With the understanding we know much more now than we did at the time.........

Right. I just think it's poetic justice that he is being indicted for essentially the same crimes Repub senators let him off the hook for. It's a bad look for every senator who voted to acquit. Will they be held to account by their constituents for their votes? Absolutely not.
And many of those same senators continue to ignore Trump’s corruption and criminality, particularly with regard to Trump being impeached a second time for his criminal, treasonous efforts to overturn the 2020 election – crimes which may result in Trump’s second Federal indictment.

"Smith is a liberal hack who has had most of his stuff overturned and rejected."
Link?
Or merely an unvetted opinion on an internet social media site by an anonymous individual using a fake name?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I just think it's poetic justice that he is being indicted for essentially the same crimes Repub senators let him off the hook for."

You know, poster berg, that is an observation that had eluded me ---until you pointed it out.
Of course, you are right.
What that second impeachment was about is very likely what we will hear the DOJ prosecutors present as their case against Don Trump. In my personal opinion, we will hear many echoes from the riveting testimony we all watched on the telly in the J6 Congressional hearings last summer.

Don Trump was indicted (the impeachment) but not convicted due to jury nullification within the Senate. Think OJ Simpson. He too, was not convicted.
The parallels are obvious.

I am not a defender of all things Orange, but I really thought the second impeachment was a farce as will be any indictment of Trump related to January 6th unless they can directly connect him to planning a violent protest. Nothing would surprise me from the clown car of people around him by that point, but unless you can put Trump's fingerprints on the starting gun, then nope.
The impending indictment is about more than the events of 1/6. But Smith will present ample evidence to sustain a guilty verdict on the charge of obstructing an official act of Congress. Namely, the certification of the newly elected prez.

And many of those same senators continue to ignore Trump’s corruption and criminality, particularly with regard to Trump being impeached a second time for his criminal, treasonous efforts to overturn the 2020 election – crimes which may result in Trump’s second Federal indictment.
Yes. Explained by the same reason they voted to acquit him. His continued popularity with the voting base. The truth be damned.

Link?
Or merely an unvetted opinion on an internet social media site by an anonymous individual using a fake name?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, poster berg, that is an observation that had eluded me ---until you pointed it out.
What that second impeachment was about is very likely what we will hear the DOJ prosecutors present as their case against Don Trump. In my personal opinion, we will hear many echoes from the riveting testimony we all watched on the telly in the J6 Congressional hearings last summer.

Don Trump was indicted (the impeachment) but not convicted due to jury nullification within the Senate. Think OJ Simpson. He too, was not convicted.
Every senator who voted to acquit should be held to account in the voting booth. But I recognize that will not happen.

Link?

Wrong. Overturn, overturn, overturn.

Link?

There are no parallels other than smith has had several of his convictions thrown out.

I am not a defender of all things Orange, but I really thought the second impeachment was a farce as will be any indictment of Trump related to January 6th unless they can directly connect him to planning a violent protest. Nothing would surprise me from the clown car of people around him by that point, but unless you can put Trump's fingerprints on the starting gun, then nope.
The main crime of Trump's is not the riot alone, but the interference and obstruction, of the peaceful, constitutional transfer of power....

The impending indictment is about more than the events of 1/6. But Smith will present ample evidence to sustain a guilty verdict on the charge of obstructing an official act of Congress. Namely, the certification of the newly elected prez.

If bitching, whining and sour grapes constitute "criminal obstruction" then this site needs to change its name to USFelonyboard.FBIcomeherequick dot commie.

By the way, The Donald didn't invent this trick. The OCD dems were out trying to get Trump electors to go free range to keep him from taking the oath to begin with after the 2016 election. Scorched earth politicking didn't begin with Trump and it won't end with him. It will actually get worse from here on out since the dems are now weaponizing the criminal courts. Two can play that game. Just wait and see.

The main crime of Trump's is not the riot alone, but the interference and obstruction, of the peaceful, constitutional transfer of power....
Our constitution, hence our government, allows for interference and obstruction. Our constitution is designed to make things difficult. If anybody could do things easily, the democrats years ago would of changed us into a tyrannical dictatorship, which it is becoming.

Care4all, it is pure ignorance on your part that you do not have the education of the constitution to know it is not merely words but a constitution designed to keep us free and provide justice for all.

Forum List

Back