🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Woman, who owned 150 snakes, strangled by python.

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013

Stupidest people on earth. Left wing American women.

Is that Darwinism? That is, right?

My right winged older brother used to own a boa constrictor.

How the hell does an 8ft snake overpower an adult?

Had a buddy that had a 16 ft yellow Boa named Snidely.
They glassed in one whole wall in the rec room to give him plenty of room.
yellow-boa-constrictor-snake-hand-600w-1080293498.jpg

If it gets around her neck just right, she will go to sleep in a fraction of a minute.

A 5 foot boa constrictor could kill you. Doesn't take much to choke someone out. If you are by yourself and a boa starts to put the death grip on you, it would be very hard to get it off. They are far stronger than people may think and it would only take a few seconds for someone to pass out. If you go into a panic, which most would, it's worse.

A reticulated python if it latches on the neck, unless you have someone there with a machete slice its head off fast, you are pretty much gone.

I've handled big constrictors and while they're strong an adult can easily control them unless they are of the huge variety....and 8ft ain't huge.
We weren't allowed to play with Snidely unless my buddies Dad was present,of course him being 16ft was a wise decision since we were in elementary school at the time.

Feeding time was always cool!!
His diet mainly consisted of rabbits and chickens and the occasional goat.

This happened in my county. The local sheriff (who is also part-time snake breeeder) owned a house next door to his own in the little village of Oxford, which he used solely to keep about 150 non-venomous snakes, in cages. The lady, from the nearby town of Battle Ground, owned about 20 of them and went a few times a week to see them. One of them, an eight-foot reticulated python, decided to give her a larger-than-expected hug around the neck and (as an autopsy showed) constricted her to death.

Indiana doesn't regulate pythons (because they're non-native). Oxford has limits on dogs and cats, and prohibits pit bulls and any kind of local animal that has shown violent streaks, but it seems like the Sheriff Snake Dude there wasn't specifically breaking any laws because no one had bothered to write up that you can't have a house full of 150 snakes. Go figure.

As you can imagine, there has been a certain of water cooler talk about her and them at my work. Personally, I don't get the thrill of having a house full of snakes, but people gonna do what people wanna do. I mostly feel sorry for her (she must have been terrified) and the two kids she left behind.

I wonder how long that many have been in her picture. Maybe she is lucky to have stuck around as long as she was here for. In others words, maybe its amazing that this had not happened to her sooner!

God bless you and her family always!!!

Holly

This happened in my county. The local sheriff (who is also part-time snake breeeder) owned a house next door to his own in the little village of Oxford, which he used solely to keep about 150 non-venomous snakes, in cages. The lady, from the nearby town of Battle Ground, owned about 20 of them and went a few times a week to see them. One of them, an eight-foot reticulated python, decided to give her a larger-than-expected hug around the neck and (as an autopsy showed) constricted her to death.

Indiana doesn't regulate pythons (because they're non-native). Oxford has limits on dogs and cats, and prohibits pit bulls and any kind of local animal that has shown violent streaks, but it seems like the Sheriff Snake Dude there wasn't specifically breaking any laws because no one had bothered to write up that you can't have a house full of 150 snakes. Go figure.

As you can imagine, there has been a certain of water cooler talk about her and them at my work. Personally, I don't get the thrill of having a house full of snakes, but people gonna do what people wanna do. I mostly feel sorry for her (she must have been terrified) and the two kids she left behind.

Holy Cow, a Bison. How is the women's BBall team? Jan Conner was a legend.

Stupidest people on earth. Left wing American women.

Is that Darwinism? That is, right?

She did not own 150 snakes. She owned a few snakes. Several people owned the snakes kept in the house, which was owned by the Sheriff.

Holy Cow, a Bison. How is the women's BBall team? Jan Conner was a legend.
I'm in Tippecanoe County (she was from Battle Ground) so I don't know about the Bison ... but the season starts in just a few weeks and the Bronchos are ready! :D

The snake was competing for the only available food it saw..
False. It did not attempt to consume her. And the snakes were all fed regularly and actually in good shape.
They were also all in their tanks/cages/pens/whatever, except hers. There is a temptation to think of the place as the pit in Raiders of the Lost Ark, but from the accounts I've read it was more like a house-shaped snakes-only pet shop.

Forum List

Back