Winning! Supreme Court Tosses Ruling Against Christian Bakers Who Refused Cake For Gay Couple

Right. :icon_rolleyes: Clearly the mob of sodomists who preferred to "know" the two men staying with Lott rather than his two young virgin daughters were not gay! Sure thing! Not gay at all! No gay tendencies exhibited there. Nope! And Harvey Milk and Liberace were raging hetero males.

"Not long afterward, "the LORD appeared" to Abraham in the form of "three men" come to visit and have a meal with him, and after two left to go to Sodom,". Men! Not nine foot tall beings of light. Men.

The Sodomites (don't forget where they got their name) demanded of Lott to "know" these angels but Lott said take my two daughters instead which did not please them.
The Sodomites, famous for their "sodomy" (but who you insist were not gay) said hell no, bring us those two cute guys in your house.

You claim the Sodomites were not gay but when offered two young virgin girls in place of the angels the crowd demanded the angels (who appeared as men to them). Not gay? Not a fucking chance!

You aren't a liar so much as a deluded fool.
And according to the bible, and not you and your b.s., it was Lott's daughters who got their father drunk so they could lay with him. Lot (biblical person) - Wikipedia.

There was no rape here, certainly not on Lott's part anyway. Better educated? Or just an incompetent liar? Your story is clearly an attempt to deny who the Sodomites were and what went on in Sodom. Unfortunately what went on in Sodom did not stay there.

I cannot believe you offer this all as a serious reinterpretation of the bible. It's fucking bunk!
Get lost.

You actually believe all the men of Sodom were gay and that’s why the city was destroyed? You’re not even applying logic let alone a reasonable person standard. And even if that were remotely possible, what about Gomorrah?

If I may interject here: Genesis 19:4 says that all the men of the city converged outside Lot's home.

NIV version:
4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

King James version:
4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them

It would appear that, by the text itself, every man in the city of Sodom wanted to lay with Lot's guests. As for Gomorrah, Abraham conversed with the angels before they entered the city and he pleaded for them to spare the cities if there were at least ten righteous people living there and they agreed. So, we can only assume from the fact that they destroyed them that there were fewer than ten righteous people in the cities or none at all.

Yeah, we know how the story has been translated through the centuries. The word “to know” appears frequently but seldom means “to know” in the biblical sense. Even if they were bent on raping the angels, they did not do so because they were gay since rape is about power and control not sexual attraction.

If it was only about power and control then did they not rape Lot's daughters? They had plenty of chances to rape his daughters because Lot lived in the city and yet they never approached Lot's house until the two men showed up.

Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

In this particular passage of Ezekiel, God is speaking through Ezekial to the city of Jerusalem and addresses the city as if it were a prostitute: Ez. 16:35 - "" 'Therefore, you prostitute (Jerusalem), hear the word of the LORD!'"

The Genesis story doesn't mention the Sodomites not helping the poor and needy but homosexuality certainly falls under "detestable things".

I'm no Bible scholar and I don't believe any of it but I would have to say, based on what I've read, the text seems to be saying that all or all but ten of the people in these two cities were wicked and engaged in sexual immorality.

Matthew 10 talks about Sodom and Gomorrah...right after talking about:

Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

“Do not get any gold or silver or copper to take with you in your no bag for the journey or extra shirt or sandals or a staff, for the worker is worth his keep. Whatever town or village you enter, search there for some worthy person and stay at their house until you leave. As you enter the home, give it your greeting. If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.

Nothing about gays. How strange. Jesus had the perfect opportunity to go after gays...I mean he brought up S&G when he was talking about healing the sick and raising the dead...if gays were the reason those cities were destroyed, wouldn't Jesus have mentioned that?

By this time I imagine everyone knew the story of Sodom and Gomorrah and why they were destroyed. In this passage Jesus is referring merely to their destruction as an example of God's judgment on wickedness. The specifics as to why they were destroyed was not what he wanted to convey.

What I find curious though is that he advised his disciples to avoid towns of Gentiles and Samaritans when the entire purpose of his coming was to save sinners. That's one for the religion forum I guess.

Every male member of the town Sodom demanded that Lot send out his two male house guests so that
they could "know" them.
Lot offered to send out his two virgin daughters instead but the crowd was not placated.

There is a reason why anal sex is called "sodomy".

Or cite where, in the Constitution it says that government must bow to the wishes of self-righteous fundies.

How's about we just let people live their lives without government meddling.
Great idea, Socrates. Why don't we tell the Oregon Court of Appeals and the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries to go fuck themselves? Their meddling is not appreciated and this is not Communist China.
The days of government compelling labor against people's wills were over I thought with the 14th Amendment.
Or cite where, in the Constitution it says that government must bow to the wishes of self-righteous fundies.

How's about we just let people live their lives without government meddling.
Great idea, Socrates. Why don't we tell the Oregon Court of Appeals and the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries to go fuck themselves? Their meddling is not appreciated and this is not Communist China.
The days of government compelling labor against people's wills were over I thought with the 14th Amendment.

We still have our Constitution I presume that guarantees freedom of thought and religion. The two lesbians that
blew a gasket when the Kleins declined to make their wedding cake could have gone dozens of other places to have their cake and gobble it down too.

Where do the Kleins go when authoritarian leftist courts and commissions deny people their Constitutional rights?

We still have our Constitution I presume that guarantees freedom of thought and religion. The two lesbians that
blew a gasket when the Kleins declined to make their wedding cake could have gone dozens of other places to have their cake and gobble it down too.

Where do the Kleins go when authoritarian leftist courts and commissions deny people their Constitutional rights?

Totally agree. But religion has nothing to do with it.

If I may interject here: Genesis 19:4 says that all the men of the city converged outside Lot's home.

NIV version:
4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

King James version:
4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them

It would appear that, by the text itself, every man in the city of Sodom wanted to lay with Lot's guests. As for Gomorrah, Abraham conversed with the angels before they entered the city and he pleaded for them to spare the cities if there were at least ten righteous people living there and they agreed. So, we can only assume from the fact that they destroyed them that there were fewer than ten righteous people in the cities or none at all.

Yeah, we know how the story has been translated through the centuries. The word “to know” appears frequently but seldom means “to know” in the biblical sense. Even if they were bent on raping the angels, they did not do so because they were gay since rape is about power and control not sexual attraction.

If it was only about power and control then did they not rape Lot's daughters? They had plenty of chances to rape his daughters because Lot lived in the city and yet they never approached Lot's house until the two men showed up.

Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

In this particular passage of Ezekiel, God is speaking through Ezekial to the city of Jerusalem and addresses the city as if it were a prostitute: Ez. 16:35 - "" 'Therefore, you prostitute (Jerusalem), hear the word of the LORD!'"

The Genesis story doesn't mention the Sodomites not helping the poor and needy but homosexuality certainly falls under "detestable things".

I'm no Bible scholar and I don't believe any of it but I would have to say, based on what I've read, the text seems to be saying that all or all but ten of the people in these two cities were wicked and engaged in sexual immorality.

They didn't want to exert power over Lotts daughters. They already HAD power over his daughters. Women had no rights or power. You should volunteer with a Rape Crisis Center. It's an eye opener.

Unless you're saying that women were never raped at that time, I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Besides, that is not the kind of power a rapist is looking for. A rapist wants to exert sexual power over the woman. I don't think her rights and power factor into it.

Wrong. It isn't about sex at all which is why I recommended you volunteer at a rape crisis center.

Sexual Assault Misconceptions | Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center

All of this may be true but even so, I highly doubt that no women were raped at that time in that region of the world. In fact, a quick Google search will get you articles about rape in Saudi Arabia and the middle east.

What's ironic is that, in spite of the laws that required victims to marry their rapists and cultural mores that view women victims as being partially at fault and women generally having no rights or power, they are raped anyway.

No, it's not. At least not that particular sentence. As I said before, immoral sexual acts very easily fall under "detestable acts" mentioned in the next sentence.
None of them are about consenting adult gay relationships. Matthew 10 doesn't mention "detestable acts".

Matthew 10 doesn't mention not helping the poor and needy either and in fact, mentions no specific sins or wrongdoings at all. So what can we infer from that?

Nothing about gays. How strange. Jesus had the perfect opportunity to go after gays...I mean he brought up S&G when he was talking about healing the sick and raising the dead...if gays were the reason those cities were destroyed, wouldn't Jesus have mentioned that?
Sodom & Gomorrah: Bible Story with Lesson

GFY.....speaking of sick unnatural acts. There's a reason why sodomy got it's name.

Jesus never brought it up despite having the perfect opportunity. He even mentioned Sodom and Gomorrah but not a WORD about gays or even “unnatural acts” in Matthew. Nope, he was all about helping the poor and needy. (And hating on divorce). How come these supposed “Christian bakers” never deny service to divorced couples?

You actually believe all the men of Sodom were gay and that’s why the city was destroyed? You’re not even applying logic let alone a reasonable person standard. And even if that were remotely possible, what about Gomorrah?

NIV version:

King James version:

Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

“Do not get any gold or silver or copper to take with you in your no bag for the journey or extra shirt or sandals or a staff, for the worker is worth his keep. Whatever town or village you enter, search there for some worthy person and stay at their house until you leave. As you enter the home, give it your greeting. If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.

You're floundering. The men of Sodom attempted to rape God's angels. It wasnt the only reason God destroyed it but it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

How can that be if god decided to destroy Sodom AND Gomorrah BEFORE the angels visited?

NIV version:

King James version:

You're floundering. The men of Sodom attempted to rape God's angels. It wasnt the only reason God destroyed it but it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

How can that be if god decided to destroy Sodom AND Gomorrah BEFORE the angels visited?

Look, it's obvious you don't have the first clue about the topic, you're just burying your head in the sand and trying to deny homosexuality is a sin, was part of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and bakers have every right to deny service to providing services to what is clearly sinful in the eyes of our Lord.

You can screech, stomp your feet and wail all day long but it's a fact

Jesus never brought it up despite having the perfect opportunity. He even mentioned Sodom and Gomorrah but not a WORD about gays or even “unnatural acts” in Matthew. Nope, he was all about helping the poor and needy. (And hating on divorce).
Jesus Condemned Sodomy And Homosexuality in The Strongest Terms
Your premise is all wrong, naturally.

How come these supposed “Christian bakers” never deny service to divorced couples?
Probably because no baker is asked to become part of the divorce in any way, unlike gay marriages where bakers are asked to contribute to the wedding with their craft and artistry. You sure are dumb.

Look, it's obvious you don't have the first clue about the topic, you're just burying your head in the sand and trying to deny homosexuality is a sin, was part of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and bakers have every right to deny service to providing services to what is clearly sinful in the eyes of our Lord.

You can screech, stomp your feet and wail all day long but it's a fact
Every day it's some new act of denial and idiocy.

He hadn't. But how could you know that? You are like the retard trying to figure out the veritable Rubik's Cube when it comes to these things. Yet you keep chiming in, as if you have it all figured out.You do not.

"The story of the judgment of Sodom and Gomorrah is told in Genesis 18–19. Three men, thought by most commentators to have been angels appearing as men came to Abraham in the plains of Mamre. After the angels received the hospitality of Abraham and Sarah, the Lord revealed to Abraham that he would confirm what he had heard against Sodom and Gomorrah, "and because their sin is very grievous."

In response, Abraham inquired of the Lord if he would spare the city if 50 righteous people were found in it, to which the Lord agreed he would not destroy it for the sake of the righteous yet dwelling therein ".

He hadn't. But how could you know that? You are like the retard trying to figure out the veritable Rubik's Cube when it comes to these things. Yet you keep chiming in, as if you have it all figured out.You do not.

"The story of the judgment of Sodom and Gomorrah is told in Genesis 18–19. Three men, thought by most commentators to have been angels appearing as men came to Abraham in the plains of Mamre. After the angels received the hospitality of Abraham and Sarah, the Lord revealed to Abraham that he would confirm what he had heard against Sodom and Gomorrah, "and because their sin is very grievous."

In response, Abraham inquired of the Lord if he would spare the city if 50 righteous people were found in it, to which the Lord agreed he would not destroy it for the sake of the righteous yet dwelling therein ".

Right, so he was going to destroy the city BEFORE the gang rape attempt. Why? Because they were inhospitable to strangers. They were the ancient version of a rich, gated community.

Jesus never brought it up despite having the perfect opportunity. He even mentioned Sodom and Gomorrah but not a WORD about gays or even “unnatural acts” in Matthew. Nope, he was all about helping the poor and needy. (And hating on divorce).
Jesus Condemned Sodomy And Homosexuality in The Strongest Terms
Your premise is all wrong, naturally.

How come these supposed “Christian bakers” never deny service to divorced couples?
Probably because no baker is asked to become part of the divorce in any way, unlike gay marriages where bakers are asked to contribute to the wedding with their craft and artistry. You sure are dumb.

If they are baking a cake for a formerly divorced couple, they are "participants in the sin" more than a gay couple...since divorce is actually something Jesus spoke against.

"Anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Right, so he was going to destroy the city BEFORE the gang rape attempt. Why? Because they were inhospitable to strangers. They were the ancient version of a rich, gated community.
LOL...your take on biblical history is hilarious. It's not as though all the men in Sodom turned into butt pirates the minute Lot and daughters showed up with the two men who were actually angels. Being rude and inhospitable is only part of their problem.
Your willing ignorance is so entertaining.

If they are baking a cake for a formerly divorced couple, they are "participants in the sin" more than a gay couple...since divorce is actually something Jesus spoke against.

"Anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”
Not unless you can prove the bakers were complicit in causing a divorce or were approving of a divorce which he or she may know nothing about (or even be aware of).

And if you don't think Jesus was against a man laying with a man or woman with a woman then you are either so dishonest or ignorant your opinion is worthless anyway (and so it is).

And by the way, if you don't think gay couples have married and then divorced then you are
also dishonest or ignorant once again. Surprise.

LOL...your take on biblical history is hilarious. It's not as though all the men in Sodom turned into butt pirates the minute Lot and daughters showed up with the two men who were actually angels. Being rude and inhospitable is only part of their problem.
Your willing ignorance is so entertaining.

That's exactly how it is described in the bible. Your willingness to believe an entire city was gay and that's why they were destroyed completely abandons all logic or rational thought. Why did Lott and his wife live in an all gay city? What explains the destruction of Gomorrah?

But, you just want to discriminate against gays so any justification will do no matter how wrong or stupid...just like the racists with their bible verses.

Not unless you can prove the bakers were complicit in causing a divorce or were approving of a divorce which he or she may know nothing about (or even be aware of).

And if you don't think Jesus was against a man laying with a man or woman with a woman then you are either so dishonest or ignorant your opinion is worthless anyway (and so it is).

And by the way, if you don't think gay couples have married and then divorced then you are
also dishonest or ignorant once again. Surprise.
They are baking a cake for a sinful couple. Isn't that the bakers grief with the gay couple, that by baking the cake for them they are condoning and talking part in that sin?

So what if gay couples marry and divorce? That has nothing to do with the point you are dodging.

That's exactly how it is described in the bible. Your willingness to believe an entire city was gay and that's why they were destroyed completely abandons all logic or rational thought. Why did Lott and his wife live in an all gay city? What explains the destruction of Gomorrah?

But, you just want to discriminate against gays so any justification will do no matter how wrong or stupid...just like the racists with their bible verses.
Lot was not living in Sodom but somewhere near it. And a biblical expert could explain why Gomorrah was destroyed along with Sodom, or San Francisco B.C. as people like to think of it. Why not research the matter?

As for me, who this thread is not about, I've said several times now these bakers do not express my views personally (I am not anti gay but I am anti the gay political agenda). I am pro personal freedoms and I support someone's right not to be bullied or be forced by leftist Oregon state bureaucrats that want to run the Klein's business instead of the Klein's themselves.

But you don't read, think or learn and I've explained this all before. This issue for me is not about gay rights. Those chunky lesbos have the right to get married and they can buy whatever they want for their wedding anywhere they want except for this one little shop in Gresham where the owners' religious convictions stop them from using their labor to promote a gay wedding.

Somebody has already cited the case of the Muslim truck drivers who sued and won because they were forced to transport liquor which violated their convictions (no matter how foolish most people think they are). I don't hear gay ideologues like you squawking about that.
Muslim truck drivers refuse to deliver beer, win $240,000 lawsuit

You are bitching about a fucking cake and I am defending a Constitutional right. Which is more important?
The Supreme Court agreed. Liberty wins. You lose. Get over it you pearl clutching dope.

Last edited:

Lot was not living in Sodom but somewhere near it. And a biblical expert could explain why Gomorrah was destroyed along with Sodom, or San Francisco B.C. as people like to think of it. Why not research the matter?

As for me, who this thread is not about, I've said several times now these bakers do not express my views personally (I am not anti gay but I am anti the gay political agenda). I am pro personal freedoms and I support someone's right not to be bullied or be forced by leftist Oregon state bureaucrats that want to run the Klein's business instead of the Klein's themselves.

But you don't read, think or learn and I've explained this all before. This issue for me is not about gay rights. Those chunky lesbos have the right to get married and they can buy whatever they want for their wedding anywhere they want except for this one little shop in Gresham where the owners' religious convictions stop them from using their labor to promote a gay wedding.

Somebody has already cited the case of the Muslim truck drivers who sued and won because they were forced to transport liquor which violated their convictions (no matter how foolish most people think they are). I don't hear gay ideologues like you squawking about that.

You are bitching about a fucking cake and I am defending a Constitutional right. Which is more important?
The Supreme Court agreed. Liberty wins. You lose. Get over it you pearl clutching dope.

You're wasting your time. She's Biblical illiterate and is for anything gay.

They are baking a cake for a sinful couple. Isn't that the bakers grief with the gay couple, that by baking the cake for them they are condoning and talking part in that sin?

So what if gay couples marry and divorce? That has nothing to do with the point you are dodging.
I agree. So what if the gay couple divorces, as some have done. I don't have any idea what point you think you are making.

You're wasting your time. She's Biblical illiterate and is for anything gay.
I agree but it's actually interesting to see where her crazy train will make it's next stop. She's a moron and a good laugh.
I reposted the citation about the Muslims who won a law suit because their religious rights were ignored so the issue couldn't be more clear but I bet she will find some way to rationalize that fact.

I will tire of the idiocy soon though so this will not go one forever.

Forum List

Back