Will Assad win in Syria? (discussion/debate)

Will Assad win in Syria?

• Total voters

BoP

Rookie
Mar 17, 2014
It seems to be that Assad will win in Syria within the next 3 to 5 years. I believe we are hurting America's credibility and prestige when calling for his step down. I wrote an article on my home site describing not only the Syrian civil war but why Assad will take this one home and the fact the USA will end up on the wrong side.
thebalanceofpower.webs.com/assad-s-syria

So I wanted to know from those with more expertise as well as those who have a bone to pick with me as I think I will be getting some flack for promoting such a pragmatic worldview.
Do you believe an Assad victory in Syria is inevitable and if it is how should the USA be responding?

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP4gi9ReIPg]Syrian Girl NATO's Secret Agenda In Syria - YouTube[/ame]

LABWEH, Lebanon (AP) — The Lebanese army sent commandos to the tense border area with Syria on Monday, bracing for another spillover of the conflict next door as Syrian rebels continued to flee into Lebanon after the fall of their stronghold to President Bashar Assad's forces.

Lebanon sends army to Syria border as rebels flee

Tinmore , how do you feel about Hezbollah sending fighters to Syria to assist Assad?

It seems to be that Assad will win in Syria within the next 3 to 5 years. I believe we are hurting America's credibility and prestige when calling for his step down. I wrote an article on my home site describing not only the Syrian civil war but why Assad will take this one home and the fact the USA will end up on the wrong side.

So I wanted to know from those with more expertise as well as those who have a bone to pick with me as I think I will be getting some flack for promoting such a pragmatic worldview.
Do you believe an Assad victory in Syria is inevitable and if it is how should the USA be responding?

I thought Obama drew a line in the sand?

WTF

Tinmore , how do you feel about Hezbollah sending fighters to Syria to assist Assad?

It is wrong for foreign interests to overthrow the Syrian government.

I support the help it gets from Hezbollah to help the Syrians.

Whats wrong cant you decide on the best policy to follow.

Either you are against foreign interests like Hezbollah or you support them, you cant do both

As long a Assad is the only candidate allowed on the ballot...of course he has won already because everyone was too scared to help the syrian people because of outsiders brought in to make them look as bad or worse than Assad.
Losers? The long suffering syria people and refugees.
and Assad still has most of his chemical weapons intact.

Either you are against foreign interests like Hezbollah or you support them, you cant do both

I am consistent. Syria is being attacked by some pretty nasty people.

Hezbollah is keeping a nasty takeover from happening.

You have no fricking idea what you are talking about. Syrian people are no nasty, they just wanted to end the tyranny of the Assad regime.
As for al Qaida, they came in long after hezbullah did from iraq, iran and afghanistan and are paid by Assad.
You have no idea what is happening in Syria but you can't wait to put your two cents in. Do us a favor and buy yourself a clue with it instead.
Hezbullah has no business in Syria except as Syrian proxies they serve Iran and Syria. They should not have been armed in Lebanon and should not be interfering in Lebanese
politics or bringing Syria's war to Lebanon, but it does. It is illegal for them to be armed let alone waging war anywhere. But you keep singing their praises and letting them kill and suppress people like a good apologist. You think it OK for them to fire on Israeli soldiers patrolling the UN Blue line, or infiltrating into Israel? Instigating a war with Israel from Lebanon to distract from Assad barrel bombing hundreds of thousands of his own people or keep his chemical weapons? How many should suffer because of Assad and Hezbullah to satisfy your blood lust? 5 million? 7 million? 10 million?
How many billions should it cost the world before someone like you realizes Assad is the nasty, not the syria people?
You are keeping a monster in power that tortures prisoners and brutalizes his country. He has caused tens of billions in damage that he cannot pay to rebuild or repair, but you don't seem to care. Maybe you want to give him the money from your own pocket to keep fighting and killing those who he is supposed to serve.

I thought Obama drew a line in the sand?

WTF

Obama did drew a line in the sand. But to be blunt (and this is as political neutral as possible) his lines in the sand seem to be written in pencil not in ink. We have to figure out some way to able to save face in Syria because all we are doing is antagonizing a foreign government by supporting its insurgency and recognizing it the insurgency as legitimate.
If the insurgency wins then we have gained a valuable ally and/or destruction of an enemy government. If we loose and that foreign government in this case Assad's Syria wins there will be huge amounts of bad blood between our government and Assad's adding gasoline to an already inflamed situation in the Middle East.

We supported the Shah in Iran and allowed him to fall in his country leading to huge amounts of hatred between the new Iranian government and ourselves. Look whether or not Hezbollah is involved or
Al-Qadea is involved isn't up for debate at this point.
The bigger picture is we have aligned ourselves with an opposition that is probably going to lose at the end.
We have to either put up huge amounts of military aid and weapons behind the opposition (including unfortunately the Islamists) or somehow do an about face and distance ourselves.
Geo politics 101 once you break it you buy it. If you support a government it can not fall and if you support an insurgency it can not loose.
We threw ourselves into Syria on the side of the opposition and now unfortunately the Syrian problem is also now an American problem.

Last edited:

Ok, but Assad and his forces are some nasty people too. They are massacring their own people

Assad is a heartless butcher, similar to Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot and countless other butchers. He should not be in power but everyone is all mouth and no ass and so in the end, he'll win. Because if he were to lose the other side will have their dictator butcher. Same old same old.

You have no fricking idea what you are talking about. Syrian people are no nasty, they just wanted to end the tyranny of the Assad regime.
As for al Qaida, they came in long after hezbullah did from iraq, iran and afghanistan and are paid by Assad.
You have no idea what is happening in Syria but you can't wait to put your two cents in. Do us a favor and buy yourself a clue with it instead.
Hezbullah has no business in Syria except as Syrian proxies they serve Iran and Syria. They should not have been armed in Lebanon and should not be interfering in Lebanese
politics or bringing Syria's war to Lebanon, but it does. It is illegal for them to be armed let alone waging war anywhere. But you keep singing their praises and letting them kill and suppress people like a good apologist. You think it OK for them to fire on Israeli soldiers patrolling the UN Blue line, or infiltrating into Israel? Instigating a war with Israel from Lebanon to distract from Assad barrel bombing hundreds of thousands of his own people or keep his chemical weapons? How many should suffer because of Assad and Hezbullah to satisfy your blood lust? 5 million? 7 million? 10 million?
How many billions should it cost the world before someone like you realizes Assad is the nasty, not the syria people?
You are keeping a monster in power that tortures prisoners and brutalizes his country. He has caused tens of billions in damage that he cannot pay to rebuild or repair, but you don't seem to care. Maybe you want to give him the money from your own pocket to keep fighting and killing those who he is supposed to serve.

I'm no fan of Hezbollah but I am one hell of a fan of the truth and facts. I can put Al Nusra in Syria from January 2012.

The al-Nusra Front released its first public statement on 24 January 2012 in which they called for armed struggle against the Syrian government.

The group claimed responsibility for the 2012 Aleppo bombings, the January 2012 al-Midan bombing, the March 2012 Damascus bombings[17] the murder of journalist Mohammed al-Saeed and possibly the 10 May 2012 Damascus bombings.

Al-Nusra Front - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Assad is a heartless butcher, similar to Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot and countless other butchers. He should not be in power but everyone is all mouth and no ass and so in the end, he'll win. Because if he were to lose the other side will have their dictator butcher. Same old same old.

It's always a choice between a rock and a hard place and the lesser of two evils.

I was just reading up on the state of Libya right now. Holy toledo!

It's completely controlled by wing nut militias now. Notice how quiet our press has been on the "arab spring" anniversaries?

Ok, but Assad and his forces are some nasty people too. They are massacring their own people

With all due respect, I'll take Assad over AQ any day. And think about it. If Texas were to rise up in an armed rebellion against the Obama regime would you expect Obama not to engage in suppressing the rebellion?

Dollars to donuts Washington would be sending troops to Texas to put down an armed rebel force. That's what Assad is doing.

Last edited:

With all due respect, I'll take Assad over AQ any day. And think about it. If Texas were to rise up in an armed rebellion against the Obama regime would you expect Obama not to engage in suppressing the rebellion?

Dollars to donuts Washington would be sending troops to Texas to put down an armed rebel force. That's what Assad is doing.
Both sides are equally bad and nasty. It's the Syrian people who are paying the price.

It's always a choice between a rock and a hard place and the lesser of two evils.

I was just reading up on the state of Libya right now. Holy toledo!

It's completely controlled by wing nut militias now. Notice how quiet our press has been on the "arab spring" anniversaries?

This brings up a nice point. In the Middle East many times it is between the lesser of two evils. Invading Iraq and taking down Saddam Hussein has completely destabilized the country with constant fighting and brought Iraq and Iran closer than ever before.
Even the Democracy in Egypt that led to Muslim Brotherhood control had to be undone by a military coup. Its a tricky part of the world where things aren't always black and white

Tehran (AFP) - Iran's foreign minister said Monday that Tehran is "ready to help any logical attempts" to end the Syrian conflict, during a visit by UN-Arab League envoy to Syria Lakhdar Brahimi.

Tehran was excluded from the talks after Ban reversed a last-minute invitation when Syria's opposition said it would boycott if Iran took part.

The United States and other Western nations say Iran must first support a June 2012 declaration by the major powers calling for a transitional government in Syria before it can play a frontline role in peace talks.

Iran refuses to consent to a transitional government, saying that "the best solution is to organise free and fair elections inside Syria."

Iran says 'ready to help' end Syria war

Holy shit! "the best solution is to organise free and fair elections inside Syria."

No wonder we do not want those crazy Iranians. We don't want any ideas like that infiltrating the peace talks.

Forum List

Back