Will the Hurricanes clear out some of the blue people from Florida?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
Helene…now Milton.

As a Native Floridian, it is interesting to see how many blue state transplants move here and then leave after a hurricane or 2.

Tampa may take a direct hit, and we already have trash and debris in many yards. That debris becomes projectiles at 120 mph.

If it goes south, there will be much less damage.

Blue staters who are in Florida should consider leaving now and not coming back. Hurricanes are scary and dangerous.

Helene…now Milton.

As a Native Floridian, it is interesting to see how many blue state transplants move here and then leave after a hurricane or 2.

Tampa may take a direct hit, and we already have trash and debris in many yards. That debris becomes projectiles at 120 mph.

Blue staters who are in Florida should consider leaving now and not coming back. Hurricanes are scary and dangerous.
did they not know about hurricanes and Florida when they moved there?...

Helene…now Milton.

what difference greta bird.jpg

I don't suspect that the snowbirds have made the trip yet.

It’s believed that there are at least 1 million snowbirds in Florida each year who spend no less than a month in the state while escaping the cold.

did they not know about hurricanes and Florida when they moved there?...
Knowing they happen and living through them and the aftermath are 2 very different things.

I knew a Biden/Harris admin would suck….but didnt realize how bad it would be until I lived through it.

I don't suspect that the snowbirds have made the trip yet.

It’s believed that there are at least 1 million snowbirds in Florida each year who spend no less than a month in the state while escaping the cold.

No snowbirds yet. I am talking about residents.

Tons of blue people LIVE here from the NE and MW.

Knowing they happen and living through them and the aftermath are 2 very different things.

I knew a Biden/Harris admin would suck….but didnt realize how bad it would be until I lived through it.
yea we say that about earthquakes in California too, also live through fires and flooding........yet they still live there....

yea we say that about earthquakes in California too, also live through fires and flooding........yet they still live there....

I lived through Andrew and LOTS of people left Miami. Just hoping for the same from these storms.

Love me some global warming. I am going to idle my Suburban in the driveway all day to make Milton stronger.

Helene…now Milton.

I lived in Florida when Teen and there were 8 million residents...maybe half of the population were transplants and only half were Floridians or Florida crackers.

You have over 21 million people now.....I doubt 10% are true generational, Floridians....they are near all transplants.

When I lived there again, when a little older, most all the transplants on the gulf coast came down I75, Middle America so to say...

And on the east coast of Florida, the transplants came down I95 from the blue northeast.

I lived through Andrew and LOTS of people left Miami. Just hoping for the same from these storms.

Love me some global warming. I am going to idle my Suburban in the driveway all day to make Milton stronger.
if earthquakes and fires dont make one move i doubt if a storm will do it...

Perhaps the sticker shock of insurance costs will drive them away, as well? Costs have risen with inflation; is it especially bad there in hurricane country?

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time in the current prosperous climate.

Lots of coke and Fentanyl here, too.

Also lots of Hispanics who love Trump.

Florida is a dangerous place for left wing cult fucks.

Forum List

Back