🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Will Republicans win 2016?

2016: Republicans or Liberals?

• Total voters
What has become the law doesn't change the fact that it is extremist. Extremism is in the eye of the beholder.

BTW, since we are using settled law to make our case, just why does the left keep pushing for gun control? Aren't gun rights also "old and established"

Well, no, for most of our history- up until 2008, in fact - it was accepted that states and municipalities had the power to regulate who could own a gun and where they could carry it. Up until the National Rampage Association started saying the second was about gun ownership and not militias.

The notion that Joker Holmes has a God-given right to walk into a gun store and buy an AR-15 and a 100 round magazine is an extreme position.

It appears that 40 years ago, fighting for abortion was an extremist position, do it stop you from doing so?

I have to assume you are under 40, which is why you say stupid shit like this.

40 years ago, they performed just as many abortions as they do now. Except that doctors wrote down "D&C" on the lady's chart. Abortion laws were kind of like the prostitution laws are now. It was technically illegal, yet everyone knew where they could get one if they wanted one. All the Court did was put it all above board.

The Birth Rate did NOT drop in 1973. There were just as many babies being born, and just as many being aborted.

What message would that be? That in order to keep our country from insolvency, we need to cut programs that people want?

I would call that being an adult. But I suppose you are right, who wants to vote for something like that?

Except that's not what the GOP calls for. The GOP NEVER CUTS SPENDING when they have all the levers of power.

In fact, when George W. Stupid became President, we were paying our bills and we were solvent. We were not only collecting enough money to cover expenses, we were posting surpluses.

He quickly started wars and gave tax cuts to rich people and put an end to that shit.

What has become the law doesn't change the fact that it is extremist. Extremism is in the eye of the beholder.

BTW, since we are using settled law to make our case, just why does the left keep pushing for gun control? Aren't gun rights also "old and established"

Well, no, for most of our history- up until 2008, in fact - it was accepted that states and municipalities had the power to regulate who could own a gun and where they could carry it. Up until the National Rampage Association started saying the second was about gun ownership and not militias.

The notion that Joker Holmes has a God-given right to walk into a gun store and buy an AR-15 and a 100 round magazine is an extreme position.

It appears that 40 years ago, fighting for abortion was an extremist position, do it stop you from doing so?

40 years ago, they performed just as many abortions as they do now. Except that doctors wrote down "D&C" on the lady's chart. Abortion laws were kind of like the prostitution laws are now. It was technically illegal, yet everyone knew where they could get one if they wanted one. All the Court did was put it all above board.

The Birth Rate did NOT drop in 1973. There were just as many babies being born, and just as many being aborted.

Gun rights go much farther back then 2008. If the states can regulkate gun ri

Gun rights go much farther back then 2008. If the states can regulate gun rights, then what good is the 2nd Amendment? If any state can put conditions on a right, what good is that right? Should a state also be able to limit the 1st Amendment if it so chooses?

As to your answer on abortions, you seem to be saying that since they were happening anyhow, might as well make it legal to do so.

Well then, people get murdered everyday. Or speed. How do you feel about laws like that? Might just as well get rid on them to, right?

Mark

What message would that be? That in order to keep our country from insolvency, we need to cut programs that people want?

I would call that being an adult. But I suppose you are right, who wants to vote for something like that?

Except that's not what the GOP calls for. The GOP NEVER CUTS SPENDING when they have all the levers of power.

In fact, when George W. Stupid became President, we were paying our bills and we were solvent. We were not only collecting enough money to cover expenses, we were posting surpluses.

He quickly started wars and gave tax cuts to rich people and put an end to that shit.

On this we agree. If the GOP doesn't cut spending, they are NOT a conservative party and do not merit support.

If the GOP ignores the Tea parties, those conservatives will split off and form a third party, and then the Dems will have free rein.

If that is what the country wants, then lets grease the skids to our demise and get it over with.

Mark

Republicans can rightly pat themselves on the back for the 2014 election. But if they think it will carry over to 2016, they will be sadly disappointed. A presidential election at the same time Republicans are defending 24 Senate seats (Dems defend 10) will not bode well for the GOP

Gun rights go much farther back then 2008. If the states can regulate gun rights, then what good is the 2nd Amendment? If any state can put conditions on a right, what good is that right? Should a state also be able to limit the 1st Amendment if it so chooses?

The Second Amendment was about Militias. Gun ownership was considered a right under English law and that might have even made sense in 1776. today, not so much.

As to your answer on abortions, you seem to be saying that since they were happening anyhow, might as well make it legal to do so.

Well then, people get murdered everyday. Or speed. How do you feel about laws like that? Might just as well get rid on them to, right?

I think you are losing coherency. It wasn't just that the laws were being broken, it was that no one was even bothering to enforce them.

Women were NEVER arrested for having abortions. It just didn't happen. People who performed abortions were rarely arrested, and usually only after they screwed up and injured or killed the woman due to their incompetence.

Republicans can rightly pat themselves on the back for the 2014 election. But if they think it will carry over to 2016, they will be sadly disappointed. A presidential election at the same time Republicans are defending 24 Senate seats (Dems defend 10) will not bode well for the GOP

Why? Who is the Democratic base? I belong to a carpenters union, and after Obamacare fucked us, I can assure you that most of these union workers don't view the Dems as they once did.

The blacks? The Hispanics? Women?

Remember this, the party of the president in power gets the blame or credit from the people. So far, Obama is getting much more blame than credit.

Not a good sign for the Dems, IMO.

Mark

On this we agree. If the GOP doesn't cut spending, they are NOT a conservative party and do not merit support.

If the GOP ignores the Tea parties, those conservatives will split off and form a third party, and then the Dems will have free rein.

If that is what the country wants, then lets grease the skids to our demise and get it over with.

Or we can just be a common sense policy of making sure that people who are wealthy pay their fair share, while making sure that programs that are being paid for are being paid for in a smart manner.

We could do that.

Just saying.

The problem with the TEA Party and other anti-tax nuts is that you all make government programs more popular. If you have all these government benefits and no one has to pay for it, then government benefits are really popular.

IN short, Grover Norquist and the rest of the "Starve the Beast" tax nuts have put the cart before the horse.

The Second Amendment was about Militias. Gun ownership was considered a right under English law and that might have even made sense in 1776. today, not so much.

I think you are losing coherency. It wasn't just that the laws were being broken, it was that no one was even bothering to enforce them.

Women were NEVER arrested for having abortions. It just didn't happen. People who performed abortions were rarely arrested, and usually only after they screwed up and injured or killed the woman due to their incompetence.

If the 2nd was about militias, then what happened to the guns possessed by these brand new Americans the day the Constitution was passed?

Are you really going to argue that, right after fighting a war of independence, that these new Americans would have limited their right to arms to a militia?

Not hardly.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

So, according to Mason, we have it right.

As to your abortion answer, it appears that this is the same tactic the left wants to use to ram thru letting illegals into the country, yes?

Mark

Why? Who is the Democratic base? I belong to a carpenters union, and after Obamacare fucked us, I can assure you that most of these union workers don't view the Dems as they once did.

Remember this, the party of the president in power gets the blame or credit from the people. So far, Obama is getting much more blame than credit.

Mark

Who is their base?

Democrats have a HUGE advantage in electoral votes even before the election starts. Remember those Red States/Blue States? Dems have 230 electoral votes before the process starts and only need 40 to reach 270
Remember that Obama Executive Order? 90% of Hispanics support it. What does that do to the base in Florida and other border states?
Women? Democrats won 55% of the womens vote in 2012, with Hillary it will go to 60%
Black, vote? Gay vote? Young vote? Don't even ask

But at least you guys got the old, white, male, christian vote

If the 2nd was about militias, then what happened to the guns possessed by these brand new Americans the day the Constitution was passed?

Are you really going to argue that, right after fighting a war of independence, that these new Americans would have limited their right to arms to a militia?

I think you are a little confused. The militia argument was that the states wanted to retain their militias in case this whole union thing didn't work out. It wasn't about gun ownership at all.

Or we can just be a common sense policy of making sure that people who are wealthy pay their fair share, while making sure that programs that are being paid for are being paid for in a smart manner.

We could do that.

Just saying.

The problem with the TEA Party and other anti-tax nuts is that you all make government programs more popular. If you have all these government benefits and no one has to pay for it, then government benefits are really popular.

IN short, Grover Norquist and the rest of the "Starve the Beast" tax nuts have put the cart before the horse.

How much is their "fair share"? And even if they paid it, it still wouldn't cover what we spend.

Mark

Mark

Who is their base?

Democrats have a HUGE advantage in electoral votes even before the election starts. Remember those Red States/Blue States? Dems have 230 electoral votes before the process starts and only need 40 to reach 270
Remember that Obama Executive Order? 90% of Hispanics support it. What does that do to the base in Florida and other border states?
Women? Democrats won 55% of the womens vote in 2012, with Hillary it will go to 60%

My point was, and still is, that the Democratic base is not as strong as it once was. If the GOP keeps the old, white guy base, and get even a little bit of support from the Democratic base, they will win.

The candidate makes all the difference IMO. Reagan carried 49 states against Mondale. He carried from New York to California, and every blue state in between.

Run a conservative candidate, and people will come out to vote.

Mark

I think you are a little confused. The militia argument was that the states wanted to retain their militias in case this whole union thing didn't work out. It wasn't about gun ownership at all.

You...you mean Mason was wrong?

Mark

Mark

Who is their base?

My point was, and still is, that the Democratic base is not as strong as it once was. If the GOP keeps the old, white guy base, and get even a little bit of support from the Democratic base, they will win.

The candidate makes all the difference IMO. Reagan carried 49 states against Mondale. He carried from New York to California, and every blue state in between.

Mark

Run a conservative and you will not win a single battleground state

Hillary would get 385 Electoral Votes against a Conservative

How do you think and who would you vote?
Well, the first thing I would need to know is that the candidate is not a fucking idiot. Like, is he stupid enough to believe Nazis are left wingers?

What would s/he do to get the economy going? How would s/hebalance the budget? How would s/hereduce the federal debt? What would s/hedo about Iran's nuclear weapons program? What would s/hedo about North Korea's nuclear weapons program? What changes or improvements would s/he make to ObamaCare? If the answer is, "Repeal it", then what would s/he do to reform healthcare in America after that? What changes or improvements would s/he make to Medicare? What changes or improvements would s/he make to Social Security? What reforms would s/he make to our immigration policy? What changes would s/he make to the financial services industry? What would s/he do about ISIS? What would s/hedo about Putin?

I have yet to meet anyone on this forum who is fawning over this candidate or that candidate who is able to answer a single one of these questions for the potential candidate whose twat/cock they have in their mouth.

Mark

Who is their base?

Mark

Run a conservative and you will not win a single battleground state

Hillary would get 385 Electoral Votes against a Conservative

Then the country is doomed. Lets do what the left wants and get it over with, so the rebuilding can begin.

Mark

How do you think and who would you vote?
Well, the first thing I would need to know is that the candidate is not a fucking idiot. Like, is he stupid enough to believe Nazis are left wingers?

What would s/he do to get the economy going? How would s/hebalance the budget? How would s/hereduce the federal debt? What would s/hedo about Iran's nuclear weapons program? What would s/hedo about North Korea's nuclear weapons program? What changes or improvements would s/he make to ObamaCare? If the answer is, "Repeal it", then what would s/he do to reform healthcare in America after that? What changes or improvements would s/he make to Medicare? What changes or improvements would s/he make to Social Security? What reforms would s/he make to our immigration policy? What changes would s/he make to the financial services industry? What would s/he do about ISIS? What would s/hedo about Putin?

I have yet to meet anyone on this forum who is fawning over this candidate or that candidate who is able to answer a single one of these questions for the potential candidate whose twat/cock they have in their mouth.

Well, "hope and change" got Obama elected.

Mark

Forum List

Back