Woman asks for help, gets shot in the head

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Renisha McBride Rally Calls For Justice After Homeowner Claims Shooting Was Accidental

More than 100 people in Dearborn Heights, Mich., demonstrated outside the police station Thursday night, saying they hoped to pressure authorities to arrest a homeowner who shot 19-year-old Renisha McBride to death on his front porch after she'd been in a car crash.

"We need transparency in this case," Dream Hampton, an organizer of the demonstration who is a writer and filmmaker in neighboring Detroit, told The Huffington Post before the gathering. "I was just outraged by this story, I really was. I asked some friends to meet me at the police department to demand some justice."

The Detroit branch of the NAACP joined the call for justice. "This shooting must be investigated at every level," the group said in a statement.

McBride's family members have said they believe the young woman's cell phone battery died after the car crash early Saturday and she was seeking help from the homeowner, who police have not identified.

More at link above.

This will bring the racists out from under their rocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Renisha McBride Rally Calls For Justice After Homeowner Claims Shooting Was Accidental

More than 100 people in Dearborn Heights, Mich., demonstrated outside the police station Thursday night, saying they hoped to pressure authorities to arrest a homeowner who shot 19-year-old Renisha McBride to death on his front porch after she'd been in a car crash.

"We need transparency in this case," Dream Hampton, an organizer of the demonstration who is a writer and filmmaker in neighboring Detroit, told The Huffington Post before the gathering. "I was just outraged by this story, I really was. I asked some friends to meet me at the police department to demand some justice."

The Detroit branch of the NAACP joined the call for justice. "This shooting must be investigated at every level," the group said in a statement.

McBride's family members have said they believe the young woman's cell phone battery died after the car crash early Saturday and she was seeking help from the homeowner, who police have not identified.

I think her intent was to rob the guy.
How do we know otherwise?

It is a shame that our culture has become so violent and so suspicious that we assume someone is a criminal rather than someone who needs help. Unfortunately the "damsel in distress" ploy has been used to get homeowners to open the door, whereupon the woman's cohorts force their way inside.

I would have done the same thing. The discharge was probably a accident.

If we want to change this, we have to change the entire culture of violence and that's not going to happen.

This will bring the racists out from under their rocks.

I think her intent was to rob the guy.
How do we know otherwise?

What do you base that on?

Absolutely incredible. A young woman knocks on your door and you feel the need to answer with a shot gun? It's your right I guess, but the woman didn't even look like a menacing kind of person. Just shocking...

Absolutely incredible. A young woman knocks on your door and you feel the need to answer with a shot gun? It's your right I guess, but the woman didn't even look like a menacing kind of person. Just shocking...

People don't have to look menacing to be dangerous.

yeah but to answer the door with a shot gun? I'm sure the man could've held his own against a young girl.

Is the huffpo covering the story about how a black teen set a tranny on fire on a bus in Oakland?

yeah but to answer the door with a shot gun? I'm sure the man could've held his own against a young girl.

At 2:30 am in the metropolitan Detroit area.

I am not defending the guy, merely pointing out some circumstances which may pertain to his state of mind. The police wanted to arrest the guy and requested a warrant from the DA's office. The DA's office wanted further information before preparing a charging instrument. For all we know they may be investigating whether it is 2nd degree murder or some level of manslaughter. Further we do not know if the shooter is white, black or perhaps a "white Hispanic".

I can not understand how the victims relatives can assert that her cell phone died and that she knocked on the guys door to ask for help? That seems odd that they would be privvy to such info.

Lets give it a few days to let the legal process wind its course before we lynch the homeowner.

first off, how do you know she asked for help? secondly, the apparent auto accident was at approximately 1:30 am and she knocked on his door at around 3:40 am...two hours later.

something is not right about this story...i'll wait until more facts are revealed,.

It's a common ploy amongst home invaders, use a pretty young girl to get the door open and then bam , your in!!
All of a sudden the liberals IDOLISE you!!

People don't have to look menacing to be dangerous.

As far as right wing racists are concerned, they just have to look black.

Race is not relevant.
Any **** knocking on a door at 3am is asking for trouble.

Forum List

Back