Will Greta Thunberg go the way of so many other child stars?

I said no such thing. You know perfectly well what her successes have been and you hate her for them because they've made clear what a failure you're life has been. When was the last time they asked you (or anyone like you) to speak at the UN?
Is that her success? Being asked to speak at the UN?

No, they would never ask anyone like me to speak at the UN. They do ask people like this though:

1670785610627.png

1670785635052.png

1670785655067.png

1670785685714.png

1670785725588.png

1670785828538.png

Darn! I'll never be "successful" enough to be in such esteemed company!

Care to explain what harm Ms Thunberg has done you?
None that I know of. She hasn't swayed any decision makers actions with her parent-orchastrated juvenile theatrics. She only appeals to Dem groomers who love more than anything the idea of kids who they can treat like adults.

Children in child pageants haven't harmed me either but I object to them anyway. Like Greta, they are victims of stage parents who feed them to chicken hawks.

Putting her picture among International America hating Mass murdering scumbags was not meant as an insult to her. Only too show the kind of people that the United Nation regularly gives a platform to. Therefore the claim that being invited to speak to the United Nations is some sort of well-deserved honor is false.

However, if your point is that I was being snarky to a child I will own it. She is still a child with a behavioral disability, and it is not her fault that some adults are foolish enough to take her antics seriously. If I ever meet greta, I assure you I will apologize to her.

What is this crap about Greta Thunberg not having a mind of her own? I decided that I was an agnostic in 7th grade while in a Catholic school. I regarded the adults as dummies.

What happens to Thunberg's future depends on the climate. If the climate models are mostly correct over the next 20 years she can talk about the old dead assholes who said she was wrong and how screwed up the world is because so many people believed the assholes.

That FASD is really coming to the fore now that she's a few years older. That and a hateful heart.

Once you see it you can't unsee it. Such a sad state for anyone--of course like many diseases, through no fault of their own.

What is this crap about Greta Thunberg not having a mind of her own? I decided that I was an agnostic in 7th grade while in a Catholic school. I regarded the adults as dummies.
So you were a rebellious teenager. Very typical. Greta is not rebelling. She performing under parental management as child stars do.

Teens on the spectrum are not typical. The often internalize slogans from parents and mindlessly repeat them. They get angry at any disagreement because they have not analysed their position to be ready to counter disagreement.

What happens to Thunberg's future depends on the climate. If the climate models are mostly correct over the next 20 years she can talk about the old dead assholes who said she was wrong and how screwed up the world is because so many people believed the assholes.
I hope that is parody. Of course the climate are not mostly correct. The climate models have predicted disastrous life ending swings in climate for at least five decades I've seen first hand. Meanwhile the population grows and life exectancy increases.

The only good news for Greta is that she now has the legal right to get out from under her parents' thumb. I look forward to a "Mommy Dearest" type tell all.

Last edited:
Of course the climate are not mostly correct. The climate models have predicted disastrous life ending swings in climate for at least five decades I've seen first hand.

Your claim is false.

From a study evaluating the performance of past global climate models.

Climate models

Abstract​

Retrospectively comparing future model projections to observations provides a robust and independent test of model skill. Here we analyze the performance of climate models published between 1970 and 2007 in projecting future global mean surface temperature (GMST) changes. Models are compared to observations based on both the change in GMST over time and the change in GMST over the change in external forcing. The latter approach accounts for mismatches in model forcings, a potential source of error in model projections independent of the accuracy of model physics. We find that climate models published over the past five decades were skillful in predicting subsequent GMST changes, with most models examined showing warming consistent with observations, particularly when mismatches between model-projected and observationally estimated forcings were taken into account.

grl59922-fig-0001-m.jpg

grl59922-fig-0002-m.jpg

grl59922-fig-0003-m.jpg

Conclusions and Discussion​

In general, past climate model projections evaluated in this analysis were skillful in predicting subsequent GMST warming in the years after publication. While some models showed too much warming and a few showed too little, most models examined showed warming consistent with observations, particularly when mismatches between projected and observationally informed estimates of forcing were taken into account. We find no evidence that the climate models evaluated in this paper have systematically overestimated or underestimated warming over their projection period. The projection skill of the 1970s models is particularly impressive given the limited observational evidence of warming at the time, as the world was thought to have been cooling for the past few decades (e.g., Broecker, 1975; Broecker, 2017).

A number of high-profile model projections—H88 Scenarios A and B and the IPCC FAR in particular—have been criticized for projecting higher warming rates than observed (e.g., Michaels & Maue, 2018). However, these differences are largely driven by mismatches between projected and observed forcings. H88 A and B forcings increased 97% and 27% faster, respectively, than the mean observational estimate, and FAR forcings increased 55% faster. On an implied TCR basis, all three projections have high model skill scores and are consistent with observations.

While climate models have grown substantially more complex than the early models examined here, the skill that early models have shown in successfully projecting future warming suggests that climate models are effectively capturing the processes driving the multidecadal evolution of GMST. While the relative simplicity of the models analyzed here renders their climate projections operationally obsolete, they may be useful tools for verifying or falsifying methods used to evaluate state-of-the-art climate models. As climate model projections continue to mature, more signals are likely to emerge from the noise of natural variability and allow for the retrospective evaluation of other aspects of climate model projections.

Your claim is false.

From a study evaluating the performance of past global climate models.

Climate models

Abstract​

Retrospectively comparing future model projections to observations provides a robust and independent test of model skill. Here we analyze the performance of climate models published between 1970 and 2007 in projecting future global mean surface temperature (GMST) changes. Models are compared to observations based on both the change in GMST over time and the change in GMST over the change in external forcing. The latter approach accounts for mismatches in model forcings, a potential source of error in model projections independent of the accuracy of model physics. We find that climate models published over the past five decades were skillful in predicting subsequent GMST changes, with most models examined showing warming consistent with observations, particularly when mismatches between model-projected and observationally estimated forcings were taken into account.

grl59922-fig-0001-m.jpg

grl59922-fig-0002-m.jpg

grl59922-fig-0003-m.jpg

Conclusions and Discussion​

In general, past climate model projections evaluated in this analysis were skillful in predicting subsequent GMST warming in the years after publication. While some models showed too much warming and a few showed too little, most models examined showed warming consistent with observations, particularly when mismatches between projected and observationally informed estimates of forcing were taken into account. We find no evidence that the climate models evaluated in this paper have systematically overestimated or underestimated warming over their projection period. The projection skill of the 1970s models is particularly impressive given the limited observational evidence of warming at the time, as the world was thought to have been cooling for the past few decades (e.g., Broecker, 1975; Broecker, 2017).

A number of high-profile model projections—H88 Scenarios A and B and the IPCC FAR in particular—have been criticized for projecting higher warming rates than observed (e.g., Michaels & Maue, 2018). However, these differences are largely driven by mismatches between projected and observed forcings. H88 A and B forcings increased 97% and 27% faster, respectively, than the mean observational estimate, and FAR forcings increased 55% faster. On an implied TCR basis, all three projections have high model skill scores and are consistent with observations.

While climate models have grown substantially more complex than the early models examined here, the skill that early models have shown in successfully projecting future warming suggests that climate models are effectively capturing the processes driving the multidecadal evolution of GMST. While the relative simplicity of the models analyzed here renders their climate projections operationally obsolete, they may be useful tools for verifying or falsifying methods used to evaluate state-of-the-art climate models. As climate model projections continue to mature, more signals are likely to emerge from the noise of natural variability and allow for the retrospective evaluation of other aspects of climate model projections.

Lol! So after 5 Decades of incorrect climate models, your answer is another model that shows that in spite of the obvious, the climate models have been correct all along.

Except for the one part about life on Earth coming to an end, that is?

So you were a rebellious teenager. Very typical. Greta is not rebelling. She performing under parental management as child stars do.
I was 12. Rebellion had nothing to do with it. Religion is moronic.
I hope that is parody. Of course the climate are not mostly correct. The climate models have predicted disastrous life ending swings in climate for at least five decades I've seen first hand. Meanwhile the population grows and life exectancy increases.
Specify one model that predicted "disastrous life ending swings in climate". link?

Lol! So after 5 Decades of incorrect climate models, your answer is another model that shows that in spite of the obvious, the climate models have been correct all along.

Except for the one part about life on Earth coming to an end, that is?
It shows that GCMs have worked quite well and gotten better over time.

I was 12. Rebellion had nothing to do with it. Religion is moronic.

Specify one model that predicted "disastrous life ending swings in climate". link?
How about 50?

Below are the . . . failed doomsday, eco-pocalyptic predictions (with links):

1. 1967: Dire Famine Forecast By 1975
2. 1969: Everyone Will Disappear In a Cloud Of Blue Steam By 1989 (1969)
1672525878508.png

3. 1970: Ice Age By 2000
4. 1970: America Subject to Water Rationing By 1974 and Food Rationing By 1980
5. 1971: New Ice Age Coming By 2020 or 2030
6. 1972: New Ice Age By 2070
7. 1974: Space Satellites Show New Ice Age Coming Fast
8. 1974: Another Ice Age?
9. 1974: Ozone Depletion a ‘Great Peril to Life (data and graph)
10. 1976: Scientific Consensus Planet Cooling, Famines imminent
11. 1980: Acid Rain Kills Life In Lakes (additional link)
12. 1978: No End in Sight to 30-Year Cooling Trend (additional link)
13. 1988: Regional Droughts (that never happened) in 1990s
14. 1988: Temperatures in DC Will Hit Record Highs
15. 1988: Maldive Islands will Be Underwater by 2018 (they’re not)
16. 1989: Rising Sea Levels will Obliterate Nations if Nothing Done by 2000
17. 1989: New York City’s West Side Highway Underwater by 2019 (it’s not)
18. 2000: Children Won’t Know what Snow Is
19. 2002: Famine In 10 Years If We Don’t Give Up Eating Fish, Meat, and Dairy
20. 2004: Britain will Be Siberia by 2024
21. 2008: Arctic will Be Ice Free by 2018
22. 2008: Climate Genius Al Gore Predicts Ice-Free Arctic by 2013
23. 2009: Climate Genius Prince Charles Says we Have 96 Months to Save World
24. 2009: UK Prime Minister Says 50 Days to ‘Save The Planet From Catastrophe’
25. 2009: Climate Genius Al Gore Moves 2013 Prediction of Ice-Free Arctic to 2014
27. 2014: Only 500 Days Before ‘Climate Chaos’
28. 1968: Overpopulation Will Spread Worldwide
29. 1970: World Will Use Up All its Natural Resources
30. 1966: Oil Gone in Ten Years
31. 1972: Oil Depleted in 20 Years
32. 1977: Department of Energy Says Oil will Peak in 1990s
33. 1980: Peak Oil In 2000
34. 1996: Peak Oil in 2020
35. 2002: Peak Oil in 2010
36. 2006: Super Hurricanes!
37. 2005 : Manhattan Underwater by 2015
38. 1970: Urban Citizens Will Require Gas Masks by 1985
39. 1970: Nitrogen buildup Will Make All Land Unusable
1672526145007.png

40. 1970: Decaying Pollution Will Kill all the Fish
41. 1970s: Killer Bees!
42. 1975: The Cooling World and a Drastic Decline in Food Production
43. 1969: Worldwide Plague, Overwhelming Pollution, Ecological Catastrophe, Virtual Collapse of UK by End of 20th Century
44. 1972: Pending Depletion and Shortages of Gold, Tin, Oil, Natural Gas, Copper, Aluminum
45. 1970: Oceans Dead in a Decade, US Water Rationing by 1974, Food Rationing by 1980
46. 1988: World’s Leading Climate Expert Predicts Lower Manhattan Underwater by 2018
47. 2005: Fifty Million Climate Refugees by the Year 2020
48. 2000: Snowfalls Are Now a Thing of the Past
49.1989: UN Warns That Entire Nations Wiped Off the Face of the Earth by 2000 From Global Warming
50. 2011: Washington Post Predicted Cherry Blossoms Blooming in Winter

Last edited:
How about 50?

Below are the . . . failed doomsday, eco-pocalyptic predictions (with links):

1. 1967: Dire Famine Forecast By 1975
2. 1969: Everyone Will Disappear In a Cloud Of Blue Steam By 1989 (1969)
View attachment 743699
3. 1970: Ice Age By 2000
4. 1970: America Subject to Water Rationing By 1974 and Food Rationing By 1980
5. 1971: New Ice Age Coming By 2020 or 2030
6. 1972: New Ice Age By 2070
7. 1974: Space Satellites Show New Ice Age Coming Fast
8. 1974: Another Ice Age?
9. 1974: Ozone Depletion a ‘Great Peril to Life (data and graph)
10. 1976: Scientific Consensus Planet Cooling, Famines imminent
11. 1980: Acid Rain Kills Life In Lakes (additional link)
12. 1978: No End in Sight to 30-Year Cooling Trend (additional link)
13. 1988: Regional Droughts (that never happened) in 1990s
14. 1988: Temperatures in DC Will Hit Record Highs
15. 1988: Maldive Islands will Be Underwater by 2018 (they’re not)
16. 1989: Rising Sea Levels will Obliterate Nations if Nothing Done by 2000
17. 1989: New York City’s West Side Highway Underwater by 2019 (it’s not)
18. 2000: Children Won’t Know what Snow Is
19. 2002: Famine In 10 Years If We Don’t Give Up Eating Fish, Meat, and Dairy
20. 2004: Britain will Be Siberia by 2024
21. 2008: Arctic will Be Ice Free by 2018
22. 2008: Climate Genius Al Gore Predicts Ice-Free Arctic by 2013
23. 2009: Climate Genius Prince Charles Says we Have 96 Months to Save World
24. 2009: UK Prime Minister Says 50 Days to ‘Save The Planet From Catastrophe’
25. 2009: Climate Genius Al Gore Moves 2013 Prediction of Ice-Free Arctic to 2014
27. 2014: Only 500 Days Before ‘Climate Chaos’
28. 1968: Overpopulation Will Spread Worldwide
29. 1970: World Will Use Up All its Natural Resources
30. 1966: Oil Gone in Ten Years
31. 1972: Oil Depleted in 20 Years
32. 1977: Department of Energy Says Oil will Peak in 1990s
33. 1980: Peak Oil In 2000
34. 1996: Peak Oil in 2020
35. 2002: Peak Oil in 2010
36. 2006: Super Hurricanes!
37. 2005 : Manhattan Underwater by 2015
38. 1970: Urban Citizens Will Require Gas Masks by 1985
39. 1970: Nitrogen buildup Will Make All Land Unusable
View attachment 743700
40. 1970: Decaying Pollution Will Kill all the Fish
41. 1970s: Killer Bees!
42. 1975: The Cooling World and a Drastic Decline in Food Production
43. 1969: Worldwide Plague, Overwhelming Pollution, Ecological Catastrophe, Virtual Collapse of UK by End of 20th Century
44. 1972: Pending Depletion and Shortages of Gold, Tin, Oil, Natural Gas, Copper, Aluminum
45. 1970: Oceans Dead in a Decade, US Water Rationing by 1974, Food Rationing by 1980
46. 1988: World’s Leading Climate Expert Predicts Lower Manhattan Underwater by 2018
47. 2005: Fifty Million Climate Refugees by the Year 2020
48. 2000: Snowfalls Are Now a Thing of the Past
49.1989: UN Warns That Entire Nations Wiped Off the Face of the Earth by 2000 From Global Warming
50. 2011: Washington Post Predicted Cherry Blossoms Blooming in Winter

These are crap. Lots of these are from Paul Ehrlich, an ecologist and genuine fear mongerer who had no qualifications in climate science whatsoever. Tell you what, if you can find any of these predictions that came from a study published in a peer reviewed journal and were written by someone with a doctorate in at least a related field, I'll have a look. But I'll bet a dollar to a donut that you won't find a single item in this list meeting that criteria. In the meanwhile, here are some actual predictions from actual scientists published in a peer reviewed document:
1672532407361.png

Does this look like the sort of crap your list addresses? No, it does not. Welcome to actual science.

I wouldn’t even call her a child star. She’s a whiny little twat.

She’s a female child. The only things I listen to children about are toys, video games and cartoons. The only things I listen to women on are fashion, homemaking and child care. So unless I want a recommendation on which American Girl/Barbie to buy me niece or what bulb goes in an Easy Bake oven, I’m not listening to anything Greta has to say.

I wouldn’t even call her a child star. She’s a whiny little twat.

She’s a female child. The only things I listen to children about are toys, video games and cartoons. The only things I listen to women on are fashion, homemaking and child care. So unless I want a recommendation on which American Girl/Barbie to buy me niece or what bulb goes in an Easy Bake oven, I’m not listening to anything Greta has to say.
She's not a star. She's an activist. She doesn't whine. I would suggest she's a great deal less of a child than most her age. Your views on women are archaic. I think the end result of all that is that she's not listening to you.

he's not a star. She's an activist. She doesn't whine. I would suggest she's a great deal less of a child than most her age. Your views on women are archaic. I think the end result of all that is that she's not listening to you
Women need to know their place, whether they’re 5 or 55. That place is NOT involved in politics, business, or any form of activism. She’s a worthless waste of flesh and oxygen. Obviously she was never properly disciplined to learn her place.

These are crap. Lots of these are from Paul Ehrlich, an ecologist and genuine fear mongerer who had no qualifications in climate science whatsoever. Tell you what, if you can find any of these predictions that came from a study published in a peer reviewed journal and were written by someone with a doctorate in at least a related field, I'll have a look. But I'll bet a dollar to a donut that you won't find a single item in this list meeting that criteria. In the meanwhile, here are some actual predictions from actual scientists published in a peer reviewed document:
View attachment 743741

Does this look like the sort of crap your list addresses? No, it does not. Welcome to actual science.
If the "actual science" has not predicted disasters that never came true, where do Greta Thunberg, and Al Gore get their predictions?

Should we just ignore people like them, and wait for actual scientists to start warning us about pending disasters? I'm all for that, if it means that Democrats won't be hawking stuff like this anymore:

2:05

"Some of the models suggest to Dr. Masslowski that there is a 75% chance that the entire north polar (sic) ice cap, during some of the summer months could be completely ice free within the next five to seven years."

That was posted thirteen years ago, and it was not intended by the poster to be a slam against Gore. It was presented with the utmost seriousness. But wait? Gore specifically said that his information came from Dr. Masslowski and other "experts in the science of ice."

Forum List

Back