Women need birth control because "they can't control their libido"

Straw man. He's was saying that's how the Democrat party views women and he's right.

I know thats called a Strawman as you indicated

Rightwinger was the one with the straw man by stating Huckabee was making an inappropriate, derogatory comment towards women. He was talking about democrats and how they view women. What the governor said is true.

So ...what Huckabee is saying is that women who use birth control are unable to control their libido. That includes millions of married women who use birth control to be responsible for the number of children they have

Rightwinger was the one with the straw man by stating Huckabee was making an inappropriate, derogatory comment towards women. He was talking about democrats and how they view women. What the governor said is true.

Incorrect.

That Huckabee is ascribing this mindset to democrats is clearly a lie – the fact that liberals defend the privacy rights of women against conservative efforts to undermine their civil liberties is proof of that.

Given the fact this is not how democrats view women, therefore, Huckabee is indeed making an inappropriate, derogatory comment towards women.

What kind of logic is that? Lmao

The governor wasn't making any comment on women. His comments were directed at the Democrats, and he was giving his own opinion. How could an opinion be a lie? Now you can make an argument that he is wrong in his assertion but that still would justify saying he was insulting women.

Another way to put what Huckabee said was that "normal" women don't need birth control...only slutty women who want to have sex all the time do.

Imagine you're a girl with birth control in your medicine cabinet. How would this comment make you feel?

Its healthcare not birth control and there needs to be a collective contribution to her fornicating needs......

Yes...women are horny all the time and men bear no responsibility

God forbid the woman gets pregnant and wants an abortion or help in raising a child as a single mother....where is Huckabee then?

Incorrect.

That Huckabee is ascribing this mindset to democrats is clearly a lie – the fact that liberals defend the privacy rights of women against conservative efforts to undermine their civil liberties is proof of that.

Given the fact this is not how democrats view women, therefore, Huckabee is indeed making an inappropriate, derogatory comment towards women.

The governor wasn't making any comment on women. His comments were directed at the Democrats, and he was giving his own opinion. How could an opinion be a lie? Now you can make an argument that he is wrong in his assertion but that still would justify saying he was insulting women.

Rocko thinks that Republicans are idiots and women should have steel toe boot abortions...I happen to disagree with that and know that women deserve better

I didnt just give my opinion I was saying what Rocko believes

*3 points*

Rocko's comments would be insulting to women, because saying they should have steel to boot abortions is insulting to women. His opinion on Republicans would not be a slight to women. The governor didn't make comments about both Republicans and women, his comments were directed towards Democrats, and what he said wasn't hyperbole, it was truth? If Democrats thought women could abstain from having sex then whats all the bickering about free birth control about?

It's a freaking junk post based on a fraudulent interpretation of a Huckabee statement that the ever vigilant Media Matters threw out to the low information salivating left. Anything is better than defend Andy Cuomo's incredible decree that NY will no longer welcome certain segments of America.

Incorrect.

Another way to put what Huckabee said was that "normal" women don't need birth control...only slutty women who want to have sex all the time do.

Imagine you're a girl with birth control in your medicine cabinet. How would this comment make you feel?

Huh? He didn't say anything about women, period.

Rocko thinks that Republicans are idiots and women should have steel toe boot abortions...I happen to disagree with that and know that women deserve better

*3 points*

Rocko's comments would be insulting to women, because saying they should have steel to boot abortions is insulting to women. His opinion on Republicans would not be a slight to women. The governor didn't make comments about both Republicans and women, his comments were directed towards Democrats, and what he said wasn't hyperbole, it was truth? If Democrats thought women could abstain from having sex then whats all the bickering about free birth control about?

Why should women abstain from sex?

What the fuck is the matter with Republucans?

*3 points*

you become more insane and nothing but a shit stirrer with each passing day

nothing to be proud of taking some T.v host who is not in politics and putting it on all Republicans...so much dishonesty and dirty dirty dirty

"providing for them a prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system"

Women who do not want children they cannot support are irresponsible?

*3 points*

You're a perfect example. :razz:

Huckabee's words:
"If the Democrats want to insult women by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them a prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it,"

"insult women by....helpless without Uncle Sugar....for birth control.....cannot control their libido"

"women...cannot control their libido....without Uncle Sugar...birth control"

..and actually the entire speech was focused on women

Last edited:

"providing for them a prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system"

He's saying that what the Democrats think. He;s not saying women can't control their libido.

Notice that any help you offer to any group republicans claim its because the helper think the helpee is "too stupid for *blank*"

Its just their way of excusing themselves for being asshole.

Essentially to use an example: People are at the bottom of a hole. Repubs are at the top with a ladder but wont give it using the excuse that if they help that is an indication of how weak or stupid they are...and they yell that over top of the cries for help coming from the bottom of the pit

uh huh and then theres the 'soft bigotry of low expectations':eusa_whistle:

*3 points*

I knew you couldnt tell the difference.

Second question: If you dont believe in steal toe boot abortions then why do you wear boots?

See I would ask what the correlation between intelligence and birth control but I know you couldnt explain your own logic...because it aint logic at all

Notice that any help you offer to any group republicans claim its because the helper think the helpee is "too stupid for *blank*"

Essentially to use an example: People are at the bottom of a hole. Repubs are at the top with a ladder but wont give it using the excuse that if they help that is an indication of how weak or stupid they are...and they yell that over top of the cries for help coming from the bottom of the pit

whats that mean?

He's saying that what the Democrats think. He;s not saying women can't control their libido.

Of course because you cant beat a strawman unless you make it first

Huckabee's words:

"insult women by....helpless without Uncle Sugar....for birth control.....cannot control their libido"

"women...cannot control their libido....without Uncle Sugar...birth control"

..and actually the entire speech was focused on women

You're obviously taking what he said out of context. It's a fun game to do that, but its really stupid and pointless. He was obviously saying that's how Democrats think.

Its healthcare not birth control and there needs to be a collective contribution to her fornicating needs......

Yes...women are horny all the time and men bear no responsibility

God forbid the woman gets pregnant and wants an abortion or help in raising a child as a single mother....where is Huckabee then?

Surely there would be a line of bleeding heart liberals just waiting to provide for her every want.........

*3 points*

I knew you couldnt tell the difference.

Second question: If you dont believe in steal toe boot abortions then why do you wear boots?

See I would ask what the correlation between intelligence and birth control but I know you couldnt explain your own logic...because it aint logic at all

Can you stop being a moron? No you can't, so ill humor you.

I guess it wouldn't make sense to wear them.

whats that mean?
it means dems don't think very highly of the ladies.

Forum List

Back