Will an Infrastructure deal with the Ds be Possible?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
The reason I ask is that no later than the first paystub in February the race to get from high SALT to low SALT states will be on. A migration from mostly blue/purple states to mostly red states is one problem other problems include:

The money will go further in generally milder weather states which is generally a red state long suit.

The shrinkage of relative tax base is likely to grow at an exponential/factorial rate and is a mostly Blue state problem.

Further bond downgrades in mostly blue states will also increase Blue costs relative to Red costs.

I don't buy the happy face news of the Ds voting for an infrastructure bill, do you?

The reason I ask is that no later than the first paystub in February the race to get from high SALT to low SALT states will be on. A migration from mostly blue/purple states to mostly red states is one problem other problems include:

The money will go further in generally milder weather states which is generally a red state long suit.

The shrinkage of relative tax base is likely to grow at an exponential/factorial rate and is a mostly Blue state problem.

Further bond downgrades in mostly blue states will also increase Blue costs relative to Red costs.

I don't buy the happy face news of the Ds voting for an infrastructure bill, do you?

Is this post serious?

Ds will obstruct as usual....after all the sky is falling.

Trump has to be careful the "infrastructure" spending doesn't end up being wasted on public employee salaries, benefits, and pensions like the shovel ready jobs money did.

Ds will obstruct as usual....after all the sky is falling.

^^^ we have a winner :eusa_clap:

Very possible! A majority of those jobs will be state/county and city jobs! Those are Union jobs and Democrats will NOT fight that. Trump sells unions on job growth? Pity the Democrats that argue it. Trump is going to put a move on Democrats strangle on the union's then this is where to do it.

And have no doubt it would!

As long as it doesn't touch the shared interest of keeping our roads, bridges and general infrastructure within the hands of the people.

Giving it to ceo's that care more about making money in china is a big no, no.

I'd love to see a few trillion dollars invested in our infrastructure!

Remember how Trump screwed over contractors and workers.

That's how Republicans are. They will never vote for infrastructure. Unless there is something shady where they can somehow scam tons of money.

As long as it doesn't touch the shared interest of keeping our roads, bridges and general infrastructure within the hands of the people.

Giving it to ceo's that care more about making money in china is a big no, no.

I'd love to see a few trillion dollars invested in our infrastructure!
There is nothing left. Republicans already gave it away.

Why?

Because business is having a hard time? No. Business is sitting on trillions.

Because we need more jobs? No. We already have a record breaking 6 million unfilled jobs.

Because we need to educate workers? No. We don't have the money for that. Republicans had to slash education.

About the only thing we can do is bring in educated immigrants. What else is there?

Very possible! A majority of those jobs will be state/county and city jobs! Those are Union jobs and Democrats will NOT fight that. Trump sells unions on job growth? Pity the Democrats that argue it. Trump is going to put a move on Democrats strangle on the union's then this is where to do it.

Even if AZ asks for the wall as needed infrastructure?

The truth about the Democrat Politicians is that they are more interested in stealing than actually solving problems

The truth about the Democrat Politicians is that they are more interested in stealing than actually solving problems

A massive speed up in tax base erosion in high SALT states would ruin them and better infrastructure will speed up migration to red states. Although DF's point is also valid the Ds need a way to buy votes now that they have to downsize so much.

The wall IS infrastructure! It will require nee bridges and such. Even a pipeline requires a bit of infrastructure such as electric and a service road. Those are mostly blue collar Union jobs. You put the Democrats Union base to work for you and they WILL vote for you. What if Trump could take those states unions? How much does that cost Democrats in votes and money?
If he can have their taxes cut which is done and have them working by 2020? That race would be over!

After the GOP tax scam you have the nerve to say something like that?

Remember, Democrats worked to get healthcare for millions more.

Republicans worked to take it away.

Democrats want school lunches for poor children.

Republicans worked to take it away.

Democrats believe in equal pay for equal work.

Something Republicans have fought.

Democrats love clean air and clean water.

Republicans want to dismantle the EPA so we could live in filth.

That's just the reality. The way things are with the GOP.

And now, we have this tax scam. Enormous redistribution of wealth to the top 1%.

After all the damage the GOP has caused with their lying, people are tending to not believe GOP lies for a while. Course, they'll forget. They forgot after Reagan and then again after Bush.

And Republicans have come back strong. Even worse than the last time. Now they report to Putin.

The wall IS infrastructure! It will require nee bridges and such. Even a pipeline requires a bit of infrastructure such as electric and a service road. Those are mostly blue collar Union jobs. You put the Democrats Union base to work for you and they WILL vote for you. What if Trump could take those states unions? How much does that cost Democrats in votes and money?
If he can have their taxes cut which is done and have them working by 2020? That race would be over!

I don't disagree with your analysis and I doubt the Ds do either but I do disagree with your conclusion, would you vote for something that increases your probability of going to jail, if so, for what reason? Right now the Ds in congress with sense are looking at the tax bill and trying to figure out who they go to for a plea bargain. Game over they lost.

The difference between Republicans and Democrats shows up in the states they control.

In Democratic states, the best:
Schools
Houses
Companies
Workers
Jobs

In Republicans states, the best:

Wait a second, I'll think of something.

Or not.

Forum List

Back