🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

William Barr Says U.S. Attorney In Manhattan Is Resigning. U.S. Attorney Says No, He’s Not.

Berman's replacement formally represented Deutche Bank. F'n Trump is gonna try and stay out of jail with this crap?

"On Friday night, the Attorney General William Barr announced that Geoffrey Berman, the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, will be stepping down.
His replacement will be Jay Clayton — who previously represented Deutsche Bank, one of President Donald Trump’s most significant business creditors, from allegations they facilitated Russian money laundering."

Well this just keeps getting better and better. Has there ever been a President that went to jail for crimes in office after losing in a landslide election fueled by his administrations corruption? Best move would be to step down day after the election, appoint Pence and have Pence pardon him. It would pretty well be the death of the Republican party, but trump easily would sacrifice the party. Hell, he isn't a republican, anyway.

pence can only pardon for federal crimes. Not state crimes. Only a governor can do that.

The state of New York is investigating trump. He can't stop it. If the state of NY charges him with crimes he will have to show up at trial. If found guilty he will have to face the sentence.

If anyone thinks that Andrew Cuomo is going to pardon trump of any state crimes I have a beautiful piece of ocean beach front property in Colorado to sell them.
Does the US attorney work for the Feds or the New York AG? Well aware New York has him in their sights also. Make no mistake, wiping out all possible federal charges would be a good move that he will not overlook.

All that will do is just delay the inevitable.

The state of NY has the authority to investigate and prosecute people. Including donald trump.

So if he succeeds in stoping the federal investigation, that won't make his problems go away.

If he's not reelected he will be facing a lot of legal problems both state and federal. Biden has already pledged that he won't pardon trump or any of his people and won't stop any investigation into trump's crimes.

If he's reelected, the federal investigations can stop for the 4 years but after that, if a democrat takes office in 2025, the investigations and prosecutions will start.

So we're back to, it's just going to delay the inevitable.
While I admire your idealism that justice will prevail, I am aware that sometimes it doesn't. Sometime justice can be like a $hit sandwich, exactly 2 inches thick from top to bottom of bread slices. The more bread you got, the less $shit you got to take.

For years I have said that justice in America is the person who has the most money to buy the best lawyer, wins.

Yes I know I'm chasing windmills at least at the federal level but maybe not at the state level. New York State appoints and elects their judges. Not trump. New York State elects their AG. Not trump. So New York State has more chance to be uncorrupted by trump than the federal level.

No one knows what will happen until it happens. So we have to wait to see.

One thing for sure, it will be interesting to watch unfold.

Geoffrey Berman rebuts attorney general’s statement, saying he has “no intention of resigning” his job overseeing major cases against Trump and his allies.

U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman is leaving as head of the powerful Southern District of New York, Attorney General William Barr announced late Friday. The Manhattan office is one of the nation’s mightiest districts, trying major cases against the mobsters, terrorists — and allies of President Donald Trump, including his personal lawyer Michael Cohen.

But Berman issued his own statement following Barr’s announcement, saying that he is not resigning and has “no intention of resigning my position.”

Barr’s announcement Friday came just days after allegations by Trump’s former national security adviser John Bolton that the president sought to block a Southern District probe into the Turkish Halkbank in a bid to cut deals with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

Barr announced Berman’s departure in a press release. He said that Trump has nominated the current chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Jay Clayton — who has virtually no experience as a prosecutor — to replace him.

This is a BIG deal. I wonder how it will end. What do you think?
I honestly didnt know the US is this corrupt, where presidents can remove and assign judges that align with their views and interests. I can safely say I have 0 respect now of the bullcrap democracy that the propaganda machine had been selling the world.

I'm 73, and I've never seen presidential corruption like this in the U.S. - in fact I've never seen anything even close to this. This is new territory for presidential corruption. This should highly alarm everyone - regardless of their politics. Nixon was a saint compared to Trump.
I'm 67 and am totally alarmed.i have never seen this level of disgrace in my lifetime until now.

Berman's replacement formally represented Deutche Bank. F'n Trump is gonna try and stay out of jail with this crap?

"On Friday night, the Attorney General William Barr announced that Geoffrey Berman, the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, will be stepping down.
His replacement will be Jay Clayton — who previously represented Deutsche Bank, one of President Donald Trump’s most significant business creditors, from allegations they facilitated Russian money laundering."

Well this just keeps getting better and better. Has there ever been a President that went to jail for crimes in office after losing in a landslide election fueled by his administrations corruption? Best move would be to step down day after the election, appoint Pence and have Pence pardon him. It would pretty well be the death of the Republican party, but trump easily would sacrifice the party. Hell, he isn't a republican, anyway.

pence can only pardon for federal crimes. Not state crimes. Only a governor can do that.

The state of New York is investigating trump. He can't stop it. If the state of NY charges him with crimes he will have to show up at trial. If found guilty he will have to face the sentence.

If anyone thinks that Andrew Cuomo is going to pardon trump of any state crimes I have a beautiful piece of ocean beach front property in Colorado to sell them.
Does the US attorney work for the Feds or the New York AG? Well aware New York has him in their sights also. Make no mistake, wiping out all possible federal charges would be a good move that he will not overlook.

All that will do is just delay the inevitable.

The state of NY has the authority to investigate and prosecute people. Including donald trump.

So if he succeeds in stoping the federal investigation, that won't make his problems go away.

If he's not reelected he will be facing a lot of legal problems both state and federal. Biden has already pledged that he won't pardon trump or any of his people and won't stop any investigation into trump's crimes.

If he's reelected, the federal investigations can stop for the 4 years but after that, if a democrat takes office in 2025, the investigations and prosecutions will start.

So we're back to, it's just going to delay the inevitable.
While I admire your idealism that justice will prevail, I am aware that sometimes it doesn't. Sometime justice can be like a $hit sandwich, exactly 2 inches thick from top to bottom of bread slices. The more bread you got, the less $shit you got to take.

For years I have said that justice in America is the person who has the most money to buy the best lawyer, wins.

Yes I know I'm chasing windmills at least at the federal level but maybe not at the state level. New York State appoints and elects their judges. Not trump. New York State elects their AG. Not trump. So New York State has more chance to be uncorrupted by trump than the federal level.

No one knows what will happen until it happens. So we have to wait to see.

One thing for sure, it will be interesting to watch unfold.
Yep. Don't worry about taking time to tilt at the occasional wind mill. Have been known to have a tilt, myself. Just a little more jaded than I used to be, so pretty sure no clap of lightening will strike, causing milk and honey to pour fourth from the nether regions of that blind lady with the scales, and flow throughout the land.

I wonder how this will end? Regardless, it's another big stain on Trump and Barr. If Barr does fire Berman - I would think Barr would have to give a "legitimate" reason for it - other than trying to cover up Trump's corruption.

The top federal prosecutor in Manhattan who had investigated several of Donald Trump’s associates and his company’s business dealings was fired by the president on Saturday, Attorney General William Barr said in a letter.

In his announcement of the firing, Barr claimed Berman was trying to create a “public spectacle.”

Despite Barr’s letter specifically saying he was acting under the orders of the president, Trump told reporters outside the White House Saturday afternoon that he was “not involved” in the decision.

“That’s [Barr’s] department, not my department,” Trump said. “So that’s really up to him, I’m not involved.”

TRUMP FIRES U.S. ATTORNEY AFTER A.G. SHOWDOWN

I wonder what "spectacle" Berman was creating - other than doing his job.

Geoffrey Berman rebuts attorney general’s statement, saying he has “no intention of resigning” his job overseeing major cases against Trump and his allies.

U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman is leaving as head of the powerful Southern District of New York, Attorney General William Barr announced late Friday. The Manhattan office is one of the nation’s mightiest districts, trying major cases against the mobsters, terrorists — and allies of President Donald Trump, including his personal lawyer Michael Cohen.

But Berman issued his own statement following Barr’s announcement, saying that he is not resigning and has “no intention of resigning my position.”

Barr’s announcement Friday came just days after allegations by Trump’s former national security adviser John Bolton that the president sought to block a Southern District probe into the Turkish Halkbank in a bid to cut deals with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

Barr announced Berman’s departure in a press release. He said that Trump has nominated the current chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Jay Clayton — who has virtually no experience as a prosecutor — to replace him.

He's gone, Dumbfuck.

:iyfyus.jpg:

In a letter to Geoffrey Berman obtained by Fox News, Barr said he asked Trump to fire Berman after the Manhattan federal prosecutor said Friday he planned to stay on the job against the Trump Administration's wishes.

"Unfortunately, with your statement of last night, you have chosen public spectacle over public service," Barr said in the letter. "Because you have declared that you have no intention of resigning, I have asked the President to remove you as of today, and he has done so."

He's gone, Dumbfuck.

:iyfyus.jpg:

In a letter to Geoffrey Berman obtained by Fox News, Barr said he asked Trump to fire Berman after the Manhattan federal prosecutor said Friday he planned to stay on the job against the Trump Administration's wishes.

"Unfortunately, with your statement of last night, you have chosen public spectacle over public service," Barr said in the letter. "Because you have declared that you have no intention of resigning, I have asked the President to remove you as of today, and he has done so."

Why didn't the fat ass fire Berman himself in the first place?

Why didn't the fat ass fire Berman himself in the first place?
It's quite common in Govt to ask for someone's resignation to give them a chance to save face. This clown didn't take the opportunity.

Instead, he doubled down on the stupid and now really looks like an idiot.

Glad I could clear that up for ya, Window Licker.

It's quite common in Govt to ask for someone's resignation to give them a chance to save face. This clown didn't take the opportunity.

Instead, he doubled down on the stupid and now really looks like an idiot.

Glad I could clear that up for ya, Window Licker.
Because Trump is a chicken shit keyboard warrior you buttkisser.

Letitia James is gonna lower the boom by the end of January. And there ain't nothin' Impeached Donnie or Fat Billy can do about it. Trump and Rudy are gonna spend a little quality time in Club Fed together.

Whether Barman is railroaded out of not, the man is known to carry receipts home with him each night. He's got a bag the size of a Volkswagen loaded with evidence and files. Hopefully he hands it over to Ms James.

f0a5fc8cc067cb0b6c27c3aa460a187a.jpg

The stupidity of leftists in full color, Berman was NEVER approved by the Senate, he was a fill in until someone gets nominated for the office, it has happened, which is why the turd has to leave, since the turd refused, Trump FIRED him!

AG Bill Barr Responds to Berman: President Trump Fired You Effective Today – UPDATE Berman Responds: “I’m Leaving”…

Posted on June 20, 2020 by sundance

Excerpt:

Attorney General Bill Barr responds to SDNY U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman who announced his refusal to leave his position last night:

…”Because you have declared that you have no intention of resigning, I have asked the President to remove you as of today, and he has done so.”…
Shorthand: You’re fired.

LINK

===
The Letter to the turd from Barr, is in the link.

Because Trump is a chicken shit keyboard warrior you buttkisser.

Your stupidity going off the charts, Trump has no problem firing people, he Fired Comey... THREE years ago oh you for got that huh?

In a tweet, Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) wrote that both Trump and Barr are liars. “There’s not a single word either man says that we can trust. We must get to the bottom of this,” he said.

Well said.

In a tweet, Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) wrote that both Trump and Barr are liars. “There’s not a single word either man says that we can trust. We must get to the bottom of this,” he said.

Well said.
So, this clown isn't fired?

oops!

Seems like Cryin' Chucky is the liar.

Guess since the guy investigating the crimes of trump and friends was fired that means trump is innocent?/ Un FN believable Trump and Barr should be ridden out of town on a rail

"In a statement, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.), a close Trump ally whose panel oversees U.S. attorney nominations, said he had not been consulted by the move and would follow Senate tradition by essentially giving New York’s two home-state senators veto power over the nomination.

The two Democrats, Schumer and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, both said Saturday that Clayton shouldn’t even be considered for the job."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...bfa3b4-b30f-11ea-8758-bfd1d045525a_story.html

It would appear Barr's efforts in trying to install another obedient Trump lackey has failed unless circumstances change.

Bolton was spot on when he said in his book Trump has engaged in "obstruction of justice as a way of life."

Now we know.

"Ex-U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman had a disagreement with top officials at the Justice Department the day before he was ousted over a letter the department wanted to send New York Mayor Bill De Blasio, the Wall Street Journal reported Monday.

The letter sought to bash De Blasio for COVID-19 public health orders that limited religious gatherings in the city, according to the Journal. The Justice Department was critical of the policy in light of lack of enforcement of social distancing orders against recent protests, the Journal said.

On Thursday, Berman refused to sign on to the letter, the Journal reported. He believed the letter to be a “political stunt”in the Journal’s words — and worried that it would strain his office’s relationship with the city."
WSJ: Before His Ouster, Berman Beefed With DOJ Over COVID Letter To De Blasio

Political stunt! This DOJ does little else seeing as Baby Donald has so completely politicized the department.

Why are we surprised, trump and barr are the two biggest criminals in government history...

1592871312422.png
1592871274236.png

Forum List

Back