Will Republicans ever learn? Indiana governor to sign bill allowing business not to serve gays

60668363.jpg

Damn, now she's invoked Hitler in her first 2 post on the thread.

For government to condone businesses discriminate against patrons due to sexual orientation is just as hateful, ugly, and reprehensible as seeking to do the same with African Americans.

That's only relevant is "Sexual Orientation" is declared a protected class... and where the sexual orientation at issue is the one which rationalizes that gratification with members of one's own gender; which is a 180 degree deviation from the human physiological norm, is acceptable, we can know from THAT CHOICE results from a perversion of reasoning... which is to say a mental disorder.

Therefore the Government is declaring MENTAL DISORDER AS A PROTECTED CLASS.

Such is therefore a failure of government. Thus presenting a decay in government, therefore dying culture.

Which is about as reprehensible, and ugly as it gets.

I realize this approach won't be popular, but let's take a moment to "think things through".

What are these people going to do, hang a "NO GAYS ALLOWED" sign on their window? Classy. That would make it easy for people to take a photo of it, and before you know it, everyone on the planet knows about it. Then it won't be just the gay population that doesn't go in there, it would be a large segment of the population, those of us who don't like such simple-minded bigotry. Any restaurant that tried that would see a significant drop in business, and no restaurant can afford that for long. Bye bye!

So you're an anti-gay bigot? Cool. Thanks for letting me know. Put up a big sign so that I'll know, and then I'll also know never to go in there and to tell a few friends about it.

Yeah, pass that law.

"No Gays Allowed" is too simple.

If these bigoted merchants were intellectually honest their signs should read: "Due to our devotion to Jesus Christ who taught 'Love one another as you would be loved' and 'Judge not lest ye be judged', we refuse to serve American citizens who are homosexuals".

Or we could see it as it actually is. Everybody who comes into the store to buy products or a service the merchant has for sale is provided those products and/or service. That has never been an issue in any of these cases.

But if the merchant has for sale wedding cakes for Christian weddings, does it follow that the mechant HAS to also carry wedding cakes for NAMBLA or white supremacists or the Westboro Baptists or any other group engaged in activities or promoting docrine that the Christian cannot condone or support? Or create any other product for such groups that the store does not routinely have for sale? Most especially if the Christian is forced to go to the customer's premises and be seen and participate in an activity the Christian finds offensive or cannot condone? Must a Christian accept everybody and everything in order to practice his/her Christian faith?

Things are never as simple as we sometimes would want them to be.
In the case of wedding vendors; bakers, DJs, photographers, caterers and etc., they do not 'participate' in the wedding. They are not invited guests. They do not officiate durning the service. Their merchandise imperamator is not required to legitimize or confirm the actual marriage. Could you imagine your marriage hanging on the approval of the person who bakes your wedding cake?

They are, in fact, merchants who operate public businesses, that is to say businesses open to the public.

Any refusal to provide their normal services is tantamount to discrimination.

What is to stop such merchants from expanding such discrimination to inter racial couples? As it is legal for inter racial couples to wed, and as it is not a crime to merely be an inter racial couple, discriminating against them is patently illegal and morally wrong.

It is not illegal to merely be a homosexual. A majority of states recognize marriage equality. Why should homosexuals suffer under the bigoted discrimination of merchants who clearly have not thoroughly read their Bibles?

The law stops them from discriminating against "racial couples," whatever they are. Federal law does not prevent anyone from discriminating against gays. Sorry if that gets your panties in a wad.

An individual is not a business using the commons. If they are going to refuse to serve me, they should have to advertise that in advance so I don't waste time or money in their establishment.

Cowards.

So, you would put a yellow star of David in their window, then?

You are so unique, the world has never seen your ilk before...

AUZj9.jpg
Maybe we should force homosexual business owners to put a pink bow on their windows.

But you guys are the ones who, like the Nazis, seek to use the force of law to jail or fine those who simply do not want to service a ceremony that violates their religious convictions and that they find morally offensive, even though you can always very easily just use other vendors.

What happened to your repeated assurance that "if you're not gay, gay marriage won't affect you"? What you should have said was, "If you're not gay, gay marriage won't affect you, UNLESS you happen to be a Christian business owner and do not want to service gay ceremonies because you find them spiritually and morally offensive, even though, admittedly, we could easily find other vendors who would service our ceremonies--and this will be the case no matter how politely you decline to service our ceremonies."

An individual is not a business using the commons. If they are going to refuse to serve me, they should have to advertise that in advance so I don't waste time or money in their establishment.

Cowards.

So, you would put a yellow star of David in their window, then?

You are so unique, the world has never seen your ilk before...

AUZj9.jpg
Maybe we should force homosexual business owners to put a pink bow on their windows.
Like a yellow Star of David armband?

Golly! Some Conservatives sure do not understand what Liberty means!

That's exactly what some of your ilk posting in this thread have suggested for business owners who decline to service gays.

Are you too stupid to follow the damn thread?

Nah, leave that shit to the Nazi democrats.

I was told to leave a gay bar once.

My ex-wife and I were on the motorcycle outside of Ventura and stopped in a bar for a drink. The place was deserted. We got a couple of beers and the crowd started coming in. The bartender then came over and told us that they really didn't allow women, since it was a gay bar and suggested we leave.

We did.

What I'm seeing here is hate filled bigots, spewing their vitriol against people who simply wish to conduct their lives and businesses according to their closely held religious beliefs. Your are the ones trying to force your value system on others and doing it in such a hateful way, I think it's inexcusable.

Remember the same values that give you the freedom to be you, also give me the freedom to be free from you. I see this as nothing more than atheist trying to further their persecution of people of faith, just another attempt by the left to destroy the 1st Amendment. The freedom to exercise one's religious beliefs as they see fit and the right of citizens to associate with the people they chose, are bedrock principles of this country that the left has been chipping away for decades. Now that the pendulum is swinging the other way you're having fits and calling names like spoiled little children.

And if businesses in Indiana openly or underhandedly maintain a position that they will not do business with gays, other people and other businesses will choose not to do business in Indiana

So those wishing to hold a convention will choose venues in other states. Sports leagues will choose other locations for major events

It works both ways

I understand it works both ways, it's your side that thinks it doesn't and wish to force your values on others. But as more and more states adopt similar laws to protect their religious majorities from state sponsored violations of the 1st Amendment, then people who agree with them will seek to do business with them. People are getting fed up with radical liberalism and radical atheist.

Actually, most Americans back gay rights and gay marriage

You are in the minority

And yes, we forced our values on the south when we ended segregation

Convenient how those poll are done, how many actually ask: Do you support forcing businesses to provide services they religiously object to?

You ask that question in one of your polls and get back to me on how I'm in the minority. Polls are designed to get a predetermined result most of the time just by the way they phrase their questions.

You mean a poll that asks should we go back to the pre Civil Rights......"We don't sereve n*ggers here"?

Sure, go ahead and ask that question and see how many hang up on you.

Stand strong Indiana! Don't let the economic terrorist threats stop you from doing what's right! No more will faggots and their allies be allowed to destroy business using their terrorist acts.

Sure we will. We'll use social media.

Yelpers Take Hilarious Revenge on We Don t Like Fags Restaurant

They can be sued for that.

Of course they can and no doubt will be.

In truth, no one is talking about not 'serving' homosexuals... and this despite the Left's deceitful attempt to project such upon the issue, this as a fraudulent means to influence the ignorant.

It's typical of evil... as such is its stock in trade.

Episodes like these are just attempts by gays to gain respectability by stomping out all opposition. It's spectacularly Orwellian, but these vermin are constantly spouting off about "freedom" and their "rights" when they obviously don't give a damn about anyone else's rights.

I never used to be hostile to gay people until I started posting in forums like this one. Over the years I've learned that they are the most dishonest, spiteful, hypocritical, hostile and authoritarian people on this planet.

You never had this hostility before reading stuff on forums? Then the ones you knew in real life probably weren't so bad. The only reason gays are the whipping boys is because love of guns, hatred of gays, hatred of abortion, hatred of the poor, is the only thing republicans have to offer a right wing working stiff. The base they focus their love on is corporations and billionaires. When you're down and out , a democrat will give you a hand. A republican (politician) will spit on you and tell you to get a job.

Exactly how would a business know your gay? When you go into a restaurant, nightclub, shopping mall ect they don't ask if your gay or not. I suspect this applies to very specific things such as bakers and florist not wanting to do gay marriages because of their religious beliefs. The left may now continue with their over the top hysteria.
Have you never seen a person who you just knew was gay?
I have seen some I thought were gay but the majority as far as I can tell don't go out of their way to for lack of a better discretion act gay.

In the case of wedding vendors; bakers, DJs, photographers, caterers and etc., they do not 'participate' in the wedding. They are not invited guests.

So what are they, slaves beholden to your orders?

Leftism is totalitarian by nature - as this again demonstrates.

He says DJs, photographers and caterers don't participate in weddings. They don't? That's news to me.

What I'm seeing here is hate filled bigots, spewing their vitriol against people who simply wish to conduct their lives and businesses according to their closely held religious beliefs. Your are the ones trying to force your value system on others and doing it in such a hateful way, I think it's inexcusable.

Remember the same values that give you the freedom to be you, also give me the freedom to be free from you. I see this as nothing more than atheist trying to further their persecution of people of faith, just another attempt by the left to destroy the 1st Amendment. The freedom to exercise one's religious beliefs as they see fit and the right of citizens to associate with the people they chose, are bedrock principles of this country that the left has been chipping away for decades. Now that the pendulum is swinging the other way you're having fits and calling names like spoiled little children.
We are hate-filled bigots against hate-filled bigots. Go figure.

Why do you hate religious people who wish to practice their faith?

Exactly how would a business know your gay? When you go into a restaurant, nightclub, shopping mall ect they don't ask if your gay or not. I suspect this applies to very specific things such as bakers and florist not wanting to do gay marriages because of their religious beliefs. The left may now continue with their over the top hysteria.
Have you never seen a person who you just knew was gay?
I have seen some I thought were gay but the majority as far as I can tell don't go out of their way to for lack of a better discretion act gay.

Of course they don't, but they can't help it.

Come on Republicans

I know you love to pander to your gay hating base. But are you ever going to learn?

Indiana Governor Mike Pence is ready to sign into law a bill allowing businesses to refuse service to gays for "religious reasons" . All this ten days before the NCAA Final Four comes to Indianapolis. So what was once an opportunity to show the country what a great location his state is for major events, now becomes a poster child for "We hate gays".
See how many Final Fours come back to Indianapolis. Superbowl? Forget it Mike

But at least you got to score points with your gay hating base

Republicans just can't help themselves.

Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers - CNN.com
This is a wonderful bill. Gays need to know where their place is in society. This bill will allow faith based businesses to put them there.......legally.

Stand strong Indiana! Don't let the economic terrorist threats stop you from doing what's right! No more will faggots and their allies be allowed to destroy business using their terrorist acts.

Sure we will. We'll use social media.

Yelpers Take Hilarious Revenge on We Don t Like Fags Restaurant

In truth, no one is talking about not 'serving' homosexuals... and this despite the Left's deceitful attempt to project such upon the issue, this as a fraudulent means to influence the ignorant.

Episodes like these are just attempts by gays to gain respectability by stomping out all opposition. It's spectacularly Orwellian, but these vermin are constantly spouting off about "freedom" and their "rights" when they obviously don't give a damn about anyone else's rights.

I never used to be hostile to gay people until I started posting in forums like this one. Over the years I've learned that they are the most dishonest, spiteful, hypocritical, hostile and authoritarian people on this planet.

You never had this hostility before reading stuff on forums? Then the ones you knew in real life probably weren't so bad. The only reason gays are the whipping boys is because love of guns, hatred of gays, hatred of abortion, hatred of the poor, is the only thing republicans have to offer a right wing working stiff. The base they focus their love on is corporations and billionaires. When you're down and out , a democrat will give you a hand. A republican (politician) will spit on you and tell you to get a job.

No, the reason people are becoming hostile towards gays is because they are tired of constantly having the gay lifestyle rubbed in their faces. They are tired of having their kids brainwashed with gay propaganda in schools. They are tired of being forced to cater to gay events. They are tired of seeing gay pride parades and grown men masturbating in public. They are tired of being hectored by gay activists.

No, the reason people are becoming hostile towards gays is because they are tired of constantly having the gay lifestyle rubbed in their faces. They are tired of having their kids brainwashed with gay propaganda in schools. They are tired of being forced to cater to gay events. They are tired of seeing gay pride parades and grown men masturbating in public. They are tired of being hectored by gay activists.
You mean like the gay bashers constantly berate the gays and make it out like the gays are an abomination on mankind? You think only gays masterbate? WTF is wrong with you?

You mean like the gay bashers constantly berate the gays and make it out like the gays are an abomination on mankind? You think only gays masterbate? WTF is wrong with you?

They're the only ones who do it in public on a regular basis.

You democrats started attacking civil rights in the 90's, and it has gotten progressively worse. Now the left is in open war to crush all civil liberty. I think you'd like to spark a civil war if you could, so that the Constitution could be easily discarded on the pretext of civil stability. I'm pretty sure that is the angle of Obama and his handlers, to heap injury upon insult, to spit in the eye of every right held by Americans, in an attempt to prompt a violent reaction from citizens. The question I keep asking you leftists is if you succeed in sparking the civil war you yearn for, are you really certain you'll win?

Forum List

Back