Women need birth control because "they can't control their libido"

Why does Huckabee think that women need to control their libidos?

Doesn't he understand that birth control is about responsible parenting?

Straw man. He's was saying that's how the Democrat party views women and he's right.

Nope, he's wrong, and the term has cost him any opportunity for the candidacy.

He's toast.

He didn't have a shot anyway. He was right. It's not a straw man. That's how democrats really view woman.

No, that's what he (and a quite few of you nutters) apparently thinks democrats really view women. Or he's just throwing out hyperbole, and you nuts are just eating it up.

Huckabee doesn't care about the fate of the GOP at the national level. All he cares about is being able to blow the dog whistle properly for the rightwing nuts that now fill his pockets.

Possibly, but I took his "comments" to be an attempt to place the gop's position that the govt has no role in creating universal access to contraception in a light that not only makes some public policy sense but also shows some moral/social responsibility ... and of course the gop fails miserably at this, which is why we largely only succeed in attracting the female votes of whites, and older whites at that.
More like probably!

He is already fundraising on his comments!

From the newsletter he sent to donors:

"Guess what liberals? If you can't stand to look at yourself in the mirror, then get ready for more of this talk, because conservatives are going to continue to fight back against your destructive policies towards women and families.

If you agree with me and want me to keep calling it like I see it, then I need you to do something urgent. Please give an immediate donation to my political action committee Huck PAC in any amount you can afford. The Democrats and their accomplices in the media want you to think what I said is unpopular and outdated. They are going to look at our PAC's fundraising and say see we told you so.

Help me show them they are dead wrong by making an immediate donation here. This is urgent."

Mike can fundraise from the nuts all he wants, but that is not going to give him the nomination.

The remarks hurt his chances far more than help them.

Doonsbury recently ran a strip in which republican officeholders are being coached by an expert on how to deal with women effectivly, in order to start gaining their trust and support for the GOP. In one panel, the coach asks, "So, let's say that you say something really out of line and insulting about women in general, in the heat of a debate with a woman candidate. What do you do to win back the support of the women ". In the next panel, a senator raises his hand and replies, "Send her flowers?". The coach replies, "You would think so, but, surprisingly....."

I quit reading at "Doonsbury".

Political cartoons are not reality, sport.

...but no less true, Sparky!

Huckabee: Dems say women need government to 'control their libido' - NBC Politics

"If the Democrats want to insult women by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them a prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system

What is the matter with you women? Can't keep your legs closed?

These idiots will just never learn, will they.

So we should mark you down for "No, I can't keep my legs closed" then?

What does birth control have to do with a womans libido?

So if birth control is a die hard guarantee that women won't have unexpected babies...why are there more unexpected babies now than there were in the days before birth control was available?

In other words, your argument sucks.

In the days before birth control, women had 5-6 babies

And had conversations with doctors saying things like "MAKE him leave you alone! Because if you get pregnant again, you will die."

This story's punchline:

"In 2005, Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee signed a law mandating Arkansas insurance plans provide contraception coverage, including church-affiliated organizations such as hospitals and universities."

What everybody's getting wrong about Mike Huckabee's 'libido' quip - The Week

Huckabee is Uncle Sugar?

You know, the writers on the Daily Show, for all their brilliance, could never come up with satire as funny as rightwingers just being themselves.

The part about it applying to church businesses is priceless.

What does birth control have to do with a womans libido?
I would think that sexual desire has a lot to do with birth control. The premise of the thread is almost as silly as your question, be it in different ways.

What is wrong with you people? Have you lost any sense of objectivity? What the fuck?

So if birth control is a die hard guarantee that women won't have unexpected babies...why are there more unexpected babies now than there were in the days before birth control was available?

In other words, your argument sucks.

In the days before birth control, women had 5-6 babies

And had conversations with doctors saying things like "MAKE him leave you alone! Because if you get pregnant again, you will die."

:lol: This is getting just looney

Woman who can't keep their husbands off them and are forbidden to spend money thank the govt...whew

Forum List

Back