With ‘cancel culture’ in ‘dying’ US, & opposition media bans in E. Europe, Russia now world’s ‘last island of freedom’

as mass censorship purges Trump supporters from social nets, with social nets oligarkhs banning some news and promoting news they favour, with US cracking down on freedom of speech in other countries - have USA and USSR traded places? :)

You mean the republicans are stopping to cancel people, I doubt it.

How has the USA squash free speech??

in the US people can't speak freely, or they are canceled, they are thrown out of their jobs, their social nets accounts banned and so on.

the fact that polls predict one figure of votes for Trump and in reality millions more vote for Trump demonstrates nothing but that people FEAR to speak

What exactly are you not allowed to say?

As was said numerous times when the athletes were kneeling at games, "The 1st amendment protects your right to free speech. It does not protect you from the consequences of what you say".

Fortunately I am not an American and so far I see only attempts to restrict my freedom of speech here, we'll see how far they will go..

as for freedom of speech for Americans - weren't numerous posts deleted, people fired from jobs, people led to suicide etc.

and obviously it's demagogy to state that you have full free of speech even if you get killed as a consequence of it :)

Freedom of Speech, as outlined in the First Amendment, prevents the gov't from silencing you. It does not guarantee that owners of private websites will not restrict what you can say.

And the people who lost their jobs did not have their speech censored. But the employers are allowed to fire someone based on radical views or for bringing bad publicity to the company thereby jeopardizing the entire company.

FYI, if you commit suicide because people didn't like what you said, that isn't getting killed over free speech. That is being a coward for not standing up for what you believe.

you live in a Gulag which is run by private companies where presidents and governments are nominal - we can see how an IT oligarkh can silence even an elected president by a finger move.

7 biggest investments funds own more than half of S&P companies, the same funds own social nets, the same funds own US banks, the Fed and finally your government - which is just one of instruments of this real power.

So, dictatorship may be and is run by private companies.

if the fake government doesn't deprive you of free speech doesn't mean that oligarkhs don't do it in other ways

you live in a Gulag which is run by private companies where presidents and governments are nominal - we can see how an IT oligarkh can silence even an elected president by a finger move.

7 biggest investments funds own more than half of S&P companies, the same funds own social nets, the same funds own US banks, the Fed and finally your government - which is just one of instruments of this real power.

if the fake government doesn't deprive you of free speech doesn't mean that oligarkhs don't do it in other ways

LMAO! Coming from someone who lives where the press is not allowed to criticize the gov't, I find it amusing to read that you think free speech does not exists her.

LMAO! Coming from someone who lives where the press is not allowed to criticize the gov't, I find it amusing to read that you think free speech does not exists her.

lol, you live in a state which makes its citizens think they live in a democracy with such lies about other countries.

in Russia press is much more free than in the US, is is spit, yes, between opposition and pro-government, but there is no so huge a monopoly which your mainstream media +social nets maintain :)

you are out of touch with real World and seem to enjoy it :)

New Topics

Forum List

Back