🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

William Barr Says U.S. Attorney In Manhattan Is Resigning. U.S. Attorney Says No, He’s Not.

Berman's replacement formally represented Deutche Bank. F'n Trump is gonna try and stay out of jail with this crap?

"On Friday night, the Attorney General William Barr announced that Geoffrey Berman, the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, will be stepping down.
His replacement will be Jay Clayton — who previously represented Deutsche Bank, one of President Donald Trump’s most significant business creditors, from allegations they facilitated Russian money laundering."

Well this just keeps getting better and better. Has there ever been a President that went to jail for crimes in office after losing in a landslide election fueled by his administrations corruption? Best move would be to step down day after the election, appoint Pence and have Pence pardon him. It would pretty well be the death of the Republican party, but trump easily would sacrifice the party. Hell, he isn't a republican, anyway.

Pence couldn't pardon Trump for state crimes. New York AG is waiting...

Letitia James is gonna lower the boom by the end of January. And there ain't nothin' Impeached Donnie or Fat Billy can do about it. Trump and Rudy are gonna spend a little quality time in Club Fed together.

Whether Barman is railroaded out of not, the man is known to carry receipts home with him each night. He's got a bag the size of a Volkswagen loaded with evidence and files. Hopefully he hands it over to Ms James.

f0a5fc8cc067cb0b6c27c3aa460a187a.jpg
Maybe. Not so sure. We all mostly know, but not sure after 3 years we have the stomach for it. I wish the SOBs would just go the FK away.

Berman's replacement formally represented Deutche Bank. F'n Trump is gonna try and stay out of jail with this crap?

"On Friday night, the Attorney General William Barr announced that Geoffrey Berman, the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, will be stepping down.
His replacement will be Jay Clayton — who previously represented Deutsche Bank, one of President Donald Trump’s most significant business creditors, from allegations they facilitated Russian money laundering."

Well this just keeps getting better and better. Has there ever been a President that went to jail for crimes in office after losing in a landslide election fueled by his administrations corruption? Best move would be to step down day after the election, appoint Pence and have Pence pardon him. It would pretty well be the death of the Republican party, but trump easily would sacrifice the party. Hell, he isn't a republican, anyway.

Pence couldn't pardon Trump for state crimes. New York AG is waiting...

Letitia James is gonna lower the boom by the end of January. And there ain't nothin' Impeached Donnie or Fat Billy can do about it. Trump and Rudy are gonna spend a little quality time in Club Fed together.

Whether Barman is railroaded out of not, the man is known to carry receipts home with him each night. He's got a bag the size of a Volkswagen loaded with evidence and files. Hopefully he hands it over to Ms James.

f0a5fc8cc067cb0b6c27c3aa460a187a.jpg
Maybe. Not so sure. We all mostly know, but not sure after 3 years we have the stomach for it. I wish the SOBs would just go the FK away.

So does 2/3 of the country. ;)

The Last Refuge

Attorney General Bill Barr Removes SDNY Attorney Geoffrey Berman – UPDATE: Berman Refuses to Leave…
Posted on June 20, 2020 by sundance

Excerpt:

Officially it’s being called a “resignation” according to the Associated Press. However, all the right Lawfare “beach friends” are going bananas as the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Geoffrey Berman, is being replaced. [DOJ Announcement Here]

According to the DOJ release Berman is being replaced by the nomination of Jay Clayton, currently the Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission. Additionally, “Craig Carpenito, currently the United States Attorney for the District of New Jersey, will serve as the Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, while the Senate is considering Jay Clayton’s nomination.”

LINK

=====

Berman is another swamp infested turd.

Bullshit. He is doing his job. Apparently Trump is getting worried. He and Barr are corrupt denizens of the swamp.

Geoffrey Berman rebuts attorney general’s statement, saying he has “no intention of resigning” his job overseeing major cases against Trump and his allies.

U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman is leaving as head of the powerful Southern District of New York, Attorney General William Barr announced late Friday. The Manhattan office is one of the nation’s mightiest districts, trying major cases against the mobsters, terrorists — and allies of President Donald Trump, including his personal lawyer Michael Cohen.

But Berman issued his own statement following Barr’s announcement, saying that he is not resigning and has “no intention of resigning my position.”

Barr’s announcement Friday came just days after allegations by Trump’s former national security adviser John Bolton that the president sought to block a Southern District probe into the Turkish Halkbank in a bid to cut deals with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

Barr announced Berman’s departure in a press release. He said that Trump has nominated the current chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Jay Clayton — who has virtually no experience as a prosecutor — to replace him.

This is a BIG deal. I wonder how it will end. What do you think?
Berman said get someone nominated and I will step down. Trump and his goon Bill Barr play this game like something straight out of Putin's handbook.
Putin’s playbook? Nominating a judge for Senate approval?

I guess you would prefer if this Berman stayed on even longer, even though he was never nominated by the President or confirmed by the Senate? He was originally appointed to a 120 day interim term back in 2018. He should had been replaced a long time ago.

Berman is apparently doing his job. That apparently worries Trump. Corrupt bastards like you, Trump and Barr are worried he is getting close to Trump.

Nothing that trump and his sycophants can do can stop the State of New York from investigating him and charging him, even if he and barr can actually shut down the SDNY. It is horrifying to see the executive branch trying to shut down investigations of its members. This is an extreme effort at authoritarian government. This is unacceptable to Americans.
Oh right, because Democrats are the party of “law and order”.

What happened to defund the police?

The TRUMP REPUBLICAN PARTY is not the "party of law and order". They are the party of corruption.

Geoffrey Berman rebuts attorney general’s statement, saying he has “no intention of resigning” his job overseeing major cases against Trump and his allies.

U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman is leaving as head of the powerful Southern District of New York, Attorney General William Barr announced late Friday. The Manhattan office is one of the nation’s mightiest districts, trying major cases against the mobsters, terrorists — and allies of President Donald Trump, including his personal lawyer Michael Cohen.

But Berman issued his own statement following Barr’s announcement, saying that he is not resigning and has “no intention of resigning my position.”

Barr’s announcement Friday came just days after allegations by Trump’s former national security adviser John Bolton that the president sought to block a Southern District probe into the Turkish Halkbank in a bid to cut deals with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

Barr announced Berman’s departure in a press release. He said that Trump has nominated the current chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Jay Clayton — who has virtually no experience as a prosecutor — to replace him.

This is going to be very interesting to watch unfold.

I hope that attorney stays right there doing the job he was hired to do.

All trump and barr are doing is trying to stop a legitimate investigation into crimes by trump.

One thing for sure, if trump isn't reelected, trump and a lot of people around him are going to be facing a lot of legal problems.

barr should be disbarred when he is finished being AG. Then investigated into all the unethical, unconstitutional and possible crimes he has committed while AG.

This whole Trump/Barr thing reminds me of the Godfather movie. However, I think the Godfather had more ethics and honor.

It sounds more to me exactly like what trump has falsely accused Biden of doing in the Ukraine.

trump and his followers screamed corruption and investigation in regard to Biden.

trump does many times what he and his followers accused Biden of doing yet the trump people have no problem with it.

This is going to be very interesting to watch unfold.

I hope that attorney stays right there doing the job he was hired to do.

All trump and barr are doing is trying to stop a legitimate investigation into crimes by trump.

One thing for sure, if trump isn't reelected, trump and a lot of people around him are going to be facing a lot of legal problems.

barr should be disbarred when he is finished being AG. Then investigated into all the unethical, unconstitutional and possible crimes he has committed while AG.

Trump AND Rudy. I have a feeling Berman was getting too close to BOTH of 'em.

pence can only pardon for federal crimes. Not state crimes. Only a governor can do that.

The state of New York is investigating trump. He can't stop it. If the state of NY charges him with crimes he will have to show up at trial. If found guilty he will have to face the sentence.

If anyone thinks that Andrew Cuomo is going to pardon trump of any state crimes I have a beautiful piece of ocean beach front property in Colorado to sell them.

This whole Trump/Barr thing reminds me of the Godfather movie. However, I think the Godfather had more ethics and honor.

It sounds more to me exactly like what trump has falsely accused Biden of doing in the Ukraine.

trump and his followers screamed corruption and investigation in regard to Biden.

trump does many times what he and his followers accused Biden of doing yet the trump people have no problem with it.

Donald is a master of PROJECTION.

pence can only pardon for federal crimes. Not state crimes. Only a governor can do that.

The state of New York is investigating trump. He can't stop it. If the state of NY charges him with crimes he will have to show up at trial. If found guilty he will have to face the sentence.

If anyone thinks that Andrew Cuomo is going to pardon trump of any state crimes I have a beautiful piece of ocean beach front property in Colorado to sell them.
Does the US attorney work for the Feds or the New York AG? Well aware New York has him in their sights also. Make no mistake, wiping out all possible federal charges would be a good move that he will not overlook.

Not just trump. The whole Republican Party.

They have turned projection into an art form over the years. It's standard operating procedure for them.

Does the US attorney work for the Feds or the New York AG? Well aware New York has him in their sights also. Make no mistake, wiping out all possible federal charges would be a good move that he will not overlook.

All that will do is just delay the inevitable.

The state of NY has the authority to investigate and prosecute people. Including donald trump.

So if he succeeds in stoping the federal investigation, that won't make his problems go away.

If he's not reelected he will be facing a lot of legal problems both state and federal. Biden has already pledged that he won't pardon trump or any of his people and won't stop any investigation into trump's crimes.

If he's reelected, the federal investigations can stop for the 4 years but after that, if a democrat takes office in 2025, the investigations and prosecutions will start.

So we're back to, it's just going to delay the inevitable.

Then fire his ass.

Not just trump. The whole Republican Party.

They have turned projection into an art form over the years. It's standard operating procedure for them.

Yes I've noticed that especially since Trump came along. I call it "The Pee Wee Syndrome" :cool-45:

i-know-you-are-but-what-am-i.jpg

Why would he resign? It is obvious that Barr is not fit to be Attorney General. He wants only to protect trump, not to enforce the law. Berman stays. Barr protects thugs. I am happy to say that the State of New York also has an attorney general, who cannot be fired by trump. See how obvious the trump bunch are: no law but them.
The Mueller hack was fired and refuses to step down...

Mueller and his entire team knew there was no Russian collusion by Trump before they were even appointed as Special Counsel and staff ... He had his chance. Indict and charge the SOB as being part of the / a Conspiracy.

Next...

All that will do is just delay the inevitable.

The state of NY has the authority to investigate and prosecute people. Including donald trump.

So if he succeeds in stoping the federal investigation, that won't make his problems go away.

If he's not reelected he will be facing a lot of legal problems both state and federal. Biden has already pledged that he won't pardon trump or any of his people and won't stop any investigation into trump's crimes.

If he's reelected, the federal investigations can stop for the 4 years but after that, if a democrat takes office in 2025, the investigations and prosecutions will start.

So we're back to, it's just going to delay the inevitable.
While I admire your idealism that justice will prevail, I am aware that sometimes it doesn't. Sometime justice can be like a $hit sandwich, exactly 2 inches thick from top to bottom of bread slices. The more bread you got, the less $shit you got to take.

Berman said get someone nominated and I will step down. Trump and his goon Bill Barr play this game like something straight out of Putin's handbook.
Obama never did ANYTHING like that, did he?

Forum List

Back