Will Smith assaults Chris Rock at Oscars

So, you’re at a party and someone makes a joke about your wife’s weight…You just laugh?
Did you not watch the video? What would be the point of faking that? All it did was make everyone in the room feel super uncomfortable and Will swore twice on live tv. He had to make the acceptence speach about his win, an apology instead.

So Putin is slaughtering tons of white people in Ukraine bringing the propspect of WW3 that's not a problem to you.

Will Smith slaps someone on stage for dissing his wife and that's a problem to you

Only a white supremacist can rationalize something like that
You are missing the point.

Take the Oscar’s out of it for a moment…Just two guys at a party, and one makes a joke about your wife’s appearance….Unacceptable regardless of their politics.
While I do agree with this, you a making an apples to oranges comparison here, is also why there is a different standard in court for when you sue someone for libel or defamation.

If I write or start saying terrible shit about my neighbor, he can sue me. If I do it about Donald Trump? Well, he has to lump it. There is a difference.

If someone is a public figure, they should be used to and accustomed to, and be tolerant of, free speech about them, no matter if they are men, women, children, whomever.

And we all know, Chris Rock is a professional comic, making jokes, and roasting folks is his trade. Was the joke in poor taste? Sure, probably. But it wasn't about some nobody, it was about someone famous, so thus? Fair game.

All of these individuals have more wealth and security in a year or two, than many Americans will see in a lifetime, they can afford to have a bruised ego and a bit of a hurt feeling here and there.

We live in a civilized society, and thus, they are role models for OUR children, and are expected to model behavior for the larger society removed from them. They are in the public space, broadcasting their behavior to millions. . . they ARE the propagandists and models for all. IOW? YOU CAN'T take the Oscars out of it, THAT is the point of all of this, they are famous.

Free speech is a value we have agreed to in a liberal democracy, and you don't go off half cocked anytime you feel your honor has been trampled, or you feel you have been disrespected. . . because another value we have agreed to in this nation?

. .. . . is the right to bear arms.

:heehee:

I don't care about their sex life. That is between the two of them.

But if she had cancer and lost her hair because of chemo, would the joke be acceptable? If she was in a wheelchair and he joked about her not dancing, would it be acceptable? If he made a joke about Marlee Maitlin's singing voice, would it be acceptable?

There are lines you don't cross. Will Smith defended his wife.

Will Smith laughed at the joke and she got pissed. That is not defending his wife. It is theatrics, like their "marriage".

Did you not watch the video? What would be the point of faking that? All it did was make everyone in the room feel super uncomfortable and Will swore twice on live tv. He had to make the acceptence speach about his win, an apology instead.
Seen it a hundred times this morning…so?

Maybe publicity, maybe not….

Reports today the academy may demand he forfeit his Oscar….

What class, he assaults Chris Rock live on stage for cracking a joke about Jada.

Really Will? Now you’re a tough guy after you were cool with some other guy slamming your wife?

View attachment 622263

Whether real or not (could be just a way to garner controversy and watchers, since their viewership is in the toilet now), this is the typical behavior we see on videos in inner-city fast food chains and restaurants, as well as in the streets and in airport terminals and airplanes. Low class.

While I do agree with this, you a making an apples to oranges comparison here, is also why there is a different standard in court for when you sue someone for libel or defamation.

If I write or start saying terrible shit about my neighbor, he can sue me. If I do it about Donald Trump? Well, he has to lump it. There is a difference.

If someone is a public figure, they should be used to and accustomed to, and be tolerant of, free speech about them, no matter if they are men, women, children, whomever.

And we all know, Chris Rock is a professional comic, making jokes, and roasting folks is his trade. Was the joke in poor taste? Sure, probably. But it wasn't about some nobody, it was about someone famous, so thus? Fair game.

All of these individuals have more wealth and security in a year or two, than many Americans will see in a lifetime, they can afford to have a bruised ego and a bit of a hurt feeling here and there.

We live in a civilized society, and thus, they are role models for OUR children, and are expected to model behavior for the larger society removed from them. They are in the public space, broadcasting their behavior to millions. . . they ARE the propagandists and models for all. IOW? YOU CAN'T take the Oscars out of it, THAT is the point of all of this, they are famous.

Free speech is a value we have agreed to in a liberal democracy, and you don't go off half cocked anytime you feel your honor has been trampled, or you feel you have been disrespected. . . because another value we have agreed to in this nation?

. .. . . is the right to bear arms.

:heehee:
*Sigh* I think you’re reading too much into this…One guy makes a joke, the other guy got offended, and slapped the jokester….I don’t think a duel is in order….

Yes dear.

I understand, he’s British.
I'm just telling you the facts. Nothing to do with him being a subject.

Michael Cain has hosted the Oscars.

Maybe Gervais will work his way up there. . . :dunno: The Golden Globes are a good start?

What class, he assaults Chris Rock live on stage for cracking a joke about Jada.

Really Will? Now you’re a tough guy after you were cool with some other guy slamming your wife?

View attachment 622263

His wife has a condition that caused her to lose her hair.
My wife has the same condition.
It's not something to joke about.

So Putin is slaughtering tons of white people in Ukraine bringing the propspect of WW3 that's not a problem to you.

Will Smith slaps someone on stage for dissing his wife and that's a problem to you

Only a white supremacist can rationalize something like that
No.....I think plenty of black supremacists can rationalize something like that too.

And Denzil Washington jr seemed to have a problem with it as well.

Forum List

Back