.2 billion on the program last year alone, reports The Wall Street Journal, which conducted a review of the program's funding.
Obama Phone Program Costs Govt. Over $2 Billion

Right there nearly $300 billion in savings!

Let's do it!!!

Let's first deduct for the cost of the Civil War. Just the burning of Atlanta should wipe out a good deal of that debt you think is owed. Add in the destruction of the South in general, the loss of lives on both sides. The cost of 35 years of affirmative Action by reimbursing those who suffered from it. We could go on and on.

People just want to be treated fairly . But 150 years later we still have issues .

I think we should first go with Bernie Sanders's plan to tax the top ten percent at 100 percent, and then give the blacks $271,346 each.
Sure I'm all in favor of that! So let's see what that would amount to OK???
So the top 10% paid $711 billion or 18.9% of taxable income.
Great. So getting 100% of the top 10% would be $3.761 trillion....hmmm... still $12 trillion short! Any more ideas?
Wait why don't we just tax those evil people that pay taxes the 50%ers at 100%
50%ers paid $1.012 Trillion at average rate of 13.8% GREAT! $7,333 Trillion collected. hmmmm still $ 8 trillion short. OH Well government
Summary of Latest Federal Income Tax Data
be saving billions right???
2011Incometaxreturns.png

No "whoooosh". Just quoting what you said . Put up or shut up.

Who owns slaves in the USA? If anyone is enslaving it's the democrats. Fact

Not a fact . What dem owns slaves?? Lol, you righties are such drama queens.

Woooooshhhhh right over Timmy's head yet again

Every thing goes over Timmys head...except the well water,unfortunately it's only neck deep.

Deflection noted.

Sucks when people call y'all out on the stupid shit you say .

Who owns slaves in the USA? If anyone is enslaving it's the democrats. Fact

Not a fact . What dem owns slaves?? Lol, you righties are such drama queens.

Woooooshhhhh right over Timmy's head yet again

Every thing goes over Timmys head...except the well water,unfortunately it's only neck deep.

Deflection noted.

Sucks when people call y'all out on the stupid shit you say .

Come on Timmy...you know the falling in the well jokes are here to stay.

Another woooooosh. I'm talking about democrat policy you insufferable twit, not the actual owing of slaves.

Well then , do tell. Let's here the details .

Thats "hear".....
Normally I dont get into correcting spelling but I made a typo recently and your buddies jumped on it like stink on shit.
I'll just call it evening the score.....sorry it had to be you.

Another woooooosh. I'm talking about democrat policy you insufferable twit, not the actual owing of slaves.

Well then , do tell. Let's here the details .

Hear, not here. Which leads me to believe you couldn't grasp them

Auto correct .

Do you ever put up? You say outlandish shit all the time . When confronted, you reply with insults .

Forum List

Back