🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

William Barr Says U.S. Attorney In Manhattan Is Resigning. U.S. Attorney Says No, He’s Not.

Berman was appointed by judges, NOT Trump, so can Trump fire him?
I think it will be up to the courts to decide, unless the US Senate confirms sooner.
But then Mitch has said he won't be pushing through very much in the next few months.
Poor Mitch is having trouble convincing Kentucky that he's good for America.
Not sure what crime Berman has broken by refusing NOT to leave a job he was appointed to fulfill.

But until the Senate approves, NOTHING has been done, and the interim appointment by the Judges holds.

Ahh, hold on there nellie... Berman was appointed almost 3 years ago without Senate approval on a interim basis... The Boss fires him and appoints the next fellar on an interim basis... Pretty slick huh? Just like Obama done it...

Berman said get someone nominated and I will step down. Trump and his goon Bill Barr play this game like something straight out of Putin's handbook.

Yep, this is a lawless authoritarian regime led by thugs. What baffles me is why Fat Billy hasn't figured out by now that he's permanently soiling what used to be merely a partially soiled reputation.

The writing was on the wall when he submitted an unsolicited 19 page job application. WHY in God's name was he approved when he openly stated that he believed the president to be above the law?

It will end when Trump fires him.
"Unlike many other U.S. attorneys, Berman is almost uniquely positioned to resist efforts to oust him, at least for a while. U.S. attorneys are typically nominated by the president and confirmed by the Senate, but in Berman’s case he was appointed to the job by the federal court in his district, and there is some legal precedent indicating that only the court, not the Justice Department, can remove him until a replacement is confirmed by the Senate."

Yep, this is a lawless authoritarian regime led by thugs. What baffles me is why Fat Billy hasn't figured out by now that he's permanently soiling what used to be merely a partially soiled reputation.
Billy the Bagman's belief in the unitary authority of the executive is not a completely indefensible position to take. But his willingness to corrupt the DOJ in service of a corrupt prez is.

Berman's replacement formally represented Deutche Bank. F'n Trump is gonna try and stay out of jail with this crap?

"On Friday night, the Attorney General William Barr announced that Geoffrey Berman, the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, will be stepping down.
His replacement will be Jay Clayton — who previously represented Deutsche Bank, one of President Donald Trump’s most significant business creditors, from allegations they facilitated Russian money laundering."

Well this just keeps getting better and better. Has there ever been a President that went to jail for crimes in office after losing in a landslide election fueled by his administrations corruption? Best move would be to step down day after the election, appoint Pence and have Pence pardon him. It would pretty well be the death of the Republican party, but trump easily would sacrifice the party. Hell, he isn't a republican, anyway.

Pence couldn't pardon Trump for state crimes. New York AG is waiting...

Letitia James is gonna lower the boom by the end of January. And there ain't nothin' Impeached Donnie or Fat Billy can do about it. Trump and Rudy are gonna spend a little quality time in Club Fed together.

Whether Barman is railroaded out of not, the man is known to carry receipts home with him each night. He's got a bag the size of a Volkswagen loaded with evidence and files. Hopefully he hands it over to Ms James.

f0a5fc8cc067cb0b6c27c3aa460a187a.jpg

Geoffrey Berman rebuts attorney general’s statement, saying he has “no intention of resigning” his job overseeing major cases against Trump and his allies.

U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman is leaving as head of the powerful Southern District of New York, Attorney General William Barr announced late Friday. The Manhattan office is one of the nation’s mightiest districts, trying major cases against the mobsters, terrorists — and allies of President Donald Trump, including his personal lawyer Michael Cohen.

But Berman issued his own statement following Barr’s announcement, saying that he is not resigning and has “no intention of resigning my position.”

Barr’s announcement Friday came just days after allegations by Trump’s former national security adviser John Bolton that the president sought to block a Southern District probe into the Turkish Halkbank in a bid to cut deals with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

Barr announced Berman’s departure in a press release. He said that Trump has nominated the current chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Jay Clayton — who has virtually no experience as a prosecutor — to replace him.

This is a BIG deal. I wonder how it will end. What do you think?

Good for Berman.
Fuck Trump.
ButtBoy Barr tries to pull another one after hours in the dark.
Berman can only be removed by a Senate vote.
Let's hope the fucking Republicans show some spine and stop Mr. Mussolini in the White House.

If Trump perceives you as even the slightest threat, he'll do all he can to eliminate you.

And again, we've seen this before in world history, and we've gotten past it.

But what did that skinny little twat press secretary say about Trump? That he wants to surround himself "with a team of rivals".
How does that bitch sleep at night?

Berman was appointed by judges, NOT Trump, so can Trump fire him?
I think it will be up to the courts to decide, unless the US Senate confirms sooner.
But then Mitch has said he won't be pushing through very much in the next few months.
Poor Mitch is having trouble convincing Kentucky that he's good for America.
Not sure what crime Berman has broken by refusing NOT to leave a job he was appointed to fulfill.

Near as I can figure, what Barr did is not only inappropriate, but ILLEGAL.

Forum List

Back