🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Will the left be HOPING for a negative impact from the sequester?

It's always an issue to both sides. When Bush was in office, Obama called him irresponsible when it came to deficit spending, then Obama and the democrat controlled congress took deficits to record levels. Both sides care of spending a lot: they want to be the ones who have the most control over wasting our money.

Translation: Is it better to pay money to line the pockets of crony defense contractors and multinational corporations making billions in profit, or to help the millions of Americans who lost their jobs in 2008 - jobs that are NOT coming back, is the question then?

Clearly all the gloom and doom of the world collapsing has been spewed for weeks. Now that, that strategy to force the gop to cave didnt work and the reality is less than 24 hours away what is the left going to say?

The left tried to make this look like the end of everything in order to make the GOP's position of cuts look unreasonable. Now that the reality is about to hit us what will the spin be?

Please define "the left".

It's always an issue to both sides. When Bush was in office, Obama called him irresponsible when it came to deficit spending, then Obama and the democrat controlled congress took deficits to record levels. Both sides care of spending a lot: they want to be the ones who have the most control over wasting our money.

Translation: Is it better to pay money to line the pockets of crony defense contractors and multinational corporations making billions in profit, or to help the millions of Americans who lost their jobs in 2008 - jobs that are NOT coming back, is the question then?

Keep towing that party line. You're a good soldier.

And what democrat controlled congress? They had a supermajority for about 32 days, and for half of that, Kennedy was in the hospital and couldn't vote.

That is by design.
Spread out "the hurt" as far and as wide as possible so we will never ever even think about asking government to live with their means ever again.

Our government, in its history has not ever really "lived within its means" - I think we've balanced the budget only a handful of times in our existence. Why it only seems to be an issue with this president is beyond me, especially after all of the trillions wasted by Bush that we will get nothing out of.

That is the hypocricy that hyper-partisan politics breeds.
I do favor fiscal responsibility - I am just disgusted that elected officials only seem to be interested in it when the other side is writing the checks.

Last edited:
And what democrat controlled congress? They had a supermajority for about 32 days, and for half of that, Kennedy was in the hospital and couldn't vote.

Would you not describe the house as being republican controlled right now despite their lack of a super majority?

Mr. Peepers said:

This comment implies that all government spending under Bush was intended solely for lining pockets of buddies while all of Obama's spending is well intentioned agenda free spending solely to save innocent people's lives. That's all.

This comment implies that all government spending under Bush was intended solely for lining pockets of buddies while all of Obama's spending is well intentioned agenda free spending solely to save innocent people's lives. That's all.

I believe 100% that all of Bush's policies benefitted the wealthy and corporations. If you can find one bill passed that actually favored regular Americans, I would like to see it. Obama, at least, seems to be trying to help American citizens (like mortgage relief legislation, consumer protections etc.), but seems to be fought at every turn by moneyed special interests.

Last edited:

Would you not describe the house as being republican controlled right now despite their lack of a super majority?

Mr. Peepers said:

Who cares?

Has EITHER party ever been fiscally responsible?

Who cares?

Exactly my point. Mr. Peepers seems to disagree, citing that republican spending is evil and only meant to line corporate pockets while democrat spending is well intentioned, well spent money meant to right all the wrongs the republicans wreak on the American people each and every day.

Would you not describe the house as being republican controlled right now despite their lack of a super majority? Would you disagree that the presidency is democrat controlled?

Yes, the house is Republican controlled. No, the president is not democrat controlled. If that were the case, Obama would be able to crank out whatever legislation he wanted willy-nilly, and that is obviously not the case. The point was, there was no democrat controlled congress under Bush - the Republicans filibustered everything they proposed.

Exactly my point. Mr. Peepers seems to disagree, citing that republican spending is evil and only meant to line corporate pockets while democrat spending is well intentioned, well spent money meant to right all the wrongs the republicans wreak on the American people each and every day.

Actually, no. I think all of our politicians are adept at lining corporate pockets, which I also believe is going to be the downfall of our country. I was only using the last administration and this one (the differences) as an example. Do you think I like that an ex-Monsanto shill has a cabinet postition? Talk about the rabid fox guarding the henhouse.

Who cares?

Well if you (or he) want to argue whose overspending is better and whose overspending is worse .... fine.

I'm not interested in THAT debate. I am interesting in reducing spending. Both parties would just prefer that we ignore that and continue bickering over partisan issues. That way they don't have to do the hard work of being good stewards of our money and our nation - they just have to keep pointing their fingers at the other guys.

I'm not interested in THAT debate. I am interesting in reducing spending. Both parties would just prefer that we ignore that and continue bickering over partisan issues. That way they don't have to do the hard work of being good stewards of our money and our nation - they just have to keep pointing their fingers at the other guys.

I agree.

Mr. Peepers said:
Actually, no. I think all of our politicians are adept at lining corporate pockets, which I also believe is going to be the downfall of our country. I was only using the last administration and this one (the differences) as an example. Do you think I like that an ex-Monsanto shill has a cabinet postition? Talk about the rabid fox guarding the henhouse.

Fair enough.

Who cares?

Bingo and anyone who doesn't realize that both parties spend like drunken sailors is an idiot or worse.

Nothing is for free. Everything Govt spends is hard earned tax dollars which the Clowns seem to think grows on trees.

We are broke folks. If we weren't we wouldn't be taking Chineses money.

No, the president is not democrat controlled. If that were the case, Obama would be able to crank out whatever legislation he wanted willy-nilly, and that is obviously not the case.

The presidency is held by a democrat, thus, the presidency is democrat controlled. It doesn't mean he has (or should have rather) any special powers not enumerated by the constitution.

The point was, there was no democrat controlled congress under Bush - the Republicans filibustered everything they proposed.

I guess we're speaking a different a language. If you have a majority, you control that entity. The republicans have more house members, therefore they control the house. The democrats have more senators, therefore, the democrats control the senate. The president is a democrat, therefore, the democrats control the presidency. That's how i think of it anyway.

Clearly all the gloom and doom of the world collapsing has been spewed for weeks. Now that, that strategy to force the gop to cave didnt work and the reality is less than 24 hours away what is the left going to say?

The left tried to make this look like the end of everything in order to make the GOP's position of cuts look unreasonable. Now that the reality is about to hit us what will the spin be?

Please define "the left".

Msnbs and those that watch them

Obama is a liar. He's threatening that teacher's will be fired because of this.

They've already gotten pink slips. Even though the sequester hasn't happened.

Once again he's trying to blame republicans for something the white house has already caused to happen. They are already trying to get out of this new lie by throwing Arne Duncan under the bus.

He could say the sky is orange and the libs would lap it up. He's a better liar than even Clinton. A bigger scumbag too.

None are so blind as those who will not see what an evil fuck Obama truly is to this country.

Last edited:

Once again he's trying to blame republicans for something the white house has already caused to happen. They are already trying to get out of this new lie by throwing Arne Duncan under the bus.

He could say the sky is orange and the libs would lap it up. He's a better liar than even Clinton. A bigger scumbag too.

None are so blind as those who will not see what an evil fuck Obama truly is to this country.

that is very true. due to cutbacks from federal funding to states that happened well before the sequester, layoffs are already happening. teachers aids and 30 transportation workers have already been let go in our school system.

that is very true. due to cutbacks from federal funding to states that happened well before the sequester, layoffs are already happening. teachers aids and 30 transportation workers have already been let go in our school system.

OK, so let me get this straight. You rake him over the coals for spending too much and now you are raking him over the coals for NOT spending??????

Make up your mind.
Oh yeah, it's already made up - Obummer is a Kenyan communist mooslim.

Man - just quit buying into their hyper-partisan reindeer games and demand fiscal responsibility - PERIOD!

Forum List

Back