Will They Catch Gay Cooties From the Pages?

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
lol...more South Carolina craziness.

If these kids don't know about http://i.imgur.com/kHIuVKQ.jpg[/IMG]]gays by the time they get to college, there's really no hope for them.

Members of the South Carolina House of Representatives on Wednesday voted to cut $70,000 in funding from two public colleges that assigned two books about same-sex relationships to freshmen students.

The legislators voted to cut $17,000 in funding from the University of South Carolina Upstate for assigning “Out Loud: The Best of Rainbow Radio,” a collection of stories first broadcast on a state radio program. The panel cut $52,000 from the College of Charleston’s budget for assigning “Fun Home,” a graphic autobiography about a young woman growing up in rural Pennsylvania. The amounts reflect the money the two universities spent purchasing the two books.

“One of the things I learned over the years is that if you want to make a point, you have to make it hurt,” state Rep. Garry Smith (R), who pushed for the cuts, told The State newspaper. “I understand academic freedom, but this is not academic freedom. … This was about promoting one side with no academic debate involved.”

xje6Ef8.jpg

lol...more South Carolina craziness.

If these kids don't know about http://i.imgur.com/kHIuVKQ.jpg[/IMG]]gays by the time they get to college, there's really no hope for them.

Members of the South Carolina House of Representatives on Wednesday voted to cut $70,000 in funding from two public colleges that assigned two books about same-sex relationships to freshmen students.

The legislators voted to cut $17,000 in funding from the University of South Carolina Upstate for assigning “Out Loud: The Best of Rainbow Radio,” a collection of stories first broadcast on a state radio program. The panel cut $52,000 from the College of Charleston’s budget for assigning “Fun Home,” a graphic autobiography about a young woman growing up in rural Pennsylvania. The amounts reflect the money the two universities spent purchasing the two books.

“One of the things I learned over the years is that if you want to make a point, you have to make it hurt,” state Rep. Garry Smith (R), who pushed for the cuts, told The State newspaper. “I understand academic freedom, but this is not academic freedom. … This was about promoting one side with no academic debate involved.”

xje6Ef8.jpg

Was a thing recently about the novel "50 Shades of Grey" in public libraries being contaminated with Herpes on its pages. :)

This was threaded about a few weeks ago by the by.

For crying out loud...what's next...burning the books?
It's truly shameful when those elected to serve the public and uphold the constitution trample on basic freedoms...and are actually praised for it...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Bet he doesn't say that about teaching heterosexuality.

Nothing new here. The ignorant right has always been against education.

`

Forum List

Back