Will Mrs Obama just bully her way in?

thereisnospoon

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2010
mid south
Topeka HS grads and family members object to the prospect of Mrs Obama's invitation to address graduation ceremony. Cite concerns over logistics and ticket limits.
Parents, kids don?t want first lady at HS graduation | New York Post.
IMO it is an honor for the the wife of the sitting president to speak at a HS graduation. However, in deference to the parents and family members, perhaps she should step back from this one.
Not a political discussion. But one of consideration for the families and friends of the grads.
After all, this is a one time event.

"Mischelle" and "bully" don't fit conceptually....She is one classy and tactful 1st lady...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Those Topeka turds who object r off their rockers...their kids would be telling their kids about the truly fine and historic 1st lady speaking at their graduation...and they're going to deny them that!?!
For WHAT REASON REALLY, other than....

Graduation is not occasioned by standing on a stage or sitting listening to bullshit. NO student who completed all the requirements can legally be denied a diploma.

It's simple enough; see how Moochelle likes ranting in front of an audience of empty chairs.

I'm sure if they bring enough bananas then she'll behave and not throw dung at passerby. What Michelle Antoinette really owes that town and it's graduates is cake. Lot's of cake.

"Mischelle" and "bully" don't fit conceptually....She is one classy and tactful 1st lady...

Ok...This is not about your opinion of Mrs Obama.
The debate is focused on whether or not the First Lady should defer to the wishes of the students and their families or would she ignore those wishes and move forward as planned.

Those Topeka turds who object r off their rockers...their kids would be telling their kids about the truly fine and historic 1st lady speaking at their graduation...and they're going to deny them that!?!

Once again...This discussion is not related to your opinion of Mrs Obama. Nor is it a political discussion.
If you find yourself unable to stay within the boundaries of the debate, please unsubscribe.

Give those kids a choice between a high school graduation where they can invite their friends and family, or going to one where they get treated like criminals, get searched when they enter the building, are unable to bring a change of clothes because all bags are prohibited, have to wait for permission from the government to drive into, and then out of, the facility, and see which they will pick. Hands down, I would skip the graduation rather than have it turned into a side show for a politician.

Graduation is not occasioned by standing on a stage or sitting listening to bullshit. NO student who completed all the requirements can legally be denied a diploma.

It's simple enough; see how Moochelle likes ranting in front of an audience of empty chairs.

Every one of the graduation ceremonies I attended there was standing on a stage and sitting listening to bullshit.
Especially military graduations....

If the reports are true...

If the school invited her...

If she accepted...

If it appears that a majority of students and/or parents don't want her to speak...

She should probably cancel her appearance as graciously as possible and bestow her presence elsewhere, where it's actually wanted...

It is the epitome of good manners not to barge-in where you're not welcome...

If the reports are true...

Last edited:

The grads and their families are objecting. The kids want their families and friends to witness the commencement. They see that as more important than having the wife of the President there.
As anyone knows, when a member of the First Family shows up, the venue and everyone who enters plus all media must be vetted by the Secret Service. Traffic patterns are disrupted. Ordinary citizens are forced to take alternate routes and may not be able to get near the venue. all of which are expected and accepted.
This is a High school graduation. Regular people should not be inconvenienced to the point where they would be barred due to limitations created by the First Lady's visit. Had this been planned so that not one single person who would have been invited would be left out, this would be a moot point.
Now, if anywhere you see a debate about the Mrs Obama herself or your viewpoint, carry on. I have deliberately avoided all references to Mrs Obama the person. This is not about HER.
This is not the forum for that.
If you wish to extol the virtues of Michelle Obama, start you own love in thread.
There will be NO derailment of this thread.

Plus she brings with her the added hassle of additional security precautions for the cermony's guests to deal with too.

But if she's bent on bullying in I'd suggest she come butt first. Let the opposition figure out how to deal with that mass.

I'm sure if they bring enough bananas then she'll behave and not throw dung at passerby. What Michelle Antoinette really owes that town and it's graduates is cake. Lot's of cake.

Come on now. I told another poster who is apparently a huge fan, that this thread was not necessarily about the First Lady and one's opinion of her as a person.
The purpose of this thread was to discuss the logistical issues caused by a visit such as this and whether or not the first lady should decline so that everyone invited can attend the graduation ceremony.

Once again...This discussion is not related to your opinion of Mrs Obama. Nor is it a political discussion.
If you find yourself unable to stay within the boundaries of the debate, please unsubscribe.

Why do you constantly attempt to police the discussion? You want to be a mod?

Grow up.

Probably not true, likely a few KKK-types would prefer the scumbag who tried to kill Jews and failed. It IS Kansasss, after all.

Topeka HS grads and family members object to the prospect of Mrs Obama's invitation to address graduation ceremony. Cite concerns over logistics and ticket limits.
Parents, kids don?t want first lady at HS graduation | New York Post.
IMO it is an honor for the the wife of the sitting president to speak at a HS graduation. However, in deference to the parents and family members, perhaps she should step back from this one.
Not a political discussion. But one of consideration for the families and friends of the grads.
After all, this is a one time event.

Only a very small minority protest. I was not at all worried that President Ford would take away from my graduation day.

Forum List

Back