Will we ever have single payer health care in this country?

single payer healthcare??

• Total voters
The obvious answer is an expansion of the entire Medicare / Medicare Advantage / Medicare Supplement system to all.

An excellent, already-functioning blend of a public foundation and free market competition and innovation.

It would take a massive cost monkey off the backs of American employers and give people their own plans.

Unfortunately, most people are ignorant of how that system works, or how it could be scaled. Too much thinking required.

So yeah, it's possible we'll have Single Payer shoved down our throats by default. Congratulations.

An excellent?

You forgot the part about being 100 trillion in debt.
It's not 100 trillion in debt. You can't believe everything you hear.

And it has moving parts that can be flexible to allow for new approaches and innovation. I have some ideas, of course.

But since we no longer have the capacity to create new approaches or innovation, we just give up.

If you think you can hold off what's coming, great.

"New ideas" don't erase debt. Also "new ideas" are not something that are tried on over 300 million people to see if they work. I am almost certain your ideas don't work, because it appears you have no idea about economics. To the point of ignoring even the prevalent facts.

Medicare alone is about 50 trillion dollars in the hole. Just wishing it ain't so doesn't change anything. If you could solve ths issue by wishing it would have already been solved.

Last edited:
The obvious answer is an expansion of the entire Medicare / Medicare Advantage / Medicare Supplement system to all.

An excellent, already-functioning blend of a public foundation and free market competition and innovation.

It would take a massive cost monkey off the backs of American employers and give people their own plans.

Unfortunately, most people are ignorant of how that system works, or how it could be scaled. Too much thinking required.

So yeah, it's possible we'll have Single Payer shoved down our throats by default. Congratulations.

An excellent?

And it has moving parts that can be flexible to allow for new approaches and innovation. I have some ideas, of course.

But since we no longer have the capacity to create new approaches or innovation, we just give up.

"New ideas" don't erase debt. Also "new ideas" are not something that are tried on over 300 million people to see if they work. I am almost certain your ideas don't work, because it appears you have no idea about economics.

Medicare alone is about 50 trillion dollars in the hole. Just wishing it ain't so doesn't change anything. If you could solve ths issue by wishing it would have already been solved.
Too funny. Finance is my profession. I was the financial guy in the room for one of the primary Medicare Advantage carriers when they were putting together plans for my state. I know how the whole system works, front to back.

Talk radio is not your friend.

An excellent?

"New ideas" don't erase debt. Also "new ideas" are not something that are tried on over 300 million people to see if they work. I am almost certain your ideas don't work, because it appears you have no idea about economics.

Too funny. Finance is my profession. I was the financial guy in the room for one of the primary Medicare Advantage carriers when they were putting together plans for my state. I know how the whole system works, front to back.

Talk radio is not your friend.

Being a finance guy doesn't mean you understand a thing about insurance mathematics or economics. In fact, here you just told us that medicare doesn't have relevant unfunded liability, despite the official estimate being about 40 trillion dollars, and it's only for 75 years.

Being a finance guy doesn't mean you understand a thing about insurance mathematics or economics. In fact, here you just told us that medicare doesn't have an unfunded liability, despite the official estimate being about 40 trillion dollars, and it's only for 75 years.
Um, that's EXACTLY what it means.

And I didn't say there was no unfunded liability. So there's a lie.

And now we're down to $40 trillion?

Are you being serious here, or just kidding around?

Being a finance guy doesn't mean you understand a thing about insurance mathematics or economics. In fact, here you just told us that medicare doesn't have an unfunded liability, despite the official estimate being about 40 trillion dollars, and it's only for 75 years.

The first time I was talking about medicare + medicaid. Are you serious here? You haven't addressed the issue in any way. Just the usual Mac deflection.

The first time I was talking about medicare + medicaid. Are you serious here? You haven't addressed the issue in any way. Just the usual Mac deflection.
Of course I have. It's the post that you complained about.

I'll be happy to go as deep into this as you would like.

I'm guessing you have zero background or expertise on this topic, but please feel free to ask any questions you'd like on what I would do.

Then we'll see who's deflecting.

I'm guessing you have zero background or expertise on this topic, but please feel free to ask any questions you'd like on what I would do.

You still didn't get the memo?

How are you going to fund this monstrosity, given that medicare itself is in debt to the tune of 40 trillion dollars? Pile more debt on debt?

Or increase taxes... I am sure white males really want to fund more of your welfare schemes which they barely benefit from in any way.

How are you going to fund this monstrosity, given that medicare itself is in debt to the tune of 40 trillion dollars? Pile more debt on debt?

Or increase taxes... I am sure white males really want to fund more of your welfare schemes which they barely benefit from in any way.
Do you know how Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans, and Medicare Supplements work?

Do you REALLY know?

Do you know how Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans, and Medicare Supplements work?

Do you REALLY know?

Are you going to answer the question or not?

Do you REALLY know?

Are you going to answer my question or not?
Okay, I'll assume you have no idea how these plans work.

The first big mistake people make when they don't know what they're talking about is extrapolate the costs of health care across the age spectrum. They/you assume that we're using the same anticipated expenditures across the age spectrum. That is a MASSIVE miscalculation.

The FACT is that 48.6% of our lifetime health care expenditures are incurred after age 65, Tables 3 and 4: The Lifetime Distribution of Health Care Costs

Another FACT is that free market health insurance (which in this case would be MA and MS plans) is FAR cheaper when we're younger and healthier. So the first step is to have an age-graduated Medicare coverage rate that increases as we age, requiring younger people's free market coverage to cover more when it's cheaper and when they're younger and healthier.

With me so far?

Last edited:
wrong, it will never happen, the country cant afford it and Trump knows that.
O'rly?

Trump praises Australia's universal health care after Obamacare repeal - CNNPolitics.com

It's going to be fantastic health care," Trump said, referring to his new health care plan. "I shouldn't say this to our great gentleman and my friend from Australia because you have better health care than we do."

“As far as single payer, it works in Canada. It works incredibly well in Scotland." - Donald J. Trump, 2015.

Donald Trump in his book The America We Deserve:

We must have universal healthcare...I'm a conservative on most issues but a liberal on this one. We should not hear so many stories of families ruined by healthcare expenses...

Doctors might be paid less than they are now, as is the case in Canada, but they would be able to treat more patients because of the reduction in their paperwork..

The Canadian plan also helps Canadians live longer and healthier than Americans. There are fewer medical lawsuits, less loss of labor to sickness, and lower costs to companies paying for the medical care of their employees. If the program were in place in Massachusetts in 1999 it would have reduced administrative costs by $2.5 million. We need, as a nation, to reexamine the single-payer plan, as many individual states are doing.

Donald Trump on Larry King Live:

I'm quite liberal, and getting much more liberal, on health care and other things. What's the purpose of a country if you're not gonna have defense and health care? If you can’t take care of your sick in the country, forget it, it’s all over. So I'm very liberal when it comes to health care. I believe in universal healthcare.
More reason to build the wall now. Who would want poor immigrants to live under our brutal and inhumane healthcare system?

Do you REALLY know?

The first big mistake people make when they don't know what they're talking about is extrapolate the costs of health care across the age spectrum. They/you assume that we're using the same anticipated expenditures across the age spectrum. That is a MASSIVE miscalculation.

The FACT is that 48.6% of our lifetime health care expenditures are incurred after age 65, Tables 3 and 4: The Lifetime Distribution of Health Care Costs

Another FACT is that free market health insurance (which in this case would be MA and MS plans) is FAR cheaper when we're younger and healthier. So the first step is to have an age-graduated Medicare coverage rate that increases as we age, requiring younger people's free market coverage to cover more when it's cheaper and when they're younger and healthier.

With me so far?

So the answer is, have the young healthy poorer people over-pay for their insurance so that the old baby boomers who voted in all this madness can get their free shit.

Ok... well it was an answer, you could call it Obamacare II.

As for what masochist would allow this to happen, that I can't tell.

Do you REALLY know?

With me so far?

So the answer is, have the young healthy people over-pay for their insurance so that the old baby boomers who voted in all this madness can get their free shit.

Yeah, that's about what I expected.

No. I was going to continue, but there's really no point.

Good luck holding off what's coming. And if it's Single Player, you'll be complicit.

Do you REALLY know?

With me so far?

So the answer is, have the young healthy people over-pay for their insurance so that the old baby boomers who voted in all this madness can get their free shit.

Good luck holding off what's coming. And if it's Single Player, you'll be complicit.

You still don't get it. We don't have money for single payer. We don't have the money for even the current liabilities. Instead of trying to think how to provide medicare for everyone when the money has run out, you should be thinking about how to prepare for the coming purge/civil war.

Single payer... please let it be so. The purge will be here so much sooner.

Do you REALLY know?

With me so far?

You still don't get it. We don't have money for single payer. We don't have the money for even the current liabilities. Instead of trying to think how to provide medicare for everyone when the money has run out, you should be thinking about how to prepare for the coming purge/civil war.

I don't want Single Payer.

As I said, you don't know what you're talking about, therefore you don't know what I'm talking about.

Speaking of not getting it.

I think the very next time the dems the presidency and both chambers of Congress we’re headed for single payer healthcare.
No Doubt.

A POTUS alone could impose unconstitutional regulations that could tank private insurance before SCOTUS would have a chance to review them.

With me so far?

I don't want Single Payer.

As I said, you don't know what you're talking about, therefore you don't know what I'm talking about.

Speaking of not getting it.

Facts:

We are 22 trillion in debt and at least 120 trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities.

I don't know what I am talking about? Ok... When are you going to spell which part specifically?

Yes - I think that the U.S. will eventually implement single-payer healthcare.

It's not all-that-radical a concept in most parts of the world, although it freaks-out Big Insurance and Big Pharma here.

The Devil's in the details, though, and I'm guessing we'll make huge mistakes during the early going.

But, I also think that the planets are going to have to align "just so", before it's even attempted.

Requiring a Democrat -controlled House, Senate, Oval Office and (quite possibly) Supreme Court.

That may take another half-generation or more before we see any such alignment.

I think the very next time the dems the presidency and both chambers of Congress we’re headed for single payer healthcare.

Uh, hello? The ACA was really just designed to topple the US government with crushing tax burden.

i thought it was designed to fuck up the healthcare system so badly that only the "government" could fix it.
Obamacare could have done both by now if Hillary were now POTUS.

Forum List

Back