Willard Vs. Obama On Gun Control

Conservatives, does Willard's strong anti-gun stances affect your vote for him?

• Yes, I will now support Obama or someone else that is pro-2nd amendment

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Somewhat, I will consider not voting for him

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No, I will vote for Willard no matter what

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not a Romney supporter to begin with.

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
Generally, I give people the benifit of the the doubt - but in your case I'll mae an exception.
You're -lying- about The Obama being pro-2nd amendment.

I know it's hard to believe, but Obama has been very pro-2nd amendment.

What politicians say they will do versus what they actually do are two completely different things.

Those on the right seem to love and believe hearing all the things their politicians in the campaign whisper in their ears, only to find out they were lied to when they voted and/or passed legislation that was the complete opposite.

The only way to truly see a politicians stances is one and only one way. How did they vote.

When it comes to gun control it's quite clear,

Obama = strongly pro-guns rights.

Willard = Strongly anti-guns rights.

You just stepped in it. Obama's votes have always been in support of gun control, so have his public statements.

• Opposed bill okaying illegal gun use in home invasions. (Aug 2008)
  • Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
  • FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
  • Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
  • Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)
  • 2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)
  • Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)
  • Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
  • Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
  • Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
  • Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)

Barack Obama on the Issues

Note: I removed the bitterly clinging references because they are inflammatory.

Generally, I give people the benifit of the the doubt - but in your case I'll mae an exception.
You're -lying- about The Obama being pro-2nd amendment.

What politicians say they will do versus what they actually do are two completely different things.

Those on the right seem to love and believe hearing all the things their politicians in the campaign whisper in their ears, only to find out they were lied to when they voted and/or passed legislation that was the complete opposite.

The only way to truly see a politicians stances is one and only one way. How did they vote.

You just stepped in it. Obama's votes have always been in support of gun control, so have his public statements.

He ignored this list when I posted it.
But then, he's a liar, so one should expect these things.

So the Bush administration was also trying to set up an arrangement to curtail gun rights?

On the one hand, we have two significant decisions that expand and extend gun rights in the United States signed by Obama.

On the other, we have a conspiracy theory that Obama was building on a Bush program by arming people in Mexico in order to prove that allowing people in the US to arm themselves needs to be curtailed.

Has the administration called for any gun restrictions since then?

OK then. You wear that theory tall and high.
Different program.

Apple and orange comparisons will not carry you in this conversation.

You know what might "Carry you" in this conversation? A resort to simple logic:

Two significant expansions of gun rights vs. a conspiracy theory that states federal agents distributing guns in Mexico was meant as a foil for curtailing distribution/use of guns in the United States.

Logic would dictate....well...nevermind.

Piece of advice so you don't always look like an idiot, don't trust an OP just because you agree with him, he was wrong.

The democratic congress has to vote and accept the bill. If they did not want to it be passed, they would have shot it down.

From there the democratic senate vote on it, if they didn't want it to be passed, they would have shot it down.

The if the democratic president was against it, he would have vetoed it.

I don't see what is wrong with you in the head. The president and only the president signs federal bills into law.

Funny how the Congress is controlled by Democrats when you want to give Obama credit for something, but everything that Obama wants to do is impossible because Republicans control the very same Congress. 90 Senators voted for that bill to pass. The specific Amendment we are discussing here was added to the Credit CARD Act with a 67-29 Senate vote. Want to bet on how many Republicans v how many Democrats voted against the amendment?

The problem you have here is with reality. You said that Obama passed a law that allowed guns to be carried into federal parks. You also said he passed a law allowing concealed carry on Amtrak. Not only did he not pass either law, the second one does not even exist.

The president doesn't sign bills into law? That's a new one to me,...

How do you get that from anything I said?

Although Obama claims to be an advocate for the 2nd Amendment, his voting record in the Illinois Senate paints a very different picture. While a state senator, Obama voted for a bill that would ban nearly every hunting rifle, shotgun and target rifle owned by Illinois citizens. That same bill would authorize the state police to raid homes of gun owners to forcibly confiscate banned guns. Obama supported a bill that would shut down law-abiding firearm manufacturers including Springfield Armory, Armalite, Rock River Arms and Les Baer. Obama also voted for a bill that would prohibit law-abiding citizens from purchasing more than one gun per month.

Obama's gun-control history in the Illinois Senate

2ndAmendment-e1343046423172.jpg

When the second amendment was written everyone had access to military grade weapons, including heavy cannons.

Let me put it as simple as possible for you, -you seem to be having trouble
Let me point out what you are getting wrong.

Again.

Obama:

Passed legislation to allow concealed carry in national parks

He overturned a Bush era regulation that allowed weapons into national parks if the owner of the weapon was in compliance with state law. This action, combined with a decision by a federal judge to block the rule until it was adjudicated, prompted Tom Coburn (R-OK) to offer an amendment to the Credit CARD Act which passed with a 67-29 vote that prohibited the Secretary of the Interior from enforcing any regulations prohibiting guns in federal parks. Obama did not support the Amendment, and it was opposed by the Democratic leadership as a rider to the Credit CARD Act.

Amtrak does not allow concealed carry on their trains, they now use the same rules for guns that the FAA imposes on air traffic.

Received an "F" rating from the Brady center to prevent gun violence (anti-gun association)

All that means is that the Brady group thinks he sucks because he has not done anything to get rid of guns. This does not say anything about his actual stance on, or support of, gun rights. Obama has said more than once that he will take up gun control as an issue at some point, just not now.

President Obama to address gun control soon, aides say

Has passed no legislation to ban or restrict 2nd amendment rights.

Has passed no legislation at all ever in his life. Period.

But..but .but..........

He ignored this list when I posted it.
But then, he's a liar, so one should expect these things.

I saw that after I posted.

When the second amendment was written everyone had access to military grade weapons, including heavy cannons.

The hell are you talking about? The 2nd amendment allowed you to have a musket for personal protection, hunting, and other small arms for the same reason (hand pistols and knives).

It did NOT allow you to have military style weapons that would allow you to become a hostile militia with the potential threat of overthrowing the government.

The hell are you talking about? The 2nd amendment allowed you to have a musket for personal protection, hunting, and other small arms for the same reason (hand pistols and knives).

It did NOT allow you to have military style weapons that would allow you to become a hostile militia with the potential threat of overthrowing the government.
Another lie.

Another lie.

Prove it.

Another lie.
Prove it.
Its your claim - prove your statement true.

You will of course, not do so, as you know you cannot - because you know your statement is a lie.

Ok look... another example of how The Obama is a champion of gun rights:

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban - ABC News

That was from over two years ago, never happened. Try again.

Remember what I told you earlier in the thread about words, vs. actions?

And I gave you a link showing his actions as IL senator.

Obama's actions as senator and president were already posted in the first post of the thread, did you not read them?

Willard's actions are also posted.

Prove it.

You will of course, not do so, as you know you cannot - because you know your statement is a lie.

There you go, get to reading. (I can't believe a supposed pro-2nd amendment right winger doesn't have a clue what it actually states) :wtf:

Second Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I have wasted enough time on you and your willfull falure to accept the truth.
Another midless liberal, into the pit.

There you go, get to reading. (I can't believe a supposed pro-2nd amendment right winger doesn't have a clue what it actually states) :wtf:

Second Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I have wasted enough time on you and your willfull falure to accept the truth.
Another midless liberal, into the pit.

It takes a man to admit when they are wrong. All a coward has to do is blame others for their own ignorance,..

Read the constituion.

Learn about the 2nd amendment (and the rest as well)

Become informed.

Knowledge is power :up:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back