Will the Brown case backfire on the PC Police?

The American Left, including the media and the "pundits" -- not to mention many on USMB -- have gone all in, again, on the Micheal Brown case. It was shocking to see what the governor has said about how Wilson must be prosecuted. It even spread into the culture, with the Washington Redskins (gotta love the irony there) holding up their hands in "solidarity" before their game.

In the light of new evidence - "witness" supposedly recanting evidence, Wilson's busted eye socket - if the story ends up falling apart, I wonder if the PC Police will finally have jumped the shark. I'll remain hopeful, because the huge task of healing wounds between blacks and the rest of American society can't begin until the PC Police are exposed as the frauds that they are.

what is PC? not intentionally insulting others?

why do you want it to backfire?

Glad you ask.

What is PC? Political Correctness is strategic hypersensitivity, designed and deployed specifically to put your target on the defensive and thereby control the conversation. It allows you to avoid discussing the issues honestly while gaining intellectually dishonest tactical advantage over your target. It's also an instrument of intimidation and control, and I'm not terribly fond of those tactics. It's deceitful and cowardly.

Why do I want it to backfire? Because PC allows the Left to successfully avoid honestly examining problems facing this country - getting worse by the hour - by deflecting the conversation. It has played a significant role in further isolating blacks from the rest of American society, for example. It has allowed the American Left to gain political advantage in a most dishonest and cynical way, at a horrific cost to people who deserve better.

PC is perpetrated by people who are after nothing more than advantage, not an honest conversation, and (in its various forms) it's playing a critical role in the decay of our country. It's dividing Americans like virtually nothing else could. It's isolating Americans like virtually nothing else could. And I hate to see anything that is contributing to the decay of this country, especially when it is so god damn fraudulent.

I certainly don't expect you to admit to or acknowledge any of this, but I'm glad you asked.

i think sometimes what you call "political correctness" is simply good manners. that is not to say that people can't say any stupid thing they want. it just means that others will look at them for what they are when they do.

as to why you want it to "backfire", i'm afraid i find that divisive and typical of right-wingers who resent others being treated with dignity. can it get out of hand? of course. on the other hand, if someone thinks it's simply "politically correct" to understand that unarmed blacks get targeted in this country in a way whites don't is simply ignorant. what you call "politically correct" is what i call remediating a terrible injustice.

so there ya go. but i do appreciate your response and your civility.

The American Left, including the media and the "pundits" -- not to mention many on USMB -- have gone all in, again, on the Micheal Brown case. It was shocking to see what the governor has said about how Wilson must be prosecuted. It even spread into the culture, with the Washington Redskins (gotta love the irony there) holding up their hands in "solidarity" before their game.

In the light of new evidence - "witness" supposedly recanting evidence, Wilson's busted eye socket - if the story ends up falling apart, I wonder if the PC Police will finally have jumped the shark. I'll remain hopeful, because the huge task of healing wounds between blacks and the rest of American society can't begin until the PC Police are exposed as the frauds that they are.

The return on political correctness is ZERO.

-Geaux

whatever

Glad you ask.

What is PC? Political Correctness is strategic hypersensitivity, designed and deployed specifically to put your target on the defensive and thereby control the conversation. It allows you to avoid discussing the issues honestly while gaining intellectually dishonest tactical advantage over your target. It's also an instrument of intimidation and control, and I'm not terribly fond of those tactics. It's deceitful and cowardly.

Why do I want it to backfire? Because PC allows the Left to successfully avoid honestly examining problems facing this country - getting worse by the hour - by deflecting the conversation. It has played a significant role in further isolating blacks from the rest of American society, for example. It has allowed the American Left to gain political advantage in a most dishonest and cynical way, at a horrific cost to people who deserve better.

PC is perpetrated by people who are after nothing more than advantage, not an honest conversation, and (in its various forms) it's playing a critical role in the decay of our country. It's dividing Americans like virtually nothing else could. It's isolating Americans like virtually nothing else could. And I hate to see anything that is contributing to the decay of this country, especially when it is so god damn fraudulent.

I certainly don't expect you to admit to or acknowledge any of this, but I'm glad you asked.

i think sometimes what you call "political correctness" is simply good manners. that is not to say that people can't say any stupid thing they want. it just means that others will look at them for what they are when they do.

as to why you want it to "backfire", i'm afraid i find that divisive and typical of right-wingers who resent others being treated with dignity. can it get out of hand? of course. on the other hand, if someone thinks it's simply "politically correct" to understand that unarmed blacks get targeted in this country in a way whites don't is simply ignorant. what you call "politically correct" is what i call remediating a terrible injustice.

Ask yourself this- Ever wonder why blacks are targeted? Do you understand the root cause?

I'll wait..

-Geaux

[]And if the Police had conducted an investigation, built a case and made an arrest, I'd be right down there with him.

Shooting him in the middle of the street, not so much.

Well Joe... If the left wet dream comes to fruition and the cop is indeed dirty.. well... watch out. You just supported, likely unintentionally, the very core of why the Second Amendment exist. Someday, Joe Q Citizen may just need to defend himself from the machine

Just saying

-Geaux

Um, no.

The Second Amendment is still about Militias, not individual citizens playing Batman.

The reason why you have the police armed like the Army is because too many citizens are out there armed like the Zombie apocalypse is coming.

[]And if the Police had conducted an investigation, built a case and made an arrest, I'd be right down there with him.

Shooting him in the middle of the street, not so much.

Well Joe... If the left wet dream comes to fruition and the cop is indeed dirty.. well... watch out. You just supported, likely unintentionally, the very core of why the Second Amendment exist. Someday, Joe Q Citizen may just need to defend himself from the machine

Just saying

-Geaux

Um, no.

The Second Amendment is still about Militias, not individual citizens playing Batman.

The reason why you have the police armed like the Army is because too many citizens are out there armed like the Zombie apocalypse is coming.

Well of course

Thanks

-Geaux

[

Hey, who cares. The Left has convicted the cop because he's white. Even the freaking Governor has convicted him.

Think of all the money we can save by just letting the Left decide everything for us. Who needs investigations or legal proceedings?

No, we've convicted him because he shot an unarmed kid 6-8 times in broad daylight for jaywalking.

[

Hey, who cares. The Left has convicted the cop because he's white. Even the freaking Governor has convicted him.

Think of all the money we can save by just letting the Left decide everything for us. Who needs investigations or legal proceedings?

No, we've convicted him because he shot an unarmed kid 6-8 times in broad daylight for jaywalking.

Dig it man

-Geaux

AWESOME.gif

[

The neat thing about your argument is that there is no video to disprove it. Regardless of any injuries the officer may have suffered, regardless of witness accounts, there is no video and you'll always be able to say this.

Then, if the officer is not tried and/or convicted, you'll be able to keep saying this. Plus you'll be able to point at this case as a massive injustice and example of why cops and white people are evil. Awesome!

Ah, the beauty of PC. Sure it's dishonest, sure it's cowardly, but it can always be used.

[

As they say, it was a 'good shoot'

-Geaux

[

Glad you ask.

So because you can't talk about "those people" in broad stereotypes, you are being oppressed?

Again, I'm wondering what "honest conversation" you can't have...

It has played a significant role in further isolating blacks from the rest of American society, for example.

Really? I could have sworn that was 400 years of systematic racism? Here's the real problem. Around the 1960's, everyone decided that racism was wrong. Except for a few folks in the GOP who decided to appeal to white fears. So you had Reagan's Welfare Queens and Young Bucks, you had Bush Senior running Willie Horton ads, and then denying he did them. And it worked really well for you for a while. Now that it isn't, you scream "political correctness".

You see, the real problem is not political correctness calling you on your more subtle racism/homophobia/sexism because you can't get away with the blatant version anymore. The real problem is the plutocrats using your racial/sexual fears to get you to vote against your own economic interests. and they got away with it for a very long time.

[

Glad you ask.

So because you can't talk about "those people" in broad stereotypes, you are being oppressed?

Again, I'm wondering what "honest conversation" you can't have...

It has played a significant role in further isolating blacks from the rest of American society, for example.

Really? I could have sworn that was 400 years of systematic racism? Here's the real problem. Around the 1960's, everyone decided that racism was wrong. Except for a few folks in the GOP who decided to appeal to white fears. So you had Reagan's Welfare Queens and Young Bucks, you had Bush Senior running Willie Horton ads, and then denying he did them. And it worked really well for you for a while. Now that it isn't, you scream "political correctness".

You see, the real problem is not political correctness calling you on your more subtle racism/homophobia/sexism because you can't get away with the blatant version anymore. The real problem is the plutocrats using your racial/sexual fears to get you to vote against your own economic interests. and they got away with it for a very long time.

Yes, "you're a racist, shut up".

I know, I know.

[

The neat thing about your argument is that there is no video to disprove it. Regardless of any injuries the officer may have suffered, regardless of witness accounts, there is no video and you'll always be able to say this.

Then, if the officer is not tried and/or convicted, you'll be able to keep saying this. Plus you'll be able to point at this case as a massive injustice and example of why cops and white people are evil. Awesome!

Ah, the beauty of PC. Sure it's dishonest, sure it's cowardly, but it can always be used.

Eyewitnesses can go both ways. I look at the forensics. This kid was hit 8 times. ONce in the head when he was already down.

And frankly, this was not a use of deadly force situation.

[

No, he shot a kid because he assaulted him (after going for his gun), didn't freeze when told to do so and charged the officer again. This was told by Dorian Johnson, his friend and the best witness to the crime at the scene as told via his attorney.

[

No, he shot a kid because he assaulted him (after going for his gun), didn't freeze when told to do so and charged the officer again. This was told by Dorian Johnson, his friend and the best witness to the crime at the scene as told via his attorney.

Hey, I'd like to hear what Johnson has to say instead of how you are characterizing it to fit your narrative.

[

Hey, I'd like to hear what Johnson has to say instead of how you are characterizing it to fit your narrative.

Alright. We will wait for his attorney or him to be interviewed on TV. Of course I could say the same thing about Officer Wilson. We would like to hear what happened instead of characterizing it to fit your narrative. Fair enough?

Last edited:

Glad you ask.

Ask yourself this- Ever wonder why blacks are targeted? Do you understand the root cause?

I'll wait..

-Geaux

Because of the obvious.... they commit most of the crime.

Want to end racial-profiling?

Stop breaking the law....

ROTFLMBAO!

#LOLGOP

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

[

That's a lie. He was shot for assault & battery, assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest, attempted murder, etc.... I wonder if you know how many felonies Michael Brown committed in under 30 mins before he was killed.

Glad you ask.

I'll wait..

-Geaux

Because of the obvious.... they commit most of the crime.

Want to end racial-profiling?

Stop breaking the law....

it must be nice for you to be surrounded with at least some like-minded people. in normal society, you wouldn't do very well.

Forum List

Back