Women need birth control because "they can't control their libido"

Huckabee: Dems say women need government to 'control their libido' - NBC Politics

"If the Democrats want to insult women by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them a prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system

What is the matter with you women? Can't keep your legs closed?

These idiots will just never learn, will they.

who ? the liberals ??

She and liewinger have created a false costruct. They think that if they pretend that it is Huckabee, and not the Dems, who believe women are unable to control themselves, that the minority and poor women they so despise will believe them.

So they not only think that poor minority women are incapable of controlling their sexual urges...they believe they're stupid, as well.

Last edited:
Huckabee: Dems say women need government to 'control their libido' - NBC Politics

"If the Democrats want to insult women by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them a prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system

Too many unwanted babies in the country. If men slapped on a condom before slipping it in, you wouldn't have such a problem!

why don't you women who want it "in" so much keep a supply of condoms handy yourself to slide it on for him when the urge hits you ?

do liberal women enjoy the sex act :confused: :confused:

I don't understand your logic. When you pay full price for prescription drugs because you're paying for it out of pocket instead of through your healthcare plan, big pharma gets the most bang for their buck since they're getting paid full price as opposed to accepting what the insurance company is willing to pay.

How does paying more for prescription medications motivate the drug manufacturers to lower the cost of the medications by making them OTC?

What drug companies do most often is called "evergreen-ing". They make a minor change in a product that is about to lose patent protection and file for a new patent (Hence Claritin D).

I think what Helen is claiming is that since insurance companies and their deep pockets aren't paying for OTC drugs, that if you make Warfarin OTC,the price will drop since the only ones that can afford them will be people paying out of pocket.
Now that would make sense -- but she said paying for prescription drugs out of pocket will lower the cost and I just don't see how that would?

I'm just guessing but I think what she feels will happen is this: Aetna with their millions in cash can pay $15/dose without thinking twice. Edna with her hundreds in the bank can't pay $15/dose so the drug companies will have to lower their prices

I don't agree; I'm just guessing .

What drug companies do most often is called "evergreen-ing". They make a minor change in a product that is about to lose patent protection and file for a new patent (Hence Claritin D).

I think what Helen is claiming is that since insurance companies and their deep pockets aren't paying for OTC drugs, that if you make Warfarin OTC,the price will drop since the only ones that can afford them will be people paying out of pocket.
Now that would make sense -- but she said paying for prescription drugs out of pocket will lower the cost and I just don't see how that would?

I'm just guessing but I think what she feels will happen is this: Aetna with their millions in cash can pay $15/dose without thinking twice. Edna with her hundreds in the bank can't pay $15/dose so the drug companies will have to lower their prices

I don't agree; I'm just guessing .
Aetnea didn't acquire their millions by getting out of the way, between the consumer and the producer.

That is not a guess.

Last edited:
Doonsbury recently ran a strip in which republican officeholders are being coached by an expert on how to deal with women effectivly, in order to start gaining their trust and support for the GOP. In one panel, the coach asks, "So, let's say that you say something really out of line and insulting about women in general, in the heat of a debate with a woman candidate. What do you do to win back the support of the women ". In the next panel, a senator raises his hand and replies, "Send her flowers?". The coach replies, "You would think so, but, surprisingly....."

Doonsbury recently ran a strip in which republican officeholders are being coached by an expert on how to deal with women effectivly, in order to start gaining their trust and support for the GOP. In one panel, the coach asks, "So, let's say that you say something really out of line and insulting about women in general, in the heat of a debate with a woman candidate. What do you do to win back the support of the women ". In the next panel, a senator raises his hand and replies, "Send her flowers?". The coach replies, "You would think so, but, surprisingly....."

I quit reading at "Doonsbury".

Political cartoons are not reality, sport.

"Does it really matter what he said? The liberal thought process on this works this way, I think: “Known social conservative + something about women + something about sex and birth control = outrage.” Right? It’s basically Pavlovian."

"
If there’s any conservative who’s stood boldly against big government and Uncle Sugar in his career, it’s Huck. Ah well. Pavlov’s bell having sounded, the salivation begins:
White House press secretary Jay Carney dismissed comments by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee at a Republican meeting Thursday as “offensive.”
“Whoever said it, it sounds offensive to me, and to women,” Carney told reporters after saying he hadn’t seen reports of Huckabee’s remarks.
I like the way he put that — “it sounds offensive,” as though he’s not sure but heard just enough offense-triggering buzzwords when it was read to him that there could, logically, be only one conclusion. Exactly my point up top. Whether it is offensive isn’t important, especially in the initial rush to denounce and capitalize politically. It sounds offensive. Close enough."

Media, White House erupt at Huckabee for saying something about Democrats and women?s libidos « Hot Air

We don't have to keep the misery going

After five frikken years the Community organize in Chief and his commie comrades in arms....we are living the misery

Rep on the way.

Although the miser won't keep going.

Larry Sabato is now saying that there is chance the GOP will take the senate.

At this early stage, the combination of these three factors suggests a good election year for the GOP. The president is a Democrat and his approval is weak. The economy may be improving, based on GDP growth (4.1 percent in the third quarter), but voters still don’t believe their personal economy, at least, has picked up much. Instead, the major national issue of the moment is Obamacare, which at this point is a loser for Democrats. The structure of the election in the House and Senate also bends in the GOP direction.

Read more: Republicans Really Could Win It All This Year - Larry J. Sabato - POLITICO Magazine

Keep hope alive! :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMadW1NewEs]Mike Huckabee Women 'Can't Control Their Libido' Without Birth Control from 'Uncle Sugar' - YouTube[/ame]

That's sure to lock up the women vote!
Besides being unable to distinguish between ancestor and descendant, you obviously do not understand what a conditional is.:cuckoo:

At the risk of giving Huckabee too much credit for evil genius, I suspect he said that because he knew it would get him publicity.

Probably. With the GOP bench imploding, he probably figures this is his time.

So if birth control is a die hard guarantee that women won't have unexpected babies...why are there more unexpected babies now than there were in the days before birth control was available?

In other words, your argument sucks.

In the days before birth control, women had 5-6 babies

The problem is that the dems don't have to make up these assine Religous nutter quotes because they are real.

As to Huckabee, apparantly he considers a single woman, or married woman for that matter, wishing to have sex w/o procreation to be an inablilty to control the female libido. Ofay.

The thing is, Huckabee is one of the few on teh GOP who gets what working people are going through.

He doesn't think a recession means, "I had to put off buying another Dressage Horsie".

Unfortunately, like most of the Christian Right, he seems obsessed with controlling other people's sex lives.

Women are only to have sex when they are ready to become pregnant and have children. There is no other reason for women to have sex. And one other thing, they should only have sex in the missionary position, and for God's sake, no oral sex. Oh, and if you happen to be one of those freaks who enjoy anal sex, then you are going to Hell.

What is the Republican fixation with birth control?

I thought we resolved this 50 years ago?

Women can have sex without birth control.....just not without the risk of pregnancy

Last edited:
Chicks love to bang....
Latin chicks in particular...When they hit 11 they are ready to go....

AYYYYYYeeeee Pop EE !

So if birth control is a die hard guarantee that women won't have unexpected babies...why are there more unexpected babies now than there were in the days before birth control was available?

There aren't.

The difference is, back in the bad old days, women either got forced into marriages they didn't want, or they found "someone who could take care of that" for them.

Not to mention the notorious "baby on the doorstep".

Yes, babies were expected anytime people had sex. And a lot of them died in infancy.

Some people call those "the good old days."

Yes, babies were expected anytime people had sex. And a lot of them died in infancy.

Some people call those "the good old days."

Not to mention 10% of women died in childbirth because they hadn't invented the Caesarian Section yet.

Rep on the way.

Although the miser won't keep going.

Larry Sabato is now saying that there is chance the GOP will take the senate.

At this early stage, the combination of these three factors suggests a good election year for the GOP. The president is a Democrat and his approval is weak. The economy may be improving, based on GDP growth (4.1 percent in the third quarter), but voters still don’t believe their personal economy, at least, has picked up much. Instead, the major national issue of the moment is Obamacare, which at this point is a loser for Democrats. The structure of the election in the House and Senate also bends in the GOP direction.

Read more: Republicans Really Could Win It All This Year - Larry J. Sabato - POLITICO Magazine

Keep hope alive! :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMadW1NewEs]Mike Huckabee Women 'Can't Control Their Libido' Without Birth Control from 'Uncle Sugar' - YouTube[/ame]

That's sure to lock up the women vote!
Besides being unable to distinguish between ancestor and descendant, you obviously do not understand what a conditional is.:cuckoo:

Conditional upon what?

There's Huckabee creating a strawman that generally pisses off women.

The optics are terrible.

But heck..they probably go over well in your native land..the Czech Republic, right?

Conditional upon what?

The optics are terrible.

But heck..they probably go over well in your native land..the Czech Republic, right?
Public education <sigh>.

Conditional Sentences Type I, II und III (Conditional Sentences, If-Clauses)

And no, the Czech Republic is not my native land. People travel and sometimes move to other countries. Rather, your command of the English language might have led me to believe your native country was not the US, but then I am aware of the standard of American public education and the resulting dumbing down so many of my fellow countrymen.<sigh>

Conditional upon what?

The optics are terrible.

Public education <sigh>.

Conditional Sentences Type I, II und III (Conditional Sentences, If-Clauses)

And no, the Czech Republic is not my native land. People travel and sometimes move to other countries. Rather, your command of the English language might have led me to believe your native country was not the US, but then I am aware of the standard of American public education and the resulting dumbing down so many of my fellow countrymen.<sigh>

He's talking about women's birth control and libidoes.

Doesn't matter how "conditional sentences" play into that.

That's also the trouble with you folks. You never admit fault.

"providing for them a prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system"

Women who do not want children they cannot support are irresponsible?

He's saying that what the Democrats think. He;s not saying women can't control their libido.

I'm afraid that is exactly what he said

"If the Democrats want to insult women by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them a prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it," he said. "Let us take this discussion all across America because women are far more than the Democrats have played them to be."

you're apparently having trouble with comprehension and of course theres the old context thang... heres the quote.

Forum List

Back