Will Trump be a war criminal like Truman?

Truman brought the Pacific war to an end very quickly. Few other lives were lost. Right choice.
LMFAO.

Just another lie that sadly way too many Americans WANT to believe.

Speaking of war criminals I have a question for you Moon Bats.

Was that asshole Obama a war criminal for bombing Libya? How about Slick Willy for bombing Bosnia?
At least in the case of Truman Congress had declared war on Japan after they attacked the US. In the case of Libya or Bosnia neither one of those countries ever did a thing to the US.

Are you Moon Bats hypocritical assholes that hate Trump so much for beating that piece of shit Crooked Hillary that you have gone bat shit cray with Trump's response to North Korea's threats to nuke the US? Are you fucking idiots?
Confusing me with a D liberal, is funny.

At any rate, I think just about every president from Wilson on, is a war criminal.

The question was to the partisan pig Moon Bats that are spouting their mindless anti Trump hate nowdays. .

If you are just the run of the mill bat shit crazy hippy peacenik dimwit then you get an entirely different question.

Opinions are like assholes..........
Facts and reality are tough things for many Americans to accept.
When one blurs opinion with fact, all hope for them is lost.
The facts are clearly laid out in the article I posted, in the OP.

Confusing opinion with facts to promote the establishment, could be considered traitorous.
The facts are that you label one of our greatest leaders a criminal. That makes you a traitor. Those are the facts.

...and Truman was most certainly a war criminal and a liar. Let's hope Trump does not follow in his footsteps.

From the great Ralph Raico....the truth...you might not like it.

Harry Truman and the Atomic Bomb
Great controversy has always surrounded the bombings. One thing Truman insisted on from the start was that the decision to use the bombs, and the responsibility it entailed, was his. Over the years, he gave different, and contradictory, grounds for his decision. Sometimes he implied that he had acted simply out of revenge. To a clergyman who criticized him, Truman responded testily,

Nobody is more disturbed over the use of Atomic bombs than I am but I was greatly disturbed over the unwarranted attack by the Japanese on Pearl Harbor and their murder of our prisoners of war. The only language they seem to understand is the one we have been using to bombard them.2

Such reasoning will not impress anyone who fails to see how the brutality of the Japanese military could justify deadly retaliation against innocent men, women, and children. Truman doubtless was aware of this, so from time to time he advanced other pretexts. On August 9, 1945, he stated, “The world will note that the first atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, a military base. That was because we wished in this first attack to avoid, insofar as possible, the killing of civilians.

This, however, is absurd. Pearl Harbor was a military base. Hiroshima was a city, inhabited by some three hundred thousand people, which contained military elements. In any case, since the harbor was mined and the US Navy and Air Force were in control of the waters around Japan, whatever troops were stationed in Hiroshima had been effectively neutralized.

On other occasions, Truman claimed that Hiroshima was bombed because it was an industrial center. But, as noted in the US Strategic Bombing Survey, “all major factories in Hiroshima were on the periphery of the city — and escaped serious damage.”4 The target was the center of the city. That Truman realized the kind of victims the bombs consumed is evident from his comment to his cabinet on August 10, explaining his reluctance to drop a third bomb: “The thought of wiping out another 100,000 people was too horrible,” he said; he didn’t like the idea of killing “all those kids.”5 Wiping out another one hundred thousand people … all those kids.

Harry Truman’s Atomic Bombs - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

But....but....but.....Truman had a "D" by his name and Trump has an "R" by his name.

How then can Trump be a war criminal and Trump not?

You are not making any sense.

I think the people who were really lucky concerning the atom bomb were the Germans.

Let's give NK more money so they can develop an entire arsenal of nukes. Both Clinton and Obama gave them a shit ton of extortion money, and now NK has nukes.

It's not a winning policy...really. :rolleyes:

The United States has MANY weapons in our arsenal. We don't have to respond to an attack on American soil with an atomic weapon. However, if we are attacked with a nuclear bomb, President Trump will be MORE than JUSTIFIED to respond in kind.

To suggest he'd be a WAR CRIMINAL for doing so is just ASININE.

It's also asinine to Call president Truman a war criminal for effectively SAVING lives by using the nukes to end WWII with Japan. How STUPID can some people be?

We can only speculate about what would have happened if Truman had not given the order to nuke Japan. Part of being president is making hard decisions. Truman made the hard decision and it ended the war.

I think the gip should make a trip to NoKo and share his thoughts with their leader about how Japan should have won the war but meanie America won instead. gip, tell him you are doing the best you can to make sure we don't win the next one, then ask Kimmy what you can do to help NoKo.
Be sure to bring me back a souvenir... ;)

One has to be strong mentally to accept the truth that their nation is a rogue empire.

Are you strong enough?

Harry Truman was the last democrat worth a damn. He didn't know FDR had the Manhattan Project underway for almost 2 years and didn't find out before Roosevelt died and he became president. When the bombs (we only had two) were ready he was told we would lose hundreds of thousands of Troops in the invasion of Japan. Claiming an invasion wasn't necessary is idiocy...the Japs were trying for a cessation of hostilities and Truman answered with Hiroshima. They didn't quit so a couple days later we hit Nagasaki. We were out of A-bombs and if the Japs had known that, they still wouldn't have quit. Here's Harry:

Harry Truman was the last democrat worth a damn. He didn't know FDR had the Manhattan Project underway for almost 2 years and didn't find out before Roosevelt died and he became president. When the bombs (we only had two) were ready he was told we would lose hundreds of thousands of Troops in the invasion of Japan. Claiming an invasion wasn't necessary is idiocy...the Japs were trying for a cessation of hostilities and Truman answered with Hiroshima. They didn't quit so a couple days later we hit Nagasaki. We were out of A-bombs and if the Japs had known that, they still wouldn't have quit. Here's Harry:

The Japanese were out of oil and other war essentials, and had been sending messages of wilingness to surrender. Truman must have been aware of this. The best guess is that USA wanted to send a message to a future enemy, Russia, of it's capabilities.

Was Hiroshima Necessary?

Truman brought the Pacific war to an end very quickly. Few other lives were lost. Right choice.

I agree with you.

What we are seeing with the OP's post is silly revisionist history and stupid speculation from somebody that didn't fight the war.

We had declared total war on Japan and we had the weapons and it was the right thing to do to use them.

We can speculate all we want on what would have happened had we not used the nukes or the motivation of the Japs to unconditionally surrender but that doesn't mean anything because that didn't happen. We nuked the bastards and they surrendered. Game over!

The best way for the Japs not to have got nuked was not to have bombed Pearl Harbor and invade the Philippines. They paid a price for their war mongering and stupidity.

The best way for North Korea to not get nuked by the US is to not attack the US or our allies. Trump said so yesterday.

...and Truman was most certainly a war criminal and a liar. Let's hope Trump does not follow in his footsteps.

Great controversy has always surrounded the bombings. One thing Truman insisted on from the start was that the decision to use the bombs, and the responsibility it entailed, was his. Over the years, he gave different, and contradictory, grounds for his decision. Sometimes he implied that he had acted simply out of revenge. To a clergyman who criticized him, Truman responded testily,

Nobody is more disturbed over the use of Atomic bombs than I am but I was greatly disturbed over the unwarranted attack by the Japanese on Pearl Harbor and their murder of our prisoners of war. The only language they seem to understand is the one we have been using to bombard them.2

Such reasoning will not impress anyone who fails to see how the brutality of the Japanese military could justify deadly retaliation against innocent men, women, and children. Truman doubtless was aware of this, so from time to time he advanced other pretexts. On August 9, 1945, he stated, “The world will note that the first atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, a military base. That was because we wished in this first attack to avoid, insofar as possible, the killing of civilians.

This, however, is absurd. Pearl Harbor was a military base. Hiroshima was a city, inhabited by some three hundred thousand people, which contained military elements. In any case, since the harbor was mined and the US Navy and Air Force were in control of the waters around Japan, whatever troops were stationed in Hiroshima had been effectively neutralized.

On other occasions, Truman claimed that Hiroshima was bombed because it was an industrial center. But, as noted in the US Strategic Bombing Survey, “all major factories in Hiroshima were on the periphery of the city — and escaped serious damage.”4 The target was the center of the city. That Truman realized the kind of victims the bombs consumed is evident from his comment to his cabinet on August 10, explaining his reluctance to drop a third bomb: “The thought of wiping out another 100,000 people was too horrible,” he said; he didn’t like the idea of killing “all those kids.”5 Wiping out another one hundred thousand people … all those kids.

Well, they justify the use of the nuke by saying that had the U.S. landed and invaded the cost in lives alone would have been appalling. Some say we could have just blockaded Japan and starved them out, others say a bunch of shit. Take a look at the fire bombing of Dresden as well. Same kind of outrage and controversy, just not as loud. So here we are with North Korea and a crazy person with nuclear bombs. A genie we kind of let out of the bottle. Honestly, I don't see any sense in lamenting over The morals of using a nuke or two in 1945. But it would be a huge mess if we used nukes I'm thinking. Likely China and Mexico would stop selling us food and cheesy crap. The UNnwould likely sanction us to. I'm thinking the little fat dog eater is to much of a coward. In the end China will change the regime and all will be good again.

I'm surprised.

Surprised that John F. Kennedy was omitted from this diatribe.

After all, he was a war criminal, was he not, for not caving in on Cuba's missiles? He should have kept out of it - those THREATS! Oh my. Nasty, nasty, nasty. Too bad you weren't around to impeach him for that.

President Truman was (sadly) the last American President to understand that wars are for winning. Too bad he forgot that later in the game.

"W" taught the world the U.S. would conduct 'pre-emptive' war, and, with that, blew the possibility of doing so in a really serious situation, which Iraq was not. His illegal invasion justified and re-enforced the determination of the N.K. régime to assure its protection through nuclear weapons acquisition. In general, though, the entire American policy and attitude since the Second World War has been counter productive to any peaceful unification of the peninsula.

Forum List

Back