🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Women: I'd benefit from your insight - What is a woman's perception on least effort?

A #10
Often yes; e-mail / PM, etc.
Sometimes telephone, though with caller ID I try to avoid that*.
A woman I met @DateHookup and I dated for 8 months.
But the 55 mile distance between us was an insurmountable obstacle. When we parted, we were both in tears.

Many of these contacts are solicitations; "Women seeking Men" on craigslist or similar.
That merely adds to the puzzlement.

One woman in particular expressed her preference for a good sense of humor.
I often have my friends laughing.
I was the man she described. But she refused to meet me at a public place.
That's fine.
But then why put the ad there in the first place?! Describing ME?!?!

Whatever!
It doesn't make sense to me. Ockham's Razor: "she" thinks she'll have to "earn" the meal? And the odd part of that is; on many dates I've left her secure either in her car, or at her home at the end of the date; & not even initiated body contact; not a kiss, not a hug, perhaps not a handshake. It just depends on who she is; where her comfort level is.
That varies. My Saturday date I hugged her a few times within 10 minutes of meeting for the first time. Her comment to me when we parted hours later: smooching means kissing on the lips
which I did not do with her.
She's "Born Again" (didn't tell me until after we'd met) and I didn't think it would have been appropriate.
But it runs the spectrum. I had sex on a first date, and ended up marrying her. It's simply a matter of what's right for her.

* A few years ago a woman e-mailed me her telephone number. I was not yet ready to give her my telephone number, but called her. I was alarmed when she called me back several hours later.
No harm in that case. But I'm more careful now.
I would confine my invites to face to face encounters or at least over the phone. You are missing a lot of visual or audio clues to your dilemma.

" I think that's a way to meet some very creepy people. "
Yes.
But screening them out isn't rocket-surgery.
The first reply to my craigslist ad was from a hooker. I never replied.

And there are some marvelous people there too!
One of the women I met was a well employed healthcare professional with multiple college degrees.

She had a beautiful house on a large lake. We flew kites on the ice in the Winter, and went boating there in the Summer.

She's a lovely gal, and I told her I love her, and I do.
But she just lives too far away. But we had 8 wonderful months together.
"You are missing a lot of visual or audio clues to your dilemma." #24
Thus, the purpose of this thread.

I'm not demanding any sight-unseen matrimonial commitments.
I'm merely suggesting we meet face to face. Coffee, wine spritzer, a slice of pie; doesn't matter.

But I am surprised at how few women are willing to do this. Perhaps after mentalpause they think they're finished. Perhaps they're right.

Forum List

Back