Woman asks for help, gets shot in the head

Dearborn Hts. isn't a nice area really. It isn't right in Detroit but about 10 blocks away, it's a rough town. Also, I don't know if I'd be knocking on doors if my car broke down or I had an accident. I am curious about this, I just heard about it on MSNBC and they said she was shot in the back of the head...

We'll see.

It is a shame that our culture has become so violent and so suspicious that we assume someone is a criminal rather than someone who needs help. Unfortunately the "damsel in distress" ploy has been used to get homeowners to open the door, whereupon the woman's cohorts force their way inside.

I would have done the same thing. The discharge was probably a accident.

If we want to change this, we have to change the entire culture of violence and that's not going to happen.

Oh the irony.

yeah but to answer the door with a shot gun? I'm sure the man could've held his own against a young girl.

At 2:30 am in the metropolitan Detroit area.

I am not defending the guy, merely pointing out some circumstances which may pertain to his state of mind. The police wanted to arrest the guy and requested a warrant from the DA's office. The DA's office wanted further information before preparing a charging instrument. For all we know they may be investigating whether it is 2nd degree murder or some level of manslaughter. Further we do not know if the shooter is white, black or perhaps a "white Hispanic".

I can not understand how the victims relatives can assert that her cell phone died and that she knocked on the guys door to ask for help? That seems odd that they would be privvy to such info.

Lets give it a few days to let the legal process wind its course before we lynch the homeowner.
When he figured out she was not a threat to his life, why did he still shoot her in the head?

I get being afraid at 3 am or whenever, but SHE WAS NOT A THREAT TO HIS LIFE. That is the only way to justify him shooting her in the head and from I am hearing, he shot her in the back of the head? How the fuck do you justify that shooting.

I hope this fucker goes away forever. Fuck him.

When he figured out she was not a threat to his life, why did he still shoot her in the head?.

Assuming facts not in evidence.

I get being afraid at 3 am or whenever, but SHE WAS NOT A THREAT TO HIS LIFE. .

You are assuming he knew that she was not a threat to him and that he intentionally shot her in spite of knowing that. I can dream up wild scenarios where he would be justified or excused in shooting her, but I will not because it would be unsupported speculation.

Can we just wait until we get some further facts before we lynch him?.. that is all I request.

That is the only way to justify him shooting her in the head and from I am hearing, he shot her in the back of the head? How the fuck do you justify that shooting.

See, there you go, the police report is that he shot her in the face so you are basing your opinion on inaccurate facts.

Conversely, I hope the facts come out in full and justice is served. If that means he is sent away for life, I am fine with it.

yeah but to answer the door with a shot gun? I'm sure the man could've held his own against a young girl.

I am not defending the guy, merely pointing out some circumstances which may pertain to his state of mind. The police wanted to arrest the guy and requested a warrant from the DA's office. The DA's office wanted further information before preparing a charging instrument. For all we know they may be investigating whether it is 2nd degree murder or some level of manslaughter. Further we do not know if the shooter is white, black or perhaps a "white Hispanic".

I can not understand how the victims relatives can assert that her cell phone died and that she knocked on the guys door to ask for help? That seems odd that they would be privvy to such info.

Lets give it a few days to let the legal process wind its course before we lynch the homeowner.
When he figured out she was not a threat to his life, why did he still shoot her in the head?

I get being afraid at 3 am or whenever, but SHE WAS NOT A THREAT TO HIS LIFE. That is the only way to justify him shooting her in the head and from I am hearing, he shot her in the back of the head? How the fuck do you justify that shooting.

he told police it was an accidental discharge

Dearborn Hts. isn't a nice area really. It isn't right in Detroit but about 10 blocks away, it's a rough town. Also, I don't know if I'd be knocking on doors if my car broke down or I had an accident. I am curious about this, I just heard about it on MSNBC and they said she was shot in the back of the head...

We'll see.

as usual msnbc is a lousy news source, she was shot in the face

We'll see.

Ok.

Renisha McBride Rally Calls For Justice After Homeowner Claims Shooting Was Accidental

More than 100 people in Dearborn Heights, Mich., demonstrated outside the police station Thursday night, saying they hoped to pressure authorities to arrest a homeowner who shot 19-year-old Renisha McBride to death on his front porch after she'd been in a car crash.

"We need transparency in this case," Dream Hampton, an organizer of the demonstration who is a writer and filmmaker in neighboring Detroit, told The Huffington Post before the gathering. "I was just outraged by this story, I really was. I asked some friends to meet me at the police department to demand some justice."

The Detroit branch of the NAACP joined the call for justice. "This shooting must be investigated at every level," the group said in a statement.

McBride's family members have said they believe the young woman's cell phone battery died after the car crash early Saturday and she was seeking help from the homeowner, who police have not identified.

More at link above.

This will bring the racists out from under their rocks.

Cry me a river.

Calling the law is all that had to be done whether that girl needed help or not.

God bless you and that girl's family always!!!

Holly

P.S. Even though self defense may have been the guy's reason for doing what he did, an innocent person is not here anymore because of his choice of action. Therefore, may he not get away with his action.

Crap like this happens all the time. It's not race specific, but it's a tragedy when any kid get's wasted like this.

The article said she was in a car crash 'early Saturday' whatever that means. It also makes reference to 'where she had been' but doesn't tell where that was. Did she pile her car up after a night of drinking? We don't know what her behavior was, maybe she was trying to get into the house. If she was drunk, God knows what her thought process was. And where is the race of the shooter? I didn't see that.

When he figured out she was not a threat to his life, why did he still shoot her in the head?.

Assuming facts not in evidence.

I get being afraid at 3 am or whenever, but SHE WAS NOT A THREAT TO HIS LIFE. .

You are assuming he knew that she was not a threat to him and that he intentionally shot her in spite of knowing that. I can dream up wild scenarios where he would be justified or excused in shooting her, but I will not because it would be unsupported speculation.

Can we just wait until we get some further facts before we lynch him?.. that is all I request.

That is the only way to justify him shooting her in the head and from I am hearing, he shot her in the back of the head? How the fuck do you justify that shooting.

See, there you go, the police report is that he shot her in the face so you are basing your opinion on inaccurate facts.

Conversely, I hope the facts come out in full and justice is served. If that means he is sent away for life, I am fine with it.

Zona and his buds make up their own facts. This board will be spammed with them just like it was with the Trayvon Martin trial.

he told police it was an accidental discharge

And it may have been. All he needs is a gun expert who says the gun has a hair trigger.

We'll see.

LOL. Didn't you learn that with the li'l Trayvon reporting?

Given the demographics and crime statistics of that shit hole it is not exactly a bad idea to answer the door with a shotgun. Sounds like the dude should have practiced better judgement, obviously.

Race is not relevant.
Any **** knocking on a door at 3am is asking for trouble.

Your respect for women comes through loud and clear.

are you high?

what does respect has to do with a stranger knocking on your door at 3 am?

I won't be jumping to open the door immediately as well.

It has to do with him calling a dead girl a ****. You wingnuts are so knee jerk. You don't know a thing about what happened so why not just stop talking. You're not following the discussions.

Forum List

Back