Women need birth control because "they can't control their libido"

This is not about what anyone else said.

It is about what Mike. It is up to Mike to make it very clear what he is saying, not that the audience has to interpret it him.

Women heard "sluts" and "contraception" and "libido."

Let's be very clear that Mike fucked himself without contraception.

Funny how none of the conservative women on the site are saying this, only liberal men are saying it...

Because conservative women will give him the pass that women in the middle, who can be convinced without his stupid talk, will not.

No one is saying what you are other than hard core government loving leftists. You just believe that because you want to. No one but a leftist thinks that women need government to provide them with contraception.

I'm still left wondering why it is inconsistent with conservatism to require health insurance to provide female contraceptives at no cost to the patient/consumer.

There's so many reasons I don't know where to start.
I'll just give this one, it expresses conservativism.
For the same reason Conservatives don't believe in the Government forcing people to buy health insurance, or anything else for that matter! Conservatives believe in self responsibility.

huck's comments were demogoguery in that he put up a strawman that is not based on fact.

No, they were hyperbole similar to the constant drumbeat by the dims of a "Republican war on women."

While both are stretches, neither engages in direct lies or slander against any person.

It's unlikely that Huck believes that the dims were motivated to demean women, he capitalized on the wording to smear the motives of the opposition.

Likewise the dims know that the GOP is not at war against women, and use that smear against the opposition party.

But these are both examples of hyperbole, a broad exaggeration of motives. Demagoguery is the direct slander of a particular person or group. Notice how the lies of Derideo and RW (as programmed into them by the hate sites) don't question the motives of the Republican party, or of the right, but instead involve a specific lie against a specific individual? This is what distinguishes hyperbole from demagoguery.

Women have sex because sex is a driving force,

That's nice.

and some do not have easy access to female contraception,

Bullshit - and you full well know it.

and many have partners that don't want to wear condoms.

While I don't have statistics to prove that your claim is false - we both know you simply made it up out of thin air.

So, given those facts, the logical conclusion is to subsidize contraception, which until the gop became a wing of the nutter bible thumpers was pretty much a non-issue.

Again, 99% of health plans do cover contraception. What the dims demand is that the 1st amendment rights of the Catholic church be stripped.

It's not about contraception, it's about the democrats war to end civil rights.

Please provide links and actual quotes where I have used spurious insults instead of rational and concise arguments.

So Derideo, are you not blatantly lying?

Since the answer is yes, how is my claim anything other than factual and rational?

Dude, you're a demagogue, openly lying to smear the enemies of the party. You have to expect to be viewed as sleazy by decent people.

You failed to provide a single link or quote as requested. Your strawman defense of yourself is risible. Since you are stuck on posting spurious slurs there is no need for any further responses on my part.

If Insurance Companies CHOSE to offer it, and women CHOSE to pay for it, that's fine, as long as they don't charge it to everyone else's premiums.

If the cost is added to the individuals premium it would be cheaper for the individual to by contraceptives direct and avoid the middleman.

Sex is not an illness, not a disease, not an injury caused by an accident, it's an act of nature and I don't see any reason why Insurance companies should be required to furnish it or allowed the cost to be on anyone's premium except the purchasers of contraceptive insurance.

If Insurance Companies CHOSE to offer it, and women CHOSE to pay for it, that's fine, as long as they don't charge it to everyone else's premiums.

If the cost is added to the individuals premium it would be cheaper for the individual to by contraceptives direct and avoid the middleman.

Sex is not an illness, not a disease, not an injury caused by an accident, it's an act of nature and I don't see any reason why Insurance companies should be required to furnish it or allowed the cost to be on anyone's premium except the purchasers of contraceptive insurance.

What are the consequences to taxpayers of sex without contraception?

If Insurance Companies CHOSE to offer it, and women CHOSE to pay for it, that's fine, as long as they don't charge it to everyone else's premiums

Of course it is charged to "everyone else's premiums." That's the whole concept with insurance, a percentage of people have a particular need, so it's spread across the pool. The insurance company isn't eating the cost and she's not paying for it directly, everyone is paying for it. And then on top as a business, the insurance company has to charge for the risk and administration costs and profit margin, so in fact, the pool pays more than she would have paid if she just bought it.

This whole thing isn't about money. Sandra Fluke and her buds had 5 Planned Parenthoods within 8 miles of Georgetown they could have gotten free contraception. It's about making everyone dependent on government for their basic, everyday needs. That is how you maximize government power.

Last edited:

So DT implies that women are incapable of controlling their libido. In a thread where we are arguing about whether or not the baby killers believe that.

Hm.

So DT implies that women are incapable of controlling their libido. In a thread where we are arguing about whether or not the baby killers believe that.

Hm.

Red herring!

You failed to provide a single link or quote as requested. Your strawman defense of yourself is risible. Since you are stuck on posting spurious slurs there is no need for any further responses on my part.

Link to what?

This is a simple situation;

You claimed that Mike Huckabee said {Women need birth control because "they can't control their libido"}

Did Huckabee say that? No. Were you aware that he didn't say that? Yes. Was your intent to deceive in order to smear the opposition? Yep!

Whether the Democrats do this to demean women or not is irrelevent, Huck's right, it demeans women.

Last edited:

Well then, why don't we give would be bank robbers one million dollars each not to rob banks, after what is the consequences of them robbing banks?
Or, pay rapists not to rape, after all, what's the consequences of them raping?
Or murderers not to murder?
Or drunk drivers not to drive?

It's not about conquences, it's about Government over reaching it's Constitutional power!

It's easy to understand what Huckabee was talking about if you read the transcript or listened to the sound bite. There are three types of people who buy into the attempted smearing of Huckabee's statements, the borderline retarded, the truly ignorant and the little nazis who would rather believe propaganda than the truth.

The minute Huckabee said "Democrats want to tell women" without providing a single example where a Democrat has even hinted that women can't control their libidos, he was on the path to making a fool of himself. He has to deal with it and conservatives have to deal with the collateral damage he created. It would have been better for the party, had most of you come out and condemned Huckabee for spouting such vitriol, but instead you are defending him. Huckabee more or less disqualified himself for the candidacy....mark my words.

Well then, why don't we give would be bank robbers one million dollars each not to rob banks, after what is the consequences of them robbing banks?
Or, pay rapists not to rape, after all, what's the consequences of them raping?
Or murderers not to murder?
Or drunk drivers not to drive?

It's not about conquences, it's about Government over reaching it's Constitutional power!

What is the reason why you cannot answer that simple question?

This is not about what anyone else said.

It is about what Mike. It is up to Mike to make it very clear what he is saying, not that the audience has to interpret it him.

Women heard "sluts" and "contraception" and "libido."

Let's be very clear that Mike fucked himself without contraception.

So now women are so stupid they only hear certain words? You are demeaning to women!

What Mike said is self explanatory, only uneducated halfwits would need it interpreted.

Are you saying that women are uneducated halfwits?

Last edited:
I don't see a logical distinction between the govt requiring my insurance company provide a wellness checkup worth up to a thousand bucks (or whatver it is now) without out of pocket costs and female contraceptives. Saying it's an "act of nature" is simply a distinction without a difference. I'm a male approaching 60. My fcking prostate is an act of nature.

Forum List

Back