Will Republicans ever learn? Indiana governor to sign bill allowing business not to serve gays

Come on Republicans

I know you love to pander to your gay hating base. But are you ever going to learn?

Indiana Governor Mike Pence is ready to sign into law a bill allowing businesses to refuse service to gays for "religious reasons" . All this ten days before the NCAA Final Four comes to Indianapolis. So what was once an opportunity to show the country what a great location his state is for major events, now becomes a poster child for "We hate gays".
See how many Final Fours come back to Indianapolis. Superbowl? Forget it Mike

But at least you got to score points with your gay hating base

Republicans just can't help themselves.

Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers - CNN.com
The white christian party cries that they are being persecuted for their religion, and yet pass laws to making it OK discriminate against another group :cuckoo:

They are screaming for the right of their religion to persecute others

Refusing to bake someone a cake is not "persecuting" them, you fucking moron.

Yes it is and the law goes beyond cakes and beyond participation in gay marriages

It relates to public accommodation and undoes everything we have fought for for 50 years

I honestly believe most Republicans have seen the light on gay rights

We're not speaking of Republicans, we're speaking of Americans; which is to say those who recognize, respect, defend and adhere to the principles that define America... OKA: Natural Principles.

Admit it....you have lost
Gay Marriage will be the law of the land by June

An no, Americans do not support you

Most Republicans have given up on the issue and just wish it would go away. It makes them lose votes and credibility with younger voters
Nice projection there. So when the democrats changed their mind and began voting for gay marriage it was only because they were loosing votes and credibility? Or did the democrats vote against gay marriage in the past because otherwise they would loose votes and credibility?

I think most democrats looked at things like DADT and civil unions as a middle ground where the homosexual issue would settle and go away

It did not work out that way and thankfully so

Republicans realize this is a losing issue for them in 2016 and would like it to just go away. The Supreme Court deciding for them keeps them from having to state a position either way

But there is the radical Fag Haters who just can't drop it
So no fag haters that are democrats? Would you have a link to some statistics that back up your apparent claim that democrat fag haters were just kidding and/or being pragmatic, but now their true love of fags is coming out... where the republicans are mostly still fag haters that are hoping the issue disappears? Or is this just some bullshit you are pulling out of your ass?

That appears to be the extent of your legal knowledge.

It more than qualifies me to discuss legal matters on USMB

You aren't qualified to discuss legal matters on teletubbies.
In order to fulfill your beliefs we would have to bring back the right of businesses to refuse to serve anyone they didn't like.

That's why a biz should be forced to identify before hand what group they won't serve. Eventually they would either be bankrupted or driven into the underground economy because Wal-Mart or Amazon will destroy them.

That's precisely why they shouldn't be forced to identify.

They shouldn't be allowed to advertise they provide a service, if they have no intention of providing that to someone. They don't have any right to hide their bigotry or beliefs, if they choose to run a business on them. And then the rest of us, who might buy from them or from another, can make our commercial decisions on any bigotry or believe that we choose to act on. It's the same as when we had signs like this.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3bhsEChcjNw/TlZXbdJSZKI/AAAAAAAAR5w/0LMsaqqXxck/s1600/Bruce+Davidson6336.jpg

Vandalizing their property, however, would be wrong.

Fuck you. They do have the right to tell people whatever they like so long as it isn't fraudulent. Who put you in charge of deciding what rights people have?

Cowards. They are cowards. They want to throw rocks and hide their hands.

Yelp will take care of the bigots, but they should still have to advertise that they will discriminate.

no-gays-allowed.jpg

You and your perverted ilk are the ones throwing rocks. Some people simply decline to participate in gay weddings, and that is their right. They have no obligation to announce their beliefs to the entire world, just as gay people aren't obligated to come out of the closet.

I said:
We're not speaking of Republicans, we're speaking of Americans; which is to say those who recognize, respect, defend and adhere to the principles that define America... OKA: Natural Principles.

Gay Marriage will be the law of the land by June ...

Marriage is the joining of one man and one woman.

For you, it may very well be

Marriage is, a law of nature, which requires such is he joining of one man and one woman.

FYI: another Law of Nature is that lending money to people on the basis of a deviant interpretation of 'fairness: defined as "Everyone deserves to own their own home", will lead to the catastrophic failure of loans made on such.

(Reader, you should know that the above cited contributor and 100% of those who agree with him with regard to rejecting the natural law of marriage, were in total support of the Left's decades long effort to coerce the Financial Industry into dropping the longstanding, sustaining actuarial lending principles, for the Left's perverse definition of fairness. And well, you remember how that worked out. What you may not know is that the financial industry, while an important element of the culture, is irrelevant in terms of sustaining the culture, when compared to the Nucleus of the Culture; OKA: Marriage. And while the Leftist policy that modified lending principle lead to financial catastrophe... the consequences of what they're foolishly proposing here will be exponentially more destructive. In truth, you've no means to so much as imagine the brutality to come from following their road map BACK to humanity's understanding of natural law.)

Nobody is forcing you to marry someone against your beliefs

You just can't force the government to accept your biggotry

Come on Republicans

I know you love to pander to your gay hating base. But are you ever going to learn?

Indiana Governor Mike Pence is ready to sign into law a bill allowing businesses to refuse service to gays for "religious reasons" . All this ten days before the NCAA Final Four comes to Indianapolis. So what was once an opportunity to show the country what a great location his state is for major events, now becomes a poster child for "We hate gays".

The white christian party cries that they are being persecuted for their religion, and yet pass laws to making it OK discriminate against another group :cuckoo:

They are screaming for the right of their religion to persecute others

Refusing to bake someone a cake is not "persecuting" them, you fucking moron.

Yes it is and the law goes beyond cakes and beyond participation in gay marriages

It relates to public accommodation and undoes everything we have fought for for 50 years

Public accommodation law applies to race, creed and national origin, unless a state has passed its own version of it.

That's why a biz should be forced to identify before hand what group they won't serve. Eventually they would either be bankrupted or driven into the underground economy because Wal-Mart or Amazon will destroy them.

They shouldn't be allowed to advertise they provide a service, if they have no intention of providing that to someone. They don't have any right to hide their bigotry or beliefs, if they choose to run a business on them. And then the rest of us, who might buy from them or from another, can make our commercial decisions on any bigotry or believe that we choose to act on. It's the same as when we had signs like this.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3bhsEChcjNw/TlZXbdJSZKI/AAAAAAAAR5w/0LMsaqqXxck/s1600/Bruce+Davidson6336.jpg

Fuck you. They do have the right to tell people whatever they like so long as it isn't fraudulent. Who put you in charge of deciding what rights people have?

Yelp will take care of the bigots, but they should still have to advertise that they will discriminate.

no-gays-allowed.jpg

You and your perverted ilk are the ones throwing rocks. Some people simply decline to participate in gay weddings, and that is their right. They have no obligation to announce their beliefs to the entire world, just as gay people aren't obligated to come out of the closet.
Don't worry, the world will soon know who they are. Trust me, they'll be marked.

I said:

Gay Marriage will be the law of the land by June ...

Marriage is the joining of one man and one woman.

For you, it may very well be

Marriage is, a law of nature, which requires such is he joining of one man and one woman.

FYI: another Law of Nature is that lending money to people on the basis of a deviant interpretation of 'fairness: defined as "Everyone deserves to own their own home", will lead to the catastrophic failure of loans made on such.

(Reader, you should know that the above cited contributor and 100% of those who agree with him with regard to rejecting the natural law of marriage, were in total support of the Left's decades long effort to coerce the Financial Industry into dropping the longstanding, sustaining actuarial lending principles, for the Left's perverse definition of fairness. And well, you remember how that worked out. What you may not know is that the financial industry, while an important element of the culture, is irrelevant in terms of sustaining the culture, when compared to the Nucleus of the Culture; OKA: Marriage. And while the Leftist policy that modified lending principle lead to financial catastrophe... the consequences of what they're foolishly proposing here will be exponentially more destructive. In truth, you've no means to so much as imagine the brutality to come from following their road map BACK to humanity's understanding of natural law.)

Nobody is forcing you to marry someone against your beliefs

You just can't force the government to accept your biggotry
Ah but it's ok to force the government to accept bigotry against Christians.

I realize this approach won't be popular, but let's take a moment to "think things through".

What are these people going to do, hang a "NO GAYS ALLOWED" sign on their window? Classy. That would make it easy for people to take a photo of it, and before you know it, everyone on the planet knows about it. Then it won't be just the gay population that doesn't go in there, it would be a large segment of the population, those of us who don't like such simple-minded bigotry. Any restaurant that tried that would see a significant drop in business, and no restaurant can afford that for long. Bye bye!

So you're an anti-gay bigot? Cool. Thanks for letting me know. Put up a big sign so that I'll know, and then I'll also know never to go in there and to tell a few friends about it.

Yeah, pass that law.

"No Gays Allowed" is too simple.

If these bigoted merchants were intellectually honest their signs should read: "Due to our devotion to Jesus Christ who taught 'Love one another as you would be loved' and 'Judge not lest ye be judged', we refuse to serve American citizens who are homosexuals".

Similarly, as a Christian I take seriously the admonition to simply walk away from those who act uncharitably towards others. I'm ok with either public accommodation laws or allowing anti-gay discrimination. I think discrimination is wrong, but I also realize some people have misguided, but sincere, notions about God and gods. So, long as they don't practice terrorism or violence, I'm ok.

But if they're advertising for my business, I want to exercise my religious beliefs by denying them my trade.

I realize this approach won't be popular, but let's take a moment to "think things through".

What are these people going to do, hang a "NO GAYS ALLOWED" sign on their window? Classy. That would make it easy for people to take a photo of it, and before you know it, everyone on the planet knows about it. Then it won't be just the gay population that doesn't go in there, it would be a large segment of the population, those of us who don't like such simple-minded bigotry. Any restaurant that tried that would see a significant drop in business, and no restaurant can afford that for long. Bye bye!

So you're an anti-gay bigot? Cool. Thanks for letting me know. Put up a big sign so that I'll know, and then I'll also know never to go in there and to tell a few friends about it.

Yeah, pass that law.

"No Gays Allowed" is too simple.

If these bigoted merchants were intellectually honest their signs should read: "Due to our devotion to Jesus Christ who taught 'Love one another as you would be loved' and 'Judge not lest ye be judged', we refuse to serve American citizens who are homosexuals".

Or we could see it as it actually is. Everybody who comes into the store to buy products or a service the merchant has for sale is provided those products and/or service. That has never been an issue in any of these cases.

But if the merchant has for sale wedding cakes for Christian weddings, does it follow that the mechant HAS to also carry wedding cakes for NAMBLA or white supremacists or the Westboro Baptists or any other group engaged in activities or promoting docrine that the Christian cannot condone or support? Or create any other product for such groups that the store does not routinely have for sale? Most especially if the Christian is forced to go to the customer's premises and be seen and participate in an activity the Christian finds offensive or cannot condone? Must a Christian accept everybody and everything in order to practice his/her Christian faith?

Things are never as simple as we sometimes would want them to be.

no-gays-allowed.jpg

ROFLMNAO!

Yes... remember back when Yelp reported that Chic Fil A was operated by people who recognized the Natural Laws defining Marriage?

MAN! Did THAT change THAT BUSINESS! or WHAT?

"Chick-Fil-A Has 'Record-Setting Day' While Embroiled In Anti-Gay Controversy"

"Chick-fil-A, the chicken restaurant under fire for its president's public comments against same-sex marriage, announced it set new sales records on Wednesday, or as Huckabee renamed it, "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day.""

Chick-Fil-A Has Record-Setting Day While Embroiled In Anti-Gay Controversy

Come on Republicans

My Allah, he is going to allow civil rights?

You Communists must be coming unglued..

I may not be a law professor, but I do watch Judge Judy every day

Thats good enough for USMB

Yet the persecution of the religious majority is a staple of the religion of radical liberalism and radical atheist, but that's ok because it's your side doing it, right?

In order to fulfill your beliefs we would have to bring back the right of businesses to refuse to serve anyone they didn't like.

And it isn't the same. For one thing, homosexuality is a behavior. Race is something you're born with. For another, Jim Crow was mandated by law. It was legally enforced. Businesses were legally barred from serving blacks in the same locations as whites.
blow me, obscene child.

no-gays-allowed.jpg
There will be no problem letting the world know who these fine American Taliban members, assuming that someone doesn't get so pissed off that they burn their business to the ground, which I wouldn't bet against. This is a hot issue, pun intended.

no-gays-allowed.jpg

Don't worry, the world will soon know who they are. Trust me, they'll be marked.

I wouldn't be surprised if the homos all tried to persecute them. That's their infantile modus operandi.

no-gays-allowed.jpg

An individual is not a business using the commons. If they are going to refuse to serve me, they should have to advertise that in advance so I don't waste time or money in their establishment.

Cowards.

Judging from the complete rage on the left over some things and the total lack of rage over others, you'd think that refusing to bake a cake is a far bigger crime that beheading a person. I hear lots of rage over Christians trying to stay true to their beliefs, but none over the horrific treatment of gays by Muslims.

This Muslim barber shop refused to cut a gay woman's hair. Might have been just because she's a woman, but still discriminatory. But that is okay, right lefties?

Gay activists have met their match with Muslim barbers - Saving Our Future

Would a Muslim bakery cater a gay couple's wedding?

We all know Muslims have issues with women, gays, infidels, pork, seeing eye dogs and people who drink. Nary a complaint, but pick on the Christian bakery who would rather pass on someone's business and you're up in arms. Let them choose who to serve and then wreak havoc on them by boycotting or badmouthing. Just don't trample their religious rights just because they think differently.

Should a gay bakery make a cake for an anti-gay rally? Would anyone blame them if they didn't? I wouldn't. I also don't blame others for refusing to go against their religious beliefs.
The only time I object is if they are harming others in the name of religion. Wanting to be left alone is another matter.

Pence has just turned his Final Four into a referendum on gay rights

Is he really that stupid?

Shitflinger, you know this religious exemption to kowtowing to homosexuals is known as "the 1st Amendment to the Constitution," right?

Pence is simply upholding the law of the land. I know you of the demagogue party are dedicated to crushing civil rights, but Pence ain't the bad guy here.

Forum List

Back