Will Smith assaults Chris Rock at Oscars

Someone defended his wife's honor and you fucks think that is a bad thing.

Typical.
i think violence is a horrible thing

His rich black dem donor privledge will likely save him from being charged

sorry, this was a comedian doing a roast before the Oscars, something they’ve always done…if Will and Jada can’t handle it they shouldn’t of gone

Chris Rock shouldn't have said it....and Will Smith shouldn't have slapped him......but Will has to live with her. He can't go around letting his wife talk shit about him for not defending her honor
Right, he got mad only after he realized his wife didn't think it is funny and had the evil eye stare on her face. He would probably rather spend a night in the pokey over assault and battery than to have to deal with his wife over this, especially since he was laughing at first with everyone else. He knew he had to take drastic corrective action immediately or spend the next month sleeping on the couch.

"Civilized people" probably end up letting Russia take their country without a fight too.

I'm not really sure what that has to do with this discussion.

I would probably disagree though.

6ab87f.jpg

Oh brother…. :rolleyes: So, it is going to be mayhem in the streets because one beta male slapped another? Really?
I guess you must be a millennial or younger.

Because I can clearly see the affects of Hollywood on the nation, and most folks with an above average intelligence understand, the TEE VEE and movies are sophisticated propaganda, and Edward Bernays, wrote about the power of not only authority figures, but celebrity.

Now, if you are too. . . well, how shall we say, dull, to understand this, and haven't made the connection between how our simple favorites like "Leave it to Beaver," or "The Andy Griffith Show," or even early black shows, like the "Sanford and Sons," or "The Jeffersons," are now, completely different from the degenerate movies and entertainment that Hollywood puts out, which, then, contributes to the moral decay of the culture?

The is nothing I can do for you. . . . There really isn't.

And the stars back then? The behaved better, (well, at least in public anyway,) because, by proxy of their position, were expected, to be a role model for the citizenry.

Do I know if Sidney Poitier or Redd Foxx ever had any scandalous behavior? No, I do not. Why? Because it was kept in private. If it had been in public, their career would have been over, just as if any white star in Hollywood had a scandal, their career was over as well.

Our celebrities and our politicians, along with our authors and other purveyors of culture, set the pulse of the nation.

The erosion of what we accept starts somewhere.

It is a good thing a lot of us now ignore them, but, believe it or not, a lot do not.

Ahhhh. . .

So you too huh?

Free speech is dying in America. :rolleyes:

Was the joke in poor taste? Sure. Nothing warrants turning the nation into a fascist police state zone, where folks go around whacking each other like Nazis if they don't approve of speech they don't like.

Where the hell does that end? . . especially in a nation where open carry is allowed.

:doubt:
Insulting a man wife as always gotten your head smack even when we were kids, so guess what?

Yeah, we have been Nazis since Adam and Eve…

Chris Rock is a punk and Will Smith did what most men would do and slap the shit out of the punk, and Chris should be lucky it was just a slap and not a beat down like he should have gotten.

Someone defended his wife's honor and you fucks think that is a bad thing.

Typical.

Yeah, because the reaction was so outsized. What he did AFTER, shouting "Get my wife's name out of you mouth"...was all that was required. He should have done that (and had the right to) and ended it right there. Not marching onstage during a live broadcast and slapping the guy

Take the Oscar’s out of it for a moment…Just two guys at a party, and one makes a joke about your wife’s appearance….Unacceptable regardless of their politics.
that would still be assault…this however wasn’t a backyard party, this was a comidian at an event, doing what comedians have done for decades at said event

all i know is it took one little fight in west philly for him to get sent to Bel-Air…it appears years later it didn’t help at all. uncle phil is rolling over in his grave

Forum List

Back