Will Ferrell is Ronald Reagan

Funny how Hollywood loves movies about republican presidents. There were a handful of flicks about Nixon and even one that used Nixon's middle name "Millhaus" (yuk yuk) while he was still in office. You can still find a tired old movie today about Nixon on HBO whenever a democrat president gets in trouble. For the first time in history Hollywood promoted a movie describing in detail the fictional assassination of a sitting President "The Assassination of George Bush" and they never apologized. You can still find the tired old movie "W" on HBO or Showtime if you are interested in the boring life of George W. Bush. The strange thing is that the Clinton administration had every freaking thing that Hollywood loves about movies including sex, drugs, unexplained deaths and Rock and Roll but for somne (political?) reason Hollywood is reluctant to produce a movie about the most interesting presidential family in history. Meanwhile Hollywood seems to think a comedy about Reagan's Alzheimer condition is important. Go figure.

I think Will Ferrell can be funny, and I thought Old School and Anchorman and Step-Brothers were a riot,, but there is nothing funny at all about Alzheimer's Disease. Cancer might kill you, but Alzheimer's robs you of yourself. It's a devastating disease to watch.

Will Ferrell doesn't have an ounce of talent unless one enjoys watching someone else acting like an idiot.

Summary of the movie: According to the report, the film, titled “Reagan,” tells the story of a White House intern who is tasked with making the president think that he is an actor playing the role of the commander-in-chief.

That sounds pretty damn hilarious.

Maybe they should make one about Bill Clinton

Call it...All the Presidents Ladies

Have to be careful for it to tell the facts, and not achieve an XXX rating

Horrible idea in frighteningly bad taste from a guy, Ferrell, who is not and never has been anywhere near as funny as he gets credit for.

Will Ferrell doesn't have an ounce of talent unless one enjoys watching someone else acting like an idiot.
isn't that why we go to the movies ? bill clinton will play harriet tubman.

i have to say though that steve carrel was great in the big short. so comedians like to stretch out when they can.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back