🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

William Barr Says U.S. Attorney In Manhattan Is Resigning. U.S. Attorney Says No, He’s Not.

Berman's replacement formally represented Deutche Bank. F'n Trump is gonna try and stay out of jail with this crap?

"On Friday night, the Attorney General William Barr announced that Geoffrey Berman, the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, will be stepping down.
His replacement will be Jay Clayton — who previously represented Deutsche Bank, one of President Donald Trump’s most significant business creditors, from allegations they facilitated Russian money laundering."

Well this just keeps getting better and better. Has there ever been a President that went to jail for crimes in office after losing in a landslide election fueled by his administrations corruption? Best move would be to step down day after the election, appoint Pence and have Pence pardon him. It would pretty well be the death of the Republican party, but trump easily would sacrifice the party. Hell, he isn't a republican, anyway.

Pence couldn't pardon Trump for state crimes. New York AG is waiting...

Berman's replacement formally represented Deutche Bank. F'n Trump is gonna try and stay out of jail with this crap?

"On Friday night, the Attorney General William Barr announced that Geoffrey Berman, the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, will be stepping down.
His replacement will be Jay Clayton — who previously represented Deutsche Bank, one of President Donald Trump’s most significant business creditors, from allegations they facilitated Russian money laundering."

Well this just keeps getting better and better. Has there ever been a President that went to jail for crimes in office after losing in a landslide election fueled by his administrations corruption? Best move would be to step down day after the election, appoint Pence and have Pence pardon him. It would pretty well be the death of the Republican party, but trump easily would sacrifice the party. Hell, he isn't a republican, anyway.

Pence couldn't pardon Trump for state crimes. New York AG is waiting...
True. I was referring to US attorney southern district thinking federal charges if charged, but the AG of New York will get his pound of flesh, especially if they really try for this.

Nothing that trump and his sycophants can do can stop the State of New York from investigating him and charging him, even if he and barr can actually shut down the SDNY. It is horrifying to see the executive branch trying to shut down investigations of its members. This is an extreme effort at authoritarian government. This is unacceptable to Americans.

Geoffrey Berman rebuts attorney general’s statement, saying he has “no intention of resigning” his job overseeing major cases against Trump and his allies.

U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman is leaving as head of the powerful Southern District of New York, Attorney General William Barr announced late Friday. The Manhattan office is one of the nation’s mightiest districts, trying major cases against the mobsters, terrorists — and allies of President Donald Trump, including his personal lawyer Michael Cohen.

But Berman issued his own statement following Barr’s announcement, saying that he is not resigning and has “no intention of resigning my position.”

Barr’s announcement Friday came just days after allegations by Trump’s former national security adviser John Bolton that the president sought to block a Southern District probe into the Turkish Halkbank in a bid to cut deals with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

Barr announced Berman’s departure in a press release. He said that Trump has nominated the current chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Jay Clayton — who has virtually no experience as a prosecutor — to replace him.

This is a BIG deal. I wonder how it will end. What do you think?
I honestly didnt know the US is this corrupt, where presidents can remove and assign judges that align with their views and interests. I can safely say I have 0 respect now of the bullcrap democracy that the propaganda machine had been selling the world.

The Last Refuge

Attorney General Bill Barr Removes SDNY Attorney Geoffrey Berman – UPDATE: Berman Refuses to Leave…
Posted on June 20, 2020 by sundance

Excerpt:

Officially it’s being called a “resignation” according to the Associated Press. However, all the right Lawfare “beach friends” are going bananas as the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Geoffrey Berman, is being replaced. [DOJ Announcement Here]

According to the DOJ release Berman is being replaced by the nomination of Jay Clayton, currently the Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission. Additionally, “Craig Carpenito, currently the United States Attorney for the District of New Jersey, will serve as the Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, while the Senate is considering Jay Clayton’s nomination.”

LINK

=====

Berman is another swamp infested turd.

Geoffrey Berman rebuts attorney general’s statement, saying he has “no intention of resigning” his job overseeing major cases against Trump and his allies.

U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman is leaving as head of the powerful Southern District of New York, Attorney General William Barr announced late Friday. The Manhattan office is one of the nation’s mightiest districts, trying major cases against the mobsters, terrorists — and allies of President Donald Trump, including his personal lawyer Michael Cohen.

But Berman issued his own statement following Barr’s announcement, saying that he is not resigning and has “no intention of resigning my position.”

Barr’s announcement Friday came just days after allegations by Trump’s former national security adviser John Bolton that the president sought to block a Southern District probe into the Turkish Halkbank in a bid to cut deals with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

Barr announced Berman’s departure in a press release. He said that Trump has nominated the current chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Jay Clayton — who has virtually no experience as a prosecutor — to replace him.

I honestly didnt know the US is this corrupt, where presidents can remove and assign judges that align with their views and interests. I can safely say I have 0 respect now of the bullcrap democracy that the propaganda machine had been selling the world.

I'm 73, and I've never seen presidential corruption like this in the U.S. - in fact I've never seen anything even close to this. This is new territory for presidential corruption. This should highly alarm everyone - regardless of their politics. Nixon was a saint compared to Trump.

I see that Lakhota and others fail to realize Berman is being replaced:

Attorney General William P. Barr on the Nomination of Jay Clayton to Serve as U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York

Home » Office of Public Affairs » News
JUSTICE NEWS
Department of Justice
Office of Public Affairs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, June 19, 2020
Attorney General William P. Barr on the Nomination of Jay Clayton to Serve as U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York

Attorney General William P. Barr has released the following statement:

“I am pleased to announce that President Trump intends to nominate Jay Clayton, currently the Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission, to serve as the next United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York. For the past three years, Jay has been an extraordinarily successful SEC Chairman, overseeing efforts to modernize regulation of the capital markets, protect Main Street investors, enhance American competitiveness, and address challenges ranging from cybersecurity issues to the COVID-19 pandemic. His management experience and expertise in financial regulation give him an ideal background to lead the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, and he will be a worthy successor to the many historic figures who have held that post. On behalf of the President, I thank Jay for accepting this nomination, and I look forward to working with him soon.

On my recommendation, the President has appointed Craig Carpenito, currently the United States Attorney for the District of New Jersey, to serve as the Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, while the Senate is considering Jay Clayton’s nomination. This appointment will be effective July 3, and Craig will work closely with the outgoing United States Attorney to ensure a smooth transition. I thank Craig for his continued service and for taking on this important interim responsibility.

Finally, I thank Geoffrey Berman, who is stepping down after two-and-a-half years of service as United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York. With tenacity and savvy, Geoff has done an excellent job leading one of our nation’s most significant U.S. Attorney’s Offices, achieving many successes on consequential civil and criminal matters. I appreciate his service to the Department of Justice and our nation, and I wish him well in the future.”

LINK

=====

Berman has to leave or he will be arrested.

Berman said get someone nominated and I will step down. Trump and his goon Bill Barr play this game like something straight out of Putin's handbook.

The nomination occurred 4 days ago, the fuckwit then backtracks says he isn't leaving.

Berman is a pile of shit.

Who is removing a judge?

Funny, this bozo was never confirmed by the Senate himself. He was appointed by Sessions for a 120 day period back in 2018. Then judges of the Southern District appointed him until a real successor is nominated and confirmed by the Senate.

Pretty idiotic to claim he “isn’t resigning”, it’s not your job dumbass, you’re a temp. Why the fuck he need a “Senate approved successor” when he was never confirmed by the Senate himself?

But he can of course be fired so hopefully President Trump does that.

Nothing that trump and his sycophants can do can stop the State of New York from investigating him and charging him, even if he and barr can actually shut down the SDNY. It is horrifying to see the executive branch trying to shut down investigations of its members. This is an extreme effort at authoritarian government. This is unacceptable to Americans.
Oh right, because Democrats are the party of “law and order”.

What happened to defund the police?

I'm 73, and I've never seen presidential corruption like this in the U.S. - in fact I've never seen anything even close to this. This is new territory for presidential corruption. This should highly alarm everyone - regardless of their politics. Nixon was a saint compared to Trump.
What laws has President a Trump broke?

Berman said get someone nominated and I will step down. Trump and his goon Bill Barr play this game like something straight out of Putin's handbook.
Putin’s playbook? Nominating a judge for Senate approval?

I guess you would prefer if this Berman stayed on even longer, even though he was never nominated by the President or confirmed by the Senate? He was originally appointed to a 120 day interim term back in 2018. He should had been replaced a long time ago.

Don't cry Lakhota... It will be all right...

1592636092778.png

That's what it seems...I have been saying all along, i've lived under a soft dictatorship and it is very evident Trump acts like a dictator. Judiciary should always be independent to oversee the executive branch but Trump don't want anyone or anything stopping him it seems.

Berman was appointed by then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions in January 2018, months after former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara was fired after refusing to resign along with dozens of other federal prosecutors appointed by President Barack Obama. Bharara himself sounded skeptical of the resignation, saying on Twitter it "doesn't sound like 'stepping down.'"

How does all of the SDNY investigations on Trump go down? Stop them is what they are trying to do.
Don't forget Gooliani. He's still under investigation as well.

"Of all the investigations into his dubious behavior, the one that most sets Donald Trump’s hair on fire involves Deutsche Bank. The German lender is famous for being the only institution that would loan the ex-real-estate developer money while everyone else treated him like the pariah he was, and presumably knows more about his finances than anyone outside the Trump Organization. Earlier this week, the president, his company, and his three eldest children sued Deutsche (and Capital One) in an effort to stop the banks from responding to congressional subpoenas, and a new report from Bloomberg hints at why Trump seems particularly antsy about the idea of Germans telling Democrats everything they know: in addition to decades’ worth of information concerning his financial transactions, some people inside the firm have actually seen his elusive tax returns."

^
Fake News

Forum List

Back