Without the power grid, 90% are dead within 2 years.

It would be pretty ironic when the fucking 'man-bun' LIBs who sneer and turn up their noses when the words 'flyover country' are spoken ends up being the only place where they can go to survive.

Your "lib man-bun" bullshit is ignorant. Do you even know any liberals?

I served in the USMC, I was platoon guide, put up for meritorious sergeant board, awarded a NAM, expert rifleman every time, and had the respect of my 1st Sgt, CO, battalion Sergeant Major, and the LtCol. I've walked from the Mexico border to Lake Tahoe, spent weeks deep in the wilderness, even in the winter, I know how to hunt, dress, and preserve meat. I work as an arborist. My best friend served in the 10th Mountain, he hunts, and is the toughest son-of-a-bitch I've ever known.

My "lib man-bun" friends who live in Leadville would survive no problem. They're self sufficient and self reliant.

My liberal parents live in the mountains. They garden, have done extensive backpacking and wilderness travel. They go hiking and are in their sixties.

Liberals aren't all like the Fox news myth you think they are. Just like conservatives aren't all redneck, inbred, bible thumping, fat, pick-up truck driving, country music listening, southern racists with missing teeth.
Interesting to note that they live basically in wilderness country.
I stand by my post. Any man who puts their hair up in a bun like a woman is a fucking half-wit.

Better not go homeless. You will only live for 1-2 more years.

Ya gotta remember..pretty much everyone would be homeless.
Not so. In the rural areas millions in 'flyover' country wouldn't miss a beat. The best part is most will be REPs.
The LIBs in the cities wouldn't last two weeks.

Is this a display of that Christian compassion I keep hearing or reading about?

Cities are also home to conservatives. You think they'll fare better than anybody else in the cities? If such an event ever happened I suppose you'll be leading the torch-wielding gangs to string up those whose social and political views differ slightly than yours, right?
Actually not so. I live over a thousand miles from any 'big city'.
Anyone stupid enough to live in those shitholes can go fuck themselves. They just had better not even dream of trying to come where I live and take anything from me or my family.
My 308 Norma Magnum can vaporise a 'watermelon' from 100 yards down range. All my neighbors are heavily armed like I am.
Take about a 'turkey shoot'!

It would be pretty ironic when the fucking 'man-bun' LIBs who sneer and turn up their noses when the words 'flyover country' are spoken ends up being the only place where they can go to survive.

I served in the USMC, I was platoon guide, put up for meritorious sergeant board, awarded a NAM, expert rifleman every time, and had the respect of my 1st Sgt, CO, battalion Sergeant Major, and the LtCol. I've walked from the Mexico border to Lake Tahoe, spent weeks deep in the wilderness, even in the winter, I know how to hunt, dress, and preserve meat. I work as an arborist. My best friend served in the 10th Mountain, he hunts, and is the toughest son-of-a-bitch I've ever known.

My "lib man-bun" friends who live in Leadville would survive no problem. They're self sufficient and self reliant.

My liberal parents live in the mountains. They garden, have done extensive backpacking and wilderness travel. They go hiking and are in their sixties.

Liberals aren't all like the Fox news myth you think they are. Just like conservatives aren't all redneck, inbred, bible thumping, fat, pick-up truck driving, country music listening, southern racists with missing teeth.
I stand by my post. Any man who puts their hair up in a bun like a woman is a fucking half-wit.

And so is any man who makes such sweeping judgements based entirely on how one does their hair.

(Unless, of course, you refer to white people with dreadlocks - then you would be correct. They're idiots. But I'm not a hypocrite...:dunno:)

Dude, they are almost entirely self sufficient, don't use electricity and have an extremely strong sense of community. Left alone, they would survive a heck of a lot longer than a bunch of inner city dependent dweebs who wouldn't know the difference between a corn sprout and a weed.
The problem is someone would take it all by force. They are Amish after all.

the amish will kill you dead

dont under estimate them

they may look backwards on the outside

Screen-Shot-2015-04-29-at-7.07.50-AM.png
Oh, they're not backward, they're just reclusive and eschew things like electricity and pneumatic tires.

they pay cash for that stuff as well

not so much anymore

but i used to hunt on amish property in Minnesota
I was raised as a mennonite, basically amish. Left the community when I was 15.
My dozen or so cousins all about the same age were officially 'shunned' for life.
'Pacifism' outwardly. Not so much within the community when it comes to discipline.
Best moonshiners in the country.

we have many Mennonites out here

nice folks they dont go looking for trouble

but they can hold their own

Not so. In the rural areas millions in 'flyover' country wouldn't miss a beat. The best part is most will be REPs.

Cities are also home to conservatives. You think they'll fare better than anybody else in the cities? If such an event ever happened I suppose you'll be leading the torch-wielding gangs to string up those whose social and political views differ slightly than yours, right?
Anyone stupid enough to live in those shitholes can go fuck themselves. They just had better not even dream of trying to come where I live and take anything from me or my family.
My 308 Norma Magnum can vaporise a 'watermelon' from 100 yards down range. All my neighbors are heavily armed like I am.
No one wants your trailer and outhouse. Relax Opi.

dont under estimate them

Oh, they're not backward, they're just reclusive and eschew things like electricity and pneumatic tires.

not so much anymore

My dozen or so cousins all about the same age were officially 'shunned' for life.
'Pacifism' outwardly. Not so much within the community when it comes to discipline.
Conservative conference here. How much you want to bet we have family members in common?
PM me if you want. I'll 'pick-up'. LOL

Cities have more opportunities. I prefer living in a small town or, even better, deep in the mountains but, unfortunately, cities have more opportunities for someone in my profession. Does having ambition make me stupid?

Be eternally vigilant.
You better head on down to your watermelon patch and get to protecting.

It's a good thing you didn't live in feudal Japan. A samurai would have cut you in half for making fun of his hair. I prefer to put my hair in a bun when I'm working outside or at the gym. It's more comfortable under headgear than a ponytail.

It's a good thing you didn't live in feudal Japan. A samurai would have cut you in half for making fun of his hair. I prefer to put my hair in a bun when I'm working outside or at the gym. It's more comfortable under headgear than a ponytail.
He just admitted he lives thousands of miles from the nearest large city. He is backwoods and not in a good way.

dont under estimate them

not so much anymore

we have many Mennonites out here

nice folks they dont go looking for trouble

but they can hold their own
Indeed.
There's a 'low German' phrase for what happens when you provoke a Dutchman too far.
It basically means he'll 'go viking' on you.

My opinion is (cough) men who follow ludicrous fashion trends created by 'non-binary' people are facile.

(Unless, of course, you refer to white people with dreadlocks - then you would be correct. They're idiots. But I'm not a hypocrite...:dunno:)
My opinion is (cough) men who follow ludicrous fashion trends created by 'non-binaries' are facile pussies.
None of those 'types' has ever been with any hunting party I've ever been on in sixty years.

My opinion is (cough) men who follow ludicrous fashion trends created by 'non-binary' people are facile.

My opinion is (cough) men who follow ludicrous fashion trends created by 'non-binaries' are facile pussies.
None of those 'types' has ever been with any hunting party I've ever been on in sixty years.

How many liberals have you ever even known let alone gone hunting with? I don't hunt, but many of my liberal friends do. One of my friends occasionally wears a "man-bun". We tease him about it, but we also respect him because he teaches developmentally disabled children at the local elementary school. He also drinks whiskey and hikes big mountains and then snowboards down them. He's a bad ass. He's also got a beautiful wife, he's a father, and a good man. He wouldn't want to go hunting with someone with a prejudice against people who differ slightly from themselves.

power-outage.jpg

What would you do if the power went out for an extended period? Are you prepared? Even a little bit? This story makes one do a whole lot of thinking. Read more @ Without the power grid, 90% are dead within 2 years.

Imagine Islamic hackers hack the power grid in January.....no heat or electricity for weeks.......millions would die.......
we have wood stoves and the Maine Woods here....enough heat for 20 generations at minimum, unless all the Mass-holes come up from Massachusetts to steal it! :D j/k

power-outage.jpg

What would you do if the power went out for an extended period? Are you prepared? Even a little bit? This story makes one do a whole lot of thinking. Read more @ Without the power grid, 90% are dead within 2 years.

Imagine Islamic hackers hack the power grid in January.....no heat or electricity for weeks.......millions would die.......
It's not just heat and lights. We had a real b-i-t-c-h of an ice storm in '98 that hit most of the state and even the radio stations were off line. Power was out to most of us for a week, some longer than that. Maine Public Radio had a generator and they were the only radio station or news we got for days. They ran it 24 hours a day as a community message board--who needed what and who had it. Other states sent repair crews and they ran out of gas because no gas stations were operating. The fun of no water, no heat in early March, no way to cook, no tv. At least the landlines still worked, but would they if the entire grid were down?
It made us all think. A lot of generators have been sold since then. But even those would only work for so long, if we couldn't get the gas out of the ground to refill them. It would be devastating. And now that so much more is online, it would be worse than '98. At least we could drive to Massachusetts if we were totally desperate. Think of what it would be like. Disease, violence, starvation ... it would be very, very bad.

power-outage.jpg

It's not just heat and lights. We had a real b-i-t-c-h of an ice storm in '98 that hit most of the state and even the radio stations were off line. Power was out to most of us for a week, some longer than that. Maine Public Radio had a generator and they were the only radio station or news we got for days. They ran it 24 hours a day as a community message board--who needed what and who had it. Other states sent repair crews and they ran out of gas because no gas stations were operating. The fun of no water, no heat in early March, no way to cook, no tv. At least the landlines still worked, but would they if the entire grid were down?
It made us all think. A lot of generators have been sold since then. But even those would only work for so long, if we couldn't get the gas out of the ground to refill them. It would be devastating. And now that so much more is online, it would be worse than '98. At least we could drive to Massachusetts if we were totally desperate. Think of what it would be like. Disease, violence, starvation ... it would be very, very bad.
Grid-free is the future...

power-outage.jpg

We did not live here back in 98's ice storm, but we did lose our electric for 5 days at Christmas a couple of years back in another ice storm and since then we bought a generator, portable gas stove, lanterns and lantern oil, lots of batteries and flash lights and battery run lanterns, two cords of wood in reserve and a whole bunch of other survival stuff...it was the most horrible 5 days.

We have friends who own a cattle farm and farm house from yesteryear who went through the 98 ice storm and they were without electricity for 3-4 solid weeks... for my whole area...we were the last to be brought back up in the ice storm we just went through too...

Anyway, our friends have a big old fashioned/antique wood stove and double oven, and her husband (who is also in construction during the summer months) somehow has a water reserve tank hooked up to it and to the shower so they, and all of their close friends and family that came over once a week, could take hot showers...they also had a small old fashioned windmill that pumped water up for their animals that he rigged to the house's water system...

Anyway, all of our/their friends in our circle of friends that had newer homes were basically hurt the most and the two couples that owned farms and old farm houses survived just fine and ended up having to help everyone else!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back