Will Republicans lose a Senator in North Carolina and Colorado?

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
Can Pat Tillis and Gardner survive bring associated with Donald Trump?
As I composed this threat they are both trailing their opponents in the polls.
Republicans cannot afford to slip in the Senate. Democrats already control the House.

Republicans cannot afford to slip in the Senate. Democrats already control the House.

Don't forget that in 2018 the democrats won 31 seats in districts that Trump won in 2016.
Those 31 seats will swing back to the GOP in 2020 when Trump is on the ballot.
So the House goes back to the GOP. (The GOP actually only needs 20 of those 31 seats)

Nope. I think Democrats will take both of those. I think Republicans will take back Alabama.
However....the biggest wildcard right now is El Prez dragging Republicans down with him like the proverbial boat anchor.
There are races that are now within reach for Democrats that I thought would never be in reach.
2020 Senate Race ratings | The Cook Political Report

The senate is safe...no one is predicting anything close to the dems taking the senate....everyone's money is on the GOP taking back the house from the ice cream bitch.....

Wishful thinking
Republicans need to hold three seats but are defending 25 while Dems defend 12

The real losses will happen in state houses as Democrat governors are dumped. The demostink will spread.

E="kyzr, post: 24604442, member: 21281"]

Don't forget that in 2018 the democrats won 31 seats in districts that Trump won in 2016.
So the House goes back to the GOP. (The GOP actually only needs 20 of those 31 seats)
[/QUOTE]
Democrats are expected to keep the House.
No, Republicans won't win back those seats they lost only because you want them to win them back.
Put it all together, and Democrats remain favored to hold their House majority.
And you're not even mentioning seats that incumbent Republicans could lose in 2020.

Experts say Democrats will keep their House majority easily.
"Put it all together, and Democrats remain favored to hold their House majority."

Can Pelosi survive another election? I mean seriously, the puff piece of her taking the media on a tour of her designer ice cream hoard while her constituents lived in shit and dirty needles was reminiscent of queen Antoinette.

Obamacare
Tillis was lucky to win in 2016. He has shown himself now to be an aggressive, over the top Trumpanzee, where any politician with a brain would distance himself from the toxicity of being associated with Impeached President Trump. Most experts agree that the Impeached President was responsible for the Democrats slaughtering the Republicans and taking back the house in 2018 because of his aggressive attacks on Obamacare. That same attitude will keep the House in Democrat hands and will most likely also hand the Democrats the Senate in 2020.

Trump has a 96% approval rating in the Republican Party and polls show 40% of blacks will vote for trumps, up 32%

Who’s going to beat republicans?

Can Doug Jones survive in Alabama? The short answer is NO.
No, Jones will lose his seat

As will McSally in AZ and Collins in Maine
Collins isn't going to lose in Maine. For the first time in a long time, in '16 Maine actually had a split Presidential vote. 2nd District went to Trump. That means there were more conservatives being heard than usual. They will be out in force this year. Trump coverage has made them defensive and ready for a fight.

A lot of people are impatient with the way our Democratic Governor is handling the reopening of Maine's economy. We will not have a tourist season at all. Republicans are moving to have her emergency powers revoked.

And in the midst of that, you think the majority of people in Maine will vote for a new Democratic Senator when a good number still admire Collins?

I don't think so.

It's Thom Tillis actually, and he's not very popular at all. He's an asshole.

OK, he's a Senator so that's redundant but let's say he's an asshole even for a Senator.

Can Pelosi survive another election? I mean seriously, the puff piece of her taking the media on a tour of her designer ice cream hoard while her constituents lived in shit and dirty needles was reminiscent of queen Antoinette.

That mindless little ice cream meme exists only in your isolated little bubble. Nobody in the world (i.e. the REAL world) cares that she has ice cream in her fuckin' freezer. I do too, what about it?

Y'all echobubblers SERIOUSLY need to get a grip. And quit parroting whatever the Twit machine commands you to parrot. For fuxsake have some self-respect.

Much more likely that the republican party will pick up not lose senate seats and regain control of the house. But you already knew that and you're afraid, very very afraid.

Nope. I think Democrats will take both of those. I think Republicans will take back Alabama.
However....the biggest wildcard right now is El Prez dragging Republicans down with him like the proverbial boat anchor.
There are races that are now within reach for Democrats that I thought would never be in reach.
2020 Senate Race ratings | The Cook Political Report

Unfortunately that's a paywall. Here's a site I like with lots of breakdowns. This particular page is the Senate but you can navigate to any level.

Course, this is still very early in the game. Several states don't even have candidates nominated yet, some have one, some don't have any.

Interestingly, if you look at the main page with the Presidential polling and check the various states that in 2016 could not muster a majority of their vote for anybody -- the infamous trio of Michigan/Wisconsin/Pennsylvania, plus Florida, AridZona, North Carolina, plus Clinton's non-majority EV states Virginia, Nevada, Minnesota and Colorado, ALL of them are predicted for Biden. The only one leaning to Rump that he got the EVs for where he couldn't amass a majority is Utah (and he still doesn't have one).

Last edited:
Trump has a 96% approval rating in the Republican Party and polls show 40% of blacks will vote for trumps, up 32%

Who’s going to beat republicans?
You lied about 40% of blacks.
Delete your BS fake stat.

Forum List

Back